[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw most people these days have smartphones that let them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1464327924764.png (68 KB, 435x352) Image search: [Google]
1464327924764.png
68 KB, 435x352
>mfw most people these days have smartphones that let them change their IP within 3 seconds
>seeing more and more shitposting threads deleted just to be made again 10 seconds later

Seriously, how are the devs going to deal with this shit?
>>
>>548947
They don't.

They'll respond later and delete stuff, but otherwise who cares about enforcing the rules.
>>
If this is actually a problem, which I'm not convinced,

Change the post timer for phoneposters?

A legit phoneposter will need a lot more time to type out shit anyways.
>>
Its useful when you need to summon the mods
>>
>>548947
IPv6
>>
>>548947
By blocking mobile useragents like they block IP ranges.
>>
>>548947
>Seriously, how are the devs going to deal with this shit?
They could just simply rangeban mobile ips, not allow posting from mobile browsers and filter image..jpg/png.
But they won't because they <re lazy and incompetent.
>>
>>549425
4chan devs went out of their way to create/improve things for mobile users. It's not laziness but intentional.
>>
>>549425
i agree with the ip thing and maybe even the image thing but getting rid of phone completely is a little too much. The issue is data not the phones themselves.
>>
>>549427
For me the phone is strictly for lurking.
>>
>>549478
i use it at work or when I'm on the can, nothing beats talking about ninja tiddy on break.
>>
I post with a phone sometimes but I don't contribute low quality posts. There are people who exclusively use their phones to shitpost though.

I'm willing to sacrifice my ability to post through mobile data if it'd mean an improvement in the overall quality of the site.
>>
>>549480
This.
>>
>>548947
>live in Canada
>all data plan IPs are range banned here
Don't blame us.
>>
The future needs a modless solution to internet communities more than anything.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.