[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if we banned all mobile posters for one week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1461376691253.jpg (69 KB, 1295x1001) Image search: [Google]
1461376691253.jpg
69 KB, 1295x1001
What would happen if we banned all mobile posters for one week?
>>
It would somewhat increase content quality of 4chan for a little bit. Then, after the mobile phone posting ban period is over, things would go back to the way it was before.
>>
/g/ mobilefag here
I can spoof my browser's user agent string any time I want to
>>
>>538155
What about banning 3G/4G IPs?
>>
>>538156
Doesn't stop people from using the WiFi at McDonald's or anywhere, really. WiFi is all over the place.
>>
>>538157
What if we banned 3G/4G, banned mobile user agents, and unfixed the mobile browsing problem in futaba?
>>
>>538160
That's the problem. You can't ban it if it's spoofed because you can't tell the difference on the receiving end. Also, I never had trouble browsing vanilla 4chan and other Futaba-based imageboards on mobile, because they are have next to no scripts that a mobile browser can't handle.

Theoretically, the only way you can do it is by implementing a captcha or other verification system that a mobile browser simply can't render.
>>
>>538160
>lets ban everyone!
>>
>>538163
We should take everyone... and PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
>>
>>538163
Mobile posters tend to shitpost a lot more than people with static IPs.
>>
>>538202
That's bullshit and you know it, moron.
A proxy is way cheaper than a smartphone + data plan.
You're one dumb fucker
>>
>>538203
Most proxies are easily detected and auto-banned. Besides, what >>538202 meant is that static IP posters in comparison to mobile posters care more if they get banned or not, because then they would have to then use a VPN or something to post and that's a hassle.
>>
>>538206
>most proxies
There are still lot of proxies that work.
People are just ignorant, and that's a problem with the user base of the site
>>
>>538155
it's good to see at least one person on /g/ isn't a total retard when it comes to technology. unfortunately, you're in the minority which is why mobile posters are such a problem.
>>
I'd find another way for my phone to post. How else will I be able to posr a shitty opinion on my desktop and then reaffirm it as "someone else" on my phone?
>>
>>538163
Let's be honest, we'd all cheer.
>>
>>538147
4chan's revenue would crater so they wouldnt do it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.