[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO is anything coming out of that /v/ "lets make rules to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: eefsdfsfg.jpg (193 KB, 1768x995) Image search: [Google]
eefsdfsfg.jpg
193 KB, 1768x995
SO is anything coming out of that /v/ "lets make rules to follow" sticky or not?
>>
>>556460
The context of this image is that she just killed a pregnant woman.
>>
Bump.

I skimmed through the thread in the morning but then I lost my net connection and my interest.
There seemed to be a consensus on keeping /pol/shit in /pol/ and banning sjw-shit as well.
What else happened?
>>
>>556532

People wanted thread ids, flags, and permanent instant bans on console war shit of all types and obvious falseflagging. Basically for mods to do their job

It ended in people wanting to eliminate or restrict mobile posting as they tend to do this:

>Start shitpost thread on /v/
>Hit airplane mode to switch ips, clear history
>Samefag in the same thread
>Samefag again
>Keep at shitposting the entire thread
>Get banned
>Do it all over again.

Thread Ids will do nothing unless it's addressed
>>
File: 1421554130656.jpg (493 KB, 1799x2400) Image search: [Google]
1421554130656.jpg
493 KB, 1799x2400
If he's sincere, it will probably take a few days.
He's still using the "I don't know how imageboards work even though I made 2ch" and "I don't understand English well despite giving English interviews" persona.
>>
>>556547
>He's still using the "I don't know how imageboards work even though I made 2ch" and "I don't understand English well despite giving English interviews" persona.

So is he expecting the mods to translate for him or something? Because they obviously have their own agenda when they delete gaming threads on /v/ and leave the obvious shitposting and b8 threads up
>>
>>556460
I have an I7 3770k and I couldnt even open the thread
>>
>>556548
No, he doesn't need any translating and never has
He acts like a lovable idiot to try to get people to like him, he's way better at English and way smarter than he acts
>>
>>556561

That's pretty underhanded. Can you trust someone like that?
>>
can you direct me to this thread?
>>
>>556561
>he's way better at English
Proof?
>>
>>556570
>>>/v/340366735
It has 8k posts in it so have fun.
>>
File: current state of vidya.jpg (223 KB, 1500x1211) Image search: [Google]
current state of vidya.jpg
223 KB, 1500x1211
The main reason it was created was so Mr. Asian Moot could find out if there should be Gamer Gate talk again on /v/ or not.

Of course, people on /v/ weren't given any knowledge to this when he made the stickied thread and it became flurry of demands to make /v/ decent.

As anyone with a sound mind would know, /v/ suffers from having some of the most absolute shit mods known to man and they don't enforce any kind of moderation at all, sometimes even banning actual video game content. There is almost no good content on the board and when actual decent material surfaces it gets bogged down by shit posting and console wars (which is a bannable offense but the mods do NOT enforce it).

Due to this, most of /v/ has been lamenting for the longest while as to how they can change the board themselves since moderators are incompetent.

Now this brings us back to the stickied Hiro post on /v/. Most people believed it had to do with the board's current problems, not the issue with Gamer Gate. Most of the solutions given had nothing to do with Gamer Gate content, and more to do with fixing /v/ itself. Solutions such as removing e-celebrity threads, banning console wars, ids for OP/all users, flags of origin, terminating phone posting, separation of /v/ into a western and Japanese board, and other various suggestions were made.

Overall, it seems as if it was a failure that Hiro initialized. He could have given a lot more thought and time to it and actually explained in the OP what the thread was about.

Anyway, I guess /v/ will stay shit. This fucking site could be so much better, but the owners/moderators are such ass and the community itself has become no better, letting everything slide until we are now stuck at this state of sludge.

I don't even know how to end all this really...the entire situation is a shame. Maybe we need the the other chan to merge with us and help fix this. Maybe we can get someone competent to run this site...
>>
>>556575
Gee, I dunno, maybe because he was in an American university? Or perhaps the many English interviews he's given over time?
>>
>>556582
As someone who mostly just shitposts in /qa/ all day, I didn't even know /v/ wanted fixing.

The problems brought up in /qa/ seem pretty separate from what was in the sticky, so I suppose surfacing that might have been good for something.
>>
>>556460
IDK, there is so much in the thread that my browser crashed trying to look at it.
>>
>>556554
Opened it at 6000 posts or something.
Tab froze for a good minute loading everything.
>>
>>556582
>/v/ suffers from having some of the most absolute shit mods known to man
/v/ also has the shittiest posters known to man, which is the real problem. if they'd stop acting like the 12-year olds that they are and discuss video games instead of baiting each other all day maybe /v/ wouldn't need so much moderation.
>>
>>556582
>As anyone with a sound mind would know, /v/ suffers from having some of the most absolute shit mods known to man
/v/ has the same mods as all boards, because mods are not board specific. Also if you check /bans/ there are usually as many from /v/ as any other board. /v/ is the fastest board, good luck expecting a few volunteers who also have to moderate every other board on the site to make a dent in /v/.
>>
>>556588
What browser? Got no problems on firefox except when attempting to hover over quote links, takes like 3 seconds to pop up.

Memory usage climbed to 200MB before dropping during load.
>>
ban phoneposters
ban eceleb shit
ban politics
there I fixed /v/
>>
>>556585
Such as?
>>
>>>/v/340370972
Kill yourself.
>>
>>556592
>>556596
Pretty much these. It's a fuckhuge board with a fuckhuge amount of terrible posters. It's impossible to moderate due to its size and most of the userbase is either mouthbreathing cretins straight from Steam forums or Youtube comments, or shitposters and baiters harvesting their precious and easy (You)s because the aforementioned retards either can't or don't want to spot and ignore even the most obvious trolls. The majority of people who post on /v/ are simply incapable of proper discussion.
You can't really fix it anymore. /v/ is a rotting corpse and it's going to stay that way, no matter how hard you try to resurrect it.
>>
These are the points that generally everyone agreed on in the thread:
>ban e-celeb threads
>add thread IDs (like on /pol/)
>>
>>556757
If you go by the polls, most people were against IDs.
>>
>>556565
He seems to mostly follow a hands-off approach to his site so who knows?
I think the mods have more influence than him.
>>
>>556757
no, most of the agreed points were
>ban e-celeb
>ban twitter
>ban /pol/ threads/complaining about SJWs
>ban console war threads

thread IDs was split
>>
File: 1465017586365.png (126 KB, 1462x531) Image search: [Google]
1465017586365.png
126 KB, 1462x531
>>556565
No.
>>
>>556766
>ban console war threads
aka
>My favorite console is shitty and don't want people talking bad about it!
>N-No, Xbox One isn't crap! Everyone wants to buy one! I heard it's getting one exclusive this year!"
>W-Who cares if the Wii U was a bomb! Sony is still gay!
>"So what if the game is downgraded and I got to pay extra for content they could have added in the game! I'd gladly use all my mom's money for the next Triple A shooter and movie-inspired masterpiece! Playstation is based!
>Stop insulting the PC master race!

Fags need to be told they're fags.
>>
File: 1396003022032.png (129 KB, 241x314) Image search: [Google]
1396003022032.png
129 KB, 241x314
>>556789
Nobody is getting their feelings hurt because of console war threads, you numbskull. They're just annoying as shit and have absolutely no purpose other than to be annoying.
>>
>>556792
>Can't discuss consoles on a VIDEO GAME board.
Do you people even know what you're talking about? You want everyone just to talk about PC games then? It doesn't matter if they'rte annoying, they are on topic.
>>
>>556803
Of course you can talk about both PC and console games. But you can't make a thread saying "PC games are better than consoles".
>>
>>556803
>discuss
Calling someone a nintenyearold/sonygger/what the fuck ever, saying their console has no games, and just generally posting for the sole purpose of making others angry is not and has never been "discussion," you actual twat. Do you go to the zoo, watch apes screeching and flinging shit at each other, and think "what a productive discussion those fine fellows are having?"
>>
>>556585
source?
>>
>>556543
It really would be a good idea to disable mobile posting on the bigger boards. I hope Hiro at least tries it out.

4chan is probably the only place on the internet I know of where mobile users cause trouble. This is because it's an anonymous site with no real accountability for your actions. With the advent of mobile posting, we need to make a sacrifice in order for the site to not fall apart. Obviously user accounts would not sit well with people, so disabling mobile posting seems like the only recourse.
>>
>>556547
>>556585
I'd appreciate a link to any of the English interviews, because this gets said a lot (perhaps by you) but I've never seen anything to back it up.
>>
>>557457

Posting posting
>>
>>557472

Sorry guys, it said my IP was range banned and i thought this was it, apparently not
>>
>>556752
I mentioned this in the thread but I really advise Hiro to NOT make any MORE boards even with the overpopulation problem. People lately seem to have this idea that the site is no different from reddit ever since the new admin, and want to allocate containment boards for groups of people they don't like, which in the long run will only bring more traffic of that attraction. Segregation is breaking the community apart, and a lot of people on /v/ fear having a split of eastern and western video game discussion board because of how different the userbase has become as the generations shift. There may not be hope for making /v/ "better", but things can be a hell of a lot worse with more and more bad decisions, which we need to prevent from happening.

Imagine how bad /v/ would be in 10 years. They would kill to be where we are today and point fingers at Hiro as to when did things go wrong.
>>
>>557472
Posting posting posting
>>
File: 1464467691599.gif (582 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464467691599.gif
582 KB, 480x270
>>556460
Fuck me I opened that thread on my phone with roaming internet
>>
File: 1454197261400.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1454197261400.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
>>557477
>breaking the community apart
>on /v/
>There may not be hope for making /v/ "better", but things can be a hell of a lot worse with more and more bad decisions

So you're one of those people who told Hiro to fuck off because /v/ is fine. If you really like to wallow in your own and others' shit then be my guest.
>>
>>557457

Well if user accounts were restricted only to mobile posters and if we got some kind of icon like flags to see they were mobile posters we can easily signal out the shitposters.
>>
>>557460
Here's the moot interview from a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7vw5_TRQis

In the future you can embrace the power of the information superhighway and do something like type "hiroyuki interview english" into a search engine. I know it sounds scary but I think you can handle it, anon!
>>
>>557477
I mostly disagree. /v/ is too large to function smoothly.

What I DO agree with you is that any potential splits should not be on a "I don't like this" basis, but should be based on natural cleavages in the population.

>>557457
I think that's too severe, and also, mobile posting tech will get better. Would increasing the post timer for mobile help?
>>
>>557694
>I think that's too severe, and also, mobile posting tech will get better. Would increasing the post timer for mobile help?

No

Mobile shitposters can switch ips with the hit of a button which is airplane mode. Under less than a minute.

A new IP is a new user ID

So a mobile shitposter can make a thread, switch ips and samefag pretend he's a different person for the first few posts.

Mod comes along and deletes it and he just hits airplane mode and is back to shitposting within seconds with a shiny new ip. Unlike regular isps that can be range banned, mobile data gets ips from different states so you can't pull that with them.

All mobile devices have ips that link them to to their provider though. So if an icon was put where flags usually go that indicate mobile and their provider, we'd be easily outing how they shitpost. Or just make an account based system so they would at least have to put work into making them with email verification. It would slow them down and at the end of the day you'd still see they are on mobile.
>>
>>557712

Also nearly everyone has a cell phone to do this with. I'm on mobile now and wouldn't mind this system since I know it would cut down on shitposting.
>>
>>556460
>SO is anything coming out of that /v/ "lets make rules to follow" sticky or not?
Probably not
How do you properly gauge who was posting how much and which posts belong to who? I think IDs should stay off V because they won't fix anything. They'd have helped that thread though, kektastic.
Unless someone is going to show me a list of mobile IPs being banned I really hope we can drop the mobile poster boogieman shit.
>A majority of posters wanted politics in pol and hue hue
I disagree with this statement.
Who is dumb enough to honest suggest taking v topics to pol? Who thinks this won't cause problems? Idiots that's who.

Clean out the mods / add sticky telling users to hide threads they don't like / limit games to 5 threads a time for the board.
There I fixed your shit.
>>
>>557712
>we'd be easily outing how they shitpost.
Can you do this by identifying that they're shit posting in the first place? I don't think tagging all mobile posters is suddenly going to stop v from responding to shit posting posts. Do you? Honesty now. I feel like it'll stop people who wouldn't already responded to those.
>>
>>557726
This is the issue with mobile posting

The same shitposter spamming the same threads at once using airplane mode

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/something%20overwatch%20USELESS/type/op/

Course mods delete these and then he hits airplane mode and goes back to making the typical shitposting b8 threads that stay up.

And yes I think it will. When the same provider on mobile user is spamming the same shit people can identify it.
>>
>>557730
Yes I understand your boogieman. What part of adding flags to some extent makes you believe v will stop responding to shit posts in general? I submit that it might curve one or two posters but wouldn't have an over all effect like you're hoping for.

My problem with the suggestion is that it doesn't label all shit posts as shit posts it labels mobile posts as potential shit posts. Which could just easily decline into people using it as an excuse for someone else argument to 'just shit posting'
To add to that, if a user can't identify that the OP of a shit post is indeed shitnposting, what makes you think flags will randomly change this? They'll most likely remain just as bamboozled as before, but have other posters in the thread derailing based on the OPs place of posting.

Board based IDs are the only way to do IDs and in the end they'd only ever hurt the board. Imo.
>>
>>557736

Identifying them. A mobile flag along with the provider would easily make those kind of posters identifiable and people will call them out on it more.

Someone with a genuine argument won't be met with shitposts unless the other guy is one. Couple this with mobile users making an account and having those indicators and speed shitposting becomes more annoying. Like I said I am a mobile user and am for it because I know it will get the job done.

Either way nothing ever gets done so I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>557768
>Like I said I am a mobile user and am for it because I know it will get the job done.
I don't understand why you feel this way. I don't think it'll change up the nature enough for it to matter. And it will just be some extra thing no one pays attention to.
Again unless you're going to show me that all recent shit posting was specific mobile users I'm gunna call boogieman. IP switching is just as easy for a PC as it is a mobile user in the current day, imo. So I don't see the IP change at the flick of a switch as a big motivator.

I don't think the flags will change v's general way of handling shitters. Only curve people who already knew not to response to those. We'll just have to disagree there.
>>
>>557779

The device isn't the problem here. I can tether my mobile connection to a pc and it's the same and even easier since you're not restricted to a touch screen to clear our history.

The connection type is the issue. Mobile users can get an ip from any state or location just by hitting airplane mode. A regular isp will give you range of ips in the same location. So a range ban would work.
>>
Honestly if they ban console war shitposting plus eceleb and twitter posts it would increase the board quality dramatically.

It never seems boring for those people to care about people who don't matter or post slightly edits of wojack to derail threads.
>>
>>556803
You dolt, talking about pc and consoles is ok but derailing threads with you million shitty wojack edits and DELETE THIS because someone mentioned they have a PS4 is annoying and just a meme at this stage.
>>
>>556803
>implying
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.