[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were tasked with creating a website where people could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 0.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
If you were tasked with creating a website where people could have discussion on various topics

but one which places "fun" above all else, above logic, above truth, above personal feelings, etc..
I know "fun" is subjective, so let's say for the purposes of this discussion that it's defined relative to the lurkers, i.e. an average impartial observer (not relative to anyone taking part in the discussion)

How would you create such a site? What features would it have?
>>
I didn't read your post
ban anime and make so I can post horses
>>
>>550858
make it so you can upvote peoples posts
>>
>>550860
I don't think that sort of thing is used for fun though. That would just make people upvote who they think is the most logical and right, or whoever agrees with their personal views.
>>
>>550871
Yeah, it's not like chains of puns get hundreds of upvotes on reddit or anything.
>>
>>550880
Looks like you need to go back to your home board reddit, which you know so much about
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 736x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 736x489
>>550885
Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>550880
This just isn't a good idea.
It would be far better to not have to hide all the bad stuff and pretend it doesn't exist, but instead to have strong features that encourage people to make posts that they think will be fun for others to read.
That's how you really get the community to shine. With voting everything would just be stale.

A perfect solution is probably impossible, but it doesn't have to be perfect, much like how anonymity by default doesn't completely prevent people from using an identity but it's quite effective for the most part. (and yes I know that's not the purpose of it on 4chan but that's beside the point)
>>
I'd just clone Twitch and add image+webm functionality for chat 2bh famsky
>>
>>550895
But puns are fun, you stupid git. If you want a site to conform to your narrow idea of fun then you won't have much luck unless you confine it to your five closest friends.
Site design and UX shape behaviour only so much. To have good content you need a community of intelligent users, and building that isn't easy.
>>
It would only allow 270,000 people per day.
>>
>>550900
I didn't say anything about puns.
>>
Forced anonymity
>>
Clone 4chan, but with IDs on all boards, no mobile access, no Australians, no frogposters and no memespam.

This would be the best site on the internet.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 634x543) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 634x543
>>550936
>no Australians
>fun
pick one
>>
Make it so you can gift people a speicle rewward for posting and it make so the rest of the people who come across it sees you've been rewarded
>>
>>550936
>no memespam.
Dead on arrival, might as well include "And no OC either" to make it as bland as possible.
>>
>>550858
It looks like you're trying to describe /b/.
>>
are you reposting an an entire thread?
>>
not only is fun subjective, it's often contradictory.

some people enjoy shitposting and shitting on others' parades. others just want to discuss their hobby.

how do you remediate an issue like this?
>>
no text. purely images.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.