[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Remove Generals Thread #1 - Here We Go Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Welcome to the official /qa/ general removal thread, where 4chan's most intelligent members congregate to discuss how we can make 4chan a better place: By removing generals.

>Why are generals hated?
Generals clog up boards and restrict discussion on an otherwise free website. I'm sure you have seen these threads pop up everywhere, so to prevent the topic of banning all generals from flooding /qa/ and removing other threads, we have condensed it down into a single thread.

>How can I help?
Anybody can help, so long as you have above average intelligence. After all, only the smartest users can truly stop this general cancer.

Previous thread: N/A
>>
>>550788
>where 4chan's most intelligent members congregate to discuss how we can make 4chan a better place
Funny stuff.
>>
1/10
too obvious
>>
>>550788
Fuck off.
>Generals clog up boards and restrict discussion on an otherwise free website.
No, multiple threads about the same thing do. If there's a general about something you dislike, you simply filter it and you'll never have to worry about them again, while enjoying your 149 other threads per board.
>>
File: 1379475802803.jpg (23 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
1379475802803.jpg
23 KB, 330x327
>>550788
>>550797
>>
File: 1411865598453.jpg (12 KB, 251x283) Image search: [Google]
1411865598453.jpg
12 KB, 251x283
>>550797
>No, multiple threads about the same thing do
This is a image board, not a forum. Multiple threads about the same thing clog up nothing.

OP is a fag.
>>
>>550788
>general to remove generals

anti-general fags are the dumbest nigs alive
>>
Fucking this is retarded, you're basically triggered with people titling their threads?

Whats a fucking topic? Everything is a fucking general in a way
>>
>>550808
Yeah because everyone always does things sincerely on 4chan right? OP coulsn't possibly be trolling.
Lurk more before you speak.
>>
>>550804
Retared weeaboo
>>
>>550815
Fuck off horsefucker.
>>
>>550788
Would you say that this is an anti-general general then?
>>
>>550826
Yes, you would say that because this is _obviously_ a troll thread.

There's no need to keep using it.
>>
>>550804
>Multiple threads about the same thing clog up nothing.
They do when they keep bumping off discussion about other things. It's much better for any board to have a single contained thread for a subject in general than multiple threads about it.
>>
>>550830
If something is on page 9 - 10, the discussion in the thread is probably already dead. Such is their fate. If something has multiple threads up, that means there is shit being discussed. Every single one of those threads will be different and will be taking about different things. They will be generating actual unique, fun and interesting discussion. What will those 150 generals be discussing? Fucking nothing. They'll be sitting there talking about nothing or talking about the same thing they've been talking about for the past 6 months. Generals and containing things is something negative, not positive and it generates nothing of interest or quality. It exists only to cater to autists, such as yourself.
>>
>>550842
And according to my calculations, your blog post has zero impact on the mods' stance on generals.
>>
>>550842
If there are way too many threads about anything, threads will reach page 9 in a matter of minutes. Does the fact that they aren't getting ten posts per minute mean that nobody wants to talk about them anymore?
>What will those 150 generals be discussing?
Their topic. Because that's what generals are about, prolonged discussion of a topic.
>>
>>550829
I am fairly certain that this is not a troll thread, don't try to educate me, buddy.
>>
>>550788
I kek'd
>>
>>550922
>in a matter of minutes.
Not every board is fucking /v/ and /b/, tard.

>generals
>discussing anything
>>
or you can stop being a sissy faggot and ignore or hide shit you dont like. there are other people on the internet so get used to it fucking retard
>>
>>551356
Why didn't you ignore this thread then?
>>
>>551356
>ignore and hide general
>go and make a normal thread to talk about its topic
>FUCK BACK OFF TO YOUR GENERAL
>no one posts in it
>or alternatively generalfags raid it and use it as their general
Yes, what a constructive solution. Truly, generalfags are the smartest things in existence.

Ignoring something that is a problem isn't an answer. Sounds like something a child would spout, as expected of generalfags.
>>
File: 1434933301392.jpg (137 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
1434933301392.jpg
137 KB, 1000x665
Generals are redditors' attempt to create subreddits on 4chan. They are pointless circlejerks serving no purpose other than undermining the anonymity and openness of 4chan. Don't make a fucking thread if there is nothing to discuss, stupid generalfags. Your topic isn't that special that it has to have a thread up 24/7.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.