[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there is no free will >there is no god >there is no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1433669684935.jpg (85 KB, 417x597) Image search: [Google]
1433669684935.jpg
85 KB, 417x597
>there is no free will
>there is no god
>there is no objective morality
>life has no meaning

Give me one reason not to be depressed. How does /qa/ overcome existential crisis?
>>
I masturbate.
>>
File: image.png (96 KB, 382x491) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96 KB, 382x491
>those claims
>>
shitpost
>>
>>551432
You didn't give any reason to be depressed though?
>>
Smoke weed every day
>>
>>551460
Not OP but how about the fact that human beings are evolutionarily programmed to feel bad unless they are moving toward or sustaining some meaningful goal, yet in modern times have developed enough intelligence to realize there is no absolute meaning, only relative. So the condition can never be met.

It can be helped by just not thinking about it. It's sad on one hand, and on the other kind of a silver lining. All you have to do is find some hobby that's able to trick your instincts into feeling like it's meaningful even when you know it's not.
For most people this ends up being sex and trying to obtain power.
But other things are possible too.
>>
>>551475
>babby's first existential crisis
>>
>>551457
>what is burden of proof
>>
>>551475
are we programmed that way? do you have some proof for that? I don't feel that way
>>
get dubs
>>
File: 5DimDy6p.jpg (12 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
5DimDy6p.jpg
12 KB, 248x248
>>551536
or die trying
>>
>>551538
>>>/r/dubs
>>
>>551432
Give me one reason to BE depressed. Nihilism cuts both ways, you moron. You're not a real nihilist if nihilism makes you sad. You're just some kind of disappointed idealist.
>>
fuck off faggot
>>
>>551432

>2003 + 13
>any of those
>getting depressed over them

Gotta give your life meaning anon. The church and the nice old pastor who impaled your asshole as a kid can't do that for you.

Wanna collect cars? Who's gonna stop you?

Want to join the army and bomb Iraq? Why not.

Want 72 virgins in heaven? Why not 72 virgins on earth?

Want to be a Donald Trump copycat and get /pol/ to make you god-emperor? What sort of heretic would oppose?
>>
>>551432
Because who cares?
Just indulge in a hobby and enjoy that shit.
>>
>>551781
just because you know that nothing matters doesn't mean you can't be sad about it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.