[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>let users create their own boards >boards that drop below
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1462316121321.jpg (61 KB, 599x519) Image search: [Google]
1462316121321.jpg
61 KB, 599x519
>let users create their own boards
>boards that drop below a certain number of posts per day get purged
this way we get quality boards without fragmenting the userbase.
>>
>>533813
There's other factors that go into a board other then the amount of posters. Some topics would be stretched thin by having an entire board, so even if they do hit the post quota, discussion would be pretty slow and spaced out. Then there's the fact that some boards would just turn to shit.
>>
>>533813
What you're asking for is called reddit.
>>
cripple chan is what you want
>>
>>533813
What a horrible idea.

>>533865
Yes, this. Go there and do that, OP.
>>
I would want to see something like this being tested

The board is called all
When a topic is created on a board it goes there.
The thread limit on the board is X.
When the amount of threads on the board is higher than X, it look on the threads above the limit and check their board type if there are more than 10 threads of this board type on /all/, the thread is removed.

It would be a cool idea.

Now, after typing this, I saw it looks too much like that reddit main page thing.

Anyway, on my idea, the threads on all, would only have the posts from board /all/, all posts excluding the main one would be /all/ boards
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 252x244
>it's a "let's make 4chan more like cripple Chan and Reddit" thread

Please stop friend
>>
>>534468
if you are talking about this
>>534447
its just a conceptual idea and experiment I would like to see how it would work.

But I suposed it wouldnt work, it would be flooded with /vg/ posts, since people would post alot on the threads (since they are very open on their themes) and they wouldnt go down to the last pages to then, have a chance of being removed.
Actually the thing would be flooded with generals.
>>
>>534447
>>534479
So you want r/all but for 4chan?

After reading your second post I like it because it would mean a bunch of people would go to the generals and shitpost in them.
>>
>>534482
>After reading your second post I like it because it would mean a bunch of people would go to the generals and shitpost in them.

imagine there are 10 boards on 4chan
and the thread limit on /all/ is 100 threads

When someone on board X or Y, create a thread, this thread would be automatically created on /all/, this at the same time.
If someone on board X post on this thread, it wouldn't be post at the same time on /all/, only posts made from/on /all/ users would be on thread X or Y

Everytime someone post a post or a new thread is made, it would check all threads after thread 100 and look at their board type, if there are more than 10 threads of this board type on the board /alll/, this thread is removed from /all/.
The idea behind only removing threads that have more than 10 threads of its all, is to avoid slower boards to stay on the board /all/
When I said something about generals I was talking about this:
On a general, you can talk about many different stuff (withim the same subject), on a general about mario, you can talk about many different mario games.
This means that in the end, those threads will have more posts/be faster than non general threads.
So, the general threads will always be up, while non general will go down and be removed.
This doenst happen on usual boards because you usually have just few generals and so they dont take up the space of non general boards, but on this /all/ you would have the general of all boards combined.
>>
>>534498
>>534482
The idea, behind this /all/ idea is to people discover new things, to discover things they wouldnt know if they didnt got exposed to.

Some people would problably like whateaver the hell are the bands /mu/ talks about (dont visit the board), but they dont visit the board because they think its probably "hipster/fedora shit".

As some example some people would lie cricket if they knew the sport existed or got expososed to it.
In the end what you like is limited by what you know, and this board tries a little to fix that to make people be exposed to many different subjects.
>>
>>534498
Would the board be hidden?
Would we be able to post in it, because postin in a board like this would defeat the purpose, like the first initial idea of /trash/
>>
Go start your own imageboard, faggots, and stop trying to change this one.
>>
>>534500
>In the end what you like is limited by what you know, and this board tries a little to fix that to make people be exposed to many different subjects.

This tries to speed up the process.

On reality you basically like some subject and while searching more about it, you discover a related subject and then discover a similar subject when researching this new one and this goes on and one.

TV ads, and channel surfing, like /all/ also speed up the things, but you are limited by what tv wants to show you.

>>534501
>Would the board be hidden?
Nope
>Would we be able to post in it, because postin in a board like this would defeat the purpose, like the first initial idea of /trash/
Only on threads threads that appear on all, you wouldnt be able to create new threads.
Also the threads there as I said would only have /all/ posts (excluding the first post), this to not create a pain an mess of users from /all/ replying to some board X or Y post, and then the board not replying back, since they cant see it.
>>
>>534498
>>534500
Question: Have you ever looked at the front page of 4chan?
>>
>>534510
>>534500
>>534498

A better version of your idea that doenst look like r/all or 4chan main page (yes I know your idea is not exactly that) is:
board is called /ale/ and means aleatoric

On the first day it pick a random article of wikipedia and it will be the subject of the board
On the next day it will pick a new subject and it will also be the subject of the board.
A subject is removed after 2 days, so every day (excluding the first one) you will have 2 subjects to talk about and each day a new subject will be open for discussion
>>
>>533813
Always those fags who like to create their own little safe space where they can be kingz and shieet.

Why faggits are so afraid of having a competion of ideas and opt for the filter bubble?
>>
>>534900
>Always those fags who like to create their own little safe space where they can be kingz and shieet.
This containiment boards create a shitty comunity.

Containiment boards exist because of a catch 22
To someone that knows nothing about subject Y, learn about it, he will problably need to visit board Y, but if the visit it, he will be a newfag and etc..
People get angry about those users but if they leave they will never learn about the subject and improve themselfs and will continue to say bullshit about the subject Y.

Containiment boards dont solve the problem, since this problem is a catch 22,
as some example you cant have a shcool with only good students (to avoid dumb people that will slow down the class with their dumb questions), because then no one will be able to learn and become smart, since dumb people arent allowed to go to school
>>
>>533813
Too bad post quality is inversely related to post rate on most boards. The best boards on this site for actual discussion are generally the slowest, nichest boards.

Allowing users to create their own boards would not only end up washing these out to make way for more /v/-like shitholes, but it would also make boards on niche topics too difficult for users to maintain properly.

tl;dr: fuck off to >>>/v/ dumb frogposter
>>
>>535873
maybe you should go there instead then
>>
>>533813
This isn't 8ch. That's all that needs to be said.

But in all seriousness this is a horrible idea and misses the point of 4chan entirely.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.