[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag mod on /a/ tries to move LN discussion to /jp/. There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1464878907299.png (7 KB, 419x96) Image search: [Google]
1464878907299.png
7 KB, 419x96
Newfag mod on /a/ tries to move LN discussion to /jp/. There's literally no reason in splitting Overlord discussion to two different boards by leaving manga/anime on /a/ and LN on /jp/.
>>
If you don't like it then make your own imageboard.
>>
File: quality modding.jpg (427 KB, 1824x894) Image search: [Google]
quality modding.jpg
427 KB, 1824x894
Wow
>>
they sure do let their power get to their head.

they should try and learn their place though.
>>
Hirrroooooooooooooooo!
>>
>>549586
>says the teenager claiming about the moderation of a privately-owned website
>>
Delete /a/
Create /jpa/
>>
>mods enforce rules on /a/
>some people from /a/ complain
Another day on 4chan.
>>
File: 1464874873072.jpg (913 KB, 800x981) Image search: [Google]
1464874873072.jpg
913 KB, 800x981
>>549588
I'm actually a little girl thank you very much.
>>
>delete /w/
>create /w/ - Weeaboo shit
>rename /jp/ - Japanese Music
problem solved
>>
>>549590
>Overlord manga discussion is allowed on /a/
>Overlord anime discussion is allowed on /a/
>Overlord LN discussion isn't allowed on /a/

How is this okay? It's literally the same, the only difference is the form.
>>
>>549584
Go and **** yourself
>>
>>549602
Actually, I might be okay with this change. LNfags would finally shut the fuck about the "secondaries" bullshit.
>>
>>549606
just enforce the rule about starting flamewars instead of splitting communities.
>>
>>549606
Alternatively you could just read the fucking book.
>>
>>549610
I'm sorry, was it /a/ or /lit/?
>>
>>549612
No, this is Reddit. Compartmentalize all the things!
>>
>>549613
You're not helping your point
>>
>>549614
If what he meant by this is explained in the book, why the hell wouldn't you read the book? Too busy with homework?
>>
>>549583
Someone post the screen cap of the mod saying LN belongs on /a/ and would never get removed
>>
File: 1458264192263.jpg (71 KB, 1174x304) Image search: [Google]
1458264192263.jpg
71 KB, 1174x304
>>549616
never mind I found it
>>
>>549602
/a/ - Anime & Manga

A lot of anime and manga are adaptations of light novels, visual novels, regular novels, video games, based on real life historical events etc. so it would be insane if they didn't allow discussing the source material in threads about the anime/manga adaptation. It would stifle and retard discussion if you only allowed discussing the adaptation and banned everything else. No one wants that, except maybe people who get butthurt over being spoiled on 4chan.

But there's a difference between allowing discussion of source material in threads about the anime/manga adaptation and making daily/weekly threads about the source material and discussing source material only, never even bringing up the anime/manga adaptation at all.
>>
>>549619
>at the current time
sorry about your luck
>>
>>549622
Did they stop basing shows off LNs now??
>>
>>549623
No but mods obviously updated their stance on the matter.
>>
Nipplemod all over again?
>>
I haven't been to /tv/ for game of thrones threads in years, but did they get moved to /lit/ between airing seasons?

What constitutes LN discussion? If a new series of Index (for example) came out there wouldn't be that much discussion relating to the new episodes aside from the quality of the adaptation because the actual content came out years prior.

If an LN has one or more associated manga, is discussion of the LN allowed in threads relating to the manga?
>>
File: 15175052540.jpg (39 KB, 440x492) Image search: [Google]
15175052540.jpg
39 KB, 440x492
>you can discuss a 3DPD live-action adaptation on the anime and manga board but not the script.

some mods concern themselves with the most retarded shit
>>
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/142312215

>perfectly decent thread about the Pokemon anime
>83 posts, 37 posters
>this one specific shitter that usually shows up in them to shitpost about some crazy vendetta he has against /vp/ shows up and posts his usual crap
>thread gets deleted instead of the 10 or so shitposts he made
Is this some new janitor at work?
>>
>>549626
sure looks like it. We better get Hiro to get his ass on /a/ right now
>>
This is seriously bullshit. This faggot ass newfag mod is just making up rules as he goes along. This has to stop and soon.
>>
>>549583
Please Hiro, we need you. Stop this autistic mod from deleting Overlord threads just because he doesn't like skeletons.
>>
Rule 1 for /jp/ needs to be modified. I know it says Light Novels need to stay on /jp/, but considering most anime are based of LN's, this needs to be changed

>>549727
https://twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni

Tweet at him. That faggot mod is also moving High school DXD threads to
>>
>>549683
Probably the same mod. Pokemon has always been allowed on /a/.
>>
Meanwhile streaming trash and blogging normalfags all over the place.
>>
File: 1421748555912.png (130 KB, 534x400) Image search: [Google]
1421748555912.png
130 KB, 534x400
>>549731
Yes, this and the increase of ironic shitposting, which is, according to our lord and founder just shitposting, are problems we have to solve as soon as possible.
>>
Why are mods global anyway? They don't know jack shit about other boards.

Will it cause bias in judgement? No, it will promote accurate decisions on any thing happening on the board because it's a mod's homeboard.

Assign at least two and have them check on each other's actions to avoid shit like this.
>>
>>549583
Has that mod ever been to /jp/? There hasn't been a LN thread there in 5 years. What a retard.
>>
>no LN discussion on /a/ after years of precedent which allowed it
>at any given time a bakers dozen LN adaptions of anime/manga, with moonrune spoilers fueling discussion
>now suddenly banned en-masse thanks to new mod wanting to stroke e-peen

BOY OH BOY NO WAY THIS WILL NOT END BADLY
>>
File: 1450282787492.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1450282787492.png
248 KB, 500x495
I'm not too opposed to it
I'm getting kind of sick of going to /a/ to discuss an anime and having spoilers from the LNfags ruin it for me
particularly with shit like BnHA and Re:Zero this season
anime, manga, and LN discussion gets forced into the same thread and 9 times out of 10 the people who read the LN don't even bother to spoiler important plot points
along with every time they're asked to spoiler it they always blame the other person
>"read the primary, secondaryfag"
>"get gud"
when they could just use the spoiler tags for their actual purpose instead of memes and erp

sure /jp/ is just as autistic that they've convinced themselves that they are the 2hu board, but if people insist on splitting the communities by "primary" vs "secondary" and start flamewars and spoil to start shit, then good riddance, move them off
>>
>>549800
BnHA is a manga. You would still get spoiled if LN threads were on /jp/. I agree that people should use spoiler tags more, though. I usually just avoid threads for adaptations since I know it's just going to be discussion of the source material.
>>
>>549800
That's never going to change regardless if it's moved or not.
>>
>>549804
the problem with that is you can't discuss adapted material at all then
and what's even the point about going on /a/ at that point

BnHA was more about both being forced into the same thread
you have the manga that's 100 chapters ahead of the show and has all of these spoilers while the only anime discussion allowed is in there, with all of it because /a/ insists on 1 thread per series or they flip their shit
>>
>>549800
/jp/ is deleting all the LN threads started, out of all the board /jp/ is the most anal about sudden change and outsider interference.

So the mod is not ensuring nospoilers for babbys, he is just throwing discussion under the bus with no alternative.

Not to mention it is retarded to split discussion of a franchise between it's anime/manga and the LN it's adapted from.
>>
>>549811
>nospoilers for babbys
how about you try that again?
or I mean, you could follow the rules that say to stick spoilers the anime hasn't reached yet in spoilers
that's kind of the point of having those tags, not so you can make jokes or do gayboy erp with each other
>>
>>549583
He did the same to DxD, Horizon, etc.
He's basically forcing everything LN related to /jp/.

And now look at this:
>>>/jp/15332711
>>>/jp/15332810

They sure are delighted about it.

>>549800
No matter what and where you go, you won't stop anyone from spoiling it.
Temporal bans or complete bans for spoiling should simply be enforced more strongly and people will stop automatically.

Nobody on /jp/ discusses anime to begin with (or LNs), and if you force something like Overlord/DxD to /jp/ after the anime stopped airing and people want to discuss future material, you are officially and effectively killing all discussion on mentioned series.
>>
>>549811
I don't know who's idea it was to start the only Overlord thread in /jp/ with something that can't be found in the catalog, but there is one up: >>>/jp/1533271

That said, this used to be impossible because the rules for /jp/ explicitly banned LNs with animated adpatations from 2012 until very recently.
>>
>>549808
Yeah, and that sucks. But this isn't the solution. Maybe some kind of /aa/ - Airing Anime might help solve that, but a new board would be pretty extreme.
>>
The current system works fine, Mod is fucking up a long working system and not providing a alternative.
>>
>>549817
Even more boards are a bad idea.
The current system was working just fine, LNs with a manga/anime adaption are allowed on /a/ and that's it.
I feel sorry for the people who actually want to discuss the huge amount of translated WN/LN material without any form of adaption, but there's currently no way for it.
They get deleted on /a/ and are dead on /jp/.

This whole LN business, since it's been getting more and more focus (just see the amount of damn adaptions per season and the translations going on) should get a whole new overhaul, rewriting the rules; but certainly no new board.
>>
>>549824
then what about the people who want to discuss the actual adaptation without "x dies next episode" or other bullshit like that in every single thread?
you're not the only group that wants to enjoy or discuss the material anon, and as it stands LNfags don't obey any of the rules about spoilers and frankly either don't give a fuck or do it on purpose to start an argument and shitpost

if you fags are going to create divisions already, I see no reason why you shouldn't be pushed to your own board or own section
you can be there and be free of the "secondaries" you all hate so much
>>
>>549826
As I see it, that's also the fault of the mods. Or did you ever see anyone getting banned for posting spoilers outside a spoiler tag even though it's written in the rules?
I certainly did not, and I've been frequenting this site for a very long time.

That's why I said that it needs a whole new overhaul and in my other post that mods need to be more extreme when it comes to spoilers.
Or do you think an anime/manga only board, without any mention whatsoever of source content, would stop anyone from spoiling it That's not happening, some kid would simply change board to spoil you guys because he thinks it's funny.
>>
Could it be because overlord is a shitty unnecessary general and someone wanted to give a warning shot?
>>
>>549826
You'll be spoiled regardless. Moving LNs elsewhere is just going to make it end like /qst/. Quests have their own board now, but all the big ones stayed on /tg/ like literally everyone expected, changing fuck all and only making the people who dislike them even more mad.
>>
>>549826
"If you don't want to be spoiled, don't go to the threads."

Is what I'd like to say, but I agree. If we enforced proper usage of spoiler tags since the beginning of time, it wouldn't come to this.

But since this is 4chan, no one gives a shit to the other guy. Enforcing proper usage of spoiler tags would be really difficult to achieve.

>>549838
No, stop baiting. This isn't an isolated case. Read the thread.
>>
>>549838
That'd be cherry picking in that case, as there are several 24/7 generals on /a/ that are not explicitly /a/ related.

The rules for /jp/ state
>This is the appropriate board for the discussion of Japanese visual novels and light novels. Western visual novels should be posted to /vg/, and translated visual novels are fine on either board.
Notice the emphasis on translated visual novels, but not light novels.

Translated light novels with anime adaptations do not explicitly belong on /jp/, and it is intellectually dishonest to imply they do.
>>
>>549841
>Translated light novels with anime adaptations do not explicitly belong on /jp/.
You literally quoted a rule explicitly saying that /jp/ is the appropriate board for the discussion of Japanese light novels.
>>
>>549838
Generals typically happen for every franchise whenever a new "thing" come out, whether it be a new chapter, episode or release.

All that discussion has to go somewhere and rather then multiple threads with different topics it is cleaner to have all discussion in the one thread.

Generals turn to shit when they exist without a purpose, one month or more without new material stifles conversation and creativity and should be feeling the heat by mods. However Overlord just had a new book released after months of waiting so naturally much discussion was to be had.

Mods losing control, double standards up the ass and not providing a decent alternative made them responsible for the sudden chaos on the board. Just let it peter out naturally, there wasn't a problem before.
>>
>>549843
And you literally ignored the latter half of the post. Why would they very clearly state where translated VN's can be discussed, but not translated LN's?
>>
>>549843
Good fucking luck selling this to /jp/ then.
Anything that isn't Touhou is considered off-topic, not even an exaggeration.
>>
>>549844
there's nothing wrong with letting multiple threads exist for an anime or manga when new material comes out, there will be 4-5 threads and then the next day something else comes along
and it avoids the shit of when a general stays for way too long and turns to shit
>>
>>549845
Because translated VNs are explicitly permitted on /vg/, even though they are not "video games."

There is no reading of the rule that suggests that translated LNs are not permitted on /jp/, not any more than translated Vocaloid material and translated Touhou doujinshi is not permitted on /jp/.
>>
Welcome to the /jp/ dumping ground and enjoy your stay.

>>549767
There's one right now ackshully
>>>/jp/15124089
It's a fairly niche thing for /jp/, though.
>>
>>549850
There is also no reading of any rules that translated LN's with anime adaptations can't be discussed on /a/.

You still haven't told me why they haven't clarified that translated LN's are specifically only allowed on /jp/, and have only restated the rule.
>>
>>549849
>there's nothing wrong with letting multiple threads exist for an anime or manga when new material comes out

Holy shit, you have no idea what you are asking for. The board acting as a massive spastic whenever something new comes out with ten threads to the one show because you don't see a need to contain the autism.
>>
>>549853
>There is also no reading of any rules that translated LN's with anime adaptations can't be discussed on /a/.
There's no reading of any rules that say that Iron Man and RWBY can't be discussed on /a/, but they still can't.

>You still haven't told me why they haven't clarified that translated LN's are specifically only allowed on /jp/, and have only restated the rule.
If the board says it is the board for X then it is probably the board for X whether that X is translated or untranslated. It doesn't say that translated manga is allowed on /a/, but it obviously is.
>>
>>549850
If we changed some things, it'd be great, right?

>Because translated LNs are explicitly permitted on /a/, even though they are not "anime & manga."

There is only difference in medium, the content are shared, both are not interactive like video games, not real life, tells a story, and may or may not have pretty art like anime and manga.
>>
>>549849
You try making a thread on /a/ for anything that already has a thread up. It'll die before reaching 10 replies.
>>
>>549855
>There's no reading of any rules that say that Iron Man and RWBY can't be discussed on /a/, but they still can't.
False equivalences, and therefore non-arguments.

>It doesn't say that translated manga is allowed on /a/, but it obviously is.
>1. All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
It doesn't have the word "Japanese" in front of it, meaning that the language the manga is in is irrelevant, as it is implying ALL anime and manga is permitted.

/jp/'s rule explicitly hold the term "Japanese" before LN. Do you understand the differences or do we need to do this again?
>>
>new DxD thread on /a/ only discussing the anime
>still gets pruned
anime isn't allowed on /a/
>>
>>549860
>False equivalences, and therefore non-arguments.
There is no equivalency to be made. There is exactly one rule that permits the discussion of light novels in the rules right now. That board is /jp/.

>/jp/'s rule explicitly hold the term "Japanese" before LN. Do you understand the differences or do we need to do this again?
Does manga cease to be Japanese after it has been scanlated? If a rule was made expelling manhwa from /a/ that stated, "Only Japanese manga may be discussed," would you say that they intended for translated manga to be expelled from /a/? No, because that reading would be contrived and retarded.
>>
>>549846
I'm not letting this one slide.

multiple idol generals
mahjong general
kigu general
fumo general
doll general
Translated VN general
Untranslated VN general
monstergirl general (thanks by the way)
elona general
vocaloid general
onahole general
kancolle general
valkyrie crusade general
some DOTA mod I can't remember the name of general
general general
general general general GENERAL GENERAL GENERAL GENERAL GENERAL
>>
>>549864
Manwha is actually forbidden on /a/.
Do you browse /a/ or just theorycrafting?
>>
>>549867
I've seen Tower of God discussed without people getting banned the way they'd be banned for discussion a Western comic.
>>
>>549869
Because mods don't know what exactly is allowed and not allowed in a board they don't visit frequently. Which is the source of the problem we're always having. Mods like Nipplemod and this mod don't know /a/ and just glances at it when reports are piling up. This is also why I find global mods to be ridiculous.
>>
>>549870
How did this disconnect even happen?
Why do we have newfags in moderation position even though they don't know anything about this place?
[spoiler]Why did moot leave ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>549864
>There is exactly one rule that permits the discussion of light novels in the rules right now. That board is /jp/.
It permits the discussion of Japanese light novels, and very specifically states this. Why would translated VN's be allowed but not also state that LN's have the same opportunity?

>Does manga cease to be Japanese after it has been scanlated?
Does an LN stop being related to anime and manga when it's adapted?

>If a
Irrelevant. We are dealing with actual existing rules right now.
>>
>>549870
Whether the rule is "correct" is not is one thing, but as written, you are permitted to discuss translated light novels in /jp/. I don't think anyone would claim that translating material causes it to not be Japanese anymore.
>>
>>549874
>Does an LN stop being related to anime and manga when it's adapted?
Are RWBY and Iron Man related to anime and manga because they've become adapted?

>Why would translated VN's be allowed but not also state that LN's have the same opportunity?
Because stupid fuckwits from /jp/ tried to force all translated VN discussion into /vg/ after claiming that /vg/ was the "VN board" (which it is, if not the only VN board) and the mods needed to shut these people up.
>>
>>549866
You are asking for a flood of DxD, Overlord, Index and every single other big name LN adaption to shift discussion to /jp/ where it traditionally isn't and you see no problem.

Massive rift would immediately erupt between the /jp/ oldfags not used to this level of sliding from discussion usually seen on /a/ and the newfags now forced onto a board they have no relation to otherwise.
Discussion would be non-existent as each thread is different levels of REEEEEEE GET OUT, if you want an example of how it looks have a squiz here
>>>/jp/15332711
>>
>>549877
>RWBY
It is adapting western trite so I'd argue that only the manga would be related to /a/. Any content discussing the original content should be deleted as it is inarguable not /a/ related.
>Iron Man
You've brought this up twice now but I'm admittedly out of the loop, are you referring to the comics and movies?

>Because stupid fuckwits from /jp/ tried to force all translated VN discussion into /vg/ after claiming that /vg/ was the "VN board" (which it is, if not the only VN board) and the mods needed to shut these people up.
So then why is /jp/ the LN board when LN discussion there is an extremely recent thing? And by extremely recent I mean like the last 6 months, where before around that point there wasn't any threads for years. Why the liberal application of authority just now?
>>
>>549602
/a/ literally tells people to go to /v/ all the time if they want to discuss an anime adaptation they don't like.
>>
>>549878
>Massive rift would immediately erupt between the /jp/ oldfags not used to this level of sliding from discussion usually seen on /a/ and the newfags now forced onto a board they have no relation to otherwise.
They were all killed in the great /mgg/ invasion. Now it's nothing but battered wives clinging to past glory and moderation apologists.
>>
>>549880
>It is adapting western trite so I'd argue that only the manga would be related to /a/.
There is no written rule suggests that things get to go into /a/ simply because they are Japanese. I understand that in reality, the LN industry is closely connected to the anime and manga industry in ways that Rooster Teeth is not. That said, I am reading the rules as they are, not as they "should be."

>You've brought this up twice now but I'm admittedly out of the loop, are you referring to the comics and movies?
Wikipedia says that the Marvel anime adapted Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade. I haven't seen it.

>And by extremely recent I mean like the last 6 months, where before around that point there wasn't any threads for years.
They have popped up every now and then, just with minimal activity. As for why they're trying to make something happen now, your guess is probably as good as mine.
>>
File: hiroyuki about explicit content.png (738 KB, 1920x2112) Image search: [Google]
hiroyuki about explicit content.png
738 KB, 1920x2112
>>549875
This is a point another anon raised earlier, he suggested in an overhaul in the rules. When was the rules last updated? We got a new owner and even he has his own stance on things just like in the Nipplemod event. We're not idiots to blindly follow what Moot wrote years ago, if it's causing problems because times are changing, we need to amend it. And people are not even following rule #2 of /a/ so there's that too.

as shown in the picture here >>549619
Mods in the past knew the culture and unwritten rules of /a/ & /jp/ in which they acted upon. So why can't the new mods do it? Because they don't care as it is not their home board.
>>
>>549880
Global Mods looking at the statute rather than the organic common law of the boards for what is acceptable then being surprised when the mod from /sp/ fucks up when applying their vision to /a/.
>>
>>549878
What I meant is that you were painting an image as if we, the users of /jp/, have any input on what happens on it. I was hoping my hatred of generals was apparent in my post but I guess that's just the nature of text.
/jp/ probably has more spin-offs than any other board, certainly per capita, and anyone still posting here has grown passive and lethargic to ye olden /jp/.
>>
Here we go.
DAL was next.

I even went there to warn him about the mod:

>>>/a/142332821
>>
>>549881
That's not quite true, is it.

/v/ is /a/'s boogeyman, in the same way that Reddit/Tumblr/"The SJWs" are for a lot of other boards. If a series generally generates low-quality discussion, the "go back to x" spam is a quick way to get rid of it.
>>
>>549886
>We're not idiots to blindly follow what Moot wrote years ago
This guy is.>>549885
>>
>>549891
>/v/ is /a/'s boogeyman, in the same way that Reddit/Tumblr/"The SJWs" are for a lot of other boards.
4chan hasn't been low key enough to have boogeymen for years.

Those "boogeymen" have a very visible and unironic presence, and ultimately led to moot resigning.
>>
File: yotsuba wonder.png (12 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba wonder.png
12 KB, 380x380
>>549875
Where were you when posting Yotsuba, our site mascot, got banned on /a/ by an ignorant mod?
>>
Also regarding this new mod, I've seen some threads get deleted completely at random just the other day, like a Big Order thread, and I think a Kiznaiver and a Kabaneri thread? As far as I could tell they weren't breaking any rules but they just 404'd without any explanation.
>>
Deleted/Moved threads so far on that I have noticed.

Date A Live, DxD, Horizon, Overlord.
DAL being the most recent one just a few minutes ago.

Does he want us to turn /jp/ into /a/ or what?
>>
>>549902
/jp/ has always just been a more elitist /a/ :^)
>>
File: dog.jpg (32 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
32 KB, 640x960
>>549897
Oh God I had forgot that incident.
How the fuck do they select mods?
>>
>>549896
>Moot resigned for any reason other than being scared shitless by the fappening

I love /v/'s conspiracy story time.
>>
>>549897
I'm fairly sure that didn't happen the way that /a/ claims it happened.
>>
>>549907
I personally like the food analogies.
>>
>>549907
>implying it wasn't /pol/ and the cuckening that did it
One true power
>>
Christ this mod is still going at it? Where the fuck is Hiro?
>>
>>549909
It happened that way, just like /a/ got a massive prude for a mod who took the term blueboard to mean ban anything not in a headscarf.
>>
>>549912
7:30am in Japan, maybe he's having a nice lie in.
>>
>>549902
I got banned for making a Log Horizon thread. I swear if this faggot mod is still at it when I'm back from uni
>>
>>549909
It clearly happened, as it was a public ban with red text for all to see, a thread with a clean Yotsuba picture as OP pic.
>>
>>549920
A thread that was made for the purpose of subtly implying that the mod was a faggot who didn't know the rules, though.
>>
>>549920
>>549922
Sorry, I missed this. Have you got the thread number?
>>
>>549919
I got a 15 minutes warning from him as well today, and as I can see it in this thread, are are probably several more.

>>549905
I don't even want to imagine the shitstorm it would cause if suddenly all discussions of shows based on a light novel were shoved to /jp/. But this is apparently what the current mod wants.
>>
File: 1442914332744.png (557 KB, 1315x1231) Image search: [Google]
1442914332744.png
557 KB, 1315x1231
>>549897
Do you mean this?
>>
>>549926
Yes, that's exactly it.
No matter how you look at it, even if it was meant as a joke, it's plain blasphemy.
>>
>>549927
He banned that thread because you were using Yotsuba as a shield to defend threads that are mostly about wanting to fuck lolis will passively-aggressively trolling the mods.

Now, MAYBE he deleted the thread because he was a huge fucking newfag, but that's not that what I'm seeing.
>>
>This is your date thread on the front page
>LN threads are deleted
"anime was a mistake" - Hayao Miyazaki
>>
>>549928
while*
>>
>>549877
>Are RWBY and Iron Man related to anime and manga because they've become adapted?
RWBY is /trash/ related.
>>
>>549932
you can't spell trash without a
>>
>>549929
>generalshit moved out of /a/
I fail to see the problem. Dealing with the cancer at last.
>>
>>549928
See
>>549914 and >>549922
Banning literally anything that looks like a child on /a/. We called that day the lolicaust.

Auto-public ban only happens with Yotsuba when you are sexualizing her. They could've just silently taken down that particular thread with Yotsuba if they didn't like it.

Yotsuba getting banned isn't the real problem there, it was the mod being ignorant and having a power trip. That's also our current situation now.
>>
>>549934
>>generalshit moved out of /a/
Quick check tells me generals are still on /a/, friendo.
>>
>>549933
/ごみ/
>>
>>549936
Just a matter of time my friend. Baby steps.
>>
>>549939
I seem to be remembering these words being said for years.
>>
>>549935
>Banning literally anything that looks like a child on /a/.
Maybe. But that was not a "clean" Yotsuba thread and you know it. It was a weaponized Yotsuba thread, designed to shit on the mods.
>>
>>549941
http://archived.moe/a/thread/59058217/

Read the last post.
>>
File: ca_060.jpg (222 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ca_060.jpg
222 KB, 640x480
>>549941
sometimes a retard's just a retard.
>>
>>549941
What are you smoking? It's as clean as a cupcake, the only one with the dirty mind is the one who says so. Like (You).

And like I said, it served its purpose, it showed the mod was having a power trip and idiots trying to defend it.
>>
>>549940
Hey I'll take what I can get. Even if we don't get them all, the removal of a few is steps forward in my book.
>>
>>549952
If was a few steps towards actually removing generals, maybe. What this boils down to is a very liberal interpretation of the rules. Why is live action allowed to be discussed on /a/ if the source material isn't, for example?

Unfortunately, generals will never be banned from /a/. Most of the staff probably haven't even been on 4chan before 2013.
>>
what's even the point of /qa/ anymore? does an hiro even post on this board after the introductory period?
>>
>>549981
actually yes!

this board is the reason why /his/ and /qst/ are a thing, and why nipplemod never got his way.
>>
>>549981
He posted a few days ago.
https://desustorage.org/qa/search/capcode/admin/
>>
>>549981
/qa/ was created for moot's final Q and A. No one bothered removing it. As most people forgot about it, it turned into a really laid back meta board.
Then the dreaded announcement was made for hiro's Q and A and the board was flooded with shit.
These days it's /q/2.0 with significantly less admin and mod posting.
hiro is mostly AWOL and mods are in IRC.
>>
Where do you cross the line with LNs? Is any LN talk banned, even in a thread that has a current anime adaptaion airing? What about after it finishes airing?

This just opens a can of worms that didn't need to be dealt with. There's no point in splitting the discussion of a franchise whose mediums are so intertwined. You're just splitting the community and pissing off the people who browse both boards.

The rules need to be either clarified or rewritten, because under current precedent LNs that have no adaptation belong in /jp/ and those that do are in a limbo state of technically belonging on /jp/ but being welcome and most active on /a/. Add to that the fact that mods have been iffy on their interpretation of the rules and have previously explicitly allowed LN with adaptation threads on /a/.

If it were me I'd just allow all LN threads on /a/. They're much closer to the spirit of /a/'s discussion and if they were as popular at the time of the rules being written as they are now they would have been included in them. Content wise, being a fictional medium, they're much closer to manga and anime than they are to /jp/'s core interests. Add to that the fact that they're commonly adapted into manga and anime, and the fact that many original anime end up having an accompanying LN series written during or after their airing.
>>
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/15332711
I wonder how many deleted posts there is going to be.
>>
>>550005
/jp/ janitors do it for free
>>
Make a "Japanese Translated and Not-translated Novels, Light Novels and VNs regardless of anime/manga adaptations" board.
/jtntnlnvn/
>>
>>550015
Just make a generals board and shove all of them there.
>>
File: 1438745436500.jpg (52 KB, 552x472) Image search: [Google]
1438745436500.jpg
52 KB, 552x472
>>550015
>make another dead board!
If people migrated then these threads wouldn't be around.
>>
>>549767
Confirmed to have "visited /jp/ once 5 years ago and never went back". Fuck off.

>>549841
>>549845
>Why would they very clearly state where translated VN's can be discussed, but not translated LN's?
>It doesn't specifically say this very specific one thing goes here so it doesn't belong here.
Fuck straight off, /a/'s rules don't say shit about Light Novels at all, so they clearly don't belong there.

Its a light novel, guess where it goes. There is no distinction between the two.

>>549846
Also confirmed for never going to /jp/.

>>549880
>So then why is /jp/ the LN board when LN discussion there is an extremely recent thing?
Also confirmed for never going to /jp/.

>>550005
Probably keep going as long as people don't talk about the LN and instead just shitpost.

Is that really so strange to /a/? To see shitposting deleted?
>>
>>550022
>being this confrontational
Also confirmed for podracing
>>
>>550022
>as long as people don't talk about the LNs.
They never will. LNs don't belong on /jp/. Confirmed for never going on /jp/.
>>
>>550022
>LN's go on /jp/
LMAO
>>
File: 1339715025261.jpg (106 KB, 672x1000) Image search: [Google]
1339715025261.jpg
106 KB, 672x1000
>>550025
Taking it easy is suspended in times of war. Everyone should know this.
>>
>>550026
>>>/jp/15124089
>39 days old
>zero WAAAAAH MODS posts
Gee fucking golly, anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (77 KB, 941x919) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
77 KB, 941x919
>>550029
Which is why LN's belong on /jp/ and have quality /jp/ posts to match.

No shitposts in here, boys.
>>
>>550031
>39 days old
That only proves no one anywhere wants to talk LNs on /jp/.
>>
>>550032
Hahaha oh boy you wanna pull the "quality posting" meme here?

>>>/a/142337895
>>>/a/142338269
>>>/a/142337665
>>>/a/142335468
>>>/a/142333889
>>
>>550031
>>550032
In all seriousness, what's the point of such a thread? There's next to zero discussion and there a bit over 100 posts after bloody 39 days which clearly shows just how much /jp/ is interested in LNs.
Make a thread like that on a board with interest in them and they will reach this in a matter of hours.
>>
>>550037
>>>/jp/15026236
>60 days old
>>>/jp/14940514
>73 days old
Nobody wants to talk about touhou or idolmaster either, according to your logic.
>>
File: Untitled.png (60 KB, 1197x910) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60 KB, 1197x910
>>550032
Huh, that's weird. The Highschool DxD "Light Novel" thread has been on /jp/ for almost half a day and people have yet to discuss the LN.

What could possibly be going on?
>>
>>550042
Nobody wants to go to /jp/ period. Even their oldfags all left alredy.
>>
>>550042
You're comparing half a catalog of touhou and idolshit to 1 LN thread.

That's a lot of talking spread evenly, if you ask me.
>>
/jp/ has and will always be /a/'s dumping ground for shit we don't want anymore. Deal with it fags.
>>
>>550047
Because mods treated /jp/ like a dumping ground for shit that's in gray areas, surprise surprise.
>>
>>550050
>Literally nothing wrong with a board
>Refuse to use board because of made up stigma
I bet you were terrified of cooties as a child too.
>>
>>550050
>we
Speak for yourself, queer.
>>
>>550055
>>Literally nothing wrong with a board
you can't post nipples on /jp/.
>>
They should just tear down the wall
>>
>>550050
>we
Fuck off.
>>
File: nipple.jpg (903 KB, 1430x2000) Image search: [Google]
nipple.jpg
903 KB, 1430x2000
>>550058
Yell loudly on /qa/ until hiro sees it I guess, thats how every change has worked in the past few months.
>>
>>550059
Yes they should. The /jp/ split was unneeded in the first place, and it has even less of a need now. Or maybe a simpler 2D board vs 3D board.
>>
>>550068
>Or maybe a simpler 2D board vs 3D board.

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Most of /jp/ is now dedicated to discussing idol groups and jav anyway, and that discussion is the only thing that doesn't belong in /a/.

Everything else is /jp/ is tangentially /a/ related and should be moved there.
>>
>>549583
LN is as /a/ as manga is. We're not going to stop posting it.
>>
>>549583
Overlord threads fucking deserve it in the first place. Being cancer generals and all. Don't try fucking pretending that shit isn't cancer, look at it
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/142312534/
Are you 12 year olds or something? The fact you people tried to imply the thread is a 'community' is the instant you all deserved the hammer. The mod is most likely using the vague rule to give you the beating you deserve.
>>
>>550074
I don't think many people who like Overlord are smart enough to know /qa/ exists.

They had it coming for being off-topic shit. On an unrelated note, did Monster Monsume finally be told to get bent?
>>
This is like when the mods decided the two or three /co/ based video game threads weren't allowed on /co/, but the dozens of /tv/ threads are allowed to stay up all the time. Why get rid of the a couple of LN threads that have an anime/manga adaptation, but leave all the buyfag, drawfag, cute, tv, etc threads up? These new mods just seem to make everything personal and can't moderation fairly across the board.
>>
>>550074
>>550077
I get disagreeing with the overall argument by why do you have to try so hard to pin down a fanbase of a series you don't like? It's not that deep.
>>
>>550071
>>550068
Keep your disgusting /jp/ generals out of /a/ thanks.
>>
>>550074
Overlord threads have been shit for a long time. I stopped visiting them a long time ago despite really liking the series. But now that a new volume is actually being translated, a lot of non cancerous people want to talk about it again. Its an odd coincidence that this new rule didn't start getting enforced until the new translations started. I'm thinking a Yen Press employee somehow became a mod.
>>
>>550084
>>
>>550074
If it were only Overlord, and if the punishment was really only just because the thread was there for no reason, sure.
Read this thread and you'll see that said mod deleted everything LN based that did not explicitly discuss its manga/anime content but shifted toward the LN content.
And the recent Overlord threads were discussion and sharing the translation of the newest volume, so it did not deserve the deletion in the first place.
>>
>>550081
>of a series you don't like?
Good thing this isn't the case! I was reading the bloody thing since early on. Yes, I want the fanbase to fucking burn. I want you bunch of retarded 12 year old anime generalfags who ruined actually good threads with your cancer. This is also 4chan, the threads aren't a community and the fanbase is irrelevant.

>>550084
>Overlord threads have been shit for a long time.
No, they still are. Look the things. I've gone into them everytime out of curiosity and they were still bad. I didn't even bother with the initial translations of v10 threads because they didn't even hide who was fucking making them. Yes, I'm mad, I'm mad that I can't talk about something I like without having to deal with all the fucking stupid cancerous bullshit.
>>
>>550084
That doesn't explain why the Konosuba thread is still up. It's discussing the LN translations released today and was also licensed by Yen Press. This is definitely a mod with a specific grudge against Overlord itself.
>>
>>550093
More like against anything he doesn't like. Highschool DxD threads for example are being pruned/moved and they were hardly discussing the LN enough to warrant it. I believe DAL also got shit on.
>>
>>550093
And because of his specific grudge against Overlord itself he went ahead and deleted the Horizon and Date A Live thread, moved the DxD thread to /jp/, and left the KonoSuba thread be?
Yeah, just his personal likes/dislikes I'd assume.
>>
>>550093
>>550097
I bet he likes Aqua too, that shitter.
>>
File: arules.jpg (77 KB, 467x388) Image search: [Google]
arules.jpg
77 KB, 467x388
These are the actual rules for /a/ posted on the home page. LNs aren't mentioned anywhere, but notice #4. Live action threads are allowed as long as they're based on something /a/ related. Wouldn't that cover LN threads then? General LNs and ones that don't have an adaptation shouldn't be allowed, but ones that do should be fine under this rule, right?
>>
>>550099
But /jp/ rules explicitly allow LN threads, which is why everything is getting moved there.

It's all up to how you interpret the rules.
>>
>>550074
Then why have good threads like the Kawakami threads been deleted too? Mod probably doesn't even browse /a/ in first place.
>>
>>550099
>wouldn't that cover LN threads
Since when are LNs live action? It specifically says Live Action, not "anything which has had an anime or manga adaptation". You're digging your own grave.
>>
>>550092
I don't even read the series m8, I just find it interesting how hard you're trying to generalize a group of people just because you're mad about some shitposters.
>>
>>550108
>some
It would be a non-issue if that were the case.
>>
>>550103
except /jp/ is being even more autistic than /a/ and removing anything discuss the series if it isn't just, HMM BOY THAT LN I SURE LIKE DISCUSS THAT LN
>>
>>550103
>which is why everything is getting moved there.
Mods don't require precedents to shove things there.
>>
>>550107
The argument is that between live action shows and LNs, LNs are closer to being /a/ related content.

Since live action shows are allowed if they are rooted in anime, LNs should be allowed if they are rooted in anime also.
>>
>>550099
There's no way to even avoid that.
Let's say they adapt a manga into an anime, now, if you like it or not, the anime is simply the advertisement for the manga and the discussion will sooner or later shift toward the actual source material, which is in this case the manga.
And now simply replace manga by LN in the above sentence.

Forcing a discussion of something with a manga/anime advertisement to /jp/ just because you're not explicitly talking about the manga/anime (and there's no way you can enforce it, the discussion will shift naturally) is plain stupid and kills it for good.
>>
>>550107
Don't be pedantic. There is no LN related rule for /a/ so you have to find the one it fits under best. Rule 4 say deals with a type of thread that would normally belong on a different board, but its allowed if it contains /a/ related material. If there's an exception there, then that same exception should apply for Light novels, as well as things like buyfag threads that clearly belong on /toy/ not /a/ unless you apply rule 4 to them too.
>>
>>550108
>about some shitposters.
There isn't "some", the entire thread is a bunch of shitposters. It's a fucking general.
>>
>>550119
Then don't visit.
>>
>>550120
>Just ignore it dude!
First they came
>>
>>550119
That was the case before. There was definitely a strong case for it to be labeled an unneeded general before the vol 10 translations were dropped. But mods started deleting the threads when it was normal discussion about currently translated content instead of when it was a shitposting general, the opposite of what they should have done.
>>
>>550122
That's not an actual counter-argument.
>>
>>550124
Telling people to ignore shit they don't like isn't an argument to begin with.

Shitting up the board is shitting up the board, regardless if you are present for it or not.
>>
The mods should at least move threads instead of deleting them. Don't act like this is some long standing rule that everyone is breaking. This is a new direction and you shouldn't be punishing people or removing things without properly telling people first and giving everyone time to get used to it.
>>
>>550124
>Then don't visit
Nice argument.
>>
>>550128
They are being moved, look at the DxD thread.

They just deleted overlord because there was like 10 of them up.
>>
>>550120
No, I want to talk about overlord, I don't want to deal with literal cancer. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.
>>
>>550126
>>550129
The site has filter options for a reason. There's your argument.

Now go ahead and pull the mental gymnastics on me in explaining why you can't use them. Why you're so special and must have the board groomed to your specific liking. Go on.
>>
>>550130
>They are being moved, look at the DxD thread.
It got moved after 300 posts to what is tantamount to autosaging it.

There were several attempts to discuss the anime solely on /a/ and they were pruned.
>>
>>550133
I didn't say they were doing a GOOD job, but they are moving them. Sometimes.
>>
>>550132
>Why you're so special and must have the board groomed to your specific liking.
Dank argument dude

Shitting up the board is shitting up the board, regardless if you are present for it or not.
>>
>>550130
Only that one was moved, everything else was deleted.
>>
>>550132
The filters were for hiding specific things you didn't like. Such as a fucking series or video game. It wasn't added to hide actual problems and make hugboxes like you are suggesting.

Why are you so special that you must force your cancer on a board that has never wanted it?
>>
File: 1464365144360.png (309 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464365144360.png
309 KB, 500x500
>>550136
>he can't even address the point
>>
>>550132
The irony.
>>
>>550141
>he posts non arguments and expects arguments in response
This is some mental gymnastics I can get behind
>>
>>550130
The DxD one is the only one that's been moved. The overlord one was made after several had already been deleted on /a/. There's no sign of the index, kawakami, etc threads. This is not good moderation. This is a mod acting like a selfish brat. Communicate with your community before changing the way things have been for years.
>>
>>550128
They moved once, but people simply shitposted it to death and went back to /a/ because no one is ever touching /jp/. See>>549839
>>
>>550136
"Shitting up a board" is just your opinion. This isn't about your opinion. This is a complaint about a recent change in moderation that doesn't make sense. You aren't even arguing for or against this, you're just sitting in the corner shouting "Pay attention to me instead" and adding absolutely nothing.
>>
>>550146
This.

Moving accomplishes nothing because they all just make a new thread back on /a/ and get away with it, and leave a big steaming pile of shit on /jp/.

They probably wouldn't shitpost their own threads as hard if they weren't able to just go back and keep making more.
>>
>>550149
someone is an elitist about /jp/ I see
>>
>>550146
then I want people to actually fucking do shit about spoilers
I'm sick of either not being able to discuss anime on /a/ or have to give up any kind of suspense or plot driven anime because autists don't give 2 shits about spilling the beans to "muh secondary babbies"
>>
>>550152
And why shouldn't he be? Things have been fine for years. The /a/ people want to stay on /a/ and the /jp/ people want to keep things the way they've always been there. There's absolutely no reason for this new moderation. No one likes it except for the mod doing it, and the one edgelord here who's on summer vacation.
>>
>>550154
People have always spoiled shit, fucktard. The golden rule has always to not go into threads if you don't want spoilers. Grow up. People want to discuss certain things, so they will.
>>
>>550155
I'd have no problem with Overlord on /jp/ if they were actually being allowed to exist on /jp/.

Instead there are no new posts allowed apparently

It's being hit from both /a/ and /jp/ until the fandom is just banned
>>
>>550156
>don't go into threads
>don't go into any thread ever
then why even have /a/ at all?
>people have always spoiled shit
>people have always been dicks and broken the rules, sorry we can't enforce the rules anymore

where do you even come up with this shit?
I am absolutely sick of it, I've had 2 series this season ruined for me because when I go into the anime discussion thread there's always 10 or so faggots that think they're hot shit for dropping the LN into google translate and telling everyone the next big spoiler
fuck that shit, actually do something if you're going to have a rule about it, don't just throw your hands up in the fucking air
>>
>>550152
Listen here, faggot. Read very carefully.

>they all just make a new thread back on /a/ and get away with it
>They probably wouldn't shitpost their own threads as hard if they weren't able to just go back and keep making more.
Boy this really sounds like I want them to leave and stay gone, doesn't it?

No, you dense prick. I'm saying they wouldn't shitpost in the threads they have on /jp/ if there was actually any enforcement of this shit beyond a single thread.

If a bunch of /a/ wants to talk about LNs on /jp/? Great! Let them!

But they aren't. They won't. They don't want to either. Moving one thread just makes one shitty thread where they complain, then they go back to /a/.
It doesn't fix anything.
>>
>>550158
Yeah, /jp/ mods aren't cooperating with all the new LN threads over there. There must be a clear guidance.
>>
>>550161
Rulefagging is cancer, fucktard. The rules have always been meaningless and only board standards have ever really been enforced.

How fucking new are you? You sound incredibly new. Fuck off. People discuss what they want and if they want to discuss content further than the adaptation. deal with it. If you don't want spoilers, don't use /a/, simple as that. This has always been the case and always will be. Go back to fucking mal if it upsets you.
>>
Nobody wants this mods. Even the arguments for it, aren't really for it. Its just people arguing for other things like no spoilers or no generals. No one is saying this particular decision is a good one.
>>
>>550163
they aren't. though.

Go to /a/, they have 0 threads.

mods are going overboard and just banning everything, trying to force over to /jp/, while the /jp/ mod is just deleting EVERYTHING

Nice welcome party
>>
>>550164
Same thing happened with the /vg/ mods when the /co/ mod kicked those threads off. It took a couple of days before /vg/ decided to be cool and let them stay there. People were banned for no reason over it though. I wonder if this is the same mod, and he just took over /a/ for this month or something like that.
>>
>>550169
/jp/ is probably just a janitor trying to enforce /jp/ culture as she should. He's probably waiting for another mod to come around that will tell this /a/ one to knock this shit off.
>>
>>550172
>/co/ moderating /a/
Wouldn't be surprised. Isn't there some /u/ shitter mod who comes to /a/ to cherrypick shit he doesn't like?
>>
>>550163
The people interested in LNs in the first place won't even look for a thread on /jp/ but on /a/ because of the amount of adaption and because it simply makes more sense.
Especially if people started reading it because of an adaption. There's no way they will even come up with the possibility of going there since, well, they watched the damn anime or read the manga after all.

>Anime & Manga
>Otaku Culture

Oh, I wonder where I will go if I want to discuss the LN I just read which is basically an anime or manga in written form?
>>
>>550174
>enforce /jp/ culture
He's just deleting meta posts. If he was enforcing /jp/ culture the threads would be deleted.
>>
>>550169
>>550164
>/jp/ mods aren't cooperating
>while the /jp/ mod is just deleting EVERYTHING

Yeah quality fucking posts being deleted left and right. Golden on-topic posts about the LN such as
>"Boy, janny's on a roll today. Ganbare janny!" -Anonymous, 2016
>"Seriously fuck that newfag mod on /a/. We need Hiro badly to sort this mess out" -Anonymous, 2016
>"well I only see touhou on the board and everyone else fucked off" -Anonymous, 2016
>"No one is ever going to come to /jp/ to discuss Light Novels. That mod can suck a dick." -Anonymous, 2016
>"So is this thread going to be babysat by mods until we get another unwanted general?" -Anonymous, 2016
>"Fuck you guys. Go back to /a/ or go to /lit/ if you want to discuss LNs instead of spreading your shit on this board." -Anonymous, 2016
>"no 1 knows...... mod being stupid" -Anonymous, 2016
>"then the mod will delete this thread again... coz stupid" -Anonymous, 2016
>"will this get deleted too???" -Anonymous, 2016

What a fucking disaster! Call the fucking police.
>>
>>550174
based on precedent >>550172 I bet the /jp/ mod is the one who's going to get told to knock it off, unfortunately. Good for them for sticking up for 4chan in the mean time though.
>>
>>550168
I think it's good, I'd rather have the LNfags gone
if the people here are any indication, they're incredibly elitist for odd fucking reasons and can't think even for a second about anyone else or using control+s if they're going to talk about something
send them off to /jp/ or their own board I don't care, but I'd just like to be able to enjoy /a/ or actually be a part of threads without having to worry whether or not the next post I read is going to completely ruin that one series I kind of like this season

fact is LNfags hate anime and manga along with the people who watch them, and they want to be a part of their own special club, so why not let them?
send them off to their own board or to /jp/ or wherever else
>>
>>550182
>send them off
They won't migrate, we've been over this lad.
>>
>>550182
>/a/ needs to be my hugbox
uh
>>
>>550182
>/a/ calling someone else elitist
Heh.
>>
>>550182
Again, you're problem is just about spoilers. That's on you. Go make a new thread asking for that to be enforced more if its really that important to you. That doesn't mean we should change the way things have been for years just because you can't control yourself. .
>>
>>550182
LNfags are no diffferent to mangafags, animefags and vnfags, anon. The only difference is that LNfags ar low enough to eat MTLs.

>actually be a part of threads without having to worry whether or not the next post I read is going to completely ruin that one series I kind of like this season
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>550187
He's not /a/. He's from MAL and he's upset that people don't hold public dialogue at his comprehension.
>>
>>550189
>>550187
>>550186
>>550184
>>550190
I see this is the new shitposting thread on /qa/
>>
>>550182
Boy, I sure love generalizing. I also hate how every animeonlyfag is a whiny little bitch like you.
>>
>>550182
How To New The Easiest Way Tutorial
>>
>>550182
>LNfags are one solid block of people that don't want anything to do with anime and manga

Holy strawman
>>
>>550192
>someone disagrees with me so hes a shitposter
Are you a generalfag as well?
>>
>>550192
>/a/ doesn't migrate
>/a/ is not a hugbox
>this is shitposting
wewest of lads
>>
>>550182
Spoilerkid, just leave already, really. Nobody cares. The rules aren't even that hard about spoilers.
It's RECOMMENDED to use tags and spoiling on purpose MAY result in a ban. The majority isn't even on purpose.
Spoiler tags are actually being used quite well on /a/. Especially in adaption threads were every second post is basically "spoiler please."
>>
>>550182
I don't even care if all LN threads get moved to /jp/, but they're almost always franchise threads that freely talk about anime/manga/LN/drama CDs and whatever else is to talk about. And they've been on /a/ for a long time.

Are we supposed to keep separate threads on /a/ and /jp/ depending on the focus on the thread? Seems a bit ridiculous, to say the least. Just decide on something. Right now this is a grey area.
>>
>all this butthurt
Generalfags BTFO.
>>
>>550199
Why is it so hard to talk about just the LN or just the anime?
>>
>>549583

I didn't know that moderation actually existed on /a/.
>>
>>550203
>general
These are mostly threads that are anime and manga that get some source material discussion and then deleted.

The actual Light Novel general, when a moon comes out, gets deleted within an hour at most.
>>
Let /a/ related stuff stay on /a/ or get rid of all non anime/manga threads. That means no more buyfag, off to /toy/ with you. No more waifu bullshit, off to /c/ with you. No more drawfags, off to /ic/ with you. No more "I'm going to post this every day" fish girl. Delete that shit right off the internet.

Be consistent mods. Don't cherry pick things based on your personal opinion.
>>
>>550204
>>550116
>>
>>550199
It already has been decided. moot said LNs belonged on /a/ when /jp/ was created. I remember people had doubts on whether he even knew what a LN was if VNs were /jp/ and LNs were /a/. Mods confirmed this several times later. This is just one mod on a crusade without any actual rule changes.
>>
>>550205
if you consider trashmen throwing your neighbors trash on your lawn doing their job, then yeah
>>
>>550205
/a/ would be better off without them.
>>
>>550207
>wanting to get rid of every day until you like it
Confirmed newfag.

I agree with everything else though.
>>
>>550204
Because this is 4chan, not a traditional forum. Threads don't have a topic, only a conversation.
>>
>>550209
moot's long gone though. There's really no one to reign in mods anymore.
>>
>>550209
"ok, KS can go in the board i'm creating to address the bazillion problems /v/ has. but generally, VNs and LNs go here, and we are not making a /vn/."- moot, on the creation of /vg/
>>
>>550212
I don't want to get rid of any of it. I just want the mods to stop being hypocrites.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.