[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I understand this is a recent AAA game release and everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18
File: Screenshot 2016-05-22 17.30.35.png (1 MB, 1876x975) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-22 17.30.35.png
1 MB, 1876x975
I understand this is a recent AAA game release and everything but this is still kind of ridiculous.

Around 1/5th of active threads on /v/ are about Overwatch despite the fact that the game isn't even fucking out yet. You could attribute this to new game hype but even DOOM--which was a controversial reboot of one of /v/'s most beloved franchises--had more self-contained discussion prior to release.

Does anyone else see a problem here?
>>
File: map.jpg (165 KB, 733x577) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
165 KB, 733x577
you have seen nothing
even when filtering any thread that mentions overwatch, you still get multiple overwatch threads
>>
What is it about this game that brings the shills out?

I don't browse /v/ and normally don't care about this stuff, but I still see it, and even get spammers in IRC (not the 4chan server)

Could blizzard be conducting some viral marketing campaign?
>>
>>538557
Jumping straight to viral marketing always seems a little paranoid to me. I feel like a good portion of it is just false flagging shitposters (like the thread saying ">he still hasn't preordered Overwatch: Origins Edition"), but some of them like the one bashing TF2 seem too aggressive to be a person trying to start a legitimate discussion.
>>
>>538557
It's a shooter with multiple waifus, the only way /v/ wouldn't be over hyped about this if it was made by Gearbox
>>
>>538557
>I don't browse /v/
So lurk the board before spewing ignorance.
This is fucking nothing: every time there is a Nintendo related announcement, you end up with fucking dozens and dozens of threads about it and often a cancerous sticky about it as well.

You know fucking nothing, anon.
>>
>>538564
>spewing ignorance
I didn't even say anything about /v/ faggot

I understand your all pissy cause people don't like your favorite game, but calm down and read more carefully next time.
>>
>>538544
>Around 1/5th of active threads on /v/ are about Overwatch
No one fucking cares, you retarded generalfag. Fuck off to /vg/, your kind is not welcomed on 4chan.
>>
>>538544
Wow.... almost as if the people who post Overwatch threads... don't come from 4chan and don't know the catalog exists
almost as if they come from... reddit
>>
>>538911
Wow, its almost as if with the way you type you very much might be from reddit, you fucking retard. Kill yourself, boogieman retard.
>>
>>538917
Reddit can't into sarcasm, they don't type like that. They type like they're on youtube circa 2012
>>
>>538917
t. aspie
>>
>>538931
>calls me a aspie
>while he is complaining about people making more than one thread for something
>>
>>538544
>Undertale
>garbage

LMAO, I imagine that thread is 100+ posts of people blowing him the fuck out.
>>
>>538557
Ever heard of Occam's razor? How about, oh, I dunno, it being a genuinely good game? You could have tried it during the free open beta, but instead you're content to sit around coming up with conspiracy theories. This is the kind of person who makes "le overwatch shilling" posts.
>>
>>538947
Thank you for conveniently linking all the Overwatch threads here. *whips out dick* I'm going in.
>>
>>538950
Bruh the posts are the same shit over and over.

>Post a picture of waifu
>lets discuss le waifu
>why haven't you X yet?
>countdown to release to generate hype!
>compare to TF2 or Battlborn
>memeposting

Over and over and over.
>>
>>538953
That's what generals are too. Do you accuse generals of being shill threads? People just like talking about the stuff they like. And there are a LOT of people on /v/.
>>
>>538954
Generals are considered fucking terrible and attract some of the biggest shitposters and tools, but at least they are contained to a single thread.
>>
>>538947
missed some

>>>/v/338584313
>>>/v/338569125

That's 17 active threads on /v/ for Overshill
>>
>>538953
Wow, it is almost as if /v/ermin only know how to memepost or make general-type OPs. No man, its shills, totally shills.
>>
File: CFJLzW9.jpg (24 KB, 399x443) Image search: [Google]
CFJLzW9.jpg
24 KB, 399x443
>>538947
>>538956
>>
>>538544
DOOM was about the actual game and I assume tod posting. Overwatch is just about kids thinking with their dicks, you can't contain that.
Well you can but you need actual mods for that.
>>
>create thread
>it gets no posts and falls to page 10
>mods delete it anyway

What the fuck?
>>
>>538998
Overwatch pictures and mentionings are crossing over to other threads and boards not even related to Overwatch.

I don't understand how this isn't shilling.
>>
>>539023
>I don't understand how this isn't shilling.
Because you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>539023
Here's a better idea: They're doing it because they've realized it's an easy way to annoy people. They don't care about Overwatch but they just want to piss you off. And it's working.

You know how I know this is the reason? Because it's why I'm doing it.
>>
>>539024
>>539025
Dumbass shills
>>
>>539030
It's funny that you think reverse baiting will ever work. Time for me to go make another Overwatch thread on /v/, I guess.
>>
>>539030
Have /v/ermin ever considered the notion of that it might be people who like the game? Oh, wait, I'm sorry. You are right, that can't be the case. No one on /v/ likes video games. Sorry for my mistake.
>>
>>539049
>Have /v/ermin ever considered the notion of that it might be people who like the game?
Not people who haven't been on reddit or /r/4chan before they started posting
Overwatch posters are complete normies. If I hear people in real life talk about it, I know it's complete cancer. This comes from people who talk about streamers, markiplier and the such and watch filthy frank - that's the Overwatch audience
Not on my /v/™
>>
>>539095
I legitimately cannot tell if this post is ironic or not.
>>
do something about this fucking game
there are more fucking overwatch threads than futa threads on /d/
jesus fucking christ did hiro get a cut from blizzard or something?
>>
>>538955
and overwatch does have a general
they refuse to fucking delete the threads and redirect people
for how much shit it's leaking all over /v/ the general is quite slow
>>
>>539134
>>539136
You are retarded and people like you are why /v/ is shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>539134
You know, I've never seen so much anger about perceived "shilling" as I have over the last year or so. The gaming climate sure has changed, and not for the better. People can't shut the fuck up and game anymore. All they ever do is screech about shills.
>>
>>539136
Easy solution: Post "reported" in the threads. Let people know you're reporting these threads, so others can join in. If you want to get things done, spread the word!
>>
>>538911
>reddit
they come from blizzard forum and make those thread especially to shill, they admit it and many threads are simply titles "overwatch shilling" and start with "why haven't you bought the game yet".
Basically we are witnessing drones in its purest form, that are so devoted to the brand they do the advertising and suffer the consequence for themselves, and use the spam and bans as badges of honour when they are back to their original forum and talk about how important they are for "helping the company" that totally "deserve it".
soulfags did the same, and bethesda to (even though those are still paid marketers, not players). As long as 4chan will be retarded enough to allow phoneposting, it's going to get worse.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-05-06_02-57-47-000.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-05-06_02-57-47-000.jpg
367 KB, 1920x1080
>>539138
doubt you even played the game you shill

I played it and it was the shallowest piece of shit I've played in the FPS genre in years. Most of these threads are just waifu circlejerking shilling the game and some SFMfags who want patreonbucks. The people that did play just show off webms of them pressing Q like it was some kind of stellar achievement.
>>
>>539140
>people who talk about games i dont like are shills because i say they are
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1448185438473.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1448185438473.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>539140
>soulfags did the same
Nah, that's sloppy seconds
Demon's Souls wasn't shilled, mainly because it was on PS3
>>
Mods are taking Blizzard money. It's that simple. It's the new age of advertising.
>>
Mods delete a rare EVE thread, but keep all the Overwatch shitposting threads alive

>>>/v/338580935
>>
>>539156
Mods didn't delete that you fucking retard, it page 11'd because no one posted in it.
>>
File: 1427924911762.jpg (317 KB, 1044x504) Image search: [Google]
1427924911762.jpg
317 KB, 1044x504
Ironic shilling is still shilling.
Make them stay on 1/2 threads
Move them to /vg/ where actually belong
Do something or just admit that you are also part of the viral marketing
>>
>>538604
>I didn't even say anything about /v/ faggot
This is a thread about /v/ and you were talking about "viral marketing" in direct relation to /v/.

>but calm down and read more carefully next time.
I suggest you fuck off and work on your English before attempting to have another human interaction, sperg.
>>
>>538953
That's /v/ in a nutshell, you fucking retard.
Lurk moar, post less.
>>
>>539164
2016 /v/

Times have changed since people were posting their self-imposed challenge runs and odd experiences with games.

/v/ is filled with casual shills now.
>>
>>539158
>Ironic shilling is still shilling.
>Make them stay on 1/2 threads
Fuck off back to facebook where you can have a little hugbox private group of equally retarded mongs to converse with.

Faggots like you are the biggest problem on this site, pushing generals and getting autistic over other people liking things you don't like. Do you also freak out and complain about the hundreds of Nintendo threads and stickies that happen multiple times a year on /v/ every time there is a minor announcement? Were you even on 4chan for the last Smash Bros game? It made this "shilling" look like fucking nothing. They had multiple stickies AND the board was mostly スマブラ threads.
>>
>>539165
>2016 /v/
It's been like that since 2009.
Lurk moar, post less.
>>
File: overwatch1.png (736 KB, 1899x755) Image search: [Google]
overwatch1.png
736 KB, 1899x755
THIRTY FOUR

AS IN

THREE AND FOUR

THATS THE NUMBER OF OVERWATCH THREADS ON /v/

Can the mods please just make a scrolling sticky for overwatch and remove all other overwatch topics? I'm not one for calling someone a shill, but man, its a bit hard not to when you see pic related.
>>
>>539168
Kill yourself generalfag.
>>
>>539167
you probably kept to your Recettear and Blazblue cirlcejerk and didn't browse outside enough
>>
>>539166
Kill yourself newfag.
YOU are the reason why this site is complete shit and the moderation is full of sellouts.
>Let people discuss
Having 30 thread of "why haven't u pre-ordered X game" is not real discussion, is just plain shilling, even if ironic.

If you want a site without any kind of moderation or rules then never let it grow like this did.
Yeah, it'll be slow, but it'll be free from shameless advertising and shitters like you who prentend "we r le annonymoose we dont need no rulez"
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>539172
>Having 30 thread of "why haven't u pre-ordered X game" is not real discussion, is just plain shilling, even if ironic.

>If you want a site without any kind of moderation or rules then never let it grow like this did.
>Yeah, it'll be slow, but it'll be free from shameless advertising and shitters like you who prentend "we r le annonymoose we dont need no rulez"
>muh quality discussion
Fuck off you retarded generalfag. Do you even know what 4chan is? It isn't a place for your super serious discussion. It's a place for fun and having fun discussing things you like. There is NOTHING WRONG with 50 threads for a single topic. Welcome to fucking 4chan newfag, lurk the fuck moar. You retards are the reason the site is bad.
>>
>>539175
you sound like reddit

If you want to shitpost keep it in one thread.
>>
>>539178
You sound like a retarded generalfag who should fuck off. The fact you equated fun with shitposting only further proves how cancer you are. Guess what, if fun = shitposting, then I just guess 4chan is for shitposting since fun has always been the goal of 4chan since the start. Retard, fuck back off to reddit yourself, generalfag.
>>
File: mods.png (74 KB, 1852x301) Image search: [Google]
mods.png
74 KB, 1852x301
Do you think the current /v/ mods got paid more or less than that time they stickied Ass Creed reveal?
>>
>>539195
If you are referring to making 30 threads of "why haven't u pre-ordered X game" as fun then yeah you're a fucking faggot who enjoys shitposting.
>>
>>539198
Answer me this question, anon. Why haven't you preordered Overwatch?
>>
>>539198
They are fun because it is clear you have zero idea on how 4chan function. Hint, OP is not a topic setter, he is a conversation starter. Those 30 threads are 10x, no, 100x better than the shitty generals and the threads you clearly want to promote.
>>
>>539202
>I love cancer and I want more
>>
>>539208
You don't even know what cancer is and are just an retard claiming anything you don't like is cancer. In this current case, you are claiming the very culture that 4chan had since dawn is cancer.
>>
>>539210
4chan culture was never about spamming boards with pre-order ads.
>>
>>539213
No, 4chan culture was to make threads whenever the fuck you wanted and as many as you wanted, even if the pages were filled with the same thing. Although, it was considered impolite to spam shit no one cared about or liked. Ala the big three on /a/. Out of all the threads linked and in the images posted in this thread, there is only THREE that bring up the pre-order. All the others are discussion, image dumps or get hyped threads. You have no argument, shitposting bait-kun /v/ermin generalfag.
>>
>>539215
>>539178
>>
>>539216
>you disagreed with me that means you are reddit
>>
>>539219
>He thinks that 4chan is le anonymoose place with no rules
>not reddit
>>
>>539220
If you want to be so desperate that you want to go down that faggot route of the argument, then yes, that is correct. It is only within about the last 6 years that the 4chan rules have actually been enforced so heavily. Before that they were incredibly loose and you could get away with so much you'd think there is no rules. /b/ isn't what 4chan is meant to be, but, the culture of /b/ has always had some of the biggest impact on the site. Are you enjoying being a faggot right now? You truly belong on /v/ with how great you are with arguments.
>>
>>539215
Aren't image dumps not allowed on /v/?

It was that excuse that got DOA threads deleted.
>>
>>539224
not surprised a redditor or tumblrite wants to spam a filthy casual game until everyone hates it
>>
>>539226
I remember now why I don't use /v/ or like /v/ermin.
>>
>>539228
>wahh don't call my braindead game casual
you need a hugbox
>>
File: rules.jpg (178 KB, 730x1198) Image search: [Google]
rules.jpg
178 KB, 730x1198
>>539224
There was not as much enforcement but we did have plenty of rules back then. I would much rather people remember they exist for sanity's sake.
>>
>>539230
>you need a hugbox
>"not surprised a redditor or tumblrite wants to spam a filthy casual game until everyone hates it"

Oh, the irony.
>>
>>539215
>No, 4chan culture was to make threads whenever the fuck you wanted and as many as you wanted,
never happened
>>
>>539215
4chan culture and /b/ culture are not the same thing.
>>
Overwatch brings back memories of vanilla TF2 (Especially to my circle of TF2 oldfags that visit /v/) so everyone is going nuts over it.

Let a week pass and the threads will eventually be contained to the general on /vg/.
>>
nearly 50 threads now

mods asleep?
>>
I tried to tell you this casual babby game would attract the tumblrites. Waifufags are cancerous as fuck.
>>
>>539671
So much butthurt in one post.
>>
>>538954
>Do you accuse generals of being shill threads?
/fgg/ has very capcom friendly peoeple. Even worse, I saw a meme I forced in there get taken to a twitch streamers sub emotes.
>>
>>539196
I still believe that was a genius troling action by the mods but none of the /v/etards could swallow the bait.
>>
>>539231
Isn't it briliant how everyone fucked up the first 2 rukes so hard? Only rule 34 has any meaning anymore.
>>
>>539304
Most of the culture of 4chan is /b/ culture, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>539684
Jiyuna adopted Anime Illuminati which was a silly shitpost. Shit gets used outside of 4chan, it's been like this forever.
>>
Pretty much the entire board is OW shilling now. /v/ is fucking dead. I piss on these mods for not splitting this cancerous board already. Someone is bending over to Blizzard cock at 4chan.
>>
>>539170
When your game is a cancerous multiplayer shitty FPS, you DESERVE to be put in a general
There is nothing worth discussing, only shitposting
Can you name me even 1 online game people discuss? Not even MMOs are safe from erotic roleplay anymore
>>
>>540057
When your x is a cancerous y, you DESERVE to be put in a general
There is nothing worth discussing, only shitposting
Can you name me even 1 z people discuss? Not even m are safe from n anymore

Nice argument fucktard.
>>
File: 1463764462984.jpg (20 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
1463764462984.jpg
20 KB, 804x446
>>540062
XYZ isn't an argument too, kiddo
>>
still 25 hidden threads
>>
>>540057
Pretty sure MMOs created erotic roleplay in games. Game is out, time to accept it will be Overwatch week. Too bad they are leaking into other threads.
>>
>>540162
>Too bad they are leaking into other threads.
Welcome to 4chan, fucktard. It is not your little safespace and it is a place were EVERYTHING 'leaks' out and there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>540164
Really sad all of these Overwatch newfags pretend like they know how shit works.
>>
File: 1463991593214.jpg (554 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463991593214.jpg
554 KB, 810x1080
>>540108
>>540169
Get fucked, kiddo. Overwatch is on the road to being one of the biggest games EVER. You better get used to seeing it for a looooooooong time.
>>
File: 1463179018646.gif (676 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463179018646.gif
676 KB, 500x281
>>540169
I haven't even considered even touching overwatch, it looks like shit. But, you very clearly have no idea how 4chan works. Maybe you should stop using /v/ and use a board that isn't shit, stupid /v/ermin.
>>
File: 1431447736681.jpg (26 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
1431447736681.jpg
26 KB, 406x422
>>540172
Blizzdrone detected
Don't forget to pre-order World of Warcraft™ Legion® and pre-order your ticket to the Warcraft™ movie!
Do this now and get 30 packs in Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft
>>
File: 1395354694200.jpg (89 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1395354694200.jpg
89 KB, 640x427
>>540172
>Biggest game ever
>Doesn't support Linux
lel, sure thing kid
>>
>>540172

>not enough maps
>maps have little to no variations
>people only using fotm or press X to win characters
>people is already getting jewed with kikeboxes

Yeah I can see it becoming an huge scam,after all we're talking about blizzard
>>
>>538544
How about you just grow up and stop investing time and money into such silly things as video games?

If you still play video games and you're over the age of 20, you are wasting your life.
>>
File: 1457726150748.gif (296 KB, 378x512) Image search: [Google]
1457726150748.gif
296 KB, 378x512
>>540172
>Blizzard
>SJW the game
>thinking its good because you saw some SWF porn
>being into the made "le buttgate"
>playing shite western games
>fucking ever
>plebbit
>>
>>540224
Who the fuck are you to decide whether or not someone else is wasting their life? You just turned 20 yourself, didn't you? Fucking millennial.
>>
File: Grinman.png (129 KB, 2400x2239) Image search: [Google]
Grinman.png
129 KB, 2400x2239
>>540202
>>540205
>>540223
>>540227
>>
Hiro desperately needs to update the site with a proper, legally-binding TOS. It would be useless against small-time shills, but it might be enough to deter larger companies. It would probably help the site too because people would actually have an incentive to buy the fucking ads instead of spamming /v/ for better exposure than they can pay for.
>>
>>540572
>small-time shills

You mean "people who talk about games they enjoy"?
>>
>>540573
I mean people like Kimmo.
>>
>>540590
>Kimmo
>small time
>>
Literally no excuse for not making /vjp/ right now tbqh
>>
>>538544
I don't see how this matters, OP. It's just /v/. Most people with any sense left /v/, /r9k/, /b/, /pol/, and every other board above 40 posts a minute a long time ago.
>>
File: 1310420011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1310420011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>make a thread trying to actually talk about a game
>deleted and warned
Never once did I call the mods hotpockets or anything of the sort, but they somehow took it as a personal attack
I just want this shit to end so badly, it's like a never ending nightmare

Finally the giant spider stops chasing you and then a horde of skeletons starts chasing you and rattling their bones

I just want this to end. Normalfags have ruined every single thing in my life. Why can't they just go away? Why do they have to torture me like this? It is constant 24 hours a day. It's like some messed up scheme to make me into a serial killer.
I just want to have a place where I can post and jst bee myself but I can't even have that
I
>>
>>540592
He was small time, and would be small time today. It was just incredibly easy to shill back then.
>>
monitored /v/ for the entire day

average shillwatch threads up and filtered at any given time were 12 to 14,reported some while ignoring others

Now shills are back at work probably US ones as I have around 20 filtered threads hidden
>>
>>540223
>press X to win characters
I love how the biggest "criticisms" of Overwatch are from people who are bad at video games so they got their shit kicked in by something easily counterable and then went "Boo hoo it's overpowered this game is unbalanced."

Not to mention that the button for ultimates is Q, so you haven't even played the game.
>>
>>540655
>monitored /v/ for the entire day

Wow, loser. Where the fuck did your life go wrong that you have nothing better to do than watching a board all day? How about oh, I don't know...PLAYING A GAME?
>>
Please fucking make Eastern /v/. This is unbearable. Free us.
>>
>>540739

>some shill here is afraid that someone in this board has no life

mfw
>>
>>540757
>mfw you're such a loser that the only way you can justify your pathetic life is by claiming everyone else is a shill
>>
If you were around on /v/ for literally any WoW expansions release month you would be familiar with this shit.

/v/ is cheap advertising if you have a committed team of neets willing to work for pennies per thread per post
>>
>>538544
Just made 3 new threads and bumped 6 others.

Feels good man
>>
>>540830
This man is living large.
He's still a faggot though
>>
>>540768

I will not sleep tonight knowing that some shill called me a loser,wish I was a mod to delete shillwatch bait threads on sight
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.