[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can mods do something, anything about spoilers? In /a/ specifically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1439838582488.jpg (164 KB, 840x649) Image search: [Google]
1439838582488.jpg
164 KB, 840x649
Can mods do something, anything about spoilers?
In /a/ specifically, there's a rule against purposely dropping unadapted spoilers in discussion threads, but they never enforce it
Can we either eliminate the rule or actually enforce it? As it stands, people, especially in LN adapted threads, like to be dicks and drop walls of untagged spoilers on anons to be egdy or be dicks.
And those will just sit there for hours and usually never get deleted or anything.
Not talking about threads discussing LNs, just adaptations where anons veer off to discuss source.
1 or 2 untagged ones I can see, but god damn if you're dropping walls of text, you're a pretty big dick without any common decency
>>
Close your eyes.
>>
Mods can't unspoil you. At best someone is going to be banned for what, a day? Three days?

It's still spoiled.

If there's something you're really looking forward to, just avoid 4chan entirely.
>>
That's what you get for watching shitty LN adaptations
>>
>>550602
that's cool, but how am I supposed to discuss material when I close my eyes?
>>550603
I know they can't but using that excuse seems pretty weak.
In that case, just remove the rule if you're not going to enforce it and I'll go on full paranoid mode in every thread instead of expecting any kind of decency from anons.
>>
>plotfags
>>
>>550597
I suggest you avoid ongoing works if you're such a babby. Or grow a pair and join in the spoilerposting.
>>
>>550613
This is what I don't get. We are talking about /a/ Which is all about anime and manga. The threads are about the anime. The assumption is everyone is exactly where the anime is in terms of the story.
Why then should I have to read a Japanese only LN to discuss a show?
I have seen as far as the show is. I have read as far as te manga goes. I shouldn't have to learn a whole new language just to avoid having some kid come in and tell me how the next part ends, ruining the plot. Why can't they just use spoilers to talk about it and everyone will be happy? Why is it so hard to delete or ban the people who drop spoilers to start a flame war or troll?

If both of those really are that hard, then why do we even have an unenforceable rule about it? Is the rule just a way for mods and janitors to delete or ban someone they really don't like?

It's not that hard on any side you look at it. People shouldn't be mad at minor spoilers, but people shouldn't purposely dump them in the middle of a discussion.
>>
>>550607
>enforce it

>The use of spoiler tags is highly recommended. To spoilerize text, enclose it like so: [spoiler]spoiled text[/spoiler]. In addition, images may be spoilerized by checking the "[Spoiler Image?]" box on the submission form.

>recommended

They're just informing you that the spoiler function is there for a reason, but it's up to you if you want to use it or not.
>>
>>550619
You skipped the next rule where it says purposeful spoiling may result in a ban.
That's what I'm talking now about.

I reminded an anon in a thread to use spoilers for common courtesy, and he responded by dumping walls of text summarizing the rest of the LN to thank me for it.
I would say that falls under purposeful, and that it should be enforced, but his posts and the reports will probably be ignored for some reason.

If there is no enforcement, then the mods should just scratch off that rule.
>>
>>550597
>coming from the overlord bitch thread after you got told to fuck off to making your own thread
No, fuck off and go back to MAL. Rulefagging is cancer. If you don't like spoilers, don't use the thread, that is how it always has been.

>, just adaptations where anons veer off to discuss source.
OP isn't a topic setter, there is no 'veer off' here.
>>
>>550642
>Rulefagging is cancer
What the fuck do you think those rules exist for?

Is this the new age entitled children generation at work?
>>
>>550642
?
What are you taking about?
Please leave if you're going to try to start a flame war instead of discuss this issue.
>>
>>550649
hownew.ru
4chan rules have always been closer to guidelines. The only thing that has ever really been forced is the culture and standards of the board.

>>550653
I'm telling you to fuck off for being an idiot and trying to make an issue out of a non-issue.
>>
>>550659
Ok anon I'm going to have to ask you to leave my thread. You're being overly hostile, not backing up any of your points, and clearly trying to start a flame war and I want none of it.
>>
File: 1463918957450.jpg (29 KB, 304x339) Image search: [Google]
1463918957450.jpg
29 KB, 304x339
>>550662
>my thread
>>
>>550668
Yea anon I made this thread, it is my thread discussing a topic I think is important. Please leave if you have nothing to contribute or discuss in my thread, or go make your own where you can call people fags and post smug anime all you want.
>>
>>550672
>>550662
Is this nigga serious?
>>
>>550597
>>550622
The best you could do is report but the anon who spoiled it probably won't get banned or even a warning. People on 4chan in general are assholes 90% of the time, so if you politely ask for them to not spoiler anything for you: they're going to fucking do it. Expect trolls to be trolls.
>>
>>550617
So manga spoilers are fine if the manga is well ahead of the anime then? Thanks
>>
>>550801
It's a manga board as well, so it is ok. Obviously it's shitty to just drop pages in an anime discussion, but with something like BNHA, the manga discussion has a right to happen as well, even if dumb people on /a/ think they should both be in the same thread.
>>
>>550809
>i have no idea how 4chan functions or works at all the post and user
How fucking new are you? I don't know where to being with picking on you.
>>
>>550813
I'd say don't bother picking on me. Your bait is weak and your posts are low effort.
Just go back to /v/ or /pol/ and make as many "X, prove me wrong" threads as you want instead of trying to accuse people of being everything under the sun to try to get a reaction.
>>
>>550820
No one is trying to get a reaction. You are just incredibly stupid and showing that you are incredibly new and lack a serve amount of knowledge on how the site actually functions. For some bizarre reason you are treating the site like as if its a traditional forum and that is functions even slightly similar. I think a good place to start is you are a fucking retard for thinking OP is a topic setter.
>>
>>550597
I learned ages ago to not visit threads for topics I don't want to get spoiled on. Is it against the rules? Yes. Can it be stopped, given how ubiquitous it is? No.

I do sympathize with what you're saying, OP, but it is what it is. The staff would have to devote a significant amount of time policing the threads -- time they don't have for even more egregious shitposting (see the long griping threads here on /qa/). The best you can do is try to catch up on the material on your own before going to the threads.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.