[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To find out the "Reddit" influence on 4chan, I spent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
To find out the "Reddit" influence on 4chan, I spent an hour finding out which boards appear to have the biggest Reddit influence. To do this, I have calculated the percentages of posts on each board which mention Reddit, as gathered from numerous Foolfuuka archives. Only posts with "Reddit" were counted. "Leddit" and its other derivatives were not.

Only 44 boards were available for testing. RebeccaBlackTech uses Fuuka, so counting for /cgl/, /g/ and /mu/ was way too arduous for me. Same with Warosu, which made /3/, /biz/, /cgl/, /ck/, /diy/, /fa/, /jp/ and /lit/ too hard to analyze. /asp/, /b/, /gd/, /h/, /hc/, /hm/, /n/, /out/, /p/, /po/, /r/, /s/, /soc/, /toy/ and /vp/ were all on fgts.jp, which died without backups. Arch.b4k.co's search is currently disabled, to /g/ and /jp/ can't be done yet. B-stats also exists for /hm/ and /qst/, but no searching exists.

Ranked 11th to 44th in the Reddit influence:
11. /wsg/: 0.2153%
12. [s4s]: 0.2046%
13. /int/: 0.1909%
14. /f/: 0.1765%
15. /sp/: 0.1701%
16. /fit/: 0.1699%
17. /t/: 0.1600%
18. /x/: 0.1489%
19. /ic/: 0.1281%
20. /lgbt/: 0.1214%
21. /gif/: 0.1213%
22. /adv/: 0.1162%
23. /o/: 0.1040%
24. /hr/: 0.0916%
25. /trv/: 0.0881%
26. /an/: 0.0850%
27. /mlp/: 0.0841%
28. /k/: 0.0824%
29. /vr/: 0.0775%
30. /co/: 0.0752%
31. /a/: 0.0559%
32. /u/: 0.0556%
33. /wg/: 0.0539%
34. /w/: 0.0519%
35. /trash/: 0.0456%
36. /d/: 0.0432%
37. /aco/: 0.0393%
38. /tg/: 0.0348%
39. /i/: 0.0327%
40. /m/: 0.0170%
41. /e/: 0.0145%
42. /cm/: 0.0136%
43. /c/: 0.0120%
44. /y/: 0.0107% (congrats, the gayest weeb board on 4chan literally doesn't care about Reddit)

These rankings will obviously differ if sufficient archives for the other 26 boards pop up.

Now, onto the top ten...
>>
Coming in at number ten is /sci/, with a Reddit influence of 0.2856%. With 1 in 350 posts on the board mentioning the fedoralord website, it makes sense. Redditors do tend to act like geniuses. Also, 4chan is "where smart people come to act retarded", so that's something to ponder.
>>
>>544986
I bet 3 bucks on /tv/ being number 1
>>
Sitting above the self-proclaimed intellects at number nine is /v/, with a Reddit influence of 0.3213%. Being a bigger board as well as a major part of the Gamergate scandal, which Reddit is way too invested in, it does explain the Reddit influence. Also, Redditors like vidya. Neckbeards like vidya. Redditors are neckbeards. See?
>>
Above /v/'s tally of 1 in 311 posts mentioning Reddit, seated in number eight, is /wsr/. It is a fresh board, with only 130000 posts, but 417 mentions of Reddit gives it a percentage of 0.3225%. Considering that both /wsr/ and Reddit tend to be worksafe, I'd say there's some connection. 1 in 310 posts on /wsr/ mention Reddit as of now.
>>
Another Hiro board, /his/, sits above /wsr/ in number seven. We're seeing a trend here. With a Reddit influence of 0.3316%, it goes to show that new boards appear to attract Redditors. The tally so far? 1 in 302 /his/ posts mention the shithole.
>>
Okay, this definitely was not going to be outside of the top ten. It's /r9k/ in number six, with a Reddit influence of 0.3396%. A staggering 1 in 294 posts on the frogposter board shows just how bad the board has gotten thanks to Pepe. Redditors LOVE hearing about ebin /mischief/ and REEEEEEEE. Duh.
>>
And if /r9k/ is in this list, then guess what other degenerate board is here? /pol/ at number five, with a Reddit influence of 0.3744%. Consider its tally of 1 in 267 posts mentioning Reddit. /pol/ does have Reddit bases called /r/The_Donald and /r/Mr_Trump, which frequently manages to crash Reddit's front page because /pol/'s gonna /pol/. Also, Reddit, being a liberal left-wing site, is HATED by the neo-Nazi anti-Semitic right-wing /pol/, so they cannot stop talking about them.
>>
We're approaching the top three, but first, let's find out who is at number four. IT'S /VG/! Does this prove that /vg/ is worse than /v/? Yes! /vg/ has a Reddit influence of 0.3802%, being the last of the boards to have such a low total (yes, the top three are that bad). Mentioned in every 263rd post, it's no wonder Reddit is a popular place to talk about on /vg/. After all, Redditors love generals!
>>
And here we go, ladies and gentlemen, the top three! Another Hiro board, and particularly a failed board, has entered the fray! It's /news/! And guess how much of a Reddit influence they have? 0.6634%! A staggering 1 in 158 posts on /news/ mention Reddit, but think about it. The board only has like 36000 posts. Only 241 mentions of Reddit were recorded, perhaps because some news is happening there...
>>
The top two! And guess who is runners-up in this list!

>>544988
You'd be wrong, it's /tv/ who is at number two! Boy, oh boy. /tv/ records a huge Reddit influence at 0.8141%, thanks in part of Baneposting, but mostly because of the serious hatred for Redditors that it has always had. Do you like this movie? Then fuck off, Reddit. No wonder 1 in 123 posts mention the website...
>>
This thread is fucking gold.
>>
And now, I reveal to you all, the board which has been influenced by Reddit the most. It's a board you're all familiar with. You know this board, you use it a lot, and yet you can't stop using it...

IT'S THIS FUCKING BOARD.

/qa/ tops the Reddit influence chart. And let me tell you, it is bad. It is REALLY, REALLY BAD. The /qa/ Reddit influence tops at... 2.5359%. This is over three times that of /tv/, the board most associated with Reddit. Guess what the Reddit mention to post ratio is?

ONE IN FUCKING THIRTY-NINE.

But why? It's because /qa/ won't stop talking about Reddit. Every opinion is Reddit. Every fact is Reddit. Every board is Reddit and should be deleted. Everything about Reddit is used as a boogeyman. Everything you like and I don't like is Reddit. It's all Reddit, guys. REDDIT.

We have become Reddit, destroyer of chans.

FUCK
>>
http://pastebin.com/gvhjASSW
Full statistics here.
>>
>>545004
>/a/ on top with reddit mentioned in every 1800 posts.

Somewhat surprising.
>>
>>545006
/a/ is on top because that's the first letter of the alphabet numbnuts.

It's at 0.0559% while /qa/ is at 2.5359%
>>
>>545004
Thanks for doing this. It's very interesting.
>>
If /qa/ wants to be as Reddit-free as /y/, assuming the word filter is put in place here, the board would need 129259150 posts.

And assuming /qa/ keeps up the same posting rate, it won't happen until roughly July 29, 2252
>>
Whatever happened to Gaiaonline? I remember everybody used to always tell me to go back there but I actually was from neopets.
>>
File: 1463730405108.jpg (9 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
1463730405108.jpg
9 KB, 480x468
>>545014
>>
I guarantee that if /g/ was tested it would be in the top 3
>>
>>545003
This board has far less posts so the percentages aren't accurate. Learn how statistics work before you try and fuck around with data, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>545060
>This board has far less posts so the percentages aren't accurate.
Whatever you're smoking, I don't want it
>>
File: huh.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>545060
>This board has far less posts so the percentages aren't accurate.
>>
>>545060
Take the population of San Marino, which is "approximately 33000".

According to Wikipedia, there are 4800 foreigners living in San Marino.

4800 divided by 33000, multiplied by 100, tells me that 14.55% of people in San Marino are foreigners.

However, since there are more posts on /qa/ than people living in San Marino, we can safely assume that this is extremely inaccurate, and that the real percentage is obviously higher than 92%. After all, I'm going by what you said here.
>>
>>545060
uh back the fuck reddit????
>>
I think it's a bit misleading, but it's to be expected.
Reddit is openly tolerated on /pol/, for example, as the line between /pol/ and reddit's politics/meme sites are blurrier than an electron cloud.
Meanwhile /tv/ says "reddit" 5,000 times as an insult for every link to it or matter-of-fact discussion of it.
To be fair, /tv/ was destroyed by memers but that group is an amalgamation of /b/, /v/ and /sp/ and reddit instead of reddit alone.
>>
This honestly is a pretty meaningless statistic.

We all know 1 autistic user is pretty much equal to like 10-20 normal users in how much he can stir up trouble. So for all we know the boards with a higher statistic just have more autistic reddit users that continually start discussions about it, or post links and crap.

Doesn't really say all that much about the boards themselves.

Also can we just stop talking about this crap? This isn't something that demands constant attention unless you're either a redditor who's trying to force 4chan to accept it, or you're an edgy faglord who tries too hard to distance himself from other sites.
>>
>>544999
You're drawing the wrong conclusions, reddit the frog is responsible for the reddit influence on /tv/.
>>
File: 1464492842401.png (258 KB, 659x615) Image search: [Google]
1464492842401.png
258 KB, 659x615
>>545003
>implying anyone cares about this board when you can't even access it from the list on the top of the page
>>
File: 1265194387342.jpg (21 KB, 360x318) Image search: [Google]
1265194387342.jpg
21 KB, 360x318
>>544986
>Only 44 boards were available for testing. RebeccaBlackTech uses Fuuka, so counting for /cgl/, /g/ and /mu/ was way too arduous for me. Same with Warosu, which made /3/, /biz/, /cgl/, /ck/, /diy/, /fa/, /jp/ and /lit/ too hard to analyze. /asp/, /b/, /gd/, /h/, /hc/, /hm/, /n/, /out/, /p/, /po/, /r/, /s/, /soc/, /toy/ and /vp/ were all on fgts.jp, which died without backups. Arch.b4k.co's search is currently disabled, to /g/ and /jp/ can't be done yet.
Don't be retarded, just fetch every boards /archive list and download every thread .json on there, then grep reddit to get your statistics

7 days should be plenty and only /b/, /trash/ and somethinng else aren't archived internally.

I could do it on some months of archived data, but I don't think it really matters.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.