[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which board is the best for learning and studiyng languages?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1443626383572.jpg (37 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1443626383572.jpg
37 KB, 348x342
Which board is the best for learning and studiyng languages?

And dont't say that shithole known as /int/
>>
/int/
>>
>>539307
I want to say /b/ because years ago I realized that British people say the letter "Z" like "zed", so I made a thread on /b/ with an image of the letter Z in the OP and it simply said "How do you pronounce this letter?"

The responses I received showed me that there are at least 30 different ways that people pronounce that letter throughout the world. It was pretty eye-opening.
>>
OP, /a/ is the best board if you're trying to learn Japanese (and that's STILL fucking pathetic), /int/ for every other language, and the REAL answer is fucking reddit. Not even joking.
>>
that shithole known as /int/
>>
>>539307
>le /int/ is shit meem
>>
if you want to actually learn something, you should find a website other than 4chan.
>>
>>539321
>if you're trying to learn Japanese (and that's STILL fucking pathetic)
Serious question: how did you discover 4chan and why did you come here? It must be painfully obvious you're about as fucking welcome as rectal cancer. Do you just like being a piece of shit in general?
>>
>>539635
kek mad weeaboo spotted
>>
>>539635
Nope, sorry. the beginning of that sentence was important.

>/a/ is the best board if you're trying to learn Japanese
>and that's still pathetic.

/a/ isn't very good at teaching Japanese. It is pathetic.

Learn to read the whole sentence and not just part of it. I know a long series of words right after each other is hard to parse but you need to try your best. I believe in you.
>>
>>539323
Why aren't more people saying this? He said not to say something. We're supposed to all say it a bunch, to be contrarian.
>>
Wasn't /lang/ / /language/ one of the textboards? maybe I'm confusing it with 4-ch though.
>>
>>539725
Some of us aren't actually children
>>
>>539307
/int/

go to the generals, dumbass. read the sticky
>>
>>539805
Bitch, I'm 25.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
>>
>>539816
the OP asked for something other than int because int sucks
all the boards suck for learning a language, unfortuanately, a sucks the least, so that's the answer

but a and /djt/ still suck and you would be better off with books and a tutor than using their guide for more than 6 months to a year
>>
>>539820
le useless lowercase post
>>
>>539723
>Learn to read the whole sentence and not just part of it.
Learn how clauses in the English language functions before trying to act all smug. You're a fucking teenager.
>>
>>539820
I can write up a foolproof guide for going from scratch to intermediate for Japanese, if that is what you are referring to, with links to resources, in a matter of minutes. The problem is that with adults and learning second, third, etc. languages is that they are too sceptical for their own good and keep asking questions and self doubting which only impedes the acquisition process. This is one of the reasons why kids take pretty well to languages, because they mindlessly take shit in, repeat it ad nauseam and rarely grow tired of being highly exposed to shit over and over and fucking over again.

You don't need a tutor or textbooks to learn a language. Tutors are only useful later on when you have a decent grasp of the language and can question them for more cultural and contextual relative nuanced things which require a social background of the language and not a linguistic background.
>>
File: 1463323206843.jpg (29 KB, 453x466) Image search: [Google]
1463323206843.jpg
29 KB, 453x466
>>539825
You should know shame someone about not knowing properly a language in a thread about the best place to learn languages.
>>
>>539825
Did you hallucinate a comma, or a colon, or a semicolon, or a period, or something? Because there was absolutely no punctuation between "board" and "if" in that sentence.
>>
>>539828
You sound like the idiots on djt
But their guide is completely fucked despite any other claims
They are a community of beginner and intermediate speakers constantly editing a google doc that sells itself as the one and only guide
I don't trust 4chan at all beyond the first year of learning jp becuase no ine here speaks it well themselves
>>
>>539828
>I can write a foolproof guide
lol No you can't
>>
>>540021
Sakura-chan, I think it's time to step away from the keyboard
>>
Anywhere but here
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.