[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /qa/kers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1419195307503.jpg (485 KB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
1419195307503.jpg
485 KB, 1296x864
So I was reading somewhere that games usually take up 1 to 2 cores on your computer and the rest is GPU heavy. So theoretically, if I have a quad core cpu with 2.2ghz and a duo core with 3ghz would I be better off with the duo core? I've been researching it but I'm getting mixed results on google.
>>
File: whatlol.png (80 KB, 380x182) Image search: [Google]
whatlol.png
80 KB, 380x182
How slow is this board anyways? I've never actually used the question board.
>>
>>531584
That poor guy :( did he sell anything??
>>
>>531584
Generally, above 4 cores is overkill for most games.
Some titles can use up to 8, but they're few and far between.

As for your question, if both CPUs are built on the exact same architecture, the dual core will win in tasks that use no more than 1 or 2 threads.
The quadcore would allow you to run more things in the background without slowdown.
>>
Please, call us /qa/ncer, /qa/kers was our father's name
>>
>>531584
>>531594
We're the board for when mods, devs, or admin holds a Q&A.
We're just a shitposting board at other times.
>>
We're the board for westacucks to come feel better about themselves because their shitposting will get them banned on other boards.
>>
>>532121
/qa/ is already the worksafe /b/ people clamor for.
>>
File: qarks.png (2 MB, 1462x1400) Image search: [Google]
qarks.png
2 MB, 1462x1400
>>531584
You really can't generalize like that. it always depends on the dev and their skills. Tree of Savior runs weirdly low on every machine and likely only uses 1 core for example.

Also this board was a nice hidden meta board after moot and before hir. Now it's just /q/2.0 sadly.
>>
>>532159
I still have no idea what that third picture is supposed to be. Is it saying that the board is just two people talking to each other?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.