[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English Speaking Generals on /int/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1435380530375.jpg (836 KB, 5235x2483) Image search: [Google]
1435380530375.jpg
836 KB, 5235x2483
I think all English Speaking generals (Besides /brit/) Should be disallowed on /int/.

Let's take a look at the board rules.

1. This board is for the discussion of foreign culture and language. Please be respectful.

2. Posting in languages other than English is allowed—and encouraged!

Generals like /balt+ausnz/, /cum/, /carib/, don't encourage you to learn any new languages or practice them with natives. they are just there as glorified chatrooms. Barely any culture is discussed on those threads as well.

People come on /int/ to learn new languages, and these threads contribute nothing.

/cum/, /balt+ausnz/, /carib/, and /balk/ were NEVER generals until around a year or so ago. And the way things are going more random ass generals will come out of nowhere connecting random countries just to chat. (balt+ausnz).

If anything at LEAST ban balt+ausnz as they only shitpost and bring nothing to the board.
>>
File: generals.jpg (566 KB, 1160x1286) Image search: [Google]
generals.jpg
566 KB, 1160x1286
oops wrong pic but whatever.
>>
Why not just ban generals off /int/ entirely? Even in foreign language generals it's not like there's anything worth discussing.
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 861x758) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 861x758
>it's yet another assblasted canacuck episode
generals are literally the only good threads on that shite board
A simpler solution would be for you to make like a tree and just leaf
>>
Ban everything
>>
/int/ was a good board until it got devoured by country specific generals. The ex yu generals were the progenitors of this and the only reason why they existed is because Balkan shits had sub par English skills so they segregated themselves into their own little general. Other countries/regions followed and became the shit show it is today.

Balkanshits balkanized /int/. Thanks balkanshits
>>
>>545545
>5 posters
>5 replies
We can tell you're OP, ya dumb cunt
>>
>>545548
Actually I'm OP. if you had 4chan x you could easily see that his post was a new IP.

Anyways, his point still stands, shit like /ausnz+balt/ are cancerous threads that shouldn't be allowed on /int/ as it doesn't fulfill the core values of the board.

>>545542
>generals are literally the only good threads on that shite board

I agree, I myself like to browse /fr/ to help solidify my French. Generals are very useful given this context; but other generals like /balt+ausnz/ (and the ones I listed on the OP) offer NOTHING to the board. For those who want to learn English you have the rest of the board to look at outside the generals.

My point is that these types generals don't belong on /int/ and is just bloating the catalog.
>>
>>545545
/balk/ is probably the only general that "looks like /int/" if you read their discussions. All the others are cancerous chatrooms
>>
As a Balkanite, let me tell you, we cannot have a Balkan general in a language besides English. Serbocroatian is only understood in former Yugoslavia. And even though Bulgarians and Macedonians understand it too, Greeks, Romanians, Turks and Albanians don't.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.