[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's not enough incentive to buy 4chan passes. Make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1463097003289.jpg (28 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
1463097003289.jpg
28 KB, 348x348
There's not enough incentive to buy 4chan passes.

Make a 4chan pass only board and I will buy it.
>>
Oh shit, that is actually a really good idea.
>>
File: 1463318137543.jpg (236 KB, 568x678) Image search: [Google]
1463318137543.jpg
236 KB, 568x678
pass only /a/ when?
>>
>>532146
Sounds good.
Also make their reports have priority.
A man's not going to make a false report when he could have his pass revoked for it.
>>
>>532182
If their reports had priority, that would make the mod more likely to see their report, putting them at a higher risk of getting their pass revoked. Did you think about that post?

Mods make the call to warn/ban you for false reporting while looking at your report. It's on a case by case basis.
>>
>>532184
>that would make the mod more likely to see their report, putting them at a higher risk of getting their pass revoked.
Is the report was a legitimate one, the pass wouldn't be revoked.
>>
>>532193
Same as how it is right now. So >>532182 makes no sense.
>>
>>532201
What?
What is your argument against this?
People with something to lose are less likely to make false reports, so theirs are more reliable.
It only makes sense as an extra perk.
>>
>>532203
They have something to lose no matter what. Wait, so did you suggest this in the first place because you WANT them to be more at risk? I guess that makes sense, especially if having a pass gets you a secret board.
>>
>>532212
I have no idea what you're saying.
A person without a pass can just reset his IP if he gets banned. If your pass is banned, you can't use it.
That puts more at stake.
>>
>>532214
Yes, I misunderstood and thought you were suggesting it to benefit them, but I realize now that you meant you wanted there to be more at stake for paying users. Sorry for the confusion, I understand now.
>>
>>532219
No, it would benefit them.
It means that a paying user on a less moderated board can get rid of rule-breaking content pretty quickly.
And it makes sense, since you wouldn't risk your pass to make a false report.
>>
File: bTZl7.jpg (396 KB, 1642x742) Image search: [Google]
bTZl7.jpg
396 KB, 1642x742
>>532146
So a 4chan equivalent to /r/lounge?
>>
>>532223
I mean, yeah, I can understand that. It's just that it's a double edged sword, like you also stated. Still, I'm in favor of it.
>>
>>532180
You want to make a 2016 version of fucking SA, do you? Jesus.

>>532184
>Did you think about that post?
I think encouraging mods/jannies to place biased report response towards those with paid posting sends an absolutely fucking horrible message as to the modus operandi of moderation and sets a terrible precedence. What the fuck is wrong with you? Mods do a shit enough job without giving them further reason to selectively ignore people as a means to encourage retards to hand over money for posting privileges. That's some Jews fear the samurai shit right there.
>>
What about you go back to fucking reddlt?
>>
>>532254
You know, SA is still around. SA is the 2016 version of SA.
>>
>>532263
2016 SA is nothing like 2004/5 SA. A paid access /a/ would be closer to what SA used to be like. It's now closer to Tumblr than 4chan.
>>
>>532265
...What exactly is your point then?
>>
>>532268
That making a paid access /a/ would be like making a 2016 version of the site 4chan moved away from on 4chan. Try to keep up, newfriend.
>>
>>532271
>Try to keep up, newfriend

Oh, now this is deliciously ironic coming from you.
>>
What the hell kind of false flag thread is this?
>>
>>532257
shut up
>>
>>532477
>false flag
>implying every idea you don't like is a SECRET BLACK OPS MISSION

What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>532229
This isn't necessarily what I had in mind, although this is probably the likely outcome of a 4chan pass only board.

I just want something more than being able to bypass captchas since 4chan didn't originally have captchas to begin with. Different colored text, exclusive access to something, anything that's actually worth throwing a few dollars at is what I want.
>>
>>532770
Your time and peace of mind is worth a few dollars. If you make a dozen posts a day on 4chan, you're probably spending hours a year solving captchas.
>>
>>532229
Don't pretend /r/Lounge isn't the best board on reddit though.
>>
>>532895
You're right, you know.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.