[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Boards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: po.png (46 KB, 929x497) Image search: [Google]
po.png
46 KB, 929x497
Will something be done about them, or will they continue to linger in a dead state?
>>
File: MINT.jpg (12 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
MINT.jpg
12 KB, 250x219
>>537613
mfw I remember December was a fun filled meme month
>>
why do you care so much about boards you don't post on? you don't pay the server costs.
>>
>>537613
They will continue to linger in a dead state.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!
>>
>>537613
What's with the spike? Did something amazing happen in the engaging world of papercraf for a while?
>>
If they don't have any traffic, they cost practically nothing to run. Who cares.

That idea that we need to "consolidate" boards is rather dumb because it just forces groups that have been independent for years (if not over a decade) to suddenly scrounge up with other groups. Who does that benefit? No one. Will it increase traffic? Doubtful.

If board A has 1000 posts a day and board B has 1000 posts a day, the combined board will get 2000 posts a day in a perfect scenario (that is, everything went perfectly and the two groups merged without shitposting like crazy). So, overall net gain in 4chan traffic? 0, and increases in "traffic" would probably be due to people shitposting at the merge which aren't actually new users, just current ones bitter about it, some of which would likely be driven away as a result which could perhaps result in not just zero but negative net traffic.

Higher traffic =/= better boards either, not at fucking all. Thinking things get "better" just because they're faster only shows you think a board sucks if you don't get replies in 2 seconds, implying the number of replies matters more than the quality of them. A slower high quality board with pleasant users shits on a fast but irritating-to-use board. If meme shittery is what you're after even very slow boards usually have some local board memes. That's what a meme really is, a local insider joke, not a godforsaken "force it everywhere and people pretend it's funny (even if they don't get it) because the hivemind dictates you laugh at it" affair like many bigger boards force.
>>
>>537631
Probably a pepe raid or something. I wouldn't put it past the fucking wastes of space that many modern 4chan boards are.
>>
>>537613
Stop trying to play junior 4chan admin and don't worry about slow boards you don't even go to.
>>
>>537642
It's my general notion that faster boards tend to be the worst. /b/ obviously, but also /v/ and /sp/, which are truly horrendous. I think it's because the board moves too fast for the staff to keep up. On a slower board, they can prune out the garbage more easily. And users are inclined -- but not always -- to think about what they're going to post instead of banging something out like it's a chat room.

However /sci/ is bad despite being relatively slow. Not sure why that is.
>>
>>538142
>However /sci/ is bad despite being relatively slow. Not sure why that is.
It's full of autistic manchildren suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect. Insufferable cunts aren't enjoyable to be around, period.
>>
>>537613
Same problem with 8ch. Traffic doesn't magically come out of nowhere by birthing 1000 babies and clones, you need to advertise it to specific existent groups and moot was horrible at it. Instead he advertised for more /b/ users through reddit.
For example the /g/ board about computers and programming should be the most popular because everyone is already using a computer and should be interested in everything about it.
But moot sucks at advertising to users which browsed the internet before 1999.

I'm wondering myself what other places there are on the internet for discussing cartoons and comics.
/tg/ also seems to be the only unique place on the internet. They're genuine nerds who know their stuff, compared to those geeks who can't come up with 2 good ideas if their life depended on them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.