[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it permitted to discuss suicide methods on 4chan? And if it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: rope.jpg (162 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
rope.jpg
162 KB, 1500x1500
Is it permitted to discuss suicide methods on 4chan? And if it is, which board should be used?
>>
Yes, most likely
[r9k]
How you gonna go OP?
>>
And by that I mean [r9k] would probably be the most accepting of it, however any random discussion board would do
>>
4chan global rules #1:
You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.

So, isn't discussing suicide methods with practical details illegal? Enlighten me.
>>
>>539141
Every single board on this site will gladly discuss how OP right now should kill himself.
>>
I would assume it isn't, per >>539152
Adding to that, any threads on /adv/ that relate to or end up mentioning suicide at length don't seem to last very long before they disappear, making me think that detailed descriptions/methods are not allowed here.
Say what you will, but I know 8 has a board for suicide and different methods.
>>
>>539382
thank you, i thought it was possible to get mods answer to this, because i don't really want to try and find out if i get ban or not
>>
>>539141
/b/
Stream that shit
>>
>>539141
>Is it permitted
Does that fucking matter? The result of a successful discussion on the matter for those keenly interested is going to mean those who may be banned aren't likely going to be around long enough to care.
>>
>>539382
Yea, but... do 2ch have a board for suicide?
>>
>>539422
Well considering >>539152
you should be more worried about getting v& if you have to question the legality of something
>>
>>539606
If OP is actually considering suicide, then getting v& is the least of his problems.

By the way OP, I'm >>539382 and while I obviously don't know if you (or anyone in this thread) just have a curiosity or if you're genuinely suicidal, I hope that you consider/exhaust all other possibilities before considering suicide. I'm not saying that things are guaranteed to magically get better or more tolerable, nor am I saying that I know exactly what you're going through.
What I will say is that I (and others, believe it or not) do care and are willing to talk if you think that will help. It's an option, at the very least.
t. anon with daily suicidal thoughts
Also, this is going to look really stupid if no one is actually suicidal.
>>
>>539625
He didn't say he was but whether or not he could discuss it, but I guess it implies it
While I agree to a degree that people should be able make that decision if they want to
I also agree it should only be a very very last resort
>>
>>539441
Yea but obviously if I get ban 5 min after creating a thread that is not good
>>539606
In my country I definitely can not be jailed for discussing anything on the web other than terrorism and drug/weapon sales
>>539625
I am suicidal and been considering it and reading euthanasia and suicide methods books for a while (years). It's not about me having problems in life, I'm having some fun in life (games, films, internet), it's just that I really wish to die in the near future because life does not really entertain me and I don't have any goals, so I want to fall asleep forever. No talk would help and am not depressed, possibly mental but I don't care.
>>
>>539209
can confirm. also check 'em
>>
>>539141
/adv/, [r9k], /b/, /diy/
>>
>>540069
>Yea but obviously if I get ban 5 min after creating a thread that is not good
Because being banned stops you from viewing a thread.
I'd suggest you kill yourself but that's pretty redundant by this point, isn't it.
>>
>>540069
If you don't think talking will help and you don't care if you have anything that's an issue mentally, then I mean I can't really force you to do anything through an anonymous image board.
Again, I truly do hope you exhaust all options available to you, but like I said, I can't really force you.
Whatever happens, I hope you find peace.
>>
>>540603
I don't need help, as well as "exhausting options" because I want to die, I desire it, without depression. Talk could only possibly change my mind, but in reality it won't. I enjoy some things in life and working on my plan in the meantime, I don't want to delay my death for like another decade.

As for the topic, I checked 8 and it's a tricky board, I can only enter it via Tor because the site is forbidden in my country, and it works slowly as a result. There is suicide board but it seems to be dead, ironically. Also I tried to post but receive an error on any board. As for 2ch I could only find the asian one and obviously I can't understand anything. Here I'm not sure I can find people who did some actual research on methods, because I have a lot of knowledge already. Maybe someone can advice me a site where methods can be discussed? I need a non-dead one, I don't want to wait a week for a reply and discuss with like total of 3 members.
>>
Is this some kind of weird legal bait?
>>
>>539141
>>>[r9k]
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.