[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this happen with files saved from 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-16-03-50-52.jpg (38 KB, 540x121) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-16-03-50-52.jpg
38 KB, 540x121
Why does this happen with files saved from 4chan?
>>
>>531942
Upload it to pomf.cat and link it so I can examine it.
>>
>>531978
What?

Im posting from my android phone and now any image for the last 6 months saved from 4chan and some other sites result in this.

yet the oldest saved image on my phone from 4chan can be posted so somethings changed

I'd like it to be fixed please
>>
>>532864
>6 months
it's actually closer to a year sorry
>>
>>532864
Okay? Upload it to pomf.cat and link it so I can examine it.
>>
>>532864
It's likely due to this:
https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/
Which Google has pushed into their products, such as Android.
Your file with have the extension png or jpg but if you open it up in something like IrfanView with the plugin pack that covers webp conversion
http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
you can get the program to make a true png/jpg copy of the file which will normally upload to various online sites.

Blame Google for once again pulling shit without telling people or asking people.
>>
>>532876
If it's a webp, it will show up as corrupted when trying to upload it to pomf and uguu.
>>
>>532880
No, it would show up as a webp.
>>
>>532880
Okay. I understand that you don't want help. Thread filtered.
>>
>>532886
I don't think that's the OP, that's just the person who responded with that webp guess.
>>
>>532880
I tested myself on pomf.cat and you can upload WebP files just fine. It doesn't recognize the filetype, but it doesn't fuck with the file.
>>
>>532885
>>532896
I'd suggest following the suggestion I outlined, and read the Google page. The problem is the header in the file and the reason why it shows up as corrupted is because of how Google converts the png/jpg to their webp.

>>532886
>Okay. I understand that you don't want help.
I've provided you with what is almost certainly the issue and one means of fixing this. Don't be a faggot or else next time I won't bother to help.

>>532896
>It doesn't recognize the filetype
See the first response in this post. It is due to how Google handled the conversion process and why you won't be able to notice this until you open the image in a program such as irfanview which will notice the header error straight away.

Open it corrupted image in Windows Photo Viewer, or whatever the default image viewer is. Explain what happens.
>>
>>532913
>I've provided you with what is almost certainly the issue and one means of fixing this. Don't be a faggot or else next time I won't bother to help.
I thought you were OP refusing to upload the image, retard. I didn't need your help.
>>
>>532915
>I thought you were OP refusing to upload the image, retard.
If that's the case you have fucking terrible reading comprehension.
>I didn't need your help.
Then fuck off and let the people who are being helpful, help someone who needs help.

You obnoxious little cunt.
>>
>>532916
What the fuck are you trying to help me for when OP was the one who needs help? I'm not OP and neither are you, so what the fuck are you talking to me for? You replied to me first, jackass.
>>
>>532913
Why does everyone think everyone is the OP even when they're obviously not?

If OP is even still here, she should follow what I suggested in the first post, which is upload the file elsewhere so we can examine what the problem is instead of making guesses.
>>
Read these posts in order.

>>531942
>>531978
>>532864
>>532876
>>532880
>>532886

"Why does this thing happen with no explanation?"
"Upload it to pomf so we can see."
"What?"
"Upload it to pomf"
"HELLO I AM NOT OP AND I AM REPLYING TO YOU SAYING SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SUGGESTION FOR SOME REASON. ARE YOU OKAY? MY NAME IS FUCKFACE MCFAGBAG."
"Nevermind. Thread filtered."

And then you turn into a bitch.
>>
File: 4801.jpg (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4801.jpg
35 KB, 800x600
>>532877
AAAA
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.