[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /pol/ be improved or worsened with the removal of flags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
File: trudeau.jpg (226 KB, 1970x2030) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.jpg
226 KB, 1970x2030
Would /pol/ be improved or worsened with the removal of flags?
>>
This may be odd for many /pol/acks to hear, but there used to be a time where /pol/ did not have nation flags, and it was much better back then.

Removing them would improve the board, obviously, but not by much. There'd still be the same shitty threads you see today.
>>
Net neutral.

>>549555
Nice trips but it was the same back then once you control for the 2016 election cycle. Flags didn't make Trump a presidential candidate. Every other conceivable thing falls to the wayside when you look at the Trump.

I mean, I think you're agreeing with me but this is 4chan so I'm arguing.
>>
>>549555
no
>>
>>549549
/pol/ is perfect as it is.
>>
Keep flags
Remove /pol/
>>
Better reinforcement of global rule 3 will do /pol/ a world of good. Until then flags give a good indicator of posts that can be avoided.
>>
>>549562
This.
Except delete flags too
>>
Bring back selectable joke flags
>>
>>549562
>THEIR OPINIONS ARE WRONG DELETE THEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8LjCS9Qhto
>>
>>549575
Idgaf about opinions. I just love the lulz. And talking about deleting /pol/ gets the best luls. Imagine the butthurt if /pol/ got deleted. /pol/sters would be so TRIGGERED
>>
it'd stay more or less the same. the shitposting would just take on a different form.
>>
>>549579
Imagine if we went back to lynching commies. The triggering would be tremendous.
>>
File: 1459183984168.gif (358 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1459183984168.gif
358 KB, 500x357
>>549618
>going outside for funnies
>not just deleting /pol/ and enjoying the shit show from my computer chair

you sound triggered. this is why we need to delete /pol/
>>
>>549644
Don't worry, if you don't want to walk Jebediah and Phil will be sure to help you to the noose.
>>
>>549573
seconding this. moot went to the effort of making the novelty flags especially for /pol/ and the code has been sitting unused for a year and a half now.
>>
Pajeet, you really don't learn, do you.

Eight months.

That's how long you have been spamming anti-flag threads.
That's how long you have been crying about being called Pajeet.
That's how long you have been crying about being told to poo in a loo.
That's how long you have claimed that /pol/ was better without flags when you shit-covered ass wasn't even around back when /pol/ didn't have those flags.
That's how long you have treated this board like /q/, further supporting the theory that you weren't on 4chan before 2015.
That's how long the mods have been laughing at your shit-covered ass.
That's how long I have been blowing you the fuck out.
That's how long you have deluded yourself into thinking that /pol/ is a board for family-friendly politics discussion
That's how long you have refused to admit that you samefag-bump your threads.
That's how long the mods should ban you from 4chan for being such a faggot.
That's how long it's been since your last solid bowel movement, because your family can only afford boiled water, mushrooms and habanero's to make Mother Manjula's Bargain Curry
That's how long you have been buying proxies and VPNs just to pretend to be other people
That's how long you have left to live, because you've passed your life expectancy and you have hepatitus because you drank river water
That's how long you have left before you go to work in your call center so that you can ring up technology-impaired Americans and teach them to use the Start button.
>>
>>549549
Neither.
>>
>>549579
Many believe /pol/ is a containment board
if /pol/ is deleted, the nazis won't just be gone, it's just destroying the walls keeping them in
They'll go and take over the internet
>>
seriously though, let's delete /pol/. It will solve the underage problem.
>>
>>550415
/pol/ is crawling all over the entire fucking internet now thanks to this shithole. It's time to burn their hive and hope they die off.
>>
Make them optional imho
>>
>>549549
no
what i dont get however is that flag addon that shows what city you live in, it kind of defeats the purpose of an anonymous imageboard, doesn't it?
>>
Remove flags
They add nothing and they encourage low hanging fruit for "bants"
Removing them would make peop have to think harder than "poo in lol" or "build wall"
>>
>>550595
>he thinks that would work

We will go full fucking Sampson option, not a single board on this site would be free from our warpath.
>>
>>550678
Remember you tried that during /pol/harbour and you couldn't even take over fucking /mlp/
>>
>>550692
This, it was a hilarious failure and it showed how pathetic that "samson option" was
Deleting /pol/ wouldn't have that much repercussions at all, maybe /pol/ acks will migrate to cripplechan
>>
File: 1459313125219.png (110 KB, 286x217) Image search: [Google]
1459313125219.png
110 KB, 286x217
>>550692
>>550721

Every night, after a hard day dealing with retards, I come home and check for the latest "delete /pol/" posts on /qa/. I'm never, ever disappointed. You fucks never, ever give up and your impotent pissing and moaning makes my heart smile.
>>
>>550727
Oh, we'll get your board deleted. You want to know why? Because we are the most intelligent minds on 4chan. We know this website. We might not be mods or janitors, but we know this place more than all the mods and janitors combined. We got /wsr/, /aco/ and /his/ made. We've curbed your racist, sexist remarks to some degree and we don't plan on stopping there. We have had word filters implemented, and because of us, this website is now safer for people to post on without being judged, or called a f****t, or told to poo in loo. And who are you, /pol/? You're a bunch of sexist, racist, neo-Nazi anti-Semitic losers who masturbate to Trump and praise a fucking Reddit frog. We are the opposite of you. Some of us are members of MENSA, some of us work in the highest fields of science. What's your IQ? 93? Well guess what, mine is an impressive 152. In fact, your smartest /pol/ user has a smaller IQ than mine. Pretty much everybody on /qa/ who fights for the deletion of your shithole has a higher IQ than your smarter /pol/ user. You think you can beat somebody like us in a battle of the mind? No, you'll go crying back to le Reddit.

So, don't fuck with us. We're merciful enough to give you a chance, buddy. Don't blow it.
>>
>>550730
Preach it, brother
>>
File: 1464427700800.png (19 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1464427700800.png
19 KB, 650x650
>>550730
I like this copy pasta. Is it new?
>>
>>549549
4chana nd the internet would be improved with /pol/ deleted.
>>
>>550749
According to whom?
>>
/sjw/ here
i'm gay adn stupid lol
>>
>>550730
faggot
>>
File: rape face.png (440 KB, 641x620) Image search: [Google]
rape face.png
440 KB, 641x620
>/pol/ had no flags
>actual redpilling, people lurking for actual info aside from typical sources
>actual anti-semitism, jews being behind stuff getting called out, bankers, wars in the middle east being bad for the economy

>/pol/ has flags
>literally /int/ v2.0
>no more happenings, can no longer arguee about anything because it turns into "my country>your country"

you can clearly see this difference by going to 4+4chan /pol/ and compare it to the /pol/ here

its beautiful, /pol/ got so cucked and they don't even notice it, and if someone points it out, they actualy defend it
>>
File: 1464406787507.png (54 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1464406787507.png
54 KB, 248x189
>>550749
Please keep posting "delete /pol/" in threads, anon. Your tears of impotent rage are like sugar on my tongue. ;^)
>>
>>550730
What's your username in the Official /qa/ Army Skype group? We all thought your rant was great and want to make you a mod.
>>
>>550730
How many confirmed kills do you have?
>>
>>550730
Shut up with your pasta faggot.
>>
>>550730
this is pasta right
>>
>>551828
>he calls 8gag "4+4chan"
Interloper detected. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>551828
Moot actually did good by fucking /pol/ up
>>
>>552385
1. it's "moot", never "Moot".
2. none of the shit that poster listed actually happened
3. /pol/ always had flags, before they were novelty flags and not /int/ flags though.
4. that poster is from 8gag and is biased in the first place
>>
>>549555
True but at the very least you have the "hurdur since you are Canada/india/brazil I don't have to properly argue with you and just spam meme."
>>
You know why /pol/ has flags?

Because Indian, Canadian, Brazilian and Swedish opinions mean fuck all in this world.

That's why we have flags, so that we know we're not being duped by some filthy leaf, cuck, pooinloo or unavela.
>>
>>552448
it's funny because the people who browse /pol/ have opinions that mean fuckall in the real world.
>>
>>552448
>implying shitposters arent proxying as those countries
>>
>>552269
not to mention that he's so fucking unoriginal he has to put "cuck" in his sentence
>>
>>551828
This.
>>
Flags were a failure since day 1. /int/ shills don't want you to know this, but joot introduced flags and IDs as a PUNISHMENT for /pol/ at the exact same moment he removed the CAPTCHA and made a site-wide message telling other boards to spam /pol/. He did this out of pure shameless butthurt after /pol/ exposed him as a cuck being used by some Gawker slut and made him look bad in front of his hipster jew yorker "friends" during all the gamergag faggotry.

Anything that distracts from the content of a post is bad on 4chan. The entire point of anonymous posting is that our "rep" and post history don't come into the argument and we are judged by the content we posted alone. Joot knew IDs and flags would disrupt and effectively neuter /pol/ and distract it from its singular goal of exposing cucks, and he was right.
>>
>>553012
>>>/8gag/
>>
>>553012
>We wuz owning j00t n shieet.
>We even fukked him irl
>Our board is holy and the admin was wrong for messing with it ;^(
8 steps anniversary when?
>>
File: 1390261675068.png (79 KB, 247x270) Image search: [Google]
1390261675068.png
79 KB, 247x270
>>553019
>>553013
>cucks
>>
>>553022
>tfw you only proved me right by posting that
what is it with 8gag and their cuck obsession?
>>
File: 2335v3.jpg (117 KB, 503x334) Image search: [Google]
2335v3.jpg
117 KB, 503x334
>>553023
>>tfw
wow, misusing old may mays like that must mean you are not a cuck and are an oldfag who really does belong on 4chan.
>>
>>553027
>tfw
is not that old, you fucking retard

i like how you seem to think that calling moot a cuck over and over was enough to make him drop this site, when we've been calling him a faggot since 2004

only a newfag accuses someone of being a newfag or redditor over stupid shit like this
>>
>>553027
>>553029
but yeah, keep proving to me that 8gag is nothing but little kids who pretend to be oldfags
>>
File: article-5935-hero.jpg (18 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
article-5935-hero.jpg
18 KB, 580x388
>>553029
It's interesting how calling him a cuck caused him to fuck up /pol/ and then ragequit, while calling him a faggot did nothing. It's also interesting how calling you a newfag from reddit gets your butt boiling. Methinks the two phenomena are related ;)
>>
File: 1460893830848.png (867 KB, 528x1041) Image search: [Google]
1460893830848.png
867 KB, 528x1041
/pol/ will never be deleted
>>
>>553152
>calling him a cuck caused him to fuck up /pol/ and then ragequit
Where do you people get this shit?
>>
>>549555

Pretty much this. Every single thread on /pol/ nowdays has degenerated into lame country "banter". Bring back the ideology flags.
>>
>>549549
Nothing can improve /pol/.
>>
>>553160
They get it from KYM and encyclopediadramatica. A lot of Nu/pol/ are reddit transplants from r/TheDonald
>>
it doesn't even matter.

do you know how easy it is to use a vpn manager?

at worst we'll probably see them being used for race baiting.
>>
>>553012
>fuck with the founder/admin of the site
>expect no consequences
He would be a cuck if he did not troll /pol/ for that
>>
>>553152
>Fuck up /pol/
yeah it was permanent and totally not a joke like the many times he fucked up /b/ and /v/
>>
>>553152
also i love how your response boils down to "u mad xD"
>>
>>553211
You can't handle the banter lad?
>>
>>551828
The mods of /pol/ (not Moot) put flags expressly for destroying the board culture because /pol/ was actively brigaded by stormfront and other neo-nazis communities (like /new/ back in 2010). The mods were complaining 24/7 about that on the IRC. Every people that say we should remove the flags and going back to old /pol/ don't understand the situation.
>>
>>553456
>The mods of /pol/
There is no "mods of /pol/", mods are global.
>/pol/ was actively brigaded by Stormfront.
Not since 2012 or so. Stormfronters don't like 4chan because the think everyone here is a weeb neckbeard.
>The mods were complaining 24/7
mods/jannies don't "complain" in the channel, users do.
>remove the flags and going back to old /pol/
Old /pol/ had flags. In fact moot had made custom flags especially coded just for /pol/. If anything we should go back to those.
>>
>>553497
>There is no "mods of /pol/", mods are global.
Every board can be moderate by any mods, but they are still a few mods that go on a few boards.

>Not since 2012 or so. Stormfronters don't like 4chan because the think everyone here is a weeb neckbeard.
>mods/jannies don't "complain" in the channel, users do.
IRC mods are 4chan mods so it's easy to tell. And yes, the mods were complaining about that very much back in 2013/2014.

>Old /pol/ had flags.
You know that I talk about country flags don't be a fagot.
>>
>>553456
Stop making shit up. joot never listened to mods on irc, everything was his decision. Introducing flags and IDs to destroy /pol/ culture was joot's revenge on /pol/ for wrecking his "chances" with that Gawker slut and embarrassing him in front of her hipster "friends".
>>
>>553600
so uh, whatever happened to the epic exodus?

is hotwheels not based anymore? ;^)
>>
>>553603
>typing out uh
How is reddit going?
>>
>>553607
lol are you this guy >>553152

what happened? did you get so buttblasted you stopped replying to me?
>>
>>553600
you don't know anything about that you cum-slut faggot
>>
>>553456
And the current election shilling is ok? Look at the copy pasted links at the beginning of each candidates general. No modern /pol/fag came up with those links. Far too official and clean.
>>
>>553600
>he wasnt on /sp/ during the slappening, or anywhere else when moot decided to have some fun at users expense
New. Anyone that thinks moot was actually butthurt is hilariously new. Hes done worse shit to boards he loves. Hell he made all those selectedable ideaology flags for us and everything. Moot went out of his way and hurt his own rep to defend /pol/ many times over the years
>>
>>553810
>Moot went out of his way and hurt his own rep to defend /pol/ many times over the years
Up until /pol/ exposed his plot to be a cuck for a Gawker slut and do her bidding in the hopes of getting in her pants and hanging out with cool hipsters. Once that happened, his butthurt was out of control. That is why /pol/ is STILL shitted up with flags and IDs while all the epic jokes joot has played on other boards got removed after a few days at most. Ever wondered why /b/ no longer has unreadable CSS and horrible looping music but /pol/ has been saddled with garbage permanently?
>>
>>549575
>THEIR OPINIONS ARE WRONG DELETE THEM
Sounds exactly what /pol/tards want to happen in their ideal society.
>>
>>550678
You delusional manchild.
You'd kick and scream for a few weeks before getting butthurt about being told to fuck off from every board you tried to colonise then finally mostly fuck off back to sites like reddit, where you originally came from.
>>
File: 1428465332327.gif (318 KB, 231x298) Image search: [Google]
1428465332327.gif
318 KB, 231x298
>>551828
>people lurking for actual info
Sperging out with poorly researched infographics is not "lurking for actual info".
>>
>>552416
Calm down you fucking newfag.
It's also "m00t".
Fuck off with your pathetic site wars.
>>
>>553915
that's why almost every time moot posted he'd always spell it as "moot", am i right
>>
>>549549
Flags should be an /int/ only thing, unless /sp/ gets better moderation that lets them have fun.
>>
File: 6.jpg (16 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
16 KB, 255x352
>>553912
>being this jewish-influenced
>>
>>553870
Maybe if /pol/ didnt host a bunch of obssesive stalkers who had the nerve to post fat moot (and false mother dox)
But collective punishment is the only viable strategy in anonymous imageboard.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.