[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will /g/ ever not be shit or will it forever be an endless pit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (77 KB, 512x447) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
77 KB, 512x447
Will /g/ ever not be shit or will it forever be an endless pit of PAJEET OF BOTNETS ON SUICIDE WATCH?
>>
the latter
Reddit and HN are for genuine discussion about tech. /g/ isn't even good for shitposting, as most of the underage autists there understand only the most direct kind of humour.
>>
i just wish the mods would actually do something when you report the most obvious shitposting instead of letting it happen for 6 fucking hours
BSD threads are the worst
>>
>>552767
Angry freetard detected.
>>
>>552869
you got me all wrong
im angry over freetards invading them, not over the threads existing
>>
>>552875
Oh well then it appears I misread you. Pardon me.
>>
>>551767
>will it forever be an endless pit of ...
Yes.

>>552767
Not BSD-related, but there's this thread that's been up for a little while now
>>>/g/54920031

>>551777
Any subreddits you'd recommend?

Also gonna throw out Slashdot as a decent place for tech discussion, there seems to be a decent amount of overlap between the attitudes there and on /g/.
>>
>>553062
>Any subreddits you'd recommend?
/r/Technology for general purpose tech discussion
/r/BuildAPC and /r/Hardware
/r/ReverseEngineering
/r/NetSec for cybersecurity
/r/CompSci (this is hit or miss)
/r/Programming for programming in general - just stay out of clickb8/blogspam threads titled "why X needs language feature Y". As a rule of thumb, if a thread there has >350 comments then it's probably full of idiots bikeshedding.
I prefer language-specific programming subreddits like /r/Python
/r/DailyProgrammer is absolute mint for giving your brain a workout
>>
>>551777
>>553062
>>553255

Advertising is against the rules.
>>
>>553255
also, /r/BSD, /r/FreeBSD, /r/OpenBSD, and /r/NetBSD
>>
>>553257
If not even the jannies on /tv/ give a fuck about that rule, why should I?
>>
>>553257
and it's the most irrelevant rule on the entire site
especially /g/
>>
Not unless there's some moderation, /g/ is beyond saving through user action alone, short of finding some angry NEET with an actual botnet to flood the board with trash for months on end until the /v/edditors, shills and bloggers go away.

All you can do at this point is stick to threads you like and report, sage, hide and carry on.
>>
>>553314
>All you can do at this point is stick to threads you like and report, sage, hide and carry on.
that doesn't do anything
/g/ has genuinely terrible fucking janitors, and i'm not saying this because they delete shit i like, i'm saying this because they don't do anything at all
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.