[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do You Care How Often An Image/Video Is Posted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: girugamesh.jpg (29 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh.jpg
29 KB, 600x540
One of the things that bothers me about /wsg/ (and to a lesser extent /gif/) is that the same video clip gets posted multiple times. One video clip can be found in one of the many YLYL theads and Dance threads (not to mention multiple times in the archive).

I understand that /wsg/ is a slow board. But I would love it if there was a restriction on posting webm/gifs: You can't post a webm if it already exists in a current thread OR in the archive. Of course people would get around the restriction by re-encoding the vid. But most wouldn't do that in my opinion.

Is that too draconian? Am I being an autist? It doesn't bother me when it happens on other boards. But it is so annoying to me when it happens on /wsg/ and /gif/.

Is anyone else bothered by the frequency of reposted content on /wsg/ or any of the boards in general?
>>
File: 250px-119Seaking.png (74 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-119Seaking.png
74 KB, 250x250
>>554362
Forced memes are obvious when they happen if that's what you mean.
>>
>>554368
>Forced memes are obvious when they happen
You're right.

But I don't feel like people are forcing a meme when they repost a webm or gif on /wsg/ or /gif/.

I was going to post some examples but maybe I am just getting triggered by video memes.
>>
it's also a problem on /s/. someone will post the 1 picture they've saved in 8 different threads and then come back the next day and do it again. some will even save a few pics from one thread and use them to start an identical thread when the original isn't anywhere near image limit.
>>
>>554362
Maybe just in all current active threads.
Anyway, /wsg/ isn't slow.
>>
File: neet-stats-2016-06-08.png (252 KB, 985x1707) Image search: [Google]
neet-stats-2016-06-08.png
252 KB, 985x1707
>>554776
>Anyway, /wsg/ isn't slow.
My impression is that /wsg/ is a slow compared to other boards. I don't have any means to verify what I believe. But it feels slow.

The website in the attached image seems to suggest that /wsg/ is one of the slower boards. But there is no way to verify if the data is valid.

catalog.neet.tv/stats.html

>Maybe just in all current active threads.
That sounds reasonable to me.

>>554770
>someone will post the 1 picture they've saved in 8 different threads
Yeah that bothers me as well. It happens on almost all the boards I frequent. But reposting the same image/video doesn't bother me as much on boards where the image/video isn't the main point of the board.

I understand 4chan is an imageboard and images are a big part of the content. But baneposting on /tv/ or latest memeposting on /sp/ doesn't really annoy me. I'm not on those boards for the images. Conversely, on boards like /s/ or /hr/, I'm really only there for the images. And the same thing is true on /wsg/ and /gif/.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.