[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't we just remove captchas all together?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1424902054206.png (199 KB, 355x268) Image search: [Google]
1424902054206.png
199 KB, 355x268
It's shit.

>HURR DURR JUST USE LEGACY

Legacy is shit also. Captchaless posting when? Give it a whirl Hiro, c'mon.
>>
>>532415
Please support 4chan by purchasing a 4chan pass.
>>
>plz make it easier for me to spam
no
>>
>>532415
spam
>>
>>532415
>Captchaless posting when
right now for the low low price of less than a coke a month
>>
>>532415
> Can't we just remove captchas all together?

congratulations for not knowing how we use captchas

prepare your life to be fucked by this plan:
1-Invent a bullshit reason to pass law or idea or modification X
2-Pass this law, put this idea into action...
3-Time pass
4-Change idea X to a hardcorer version of idea X or to the thing you really wanted, both stuff that contradict the reason that suposedly made the idea be needed
>>
All kidding aside I like how 8gag does it; solve a captcha and you're good for 24 hours.
>>
>>532851
>making Hiro's datamining even easier
Yeah, no.
>>
>>532415
Because bots would be out in full force within 12 hours. Think a little.
>>
>>532415
That's because you've only been on 4chan less than a year and don't remember the AnonTalk spam attacks.
>>
>>533611
More like 12 minutes
>>
I still remember when moot said they would just be a temporary solution. That was more than half a fucking decade ago.
>>
>>533586
>>533676
There's a reason why this place is called haIfchan.
>>
>>534755
protip: don't out yourself as being from 8gag by ever saying that word on any board here.
>>
>>534759
It's 9gag. What the fuck is 8gag?
>>
Mine are broken as fuck with the whole "click and it relaod a new picture" but god no captcha are necessary since Kimmo's bots are still running.
>>
>>533547
This anon gets it. Captcha is a funding mechanism.
>>
>>534789
lurk moar, you'll figure it out
>>
>>533611
>>533620
It was tried on /pol/ and you were wrong.
>>
>>534796
Nobody gives a shit about /pol/ though
>>
>>534796
the bots are aiming for board that existed in their time, so /a/, /b/, /v/, not the new ones.
>>
>>534995
If you're really worried about bots so old the statute of limitations has passed since their creation, in their time the posting URL wasn't HTTPS only.
>>
>>532415
this.

mjewt works for google, right? if hiro isn't getting paid for google to have their captcha on here then hiro is getting cucked hard. the captcha is providing invaluable training data for google's computer vision/AI system. we should get rid of the captcha just out of spite for gjewgle. at the very least, hiro should be getting paid some serious money for it.

we used to have captchaless posting and it was fine, i don't recall ever seeing a spam bot. it was supposed to be fucking temporary like >>533676 said.
>>
>first time ever to site
>hey buddy all you have to do is click "I'm not a robot" and you're good to go! have fun!
>post regularly, no bans, warnings, anything
>whoa hold up, you might be a spammer! gonna need you to identify this burger as a sandwich
>>
>>534796
Moderators didn't give a shit and wanted to watch the carnage plus everyone wanted to have fun.
>>
>>535057
i'm so sorry that you haven't been treated like the unique and special snowflake that you are. i'm so sorry. i'm so so sorry.
>>
>>536518
>error: you must select additional burgers
>>
>>536519
mods pls grant this anon captcha-free passage to posting glory
>>
>>536518
This guy just admitted to being that disgusting OC from Undertale. GET HIM!
>>
>>536521
psh, i was making a stupid Doctor Who reference plebn
>>
>>536515
Point is there were no spambots.
>>
how about lowering the price of 4chan passes? i think quite a few people would pay $5/year while most people would think $20/year is too expensive
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.