[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There should be one day a week when general threads are banned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
There should be one day a week when general threads are banned and people remember what it was like back in the days where it was every man for himself.
>>
File: generals.jpg (639 KB, 2048x1351) Image search: [Google]
generals.jpg
639 KB, 2048x1351
There's no need for generals to be banned. Just moderated so they remain on topic. The only bad thing about generals is they become offtopic shitposter circlejerks and chatrooms.
>>
>>549736
Moderating a thread is 25x the effort of deleting it, 4chan doesn't have the logistics to make it happen.
>>
What defines a general thread?
>>
>>549822
You can't make a thread that looks to a staff member like it might be a general thread.

If you want the thread to stay alive you have to maintain some level of plausible deniability.
>>
File: 0.gif (2 MB, 420x230) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
2 MB, 420x230
>>549733
Fuck it, 4chan should just have a PURGE day

1 day a year, no rules. No captcha, no mods, anything goes. If you can't handle the bloodshed then stay indoors and hope they don't come for you.
>>
Generals should just bump to a maximum of the 3rd page or something. Problem solved.
>>
>>549888
I'd vouch for this just for the sheer carnage and lulz
>>
>>549823
I don't know what that means. If someone wants to make a discussion thread about a long running or fotm show/game/whatever how do they do that? Must the thread be about one specific character? One particular moment? Some inane aspect of it?
>>
>>549888
No. We should have the opposite. Thunderdome, like SomethingAwful used to have. If users don't like you, they can vote to have you banned. If janitors don't like your shit for even a second, ban.
>>
>>549965
My vote is for Anonymous
>>
>>549965
Either way would be fun.

Of course 4chan is mentally challenged when it comes to having fun these days, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>549965
U wouldn't vote 4 me 2 be banned desu...
>>
File: 1464784741141.png (260 KB, 1256x1472) Image search: [Google]
1464784741141.png
260 KB, 1256x1472
>>549736
>Just moderated so they remain on topic.
But I thought that going off-topic every so often was one of the things that makes 4chan interesting.
>>
>>549888
I like this idea.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.