[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to quit browsing 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 753x689) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 753x689
How to quit browsing 4chan?
>>
>>535817
If there were a sure fire solution, there wouldnt be anybody here.
>>
>>535817
Willpower
It's not difficult if you actually want to do it, just don't open the site.
You might feel a bit lost at first but soon enough you'll find some shit to fill the void.
>>
1) Buy razor wire, gorilla glue, and a chair
2) Create a noose out of the razor wire and hang it
3) Stand on the chair and put your head through the noose
4) Cover your hands in super glue and put them on your head
5) Wait for the glue to set
6) Jump

Good luck OP!!! :)
>>
>>535817
Distraction, I'm in the process of getting back into TV, music and games so I have less time to go here
>>
>>535817
You have to find something else you want to occupy your time with. Simply deciding you don't want to 4chan anymore isn't enough. You'll get bored and be drawn back.
>>
File: image.png (232 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232 KB, 500x366
>>535817
>>
>>536007
this really
>>
Honestly I don't know how I began to find 4chan more fun than games or TV.

I don't even remember when I stopped playing games and watching TV.

All I know is, I try turning on my PS3 and I turn it back off after 5 minutes. I open DotA 2 and end up abandoning after a few minutes because of a /pol/ happening thread.

It's a hard life, anons.
>>
File: 1463373229031.png (166 KB, 645x580) Image search: [Google]
1463373229031.png
166 KB, 645x580
Go to reddit
No im serious
Its literally the only way to escape
Just accept it
>mfw im still trying to understand how you actually navigate the site

Im gonna get (you)s for unironically suggesting reddit but idgaf anymore becayse this place has gone to shit since 2012 and I dont have to put up with constant fetish posts there in all the anime/vidya threads. No I dont care that you wanna sniff x characters feet fuck off
4chan is only good for /lit/ /his/ & /m/ anymore everywhere else sucks
>>
>>535817
Buy a static IP, then get permabanned by posting cp or something
It's the only way
>>
>>536015
Yeah bro, I'm sure sitting typing shitposts and solving captchas is so hard compared to doing something that requires actual effort.
>>
>>536015
It's not hard when every modern game is an utter piece of flaming garbage.
>>
>>536071
But why doesn't anyone just make an acceptable spinoff of that site?

Because I would use it, and I'm sure a lot of others would too if there were just a few changes.

For starters, I think reddit originally had no karma. So it was a news site basically with user comments. That's what it's supposed to be, but you tell me, is that how people treat it? Or do they treat it like an actual _discussion_ site?
But it's entirely inadequate for discussion because it has no linearity. If they want to move in the direction of a site for discussions then one major change they need is to make it default to new comments instead of hot comments. It doesn't matter if you can do it yourself, it needs to be the default.

If they want it to be a news site then they need to get rid of karma and gold, because that skews the news and articles being posted.

Just to give a taste of how bad it actually is, I actually googled for a reddit spinoff without karma one time. Yet no matter how I tried to formulate the search the mere fact that I had the two words "reddit" and "karma" caused google to return endless results on sites selling karma, techniques to farm karma, etc.. They can pretend it's not a problem but this kind of evidence is hard to refute, especially for something that they all claim doesn't actually have a positive purpose either and it's "just for fun". It really makes no sense on a news site.

So that site doesn't know what it wants to be. Like I said, I'd love to use a similar site that actually had a reasonable feature set, but I guess nobody is going to make it because they're all karma hungry attention whores who just don't want to admit it.
>>
>>536007
James Bond GET
>>
>>536128
Prove you know shit about any modern game.
>>
>>536220
Actually I should clarify that, because I only care about multiplayer games and I tend to generalize everything to that.
I actually do think the gaming scene today is somewhat of a paradise for single player gamers. So much so that most online games are actually catered to their preferences.
>>
>>536224
Oh. Well, I agree about that.

Also, how do you feel about Overwatch?
>>
>>536235
I don't know much about it and haven't tried it. But from the 2 short videos I saw of it it actually looked kinda cool. They'll probably ruin it with their business model though so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>536183
Ive been setting it to controversial posts first to circumvent karma entirely
But yeah it seems to hinder coversation, but then again on /v/ a thread will be 404 by the time I type out a reply anyway
I miss when /lit/ wasnt overrun by /mu/ crossposters, I could keep up a discussion for a month
>>
>>536183
>But why doesn't anyone just make an acceptable spinoff of that site?
Other and better chans already exist. Some of them precede 4chan itself. You know why they are good? They haven't been overrun by the retards who ruined this site, and I intend to make certain that at least in my part, that these sites remain unaffiliated with this shithole as long as possible.
>>
You can't leave 4chan, but you can control your time wasted here.
>>
>>535817
Find something that you enjoy more.
>>
4chan withdrawals are fucking real.

I didn't even stop browsing 4chan, all I did was start thinking about what my life would be like if I did, and I've literally felt sick to my stomach for 2 days now. Just trying to find a replacement site is horrifying.

The rest of the internet is so boring and/or lame, and I fucking hate going outside and I hate people in real life

Why is everything in the world literally shit? Fuck me!
>>
>>537807
We live in a very strange time
>>
>>537022
Fuck /mu/ and their shit taste. They're also on /fa/ too.
>>
>>537850
Yeah. Believe it or not once upon a time saying "pleb" on /lit/ could get you banned.
Now we have hordes of /mu/fags who think books are just a fashion accessory to impress girls, and dont actually discuss a books content. They dont even read.
pretty much all the misguided elitism started in late 2012 when /lit/ threads were linked to on /mu/ nonstop
Before this there was no /v/ tier stop liking what I dont like shit there
>>
File: Leaving 4chan.jpg (253 KB, 1121x806) Image search: [Google]
Leaving 4chan.jpg
253 KB, 1121x806
>>535817
>How to quit browsing 4chan?
You're a funny guy anon
>>
>>536071
Reddit is actually an alright place if you want to discuss board topics. Not to mention if you're too racist/sexist you can get banned. That's why everyone there always makes dumb jokes hoping to get thumbs up from strangers. Its like Youtube and Yahoo answers and Imgur accept worse. Everyone's trying to outdo each other in politeness and lame dad tier jokes.
>>
>>539074
I like OutOfTheLoop since it's a good place to find out what weird references people are making these days, and they even disallow joke answers.
>>
I was almost ready to leave 4chan, but then i got into hockey and I browse /sp/ now
>>
>>537870
The difference the level of activity makes is interesting. The smaller boards are almost totally about the hobby and have good discussion (e.g. /out/). The medium boards are mostly elitism and dick waving from people who don't know what they're talking about (e.g. /k/). The large boards are just shitposting mixed with conspiracy theories (e.g. /v/).
>>
>>539074
I FUCKING HATE that shit. I ask a question and a bunch of normie idiots respond with joke answers that don't help me with jack shit or the worst kind of response, "Dunno, maybe? lol"
I was so fucking pissed I literally stopped using Yahoo answers and Imgur because of it. I don't really see it that much on REddit, but it does happen since people there are fishing for thumbs up hoping someone is going to like their stupid ass jokes.
>>
>>537034
2 8 wizard and master. Cry more
>>
File: 1422299482387.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1422299482387.png
23 KB, 489x423
I left 4chan around middle 2008.

I don't know how, I simply forgot about the site and started going to other places and doing other things.

Then I came back in 2011 and I was never ever able to leave again.
>>
>>535817
I just got the idea that a browser extension might help ease you off of a 4chan addiction

It could run on a timer and only let you browse 4chan for like an hour or so, then it hides the tabs and you can't access 4chan until a couple hours later, and repeats the process.

If you really wanted to stop altogether then you could set it so the intervals slowly get smaller and smaller over time
>>
>>539890
He's almost certainly not talking about those.
>>
File: 1463865652810.jpg (110 KB, 605x763) Image search: [Google]
1463865652810.jpg
110 KB, 605x763
>>535884
>razor wire

It was paino wire you cancerous newcunt
>>
There is no escape
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.