[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/news/ Bump Limit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1461864148793.gif (558 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
1461864148793.gif
558 KB, 500x288
>>>/news/42605
This thread was the last one on the board, so I replied to it stating that and said goodbye.
Now it's on the first page.
Has the two day bump limit been removed on /news/ - CURRENT News?
What the fuck?
>>
>>532128
It actually never was there to begin with. Basically it was a test of sorts. Mods said it to see if people would believe it without trying for themselves, and they did. Reminds me of this story about a man who had to escape a room, and never realized that the door was unlocked the whole time.
>>
>>532135
But I had commented like that on the last thread in the catalog once before.
It didn't bump back up.
I had replied to many older threads before.
You're full of shit.
>>
>>532138
Who's really full of shit here? You, the liar, or me, who has actually done that before? Nobody noticed because it's such a slow board.
>>
>>532142
I noticed.
I have replied to older threads before.
A mod must point this out for us.
>>
File: 05_8.jpg (172 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
05_8.jpg
172 KB, 900x600
>>532128
I noticed this too, it started maybe 2 weeks ago now. I'm stuck with a static IP and I don't want to break the rules and use a proxy so I have to wait 3 weeks to post more current news now for my previous ten /news/ threads to fall out of the catalog off page 10. Granted, I'm flattered that people like discussing the stories I post weeks later, but it seems like 2 or 3 or 4 weeks is too long a wait.

I disagree with >>532135
I think the 2 day limit did in fact exist from the beginning of /news/'s existence to about 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>533064
I want to take /qst/'s limit and give it to /news/.
>>
>>533074
I'm just happy not every story is /pol/ racebait.

However, getting rid of the 2 day limit allows the old /pol/ stories to be easily dredged up again, which stimulates arguing and thus traffic. I guess if that's what Hiro/mods had in mind by getting rid of the limit then mission accomplished, guys.
>>
>>533082
I hate that good stories die quickly while bait ones attract so many responses.
We're supposed to be a mature board.
>>
>>533101
Agreed, but controversy stimulates traffic, which I suppose is what the board needs more in the short term than quality...

I don't know if that's what the mods were thinking when they did what they did, but it has worked I think perhaps in unintended ways, like when 3 week old /pol/bait threads like >>>/news/40471 get revived and talked about now as where it wasn't noticeable before because those threads were autosaging after two days.
>>
>>533109
I want a mod to clear this up for us.
>>
>>532128
Bump.
>>
Bumping this thread because a news story I posted a month ago just got necro-bumped to page 1 on /news/ and now I won't be able to post another one until this one falls off page 10 in 2 or 3 weeks from now, provided nobody else bumps it.
>>
>>537652
I just reported it to the feedback page.
Can you do the same? Maybe they'll listen if we all ask.
>>
>>537683
The feedback page keeps telling me I got the captcha wrong when I google tells me it's correct. Weird.
>>
>>538246
aah got it through now. recaptcha was just being dickish.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.