[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I'm not allowed to post "fun" threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1417296798528.jpg (26 KB, 450x351) Image search: [Google]
1417296798528.jpg
26 KB, 450x351
How come I'm not allowed to post "fun" threads on /a/ but the guy who posts the fish or the "it's time" dude gets away with it every day? Shaking my head.
>>
Link? "fun" =/= "off topic" or "obvious baiting"
>>
File: 1346709114144.jpg (193 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
1346709114144.jpg
193 KB, 600x443
About the fish guy, if I had to guess, I think he's one of those legends of autism who are so persistent, that he has become part of "board culture". Something like Barneyfag, but much less annoying.
>>
>>548529
It's time isn't actually off topic, since people use that thread to discuss yaoishit.

Sakura fish will stop as soon as you like it
>>
/a/ will tolerate shitposting as long as it's """"board culture"""""
>>
Do something stupid enough times and it becomes a tradition and it earns protection. This goes for imageboards and real life.
>>
>>548529
It's because you used to be able to get away with having fun.

Today though the mods can't even comprehend having fun on imageboards so they justify those old jokes as "culture" and let them stick around.
Sorry OP, if you had posted your fun threads years ago they would be "culture" too. Today they just call it shitposting. Everything fun is shitposting.
4chan is a serious internet business now.
>>
>>548529
because "le board culture" where some crap is okay simply because it's been spammed long enough
>>
>>548556
>>548573
So frogspam will eventually be ok? Because how long has that shit been going on now and people still don't consider that to be culture on the boards it gets spammed on, and I'm sure mods aren't going to protect it.

This seems more accurate >>548571
times have changed. Old stuff from when 4chan could have at least some fun is now protected culture. Everything new is "shitposting"
>>
>>548575
frogspam isn't a specific post to be spammed though so it's different in that respect
>>
What I don't get is how any of those threads that get spammed daily continue to get any replies at all. For me, once I've seen a thread more than twice I'm totally over it and just ignore it from that point on.
>>
File: 1431991401656.jpg (185 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1431991401656.jpg
185 KB, 569x802
>>548531
I made a thread with pic related once and got a global ban for a day.

I also made a thread about Black Swan and its relation to Perfect Blue today, and opened the thread in a provocative way; got deleted instantly.

I mean, if the board was /a/ - Scholarly Analysis of Japanese Graphic Novels & Animated Film, that would be completely justified and laudable. But on a board filled with generals, image dumps and waifu worship, I don't see how a little benign funposting is out of place.
>>
>>548580
90+% of users on all boards are newfags.
>>
>>548581
Ah, I wouldn't take it personally, clearly mods have a thing against Bane? and have for years since it was like the feels/pepe spam of /tv/ (if not still is).

"Opened aggressively" might have looked like shitposting or something though, can't tell w/o knowing the threads.
>>
>>548581
Your image isn't anime related. That's a very quick way to get your shit deleted and cop a ban on /a/. Most times janitors and mods won't even bother to read the post if it has an image like that attached, they will delete/ban on sight. If you stick to stuff that's from anime you should be fine as far as moderation goes.The funny thing is, /a/'s mod staff don't even particularly care about baneposting. I see it now and then on /a/ and I don't recall anyone ever being banned for it, granted none of them tried starting a thread for it.

As for getting users to listen to you and care about your threads, it isn't gonna happen as long as you insist on acting like a newfag. Since 2008 or so /a/ has grown really cliquey and views most of the other boards on 4chan with contempt, to the extent that if you admit to being from /v/ or /tv/ or another big board (except maybe /jp/ or /m/) people will just stop replying to you and report your thread.
>>
>>548581
>baneposting on /a/
>expecting not to be banned
/a/ ain't /tv/.
>>
>>548596
I've seen people banepost on /a/ without issue, but they don't post non-anime images or start threads for it. Baneposting conspicuously will get you banned because posting anything that's not anime-related conspicuously will get you banned.
>>
>>548592
>Your image isn't anime related.

But it is. It directly references a particular anime.
>>
>>548621
It doesn't look that way from the thumbnail. As I said janitors and mods don't even bother reading posts like that, if they see an image thumbnail like that they will delete your post first and ask questions never.
>>
>>548529
What is your definition of fun? Show some of your thread.
>>
>waaahh muh frog and trump thread get deleted on /a/ whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>548592
>Your image isn't anime related
I don't into /a/, why on earth does this matter?
>>
>>548532
>one of those legends of autism
Do you mean anime?
>>
File: 85c.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
85c.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>548592
>mods on /a/ ban everything that doesn't have an anime image
But other people on other boards need to deal with the anime sperglords.
>>
>>548802
Because /a/ is an anime and manga board, are you perhaps thick?
>>
Newfags just don't understand, they see boars culture and want to fit in but rather than observe or participate they want to make their own epic memes

Fuck off, and Sakurafish can fuck off too
>>
>>548808
Thats not true. /a/ and /sp/ have a loving relationship, posting Costanza with bat will not get you banned and you can get away with tv reaction images. Dont use them for everything or you'll get called out as a crossboarder. But starting a thread with an off board topic image is a good way to get banned on any board friendo.
>>
>>548815
There's no need to be condescending lad
I mean /sp/ is a sports board, is every picture posted there to do with sports? That post to me implied that every image posted on /a/ must be anime related, that's not the case for other boards at all
>>
>>548529
>Shaking my head.
>/co/ reaction image
Because you're not from /a/.
>>
>>549431
You are right, that was uncalled-for.
I believe there are two reasons: contempt for 3d, as well as for outsiders which has grown steadily over the years. Worldly affairs and real-life, unless directly related to anime or Japan, has no place on a board for a medium most commonly used as a means of escapism.
Social life, women, personal issues etc has nothing to do with anime and will not contribute to a discussion. Thus those will be rejected, which extends to images since this is an imageboard.
Unwelcomed images are commonly used as reaction images on popular boards. Boards which are filled with normalfags, who in their lack self-awareness, will happily and unpromtedly post about above subjects. That's the second one, which is more of a subsidiary reason.
>>
>>548529
Another garbage /lgbt/ /soc/ thread on /a/.

>>>/a/142302461
>>
>>549797
Even more /lgbt/ /soc/ cancer

>>>/a/142315522
>>
>>549431
>>548802
Because it's literally in the rules and the users approve of it. You can get away with non anime related images occasionally as long as they fit in the discussion. Don't start a thread with a fucking bane image. what the fuck do you expect?

>>548808
Then feel free to ask for non board related images to be deleted on other boards too. But you can't just say "not anime". For example, a rule like that on /v/ would also have to ban all /tv/ shit and anything not related to video games. You can't have it both ways. And as I said, the rules are not strict 100% of the time. You just have to not be a total newfag or an obvious shitposter starting a thread with a frog image.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.