[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
*chan culture is dying. Its self-destructive nature, coupled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 4chan.jpg (114 KB, 1333x556) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
114 KB, 1333x556
*chan culture is dying. Its self-destructive nature, coupled with having been founded by a 15 year old anime fan and many, many terrible choices, are leading this website, and all of its spin-offs, to failure.

I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen four years ago already.
>>
>>545016
klol
>>
Completely anonymous communities with little to no moderation are always, always going to get overtaken by groups that were run out of all other normal communities.

The moment moot opened up /pol/ was the moment he 100% doomed 4chan.
>>
File: 324234.png (101 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
324234.png
101 KB, 268x237
>>545028
>"it....it...it was /pol/! delete them! they're the cancer!"
>>
>>545016
Hello le Reddit
>>
Web dev here. This is why I'm thinking of collaborating with the good people at tanasinn.info, 4-ch and world2ch (the chan culture purists basically), as well as the weabot textboard script devs, to attempt to revive anew what was woefully lost to the hordes of cancerous meme spouting teenagers, normalfags and redditors who think irony is the pinnacle of humor.
>>
>>545117
>le reddit is the cause of all problems xD
I can already tell whatever forum you intend to create will fail, because you unironically believe that people from another website are on a fucking crusade to destroy 4chan's culture.

>normalfags
You *N E E D* Normals for any forum to take off. The normals will eventually adopt the culture you are trying to create. Being an "oldfag" means NOTHING in terms of a users quality.

Meme spouting is bad, though.
>>
>>545132
Nowhere did I mention reddit. Are you stupid or do you hallucinate the word reddit in every post that reflects on 4chan's declining state?

4chan's community, by tolerating the normalfag invasion of 2006-2008*, condemned itself to being continuously inundated by people who simply don't belong here. 4chan was intended for a community hailing from a very specific subculture - that of people fascinated by Japanese entertainment and internet culture. The gradual creation of non-Japan related boards after the normalfag invasion came about as the inevitable result of accommodating these new masses.

To use an anecdote - look at the memes /b/ has been coming up with over the years. Most of them were derivatives of 2ch and Futaba memes in the early days, until the normals came in and turned /b/ into what it is today. This reflects the change in 4chan's userbase demographics perfectly.

As for the Reddit crowd, it's nothing new comparing to previous hostile invasions.

* The 2006-2008 normalfag invasion refers to the days of the Habbo and Myspace raids, and later Chanology, the news coverage of which exposed 4chan to a lot of people who simply don't understand its culture.

In short, 4chan's own community, by lashing out against other communities, opened the floodgates to its own demise.
>>
If "summer" isn't real, why does the quality of this website go completely down the shitter starting at the beginning of summer?
>>
>>545132
reddit is not on a crusade to kill 4chan
they are just changing the site because they come in and expect things to work the way they are used to without adapting

there is a rise in the number of tripfags, namefags, and general threads on pretty much every board I visit
people are now much more obsessed with keeping a post identity similar to they have on reddit so people can say "wow, that guy makes such great posts, I love him"
people are now more obsessed with keeping things separate, /a/, /g/, and other boards are full of generals that if you try to make another thread of the type people will flip their shit because they want everything compartmentalized away into it's own thread
redditors want 4chan to be formatted like reddit because it's what they're used to

unfortunately, there are too many, the tipping point has happened
there are too many kids and redditors who don't feel the need to change to fit into our site because they are not a tiny majority anymore
so they keep going, no one tells them differently, so they keep going and making changes and turning 4chan into reddit the same way that reddit was turned into digg
>>
>>545155
>Nowhere did I mention reddit

>>545117
>normalfags and redditors who think irony is the pinnacle of humor
>redditors

Autism, folks.
>>
>>545117
Can't say I'm not interested.
>>
>>545155
>muh weeb culture WE WUZ WEEBS N SHIT
>>
>>545170
Redditors is not the same as all of Reddit. But a good chunk of the cancer comes from people using Reddit prior to having used 4chan.
>>
>>545117
Stay away from my world2ch, I don't want you going and fucking it up with more basque nigger spam.
>>
>>545028
there are other factors are work but you are right in the attempt to maintain a place to talk about whatever anonymous they was nothing to stop the genuine shitty human beings from overtaking everything for themselves while playing off their shittiness as "board culture."
>>
>>545167
Do you really remember the early days of the site? If so; you wouldn't complain about post identities and trips
>>
>>545160
Placebo
>>
>>545208
Attention whores like Lanced Jack and Taiga were tame compared to the shit we have nowadays.
>>
>>545417
t. someone who wasn't here for Lanced Jack and Taiga

moot himself got pissed at them and pissed at /a/ for feeding them endlessly. Who else can lay that claim to fame?
>>
>>545208
I am talking more about generals, and that's the most intolerable part I find about these people
it's their desire to completely compartmentalize every discussion into it's own thread and never have them touch each other or have more than 1 thread

that's what I dislike about the reddit people who come here and push for new generals when they're not needed, they divide it up
look at /g/ now, it's general hell
every possible topic that could be discussed on /g/ is it's own general
/dpt/ /web dev/ /bst/ /chink shit/
they even have a damn private tracker general
it just seems so restricted to shut discussion into these little arbitrary boxes like subreddits are
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.