[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does moderation on /jp/ only happen 1. in idol threads 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 7
Why does moderation on /jp/ only happen
1. in idol threads
2. in monstergirl threads
3. in threads imported from /a/
?

Every other thread and shitpost takes hours to receive moderation, unless some mod who fancies /a/ comes over and tries to force some thread that belongs in >>>/trash/ and delete dissidents, while pretending to moderate the rest of the board for a half hour or so until they get bored and leave.

Are there only janitors who babysit the first two thread types all day or what? I mean look at the list of deleted posts. https://warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_del=yes If you click on one, chances are it's from one of the first two types of threads. Could /jp/ janitors/other mods at least pretend to moderate the rest of the board, like the /a/-favoring mods do?

Accidentally posted this in /jp/ itself before. Serious question though.
>>
Use the report button and be the change you want to be in 4chan
>>
>>551691
General threads are full of autistic people who report each other all day.

What exactly do you expect to be deleted from /jp/ that isn't?
>>
>>551694
I do. It does fuckall nowadays.
>>
>>551717
Please list some examples.
>>
>>551694
>>552203
I like to think reporting posts does something, but most of the time it feels like nothing happens at all.
>>
>>552917
Please list some examples.
>>
>>551694
Literally nothing happens, ever.

Actually.
I did get warned once for reporting a spammer.
>>
>>552941
Examples of what? undeleted posts? Go look at the archive of deleted posts and see how their only idol and monstergirl thread posts. Are you suggesting everything else is quality posts?

The beavis and butthead thread is still there, if you want an example. I'm not linking it, the mods can do their own jobs
>>
>>551691
Why are you still on /jp/, ``lmao''.
>>
>>552945
What's a quality post to you
>>
>>552948
Why does that matter? A quality, but off-topic post should be deleted, or better yet, moved to the proper board like certain mods are so eager to do with /a/ and /v/ threads into /jp/.
>>
It's because /jp/ is just a dumping ground.

Hiro needs to rethink what the lines between /a/ and /jp/ should be because it's sad to see /jp/ in such a state.
>>
>>552945
"This shitty post is still up despite me reporting it, but all im going to show you is mods actually doing their jobs and not the thing i'm actually complaining about."

Okay.
>>
>>552960
But that is the thing I'm complaining about. I want them to do what they're doing there to the rest of the board. They can find each of those posts in those threads no one gives a shit about easily enough. Why's it so hard for the rest of the board?

At a glance I can't even tell why most of those posts were even deleted. You'd have to be participating in those threads to figure out what's wrong. So if they have time to do that, or will just blindly delete anything, why can't either of those happen with the rest of the board?
>>
>>552965
Please
list
some
examples.

Or fuck off.
>>
File: 1441209192089.png (608 KB, 1904x548) Image search: [Google]
1441209192089.png
608 KB, 1904x548
>>552969
not that anon
and not /jp/ but this is /int/ literally every day
>>
>>552970
The supposedly on topic threads aren't much better.
>>
>>552970
And people say /jp/ is the worst board, jesus christ.
>>
File: 1448783213575.jpg (353 KB, 1239x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448783213575.jpg
353 KB, 1239x1280
>>552971
>>552976
and reporting does nothing

it stays like that for 12+ hours
and someone posts cp is threads that are about to die
>>
>>552979
>is threads that are about to die
in*
probably to get it archived
fuck if I know

where are the new janitors?
>>
You forgot the janitor who sits in KanColle threads and posts reaction images to the posts he deletes
>>
>>551691
Jesus, I had no idea how bad the shitposting in the idol threads could be. It makes the rest of the board look mature.
>>
>>552969
He probably wants half the board nuked for being low-quality posting.
>>
>>553007
Honestly if all the fetish touhou feet touhou mommy touhou diapers touhou giants touhou fatties touhout tit inflation threads were gone, it would probably remove half the board.
>>
>>553010
Most threads are made by secondary shitters so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>552953
He should merge /c/ and /cm/ into 2D/General and use that as the dumping ground for /a/. Also rename /jp/ to Japan/General like it was before.
>>
>>553038
>Also rename /jp/ to Japan/General like it was before.
For all of a month or 3? And for what purpose? So people can put up Japanese threads and talk about the bombings of Japan and other shit that can go in /trv/ and /int/?
>>
>>553003
Babymetal is truly /v/ tier garbage.
I wish they'd just go to /mu/ already.
>>
>>553038
>>553043
just make it look like a mix of 4chan and nijiura and name it "Two-dimensional/Random"
kinda like this http://bienvenidoainternet.org/jp/
>>
>>553078
I don't know. I still think /a/ content should be not allowed on any incarnation of /jp/, since the whole point was to hold everything that /a/ was not about.

At the same time, I think something should be done to regain the topics lost to /vg/
>>
>>>/jp/15340306
Spoonfeeding the janitor that can't do his job
>>
>>553088
Reminder that fetish and muh dick posting ruins every blue board and should be nuked on sight.
>>
Make /jp/ more like /japangeneral/ from int

and it'll be 200x more popular
>>
>>553127
I couldn't agree more.
>>
But what about 2hu?
>>
>>553151
What about it?
>>
>>553130
/jp/ shouldn't be popular and /int/ is garbage
>>
>>552203
>>552941
>>552969
OH LOOK >>553088'S STILL HERE EVEN AFTER POSTING AN EXAMPLE. I GUESS /JP/ IS NSFW NOW. EVERYONE POST TITS.

Meanwhile mods are hard at work defending idols and /u/ shit.
>>
File: 871891233971614.jpg (126 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
871891233971614.jpg
126 KB, 600x450
>>553366
>he thinks mods or janitors look at this place
So is this really you >>541280
>>
>>553381
>So is this really you
Only if this is really you.
>>541506
>>
So, what the fuck do these threads have to do with /jp/?

>>>/jp/15338515
>>>/jp/15346611

There's time to tend to monstergirl furshit threads, but not to delete these two? Why is there even a huge wave of deletions all from that shit thread anyway?
>>
>>553440
This too, it's just a fucking metapost about the boorus, which aren't even 4chan related, let alone /jp/.

>>>/jp/15342525
>>
>>553444
Oh fuck off, do you really think the largest usermade tagging database for pixiv/whatever artists is not /jp/ related?

What the fuck do you want more of? Which 2hu's feet would you sniff?
>>
>>553449
How is it? It's just an image upload site. It's as /jp/ related as it is /c/, /a/, /m/, or /v/ related.
>>
>>553451
Nicovideo is just a video upload site. What's your point?
>>
>>553451
Oh, you're actually retarded.
I'm so sorry for getting angry with you, I didn't know it wasn't your fault. Where is your caretaker, can I speak with her?
>>
>>553449
>>553451
Also no, I want all the fetish/sex related touhou threads to leave, but apparently they're the janitor's favorite kinds of threads.

"Why is X so fucking shit?" isn't exactly a worthy post anyway. Can I make a thread saying
"Why are mobile games so fucking shit?"
"Why are monster girls so fucking shit?"
"Why is Touhou yuri so fucking shit?"
"Why are idol groups so fucking shit?"
"Why is Kancolle so fucking shit?"

You can bet your ass those threads would be deleted in 2-3 days, when the janitors finally felt like doing their job. Maybe sooner if I insulted something they like.
>>
>>553461
What the fuck do you want to see then? Since you want about 50% of the board gone, and then the other small harmless not-touhou things gone too.

Are you an idolfag or something?
>>
At least now we know why he wouldn't tell us which posts he was mad about.
>>
>>553458
>Nicovideo is just a video upload site.
It is. Do you think making a Nicovideo thread that's not specifically about /jp/ stuff is good? Can I make a thread where Japanese do lets plays of western indie games and it's /jp/ relevant?

Can I just post random songs from nicovideo with a picture of a touhou? "Go to nicovideo and bring back a video that represents the 2hu you post" Great thread, huh?
>>
>>553469
>Can I just post random songs from nicovideo with a picture of a touhou? "Go to nicovideo and bring back a video that represents the 2hu you post" Great thread, huh?
Yes. You can. Even more so if it's Touhou.
>>
File: two blocks down.jpg (103 KB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
two blocks down.jpg
103 KB, 564x428
>>553469
Hey crossie, I think you got the wrong board. /a/ is two blocks down.
>>
>>553465
It's not about what I want to see. I want mods to delete shitty posts from places other than their favorite threads they made themselves. I don't care if they only delete things I want to see if they're off topic. I want them to do their fucking job right and give me a reason not to just start making shitposts and fetish threads too.

>Are you an idolfag or something?
Are you the one making off topic threads? I don't hate Beavis and Butthead man, but take that to /co/.
>>
>>553474
No, I make "fetish threads" that you hate so much. I think i'm going to make another. Whats your least favorite body part?
>>
>>553469
>Can I make a thread where Japanese do lets plays of western indie games and it's /jp/ relevant?
No you can't. In general though, if someone makes a nicovideo thread, it's automatically implied that it will be about /jp/ related topics on nico, not about western ones. There's nothing wrong with a nico thread about that, and pretty much all of them are.
>>
>>553477
But the booru thread you compared it to is just "why is Booru so fucking shit?"

Is "Why is Nicovideo so fucking shit?" implied to be about /jp/ related topics? Because last time that happened, it was a "why don't the nips use Youtube" thread.
>>
>>553481
It's a platform commonly associated with "otaku subjects." The fact that /jp/ is full of people who don't know jack shit about them and can't talk about the actual content is another issue entirely.
>>
>>553461
>You can bet your ass those threads would be deleted in 2-3 days, when the janitors finally felt like doing their job.
I imagine those threads would get deleted for trolling, because they look like they're designed solely to pick a fight with some other part of /jp/.

That said, it would be better if threads like that stayed up because most of them open valid lines of discussion. In the hugbox of /jp/ it seems like you can't have an opinion on something unless it's positive.
>>
>>553492
>I imagine those threads would get deleted for trolling, because they look like they're designed solely to pick a fight with some other part of /jp/.

Well yeah theres a difference between
>lol 2hu sux
and
>lol boorus suck
>And here are my specific complaints so that we may find a better alternative.

The first one is about as dumb as going onto /v/ with the sole purpose of just posting "videogames suck".
What is the point?
>>
>>553498
You're making the booru thread out to be greater than it is. You can post legitimate, specific reasons as to why Touhou sucks too and alternative doujin games to fawn over.
>>
>>553501
>and alternative doujin games to fawn over.
And this would turn it from a random garbage thread into something actually good.

Even better if you just leave the random "touhou sucks" part out unless you're specifically baiting for replies.
>>
>>553505
>Even better if you just leave the random "touhou sucks" part out
Then you agree "why is Booru so fucking shit?" should have been deleted?
>>
>>553498
>What is the point?
It's a pretty shit OP, but fortunately, threads are more than just an OP. For example, someone might post reasons why Touhou sucks and alternative doujin games. And because somebody posted reasons why Touhou sucks, some other people might counter with reasons why Touhou doesn't suck. That's "baiting for replies," but baiting for replies is just one way of inviting discussion. Except much ruder.

If you delete the thread, it's not going to be replaced by an ideal thread about alternative doujin games. It'll just disappear, to be replaced by 2hu butts and anuses or AKB thread #8348347834. The real estate of /jp/ is not in such high demand that the presence of one mediocre thread on page four is going to do much of anything.
>>
>>553514
Absolutely not, are you even paying attention here?

>>553526
That's what i'm trying to tell this other retard who wants everything deleted, yes.

But really, what would be the point of going to /v/ and posting "videogames suck"?
It's about the same as just posting "touhou sucks" or "kancolle sucks" or "visual novels suck" without even some kind of secondary topic to roll towards.
It's just plain shitposting.
>>
>>551691
Swish swish swish swish
>>
>>553533
>Absolutely not, are you even paying attention here?
Are you? Look at the OP. All it is is "Booru sucks. All these sites suck." There is nothing at all of value in that OP. The op is even from an anime or a manga or something and not even a /jp/ thing.

If I made a thread that said "Touhou sucks. Touhou STG suck. Touhou fighters suck. Touhou fangames suck." with some random anime image, It would be exactly the same level.
>>
>>553566
Nice dubs
Swish swish swish swish
>>
>>553566
>Are you? Look at the OP. All it is is "Booru sucks. All these sites suck." There is nothing at all of value in that OP.
He gave some reasons why these sites sucked and invited people to state the contrary.

>It would be exactly the same level.
If you honestly thought that you would get a discussion about the pros and cons of the Touhou games from that OP, then I would see no reason to delete that thread. Of course, it wouldn't; it would probably end only in trolling and shitposting. But if it DID, for some reason, result in a comparative analysis of Touhou to other doujin games, the janitor would be well within his rights to leave it up.
>>
>>553577
Having garbage OPs around only tells the board that there are no standards for making threads whatsoever. Sometimes a shit thread is just a shit thread. Stop pretending that behind every one is some sort of masterpiece waiting to be revealed.
>>
Oh, and could the mods stop pruning monstergirls threads early? Ever since the move, it's been agreed that a new thread only gone up when the old one is pushed off the board. But in the past few months some threads have been getting deleted when they're at the bottom of page ten and posts talking about it are deleted. I'm out sure why this is happening, as just allowing the thread to archive will allow people to catch up to what they missed easier.
>>
>>553734
Monster girl threads should just be banned from /jp/ 2bh.
>>
>>553734
Have you tried migrating to a new thread when its fucking maxed out sitting on page 10 for a day?
>>
>>553737
There's not much need to. Considering how fast they reach bump limit and how slow the rest of /jp/ can be they'll be a dead thread hanging around for a long time if we do something like that. As long as we've careful with the image limit then by the time we reach it we're near the bottom anyway, and threads nearing the bottom of the catalog tend to be really mellow.
>>
>>553744
Threads always get really shitposty after everybody runs out of images. The people who think they're the iron guard of thread rules need to fuck off with this "NO THREAD UNTIL THIS ONE IS GONE" shit.

There's always at least 4 AKB threads up and nobody fucking likes them.
If its at 300 images just drop it and make a new one.
>>
>>553751
You actually want six monster girl threads up at all time?
>>
>>553761
Fuck off, retard. Nobody said that.
>>
>>553776
It looks like you wanted them to follow AKB's example and the monster girl threads are faster.
>>
>>553778
I'd prefer 6 monster girl threads up compared to 6 AKB threads up, but the monster girl threads are capable of discussion. All the idolfags do is spam images until one person calls the other ugly and then they argue and spam more images to spite the other person.

MGs at least hit image limit around page 9 or 10.
>>
>>553786
>but the monster girl threads are capable of discussion
lol
>>
>>553853
I never said it was good discussion.
>>
>>553473
Fuck you
>>
>make /2hu/
>nuke /jp/ and all the generals and cancer with it
Thank me later
>>
>>554065
We just need to get rid of the 3D threads.
>>
>>551691
Why don't mods finally fucking move the buyfag and daily Japanese generals over to /jp/, where they fucking belong?

>>551694
Good one. I hope you're being facetious.
>>
>>553015
>secondary
You mean tertiary shitters.
If you aren't consuming the content via the same manner and language as the actual marketed audience in Japan, you are a secondary be default, and most of /jp/ has been retarded EOPs from /a/ for a fair while now.
>>
>>553449
>do you really think the largest usermade tagging database for pixiv/whatever artists is not /jp/ related?
That's more related to /i/ and /ic/ than /jp/.

Two main reasons: 1. /jp/ isn't for image dumps or for drawfaggotry. 2. meta shit and spoonfeeding about image hosting websites is not /jp/ specific. It's just retards bitching and trying to think they are better than others for downloading pictures which are mostly uploaded by third party sources. Basically like /a/ bitching about torrents.

It would actually be relevant on /jp/ if the thread was about someone uploading rips of doujin manga, artwork or music/games from comike, reitaisai, etc. specifically to share and discuss with other anons.

>>553472
That cancerous shit belongs on /a/, not /jp/.
>>
>>554124
>1. /jp/ isn't for image dumps or for drawfaggotry.
Then why did /jp/ get special snowflake treatment and is basically the only board with a 300 image limit instead of 150?
>>
>>554112
No one on /jp/ should not have been from /a/, or possibly /v/, originally. People who came to 4chan after /jp/ was made and then went to other boards but those two and then to /jp/ or just came and only stayed in /jp/ can't even possibly understand the point of /jp/'s existence.
>>
>>554134
because it's slow
>>
>>551691
WHY DOES GOOD MODERATION HAPPEN TO BAD PEOPLE?
>>
>>557250
It's a cruel world
>>
/jp/s moderation is among the best on the whole site, although part of it is that it needs much less in the first place.
After the great purging there's peace on /jp/, although the cost is an area of dispute to this day.
>>
if only zun!bar was here........
>>
Simple answer. The mods are pro-idol, pro-monstergirl, and anti-/jp/.
There's another answer too. This rule:
>Complaining about 4chan (its policies, moderation, etc) on the imageboards may result in post deletion and a ban.
It kills all chances for change.
>>
Also, monster girls belong on /e/ and /d/ easily, while JAV easily belongs on /s/.
Some things can go on more than one board, but really should prefer a board made just for them.
And a red board would be a perfect fit for monster girls.
>>
Ban KanColle from both /jp/ and /a/, please.
>>
>>559171
Why? Just because you don't like boat girls? Or just because you don't like the game and its fans? Keep in mind I have a filter on for those threads and do not play it.

>>559170
>monster girls belong on /e/ and /d/ easily
Same question, really. Monster girls or monster girl fans and generals? Keep in mind I have a filter on for those threads too.

Most Touhou threads nowadays belong on /e/ or /d/, as they're just using Touhou as an excuse to post random fetishes. I mean seriously, how is "legs" a /jp/ topic? It's as bad as making a "Monster girls of Touhou" thread. The monster girl general threads themselves are problematic vastly because of their posters and the way they act and write, but I wish for them to disperse into lesser threads (That is, make threads about a particular creature, not invade threads that have nothing to do with monster girls) rather than delete the topic from /jp/ altogether. I feel like it's just generals that encourage the general thread way of acting and if they don't have their safe space, they'll tone it down and stop acting like total goobers. If they could push /e/ and /d/ topics of monster girls, Touhou, and whatever else into the proper boards, that would be great.

Would discussing a particular doujin game based on the monster girl idea, without the influence of those undesirables, be a non-/jp/ topic? Even if the only recourse is to remove the general and its posters, I don't think the topic of monster girls itself should be banned from /jp/.

Rather than seeking to ban topics, we should be seeking to re-import topics. The more people are forced to go to places like /vg/ for /jp things that fit on both boards, the more they're going to act like it and bring those actions back to /jp/. While I hate the "my friends are here" idea, I think /vg/ influence is worse as it's pretty much that idea to the extreme.
>>
>>559253
continued and digressing.

Imagine if the only way you could talk about Visual Novels or Touhou was with /vg/. Things like iM@S and any sort of eroge that isn't a VN are that way right now. I think an effort should be made to get proper discussion of them on /jp/ again, not as generals, but enough so people who actually play them will discuss them, instead of /jp/'s current population of people who just post pictures.

I think anime style mmo threads should be allowed too, on two bases
1. you can play a mmorpg with thousands of other people, but here you only have the choice to play with /vg/. I think as long as it's somewhat relevant to the topic, you should be able to participate with people who are primarily interested in it. e.g. if there was an Attack on Titan MMO, it should be able to be discussed on /a/, a Macross MMO should be able to be discussed on /m/, /jp/ should be able to discuss anything as long as it's an otaku oriented anime style MMO, or actually Japanese in origin regardless of look.

2. They aren't inherently not-/jp/ just because of being online or their origin. Mobile games are net games, Kancolle is a net game, DMM/Nutaku games are net games. However, if some of those were Chinese, no one would really care as long as they looked and played the same. If a Touhou art is American, Russian, etc., no one cares as long as it isn't shitty art. Even then, you could get away with posting it ironically. Being that the origin doesn't matter as long as it has the theme, I think any game that's clearly aimed at otaku should be fine.
>But people will talk about DoTA and stuff
It's already okay to talk about DoTA with a Touhou mod.

This doesn't mean MMO threads shouldn't be deleted or heavily moderated if people start talking about other games. It also doesn't mean any particular MMO should be allowed a general, but you should be able to discuss it. In fact, "MMO thread" instead of "X_game thread" should probably just be deleted.
>>
>>559253
>That is, make threads about a particular creature, not invade threads that have nothing to do with monster girls
This might work for Touhou, but it probably wouldn't work for monstergirls. Since Touhou is so popular, all but the most ignored girls can sustain a thread for a while. Monstergirls don't really have this level of popularity, so splitting it up wouldn't be a good idea. Even the most popular monstergirls, like kikimora or hellhounds probably wouldn't be able to have their own threads as they have nowhere near the exposure or content of any of the touhus. So you would probably have to have the threads be very broad, i.e a Lamia thread, a Succubus thread, a wolfgirl thread. This would also have effect of being unfair to the people that like the lesser liked girls or want to discus monstergirls as a whole. In a condensed thread there's the possibility gaining more exposure for the monstergirl you like and getting more people to talk about her, which wouldn't happen if the threads were kept separate. Not to mention that not everyone would be happy with having five or so monstergirl threads rather then one. This would just take the problems the threads have and make them worse.
>>
>>559312
>Even the most popular monstergirls, like kikimora or hellhounds
>be very broad, i.e a Lamia thread, a Succubus thread
What's the difference? Aren't they all species?
>Keep in mind I have a filter on for those threads too.

>In a condensed thread there's the possibility gaining more exposure for the monstergirl you like and getting more people to talk about her, which wouldn't happen if the threads were kept separate
So you just want to attention whore? That's an argument against the general. Even touhous like medicine get threads or brought up in unpopular touhou threads. "Muh waifu isn't popular enough" isn't an excuse.

>Not to mention that not everyone would be happy with having five or so monstergirl threads rather then one.
No, see, they wouldn't be generals, so no one would give a shit. I know it's a hard concept for you, making a thread that isn't a general, but try looking a the catalog and hide everything that says "general" on it until you have the threads that are left, then you may come to understand.
>>
>>559266
/jp/ just had a huge meta thread that was allowed to persist to autosage and one of the repeating subjects of discussion was the mystery of what belongs on /jp/ coupled with a "where do we go from here?" sentiment.
/jp/'s essence is quite nebulous, and there's no comment from the staff on what it's supposed to be. Historically it is for "us" to decide, but /jp/ is feeling pretty neutered these days.
>>
>>559331
>they wouldn't be generals, so no one would give a shit
I'd rather the monstergirl threads stay in one general so that I can filter it, so yes I would give a shit if they made more threads.

Of course it would be best if monstergirls weren't in /jp/ at all.
>>
>>559339
Why? Does just seeing a kitty girl irritate you or something? If I mad a thread about that Liru porn game that got released in /jp/, would you cry?
>>
>>559331
I was more talking about the more specific girls. There's plenty of different wolfgirls but a Hellhound is a singular girl. Some people prefer hellhounds to other wolfgirls, just like someone might prefer Yuugi to other oni. There's also the fact that Medicine has more fans then most of the less popular Monstergirls, so even she has more of a chance then a girl that is liked by maybe two or three people.

You're still not getting the point. All breaking up the monstergirl thread would do is drive down content creation and increase the circlejerk by greatly reducing the ammount of topics that can be talked about. If you knew how the threads worked you would understand this.
>>
>>559358
>Some people prefer hellhounds to other wolfgirls, just like someone might prefer Yuugi to other oni.
So?

>a Hellhound is a singular girl
Yayoi is a singular girl. A hellhound sounds like a particular type of dog related monsters. Are you saying there's only one hellhound ever? That you can't make a thread about various dog girl types?(and then let it die once it stops getting posts. Remember, it's not a dog girl "general".)

You're free to make hellhound threads, dog girl threads, yuugi threads, or oni threads. The guys who make giant tit threads don't care about people who don't like giant tits. Why care about people who don't like hellhounds?

>so even she has more of a chance then a girl that is liked by maybe two or three people.
This never stopped Kancolle or Love Live fans. Or even the fans of spinoff iM@S girls.

>All breaking up the monstergirl thread would do is drive down content creation
make a "Design a new species of X__girl archetype" thread.

>If you knew how the threads worked
They sound like humongous safe spaces you need to break out of. Free yourself, man.
>>
>>559266
MMO threads looked like they were being left alone until they start turning into /vg/-tier ERP circlejerks, which is exactly where the tree of savior threads were heading. Every MMO turns into that bullshit on /vg/.
>>
They keep deleting funny gay porn threads.
>>
>>559374
Gachimuchi and INMU? The last one posted was like a month ago and i'm pretty sure it fell off page 10.
>>
The problem with /jp/ starts from its inception.

It was literally created to keep certain topics off of /a/, and since then its core problems have not gone resolved. To this day it's still a dumping ground for stuff that doesn't fall under other boards' rules. That exact reason is one of the worst you could think of to split a board.

How many people do you think main other boards and then go to /jp/ for x, y, and z general? Probably a lot, and that's because of the nature of /jp/ as a frankenstein dumping ground board.

Moot made the mistake of creating /jp/ just because some topics were not relevant based on the rules of the board, when he should have taken in account the community as well. There's no point in making 2 separate boards if the people browsing them are the same. If there is concern over certain topics drowning out others more pages should be added to allow for more concurrent threads.

I'm of the opinion that /jp/ should have its 3d/idol portion made into a new board alongside other celebrity and entertainment topics that linger on other boards, and that Hiro should finally tear down the wall and merge 2d /jp/ with /a/.
>>
>>559367
Hellhound is a specific type of monstergirl, from the MGE. MGE girls are by far the most talked about in the thread. Most of the girls from that fit a certain niche. They're more specialized then a standard monstergirl so dividing them would dry up conversation. Look at 8ch's /Monster/ board to see what I mean. It's slow because everything is isolated and spread out.

Ypure forgetting that KanColle and Love Live are much bigger then Monstergirls. Even the most popular girls, like the before mentioned Hellhounds and Kikimoras have maybe a few dozen pictures each. Now compare that to KanColle or Idolmaster, both of them get thousands of pieces of fanart from many fans. Even most of those die off quickly, so what do you think will happen to the more niche threads? They would either die in a few posts or be kept on the board for weeks.

On content creation, many of the artists that go to the thread like to draw different types of girls. Should they stretch themselves themselves thin across multiple threads just because they're drawing both a Dragongirl and a Succubus? Should they squat in the OC thread? Not to mention many of them take inspiration from the thread, so that's something else that would be gone.

Again, you're making assumptions on how to fix a place that you know little about. Not everything works like touhou threads.
>>
>>559370
This is why the people who left /jp/ for it need to gradually be weaned back to /jp/ and lose the /vg/ influence. As long as people have to visit both boards to get the same content, they're going to get tainted.

Honestly, I wish there were an MMO board seperate from /jp/ and /vg/ for basically every online game. Like this http://nov.2chan.net/28/futaba.htm
>>
>>559393
Just step outside your safe space for a second and try making a thread. The worst that could happen is you get 0 replies.
>>
>>559399
Or it gets flooded with shitposting by other /jp/ posters and deleted. Which has happened every time more the one thread is up.
>>
>>559403
Such is /jp/. Go get em' tigergirl.
>>
>>559367
>dog girl
Huh, now that I think of it, could some of the monster girl stuff be reported as furry content outside of /b/?
>>
>>559570
Only the furry ones and those are always told to fuck off.
>>
>>559580
What ones are monstergirls without being furry? Aren't they just normal dog girls the thread tries to pretend are somehow special?
>>
>>559389
/jp/ was my main board ever since I left /b/ years ago.
It has, or had, a unique culture which I enjoyed in itself, along with enjoying touhou and otaku history.
>>
>>559599
>/jp/ was my main board ever since I left /b/ years ago.
You went from /b/ to /jp/? What are you, a puddi crossover?
>>
File: 1459898129421.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1459898129421.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>>559584
Not sure what you're trying to get across. But all of the dog and wolf girls the thread likes aren't furry, unless you have a weird definition of what that means.
>>
>>559601
No, I decided one day to try different boards, and the ones I stayed on were /jp/, /k/, and /int/ in that order.
>>
>>559614
I rate you 7/10 because you listed /int/
>>
>>559253
>Most Touhou threads nowadays belong on /e/ or /d/, as they're just using Touhou as an excuse to post random fetishes.
Most Touhou threads are character threads rather than dedicated fetish threads. A thread about, say, Aya, takes all comers. Whether you want to examine her role in the relationship between tengu and the human village, compare her newspaper to Hatate's, discuss the internal politics of youkai mountain, or just admire her nice ass (as is usually the case) is at your discretion.

At the end of the day, Aya is a character, whereas monster girls are races, and what's more than that, races who were created in the context of a universe that was built to cater to man's every conceivable fetish and all the species are optimized to quest for dick. Touhou fetishism is one aspect of Touhou that gets undue attention. Monster girls are walking fetish collections.

>Would discussing a particular doujin game based on the monster girl idea, without the influence of those undesirables, be a non-/jp/ topic?
MGQ was discussed heavily, back in the day, before /vg/ ran away with all the H-games. In this day and age, though? You already have a hard enough time to get people to discuss even flagship Touhou doujin games without the thread dying on you ten posts in.
>>
If you eliminate normal dog girls and furry dog girls, what's left that are uniquely monstergirls without having a definition of monstergirls as "all non human females"?
>>
>>559617
>Most Touhou threads are character threads rather than dedicated fetish threads.
No they aren't. Go check the catalog right now.
>>
>>559331
>"Muh waifu isn't popular enough" isn't an excuse.
It really is. People used to make threads for individual Kancolle characters. They never went fucking anywhere (and then some mod autosaged them it was clear that one person was bumping them once a day for thirty days. That, mind you, was jackass behavior, but it's not like those threads were going to be any popular.) Medicine and other unpopular Touhous get a free ride because they are attached to a huge autistic franchise that embeds all of it's characters in a single overarching narrative.

People are spread too thin these days. There was a time when you could make a Saber thread in /jp/ and it would get tons of replies instantly. These days that thread would die swiftly or be left on life support for weeks. These days you have to settle for making a Fate thread and even that is going to be a rather subdued affair. The reason everybody is collected into a big fucking general is because threads outside the big fucking general don't go anywhere. Make a thread for your favorite VN. You'll get like, five comments on it, and then the thread will die because everybody played it ages ago or never will (unless it's Higurashi or Umineko, but those are, well, rather exceptional).
>>
>>559623
>People are spread too thin these days.
The monstergirl threads have a population higher than all the rest of /jp/.

>There was a time when you could make a Saber thread in /jp/ and it would get tons of replies instantly
Yea, it was horrible. /jp/ was a slow board before that and should remain one.

>threads outside the big fucking general don't go anywhere.
They don't have to, that's the problem. It's fine if a thread just get a few replies. It doesn't have to be some great 30 thread long debate of the ages.
>>
>>559619
I just did. The overwhelming majority of threads are about characters or non-fetish aspects of Touhou, at a ratio of something like sven to one.

>>559627
>/jp/ was a slow board before that and should remain one.
The only time "before" the era where you could get tons of replies to a Fate thread was before /jp/ existed.

>It's fine if a thread just get a few replies.
If people are not interested in the topic, you're not going to get an interesting discussion. You're just making threads for the sake of having a thread.
>>
>>559618
Lamias, Cowgirls, and mermaids.
>>
>>559634
>I just did. The overwhelming majority of threads are about characters or non-fetish aspects of Touhou, at a ratio of something like sven to one.
Yeah, no. There are like 4 threads actually honestly about characters.
>>
>>559642
Well, if you have some sort of definition of a "character thread" that disqualifies 90% of threads that are about characters, then there wouldn't be very many, yeah.
>>
>>559636

The post in >>559618 was in response to >>559570 >>559580 >>559584 intending to ask what sort of dog girls are both not furry and not just plain ol' dog girls.
>>
File: birb.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
birb.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
>/tg/ threads on /jp/ because elves are "monsters"
>>
>>560013
I challenge you to explain how elves are /tg/ more than /jp/.

If you say "because there are elves are in role playing games", you lose. There are elves in JRPGS, in VNs, in anime, in manga, and the whole orcs raping elves thing is more or less part of otaku culture itself.
>>
>>560257
Because they're not monsters.
>>
>>560264
Why does it matter if they're monsters? The thread doesn't even say they're monsters.

For that matter, if it's anything, it's an /a/ thread, since most pictures are from anime.
>>
>>>/jp/15387275
/v/ based shitposts like this should be deleted on site. Even just that phrase.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.