[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you want moot back? I feel like Hiroshima is doing much worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
Do you want moot back?

I feel like Hiroshima is doing much worse job than moot.
>>
Neither of them really give a shit about 4chan so I couldn't care less.
>>
Why didn't he just delete 4chan and make a new imageboard on a different domain
>>
>>553687
I wanna suck him
>>
>>553687
Hi moot
>>
>>553698
he made canvas but it was a fail.
>>
>>553687
m00t put your trip back on
>>
>>553687
Nope. I'm certain that at some point he would have snapped and caused some damage to the site's culture or something (way beyond the events of sept 2014). With hiroyuki, 4chan has someone with a somewhat fresh perspective on the site running it and is not as emotionally invested. Although hiro's lack of technical knowledge is a bit worrying.

>>553725
That's how venture capital works though, invest $100 million into 100 different companies, and one of them will earn you $1 billion while the other 99 fail. Canvas was part of the 99 failures.
>>
>>553729
>Nope. I'm certain that at some point he would have snapped and caused some damage to the site's culture or something (way beyond the events of sept 2014).
He saw what he was becoming, and left 4chan to save us from himself.

Truly, the greatest hero.
>>
>>553729
>Although hiro's lack of technical knowledge is a bit worrying.
Yet another retard who fell for the "i just a silly gook gomen ^_^" meme.
>>
At least moot would actually try to keep mods attentions on boards like /his/. Recognize obvious mistakes like what happened with /asp/. Hiro cant even be bothered to keep any eye on his baby /new/
When moot made mistakes he fucking owmed up to them, apologized, and tried to address the issue in a way that compromised enough to satosfy everybody. Hiro has that stupid japanese pride. Same pride that makes the people in charge of Japanese companies constantly make mistake after mistake amd never pay attention to what customers actually want. In the 80s the West thought the japs were gonna take over the future but then we found out that they dont know what the fuck their doing, ever. Its all blind luck and stubborness
Hiro, bring back moot as an advisor.
>>
>>553820
He probably has no idea what happened to /asp/, because he doesn't follow-up or for that matter even care.
>>
No he encouraged the shitty mods.
Hiroyuki just stands around in blissful ignorance while they continue to ruin the site.

So I'd put them both equal desu.
>>
>>553687
I'd rather a criminal businessman run the site than an insufferable faggot who actively took steps to fuck over boards based on personal offence. If anything, keep him and his retarded friend the fuck away from moderation. They have already done far too much damage and overstayed their worth. I wish Hiro would remove the current guard entirely and completely revamp the moderation system: get rid of the cloisters of IRC rooms and promoting brown nosing cocksuckers who are desperate for a bit of power and replace it with a professional (as possible) system of transparency in moderation and paid employees.

Obviously not going to happen in the same way that multinational corporations will never pay tax honestly. There is just no incentive for change and they don't give a shit about the userbase. At least hiro isn't as emotionally invested and unlikely to range ban entire countries over being embarrassed when trying to shitpost on /int/, etc. and being mocked for it. Some cold hard detachment is a good thing.

>>553729
>That's how venture capital works though, invest $100 million into 100 different companies, and one of them will earn you $1 billion while the other 99 fail.
That's all well and good but m00t didn't have $100 million dollars to invest in 100 different companies. He went out on a limb and invested a lot into his personal delusions of being able to create something worthwhile, as he was painfully oblivious that the only reason why 4chan was a success was not because of him but because of us, and it crashed and fucking burned. It was his personal project, not some mere business investment.
>>
>>553729
>Although hiro's lack of technical knowledge is a bit worrying.
Yeah I'm sure it's pretty sketchy to have the guy who was working on one of the most successful Japanese discussion board sites in history. Much better to have a bumbling fool who repeatedly deleted entire board content out of negligence than a guy who was able to generate millions of dollars in profit while being solely responsible for keeping it going.

If there is one thing you can't say about hiro, it is that he has a lack of technical knowledge. The guy is one of the people responsible for the existence of contemporary text/image discussion board websites. Do you people ever bother to inform yourself of the basics of topics which you so brazenly encroach upon as though it stems from a personal awareness of the topic? Surely there must be a point before or after the thought process of "I'm going to post a bunch of stuff about something I have no fucking clue about" which involves some form of "maybe I should look into this a little before commenting".

>>553849
>blissful ignorance
More like wilful ignorance.
>>
>>553855
>/pol/ still immensely butthurt about a harmless prank
moot truly was the greatest
>>
File: z-ban.jpg (88 KB, 1024x716) Image search: [Google]
z-ban.jpg
88 KB, 1024x716
>>553881
Indeed. moot pulled that kind of shit all the time on /b/ back then.
>>
>>553859
>Much better to have a bumbling fool who repeatedly deleted entire board content out of negligence
hiro probably had a sysadmin who wasn't a 16 year old working out of his parent's basement.

Honestly, if 4chan had never been associated in the early days with raids, horrible people, and general /b/-tier behavior it might actually have been worth money.
>>
>>553859
>millions of dollars in profit
You mean "in debt", or are you talking out of your ass here? Are you not aware of all the lawsuits Hiro lost in Japan?
>>
>>553687
Hiro honestly hasn't done a goddamn thing.

New editions like /his/ and /qst/ were nothing new, and likely spearheaded by nameless mods and not Hiro himself.

/aco/ in particular is the brainchild of a single faggot mod on /d/ who wanted that board to be futa and nothing but, which was hard to do when you had all these pesky other fetishes with their sporadic western content keeping them from 404ing. So he decided he'd more or less just starve the competition out of content.

/qst/ is a mixed bag, some QMs like it and it was obviously pushed by anti-questers which isn't really what makes a board sound like a fun place to go, but overall it at least serves a purpose.

/his/ I feel is the unambiguous success story, which is ironic for me because I don't go to it anymore. But it's active, near as I can tell, and nobody complains about it.

However, were any of these the result of Hiro? Maybe he greased the wheels, but ultimately, no. The ideas came from either mods or anons, the mods did the heavy lifting to set em up, and the Anons fill them with threads.

moot on the other hand would turn up every once in a while to troll /a/. And God bless him for it. You might not like moot, but at least he interacted with the community.

Hiro I sometimes forget exists. Maybe he's behind some posts on /int/ or /pol/, but really the mods run the show and Hiro just owns the site. Unlike moot, Hiro can't be appealed to. I don't see any posts in his writing style and I doubt he browses much. He isn't disinterested, he's just the owner. It's like the owner of a sports team, and with moot at least he'd dress up as the mascot and do a little dance in the middle of the field. Hiro just exists. It's kinda disappointing, but it's probably what all future owners will be like.

One of the reasons Hiro won't last. moot enjoyed this community, whatever his faults, but he slowly realized he enjoyed financial security more.
>>
>>553881
>implying anyone actually gives a fuck about le quirky filters xpp for a week
>implying moot didn't do that purely out of spite and embarrassment

There are so many fucking suckups on this site it's unreal.
>>
>>553948
>Hiro honestly hasn't done a goddamn thing.
I thought this was pretty obvious but then I find many people actually defending him in this thread.

>but he slowly realized he enjoyed financial security more
Was it that? I think he just got tired of 4chan as a whole. I'm surprised (and saddened) he didn't shut it down instead of handing it to a dataminer.
>>
>>553949
Wow, still mad after all these years.
>>
>>553954
*upvotes*
>>
Honestly, I like both Hiro and moot as people.
Hiro is too new to judge him based on what he's done, but I like most of it so far.
>>
>>553955
Nice dubs!
>>
File: 1344574616324.png (7 KB, 342x128) Image search: [Google]
1344574616324.png
7 KB, 342x128
>>553951
I think finances is something anyone grows concerned about.

moot certainly participated in 4chan up until he left, and easily might still do so to this day. There are so many topics I can't imagine that absolutely nothing catches his interest, even if it's only a single board.

His startup was a clear sign he wanted to branch out, and while he had investers lose money for him on that project, moot never really was successful on his own save this site. The next step was either another attempt at a start up, or sell the site and go work for somebody else.

So moot works for google now. You can't tell me that he doesn't need to eat or pay rent. Everyone needs money, and 4chan is something that moot probably just could no longer afford. Not necessarily in terms of its costs, but in what he couldn't do because he had to be its owner.

>>553949
Yeah. Pure spite.
>>
File: laughinggirls.jpg (134 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.jpg
134 KB, 446x400
>>553949
STILL
MAD
>>
Hiro has done more for this site than moot did in like 3-4 years
>>
>>553687
moot was a salty bitch.

I miss him.
>>
>>553966
Hiro hasn't done a thing. It's all the three guys moot left in charge when leaving.
>>
>>553689
This.
>>
>>553687
Yes I miss him. He was a faggot but he was our faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>553689
>tfw no one gives a shit about us
>>
>>554015
>tfw no one gives a shit about you
>tfw no one gives a shit about me
I should just end it all.
>>
>>553907
The only prank /pol/ enjoyed was when moot made /pol/ communist themed. This was before he decided to pull /b/ tier jokes on /pol/.

also moot said he loathed politics on his last Q&A.
>>
>>553992
Fuck I miss moot.

I wish Hiro posted more to at least look like he cares about administering 4chan other than just owning it.
>>
>>553966
Hiro made at least some (if not all) of the new boards. Before he left, moot hadn't made any new boards since /biz/.
>>
Not at all.

I came to this board solely for the purpose of saying that Hiro is doing a much better job than moot. I have been using 4chan for 10 years now.

4chan has had it's ups and downs and moot always contributed to fucking everything up and being a total faggot.

Since hiro took over everything has been pretty good. He's done a better job than moot ever did.
>>
File: image.png (603 KB, 600x729) Image search: [Google]
image.png
603 KB, 600x729
>>553949
>still mad that daddy gave him a spanking
>>
>>554072
>implying that's a good thing
>>
>>553949
>still mad that moot fucked /pol/ over
Not as if the cuck meme will die if he didn't crash the board
>>
>>554092
>implying new boards aren't needed
Why is change so hard for people?
>>
>>554093
>Not as if the cuck meme will die if he didn't crash the board
The cuck meme is still alive and stronger than ever as it has infested reddit's politics boards thanks to /r/The_Donald (reddit - /pol/ crossbrowsers)
>>
>>553881
>/pol/ still immensely butthurt
Stop posting newfag, it's time to lurk. m00t fucked over other boards years before /pol/ even fucking existed.

>>553933
>hiro probably had a sysadmin who wasn't a 16 year old working out of his parent's basement.
Hiro was running the site himself with a bunch of retards doing it for free. It was specifically because he was able to freely work behind the scenes in technical administration which allowed him to take advantage of that and take a course of action which resulted in him being investigated by the Japanese feds, racking up large fines and making a clone of the site entirely under the nose of everyone else long before they noticed the resultant machinations after he "left".

Tell me: who would become sysadmin for a site that was generating millions in revenue entirely without pay? You really have to be pulling the longest bow in existence to think that hiro isn't and wasn't technically aware of how to run these sites.

>>553941
>You mean "in debt", or are you talking out of your ass here?
No, millions of dollars in profit. The law suits came years he was well and truly established.
>Are you not aware of all the lawsuits Hiro lost in Japan?
Of which that fuck has publicly stated he has no intention of paying. He has companies and ties around the world; if push came to shove and the government came after him he could just as easily take "political asylum" in another country and continue hiding away from the Japanese authorities forever.
>>
>>553992
>>554064
Fuck off poole.
Your higher ups and Google are calling for a Danish and some under the desk knob polishing.
>>
>>553687
I liked mot. He seemed like a cool guy. I used to think that he was a huge stoner because I couldn't figure out how someone could stay so calm while running this site every day. I think he just became a zen master after dealing with 4chan's shit for over a decade. That skill will help him out immensely in the rest of his life. It would be fun to see him back here again, but if he really figured out a way to stop coming here forever then bless his heart. If he escaped there's hope for us all.
>>
>>554094
Some are needed and some are not.

More boards does not automatically mean a better experience.
>>
>>554105
Exactly, getting butthurt over what has been part of the site since forever is idiotic. If you can't stand moot having fun with boards for a couple days, why the fuck didn't you move to a mature forum for mature people like yourself?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vf5lhPkfYo
>>
>>553687
I've noticed the mods become a lot more chill and I'm not sure if that's hiro's doing or what but it certainly hasn't gotten worse
>>
>>554105
I was mostly pointing out that the reason moot kept fucking up the site because at the time, he was the only sysadmin, 16, and had no training in running a website whatsoever. The average 16-year-old is a fucking moron.

>making a clone of the site entirely under the nose of everyone else long before they noticed the resultant machinations after he "left".
He scraped the website. That takes some level of technical skill, but nothing that every 4chan archiver doesn't already do.
>>
>>553689
this
>>
>>553933
>Honestly, if 4chan had never been associated in the early days with raids, horrible people, and general /b/-tier behavior it might actually have been worth money.

Before that 4chan was just anime central. It literally had a board for guro and lolicon. Moot considered it a hobby, so I don't think he ever intended 4chan to be profitable. They just wanted enough money to pay for the server costs. I guess this is why he tried to become an actual internet entrepreneur with Canvas once he was experienced enough.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.