[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excluding alternate imageboards, what are some other places to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1428373063520.gif (248 KB, 896x860) Image search: [Google]
1428373063520.gif
248 KB, 896x860
Excluding alternate imageboards, what are some other places to talk to people online where everyone's more or less just there to have _fun_?
(and please, if it has avatars and even 5% of the users like to use their real face then it's shit by default)

Sometimes I find myself really wanting to try something new, but every time I try to search myself it just puts me in a really weird mood. The lack of pure fun (i.e. not for any hidden motive like attention whoring or anything) on other sites is such a rare thing it's depressing.
>>
There are no places that have both the atmosphere, anonymity (no usernames/avatars) and speed of 4chan without the shit aspects of here.

Your best bet for having a good time is finding some reasonably small enthusiast's forum that's niche enough not to attract mouthbreathers and with a good moderation team.
>>
>>535387
I think you got sort of the wrong idea here. I like places where people can act like immature pieces of shit, as long as they're just having fun (militant shitposters are faggots though)

By "fun" I didn't mean "quality discussion" or anything like that. So a niche site with "a good moderation team" would probably be extremely boring.

Also, I doesn't need anonymity.
It's just, I pretty much cut myself off from most of the internet except 4chan around the time when it started to become normal to use your real face and name online. It still just seems really weird to me. You used to be told all the time, online, even on TV, to never give out any information whatsoever online.
I tend to think people who don't still follow those golden rules are either attention whores or modern internet babies.
>>
>>535393
All in all it depends on what your definition of fun is. What I personally mean by fun is a site where people can talk about whatever without it being possible for random people to barge in and completely shit up a thread just because it doesn't cater to their tastes (which sadly is what happens on almost all of the bigger boards on this site). I don't mean something like a super formal newsgroup where everyone just pats each other on the back all the time.

If you just want people posting, talking about and sharing random shit with the least level of effort, look for some IRC or Discord chat or whatever. If you want something a bit more structured (but still not formal), maybe try some alternative image board or forum.
>>
>>535399
Well it's hard to define what I mean by "fun" in terms of site features.
It's more just about the people on the site (which may be a result of site features?)

I think it's ok to post pretty much anything at all as long as the person isn't doing it to accomplish anything.
e.g. not trying to be a dick, not trying to "shock" people, not trying to change people, not trying to force memes, things like that. Just because they think it's funny and want to share or something, and not to gain any "credit" or whatever for themselves.

The problem is the places where you can get away with low quality stuff without getting banned are either sites with low community interaction (such as question answering sites, like stack exchange) or they have some stupid system for gaining "attention points" (I'm sure I don't need to mention this site by name)
Or they encourage or even force their users to use their real name and photo.

There's not as many "comfy" places online as there should be.
>>
>>535405
Forgot to mention that you're probably right about IRC being a good idea

I've always used IRC but only for serious stuff.
Maybe I'll try to look for some more whimsical channels (maybe the 4chan IRC channels? Although I've heard they can be quite circlejerky)
>>
>>535408
Try wetfish IRC. Developer community. Used to be an imageboards back in 2006 - lead developer played around with it then.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.