[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /v/ obsessed with Spongebob?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: xoCDeFzV_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
xoCDeFzV_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Why is /v/ obsessed with Spongebob?
>>
Because they're underage shitheads that think they're being all edgy and cool.
>>
File: 2016-03-06_17-55-42.webm (386 KB, 628x586) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06_17-55-42.webm
386 KB, 628x586
>>539349
Fucking greatest TV animation of the last 30 years.
Period.

Basically everyone on the board grew up with it and it's accepted fact that it's amazing.

Why aren't YOU obsessed with it?
>>
>>539354
I'm in my thirties. I guess I missed the boat on that one
>>
>>539349
because they are children
>>
>>539349
Why is /v/ obsessed with food and shit analogies?
>>
>>539354
fuck off kid
>>
>Airs on Nickelodeon, target audience age range 8-17

There you go OP.
>>
>>539349
/v/?

Or like a couple of faggot autists who only ever post spongebob?

They love reaction images, too.

Man I hate people who enshroud themselves in cartoons in a bid to be more liked.
>>
>>539349
autists
>>
>>539349
WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?!?!?
My.crippling fucking depression you degenerate underage cunt rags, i'm doomed for the rest of thia pathetic thing called life to be reminded I browse a site full of sweaty moribly obeise fedora tippers
>>
File: CTpUDvNWcAAizaB[1].png (426 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
CTpUDvNWcAAizaB[1].png
426 KB, 600x397
Like >>539354 said, seasons 1-3 and the 2004 movie is some of the best writing in cartoons since early Simpsons, every single line is quotable and still has context to this day. It's even better when you go back and watch it and knee slap at every joke you missed out as a kid [spoiler]and realize how extremely relatable Squidward is to you now that you're an adult.[/spoiler]
>>
>>541268
>(you)
>>
>>541268
What happened to the writing after those seasons? I want to try Spongebob sometime (never really watched that channel as a kid, I focused on Cartoon Network instead) but I only ever hear the praise for early Spongebob. Though, I am well aware of what went wrong with The Simpsons, so I'm guessing it was a similar occurrence.
>>
The average user age on /v/ is 14.
>>
they think they're funny by reposting facebook/twitter memes
spongebob is great but every single spongebob meme has made me cringe to death
BOI IF U DONT XDD
>>
>>539349
why is ironic shitposting allowed?
>>
File: bpt24.jpg (71 KB, 350x414) Image search: [Google]
bpt24.jpg
71 KB, 350x414
>>539349
It seems to have started out as a "ghetto twitter" thing, where some POC's with MS paint would instagram some screencaps of spongebob episodes and add a "relatable" caption above, and these instagram posts would then be repeatedly capped and tweeted by more POC's. Because minorities and women stereotypically have trouble figuring out how to save images they just keep screencapping them, resulting in heavy artifacting. This became a meme when these obviously shitty caps started appearing on leddit, ifunny, etc. and people started to associate a heavily artifacted spongebob image with a caption + instagram font above it with a funny inside joke, usually ironic. So now these images are cancerously infecting boards with users who find that shit funny
>>
File: 1464333295836.jpg (33 KB, 749x653) Image search: [Google]
1464333295836.jpg
33 KB, 749x653
>>543678
You mean like this?
>>
>>543374
The original writer left. He's back for the latest season, though, and it's actually pretty funny.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.