[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>racism used to be ironic on early 4chan! no one was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16
File: 1462315275707.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1462315275707.png
247 KB, 432x313
>racism used to be ironic on early 4chan! no one was actually racist!!
>>
>>532816
4chan's early racists didn't proselytize.
>>
File: 23412341234.gif (2 MB, 626x480) Image search: [Google]
23412341234.gif
2 MB, 626x480
4chan does a lot of ironic things which newbies think 4chan is being serious about.
>>
>>532816
racism went from irony to real because time went from 2003 to 2016
>>
>>532816
it wasn't racism for the sake of racism. it was racism for the sake of being edgy.

"pool's closed, nigger" became popular because they were used to shock habbo hotel users and it became even more popular when some half black woman got offended.

old 4chan racists were basically shock jocks. new 4chan is >>532820 who are genuinely racist.
>>
>>532946
But wasn't it the nigras closing the pool?
>>
>>532816
It's not that nobody was actually racist, it was that being racist in a funny way was more important than being racist.
>>
>>532816
the majority were racists, but not in a way that was shoehorned into every discussion. Its not even /pol/'s fault, its everyone trying to be an edgy little fuck because its their first time posting as anonymous
>>
One man's irony is another man's reality.
/Anonymous, 2016
>>
File: be7808_282734.png (90 KB, 910x269) Image search: [Google]
be7808_282734.png
90 KB, 910x269
haha totally 100% unironic lmao
>>
>>532993
If it was so ironic, why were all the SJWs that picture trying to shut it down?
>>
Anti-semitism didn't really exist on 4chan in the past.
>>
File: RSwPN.jpg (70 KB, 604x541) Image search: [Google]
RSwPN.jpg
70 KB, 604x541
>>533009
lol that sentence didn't make any sense but look how legitimately racist old 4chan was rofl
>>
>>532993
>2010
HAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 33797903.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>tfw you wasted 10 years of your goddamn life on this site
>>
>>533058
almost 8 years clocked in

>tfw you became an adult with 4chan
>>
>>533058
Same.
>>
File: 1421618782447.jpg (15 KB, 341x315) Image search: [Google]
1421618782447.jpg
15 KB, 341x315
>Habbo Hotel raids were still happening five years ago
>now anons are triggered by the N word

Literally what the fuck happened
>>
You weren't even alive at that time, OP.
>>
>>533058
Only ten?
>>
>>533079
Normalfags finding out about 4chan.
>>
I'm just going to speak on my experience on the internet in general back in that time period because I didn't come to 4chan until around 2008/2009

There was definitely a lot of racism, but most people were neither really racist or not. They just didn't give a fuck really, and I'm sure even a lot of people who were genuinely racist probably never even thought about actually identifying themselves as a "racist".

Racism was all over the place, but it wasn't for activism reasons, or to "red pill" or any crap like that. It was just there. People talked about it and joked about it just like we talk and joke about things like rape.

You know why most people didn't care? Because we were all losers just sitting at home being pieces of shit online. Race wasn't something you were confronted with on a daily basis, even if you were a true racist.

Now you have all these edge lords who think we give a shit if they're racist or not.
It's not the racism that's annoying, it's you.
The more you think you're shocking people online with your racism the more I think you're new to the internet, and the more you think racial issues are an important part of your life the more I think you're a normalfag who engages in all kinds of social activities.
>>
>>532830
who was it that said "a town of people pretending to be fools will eventually be found by real fools, believing they have found good company?"

that's basically what happened to 4chan
>>
>>533079
That was the final straw for 4chan imo
>>
>>533079
a lot of newbies dont know this basic rule of 4chan:
leave your morals by the door or dont enter
>>
>>533121
not sure who it was but this phrase perfectly sums it up
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (47 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
47 KB, 720x439
>D J AARON ELLIS
>>
>>532816
old 4chan certainly didn't have an arsenal of infographics and webms justifying their racism
How did we ever do without?
>>
i think it's weird people come to 4chan of all places to complain about racism. if you want a safe space go to reddit if not just ignore it and quit whining.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM
>>
>>533826
>ignore
But pretending to care often causes spergs to sperg out
>>
File: 1426366722438.png (257 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1426366722438.png
257 KB, 640x480
It was a different time. Sure, you had a couple of e-famous loonies like BitingBeaver, but SJWs and political correctness didn't really exist on the internet back then. Today, if someone talks about the difference between black people and niggers (you know that one Will Smith/Soulja Boy image), everyone will think of him as a racist. Back then, people posted that sort of stuff as anti-racist arguments and most who posted it probably thought of themselves as leftists.

I know this might be hard to understand for people who discovered the internet during the Obama administration, but you can call people faggots without being a homophobe, or niggers without being a racist.
>>
Look at South Park. 10-15 years ago, if you asked people if they thought the show was leftist or rightist, not only would they call it leftist, but they'd also call you a moron for asking a question with such an obvious answer. These days most people would probably call it rightist.
>>
File: flag.jpg (3 KB, 120x80) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
3 KB, 120x80
well you see 4chan is a safe space for racists

>post racism on facebook or twitter
get fired

>post racism reddit
get downvoted and shadow banned

>post racism on 4chan
and you may be in the company of many like minded people who are unbounded by the chains of political correctness
>>
>>537032
>well you see 4chan is a safe space for racists
It used to not be. Old 4chan used to rip into redneck neo-nazi racists as well. 4chan used to hate everyone, not trying to push some sort of anti-PC agenda. It simply was not PC, not anti-PC.
>>
>>537045
well the more pc the world becomes the more polticaly incorect ideas will exist in spaces that permit them to exist
>>
>>537106
Politically incorrect is different from being anti-PC. 4chan was not on a crusade against PC shit. It was just politically incorrect. I think it was gamergate that brought a flood of users that knew 4chan as that site where you don't have to be politically correct, and they brought their anti-PC anti-SJW agenda here, just like how you're confusing political incorrectness with anti-PC. The problem with the agenda pushers is they've brought their own brand of identity politics into it, and try to turn their agenda into a sacred cow. /b/, which was pretty much conflated with old 4chan, used to be the place with no sacred cows, not with alternative counter-culture, or as reddit would put it, alt-right sacred cows, except for maybe anonymity.

It used to be if you tried to push your own agenda or bring your identity into it, you were just making yourself a target.
>>
>>533079

Reddit, Tumblr and Facebook invaded. They're the same people who post on /qa/ and make up lies about how 4chan used to be PC.
>>
File: 1455659103695.png (47 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1455659103695.png
47 KB, 325x325
>>537110
>or as reddit would put it

Hey how about that. A redditor crying about Gamergate and making up revisionist history about 4chan. Never seen that before.

Go hang yourself nigger.
>>
File: 1448127503969.png (5 KB, 645x97) Image search: [Google]
1448127503969.png
5 KB, 645x97
>>536153

No joke, someone on another forum called South Park "right-wing extremist" because they dedicated a season to make fun of SJWs. And even that whole season was way too kind to them I guess because they didn't want to alienate them too much.

I don't know how you can consider yourself a leftists nowadays, these people have fucking lost their minds. Used to be that they respected freedom of speech to an extent and manliness and hated feminist bullshit at least on the internet but now it's just Orwellian shit, hugbox mentality, and faggotry everywhere.
>>
>>536153
Nonsense. See "South Park Republicans."
>>
>>537235
>look a newfag /pol/ with revisionist 4chan history calling someone reddit
>>
>>536153
I know people who actually think South Park is right wing because they did anti-SJW shit, and in their mind SJW is the left, and the left is SJW. They can't get it in their heads that SJWs are a small but vocal fringe part of the left.
>>
>>537045
This. It was all for the lulz.
>>
File: 1374520707491.png (76 KB, 838x473) Image search: [Google]
1374520707491.png
76 KB, 838x473
>>537315

You just admitted that you're a Redditor nigger.

4chan has always been and anti-PC, and anti-SJW. The fact that you seriously think it started in 2014 just shows how new you are, even if its current form it started way earlier than that. The only thing that happened is that SJWs invaded the internet, they got louder, and they went fucking crazy, so it galvanized people to reject their PC bullshit instead of being more passive about it. It's not enough that they imposed their standards in schools and Hollywood, they had to push their PC shit on the internet, in games and everywhere else. You have people turning the internet into censorship-ridden safe spaces and you wonder why a site like 4chan that has always enjoyed the internet as a Wild West could be against that. People came from places like Something Awful and they saw how political correctness fucked up their communities. And the fact that you call being against that an "agenda" just shows how deluded Redditors are.

>>537317

No Reddit, It's the "left" who thinks South Park is a right-wing show because they take any criticism of them and anything non-PC as "right-wing extremism". They're the ones who think SJWs represent them, and they do. Just like being to the right of Stalin gets you redirected to ">>>>>>POL" by Reddit leftists here, so they call anything that triggers them like South Park "right-wing Rethuglican".
>>
>>537616
>You just admitted that you're a Redditor nigger.
No, I used a term I knew I would get called reddit for using. Alt-right. It gets thrown around enough here that I don't need to use reddit to know the term, or know that people associate the term with reddit.

>always
>posts an image from 2013
Okay, so you have a picture of someone being edgy.

>And the fact that you call being against that an "agenda" just shows how deluded Redditors are.
You have your own sacred cows and turn almost everything into an us-vs-them. It's not old equal opportunity offender anymore. That's what makes it pushing an agenda.

>No Reddit, It's the "left" who thinks South Park is a right-wing show because they take any criticism of them and anything non-PC as "right-wing extremism". They're the ones who think SJWs represent them, and they do. Just like being to the right of Stalin gets you redirected to ">>>>>>POL" by Reddit leftists here, so they call anything that triggers them like South Park "right-wing Rethuglican".
This is how deluded you people are. You seriously think all people left-leaning are SJWs and SJWs represent all of the left.
>>
File: pol is satire.jpg (33 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
pol is satire.jpg
33 KB, 349x642
>>532816
There wasn't as much racism.
The racist posters also contributed good content, whereas now they only shitpost racist crap and go to other sites for "real" discussions
The racism was limited to /b/ and a few other boards. Now every board has white supremacists, and half the boards are overrun with them.
>>
>>537723
Also the fact that making fun of retarded rednecks and retarded racists didn't trigger the /pol/ internet defense force to start throwing reddit everywhere.
>>
>>537727
the "reddit boogeyman" shit pisses me off. it's used as nothing more than thought terminating bullshit to silence arguments against bullshit
>>
File: 1383888091535.png (36 KB, 760x797) Image search: [Google]
1383888091535.png
36 KB, 760x797
>>537727

Remember when you could make fun of thin-skinned faggots without triggering the reddit internet defense force to start throwing /pol/ everywhere? Good times.
>>
>>537716

Feel free to fuck off back to Rebbit at any time. No one is keeping you here.
>>
>>537723
>white supremacism is bad
Found the white guilt faggot
>>
>>537788
>>537912
>>538045
Why is /pol/ so thin skinned and easily triggered?
>>
>>538047

Why are anti-/pol/ faggots so thin-skinned and easily triggered? It gets tiring to argue with the same Reddit fags and concern trolls all day long, especially when they're obviously lying to your face and playing dumb.
>>
>>533826
>>537232
>>537235
>>537788
>>537912
>>538074
>>>/r/the_donald
>>
File: 4chandotnet.gif (12 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4chandotnet.gif
12 KB, 300x100
>>539941

>>>/r/SRS
>>
>>539965
Us 4-Channers huh??
>>>/r/4chan
>>>/r/mlp
>>>/r/minecraft
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.