[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't we allowed to fun post on /sp/ when no sports are on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
Why aren't we allowed to fun post on /sp/ when no sports are on?
>>
Because it has nothing to do with sports.
>>
>>552862
Its sports culture
>>
File: 54354343.png (100 KB, 1354x590) Image search: [Google]
54354343.png
100 KB, 1354x590
/sp/ acts like a sports bar. When there's no games on, anons inevitably go off-topic - I'm not saying that this behaviour should be allowed for every off-topic thread, but the mods should be more lenient in their practices on /sp/. Even classic threads like the car chaseb owl get taken down by a dedicated spammer who can't handle the bantz.
>>
>>552905
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""culture""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>553105
A sports bar is not open 24/7. Go to home if there is no game to watch or maybe, just maybe actually take oart in sportive activity yourself you fat sack.
>>
>>553123
>"I am the boss of you, now do what I say on this board that I don't use or else I'm gonna tell on you"
Kill yourself.
>>
>>553123
>A sports bar is not open 24/7
Exactly, but /sp/ is, hence why people go off-topic when there's nothing on.
>>
>>553136
The idea that there is nothing on, sporting wise, is false. And even if there were nothing on, you would still be wrong. And here is why.

1. When "nothing" is on for you, lets say you're american. NBA or NHL game isn't on, so you want to talk off topic. However, rugby, cricket, a shitload of soccer, etc, are all on and being discussed. Your off topic bullshit is taking away thread space on the board that could be used for those sports that are on. Imagine it the other way around now. Soccer/Cricket/MMA/Rugby/Tennis/Formula 1/etc are not on but American sports are on. Now the folks who watch those sports are "not on" and shit posting and taking up board space for your threads about lebron and curry and the NHL finals. Wouldn't you be pissed if during the finals there were 2 threads about sports, contained in game threads, and everyone else is shitposting because their sport isn't on? It can't work like that.

2. people on /sp/ have this delusion that they need to be posting on /sp/ 24/7, even when sports aren't on. Has it occured to anyone that perhaps, if there are no sports on and you are no longer discussing sports that perhaps you should go somewhere else to discuss what you want to discuss? There's no magic force keeping you on /sp/ after the game has ended or w.e

Personally I think /sp/ should be split into 3 boards. /sp/ - American sports /wsp/ - worldwide sports and /spg/ - sports generals

Keeps the generals out of both sports boards, keeps the shitposting to a minimum on /sp/ and aside from fifa and olympics, keeps the shitposting contained in /wsp/

But that's just me.
>>
>>552859
Because it usually devolves into A. /r9k/ garbage B. /soc/ garbage and/or C. /pol/ garbage
>>
>>554610
there's currently 150 non sticky threads on /sp/ at any given time (unless everyone's gettin banned for talkin shit to janny). do you think that at every hour of every day there are 150 major sporting events worth making a thread about? there is nothing wrong with shootin the shit with the lads in a couple threads while the majority (>100 even if you take generals into consideration) threads can be about sports. there is simply not enough sporting events to fill the catalog at any given moment so a little bro culture doesn't bump any on topic thread off the front page
>>
>>554624
>front page

*board
>>
>>554624
If you have nothing meaningful or interesting to say, don't say anything
>>
>>554626
well by that logic you just deleted 95-99% of 4chan.org's posts so I don't see how that response is relevant
>>
>>554628
Context is everything, idiot. Think about it for a bit.
>>
>>554635
what kind of context are you referring to? because if you don't outline it in any tangible way or give obvious instructions/rules how the hell is someone to determine what a "meaningful or interesting" post is?
>>
>>552859
>when no sports are on?
Sports are always on. There is more than one sport in the world, you fucking sperg, try expanding your interests a little and you won't have to sit around twiddling your thumbs so much. Become one of those pricks who gets into international sports betting and you'll always have a least five or six different games/matches/whatever to talk about at more or less any given moment.
>>
This is like asking "Why shouldn't we shit up /tv/ when no TV show is currently on?"
>>
>>553123
>A sports bar is not open 24/7.
Yes, you braindead fuck, but even if sports bars where only open for an hour or so a day, there would be sports bars open 24/7 around the world, because the planet has more than one fucking time zone. Professional sports are also played essentially every "day" all year due to this phenomenon. When one season comes to an end, it is already starting in a different part of the world. You can basically follow football alone 24/7 with all the different leagues around the world, and that's one fucking sport out of god knows how many that are broadcast to the world.

You're an American, aren't you?
>>
>>554641
>what kind of context are you referring to?
Sport.
On a board for sport.
You stupid cunt.

Not to mention the fact that actual fans of certain sports seem to have no problem talking about past games throughout the history of the sport for hours on end without signs of slowing.
>>
>>553123
Fuck yeah food analogies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.