[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give /vj/ a chance!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 52751be45e028f7fdc05a27b1ac88cc9.jpg (552 KB, 1183x1331) Image search: [Google]
52751be45e028f7fdc05a27b1ac88cc9.jpg
552 KB, 1183x1331
Reasons why having a board dedicated to Japanese games only would be a thing:

- Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king.

- Western videogame fans are mostly 16-18 year old little shits who grew up with Call of Dewritos and Gears of Dudebros.

- Said type of people are probably the majority of /v/ at this point due to the board being only second to /b/ in terms of attracting underage cancer.

- Both of the fanbases hate each other, leading to many conflicts.

- AAA Western games are the main source of shitposting on /v/, almost all threads about them are shitflinging.

- The "/v/ or 4chan is for shitposting" mentality comes mainly from Western game fans. (cough, redditors, cough) as a result.

- Most of the on-topic discussion with little to no shitposting on /v/ is usually about Japanese games.

- Controversies related to politics/SJWs happen way more often in the Western gaming scene, almost every single modern Western game has something that can be related to SJWs in them, therefore leading people to inevitably talk about those topics which are only borderline related to videogames.

- Other things such as e-celebs and twitch faggotry are also part of the culture surrounding Western games.

- /v/'s growth in popularity has attracted the attention of Western viral marketers, both AAA and indie developers.

- /v/'s traffic is too big to be moderated effectively.

- And finally, Japanese stuff is the reason 4chan exists, so having another board dedicated to a Japan-related topic would be beneficial to the culture of the site.

I hope I managed to articulate all my points well.
>>
*would be a good thing

Fug.
>>
So many cute pictures of Arcueid and yet Tsukihime hasn't had a game in years. What a devoted fanbase.

Anyway, my only issue is that the name /vj/ sounds vaguely lewd.
>>
Reminder that all Nintendo games, Mega Man, Street Fighter and other fighting games would be moved to that board. They don't stop being Japanese game because they have a huge non-Jap fanbase
>>
What about other Asian games?

Tree of savior is south Korean
>>
>>531196
Agreed.
>>531204
I don't think there are enough prominent Korean games to be allowed on /vj/. That game would be a better fit on /vg/.
>>
>wanting a fifth video game board
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Just delete /vg/, /vr/ and /vp/ and keep /v/ in check.
>>
>>531207
Why not just make /va/ - Asian Video Games?
>>
>>531196
Fuck off and keep your video games to the video games board. Just because you let your board be ruined after splitting it so many times doesn't mean you can split it again because there are annoying people posting there.
>>
File: smug maid.png (610 KB, 629x569) Image search: [Google]
smug maid.png
610 KB, 629x569
>>531225
Because it sounds stupid. Japan is the only relevant country in Asia when it comes to videogames. Korean MMOs can be discussed on /vg/. That type of environment is perfect for the genre.

>>531222
>>531226
/vg/ and /vr/ are successful splits, and in my opinion, /vj/ would be the best of them all if it existed. It doesn't take a genius to realize most of /v/'s problems are related to Western games, their fans and the culture surrounding them.
>>
>>531230
No, that idea is stupid because it bans discussion of Korean MMOs from the rest of the site and forces people to only discuss them in generals. You're literally treating Korean MMOs like MLP.
>>
>>531235
Well, I don't think /vj/ would be worthy of being called "/va/" or "/ve/" just because of a single fucking genre. Not to mention both of the acronyms don't look very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
>>
>>531236
There are plenty of other genres of games that other Asian countries have dabbled in, many of which are getting a lot of exposure thanks to Steam (I'll pull up an example). More than enough to justify allowing them on the board alongside the Japanese games, since /v/ would still dismiss those games as "weebtrash" or what not. And yes, don't mention "aesthetically pleasing" because that is completely arbitrary.
>>
STOP EVERYTHING. I've just determined a huge issue. If this split were to happen, I couldn't creat threads like this: >>>/v/337670435
>>
>>531230

But normies wouldn't want to talk about other Asian games because it triggers them

I wouldn't mind it being called /vj/ but allow the now and again other asian game in there
>>
>>531239
You can't be fucking serious.

Korea and other Asian countries are non-entities in gaming compared to Japan.
>>
>>531196
> Western videogame fans are mostly 16-18 year old little shits who grew up with Call of Dewritos and Gears of Dudebros.
>Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king.
>Western game fans. (cough, redditors, cough)
Delete yourself you weeaboo faggot

>/v/'s traffic is too big to be moderated effectively.
You've clearly never visited, then
>>
File: 1460878487537.jpg (368 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
1460878487537.jpg
368 KB, 1200x877
>>531742
Someone is butthurt at obvious facts.

Go back to your Overshill viral marketing threads on /v/eddit/. This doesn't concern you.
>>
>>531196
No. Weebs are cancer.

>>531203
Don't forget Sony and Nintendo threads
>>
>>531765
Wow, I'm very impressed by your level of argumentation.

Did you get offended perhaps because you fit into the 16-18 year old stereotype of a brainless Western videogame fan whom I was talking about?
>>
>>531759
>>531774
Simply epic shitposts, have my upvote!
>>
>>531791
You don't have to hide the fact that you are redditor by a thin veil of irony. It's very obvious that you are.
>>
>>531196
>- The "/v/ or 4chan is for shitposting" mentality comes mainly from Western game fans.

WRONG. That mentality comes from /a/. Just look at the threads there, pure garbage. Shitposting is considered board culture (sakurafish etc).
>>
>>531196
So basically you want /v/ without the shitposting, viral, Redditors, ecelebs, and newfags.

Sign me up
>>
all these buzzwords

Personally I struggle finding a good nip game to play and a dedicated board would be usful
>>
>>531196
Would be nice if there is a board where visual novels can have exposure.
>>
>>532016
Oh, that's true. I'd love a board where we could discuss visual novels without having to either deal with the elitist snobs on /jp/ or pack ourselves like sardines into a single general on /vg/. Individual threads would be great.
>>
I don't see why the split wouldn't work

Imagine if /a/ and /co/ had to share a board
>>
>>532270
yeah because /co/ was totally a split from /a/, right?
retard
>>
>>532016
>what is /jp/
>>
>>531196
Its never going to happen and you're an idiot if you think there was a chance for it
>>
>>531196
> Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king
>Western videogame fans are mostly 16-18 year old little shits who grew up with Call of Dewritos and Gears of Dudebros

this is the worst case of fedora I've ever seen
>>
>>532279
2hu only board, nothing else welcome.
>>
>>531200
>Anyway, my only issue is that the name /vj/ sounds vaguely lewd.
That would be a problem considering Japanese games certainly don't have a large amount of erotic games and a penchant for lewd content that isn't as common outside of Japan, or anything.
>>
>>531723
>Korea and other Asian countries are non-entities in gaming compared to Japan.
Sure, if you're a pathetic EOP who has no comprehension of the gaming scene throughout Asia.
>>
>>532283
Try going to /jp/ at least once before commenting on it, shit for brains. They have dedicated threads to untranslated, translated and even live play through and live translation/commentary threads for VNs.
>>
File: 1459017125174.jpg (83 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1459017125174.jpg
83 KB, 540x429
>>532278
When did I say that?
You have no proof that I said /co/ was split from /a/
>>
>>532286
Yes, they do indeed have a general where people don't talk about VNs and instead just whine about Dovac all the time. And another one where they just keep talking about cucking. "Hanasaki Cuck Spring", hurr durr.
>>
>>532289
Nice cherry picking you fucking faggot.
>>
>>532293
Nice fucking cherries you picking faggot.
>>
>>532293
Saying "cherry picking" is basically admitting that the problem does in fact exist.
>>
>>532279
A lot of people don't know /jp/ exist. More people will go to a /vj/ than /jp/. Plus they stick to 2 generals. Individual threads don't get a lot of replies.
>>
>>532554
/jp/ isn't even a video game board really. It's a place where weebs just weeb out.
>>
>>532554
>>532555
yeah and the Rule clearly said that any japs VN thread goes to /jp/
>>
>>532593
No it didn't.
>>
File: yes it did.png (12 KB, 368x296) Image search: [Google]
yes it did.png
12 KB, 368x296
>>532602
>>
>>>/v/337816948

>redditor mods unironically leaving threads about cancerous e-celebs who have nothing to do with videogames up

Please fucking split this board already. I'm done with it.
>>
File: 1462683489693.png (301 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462683489693.png
301 KB, 800x1000
>>531196
Agreed 100%. You have my support.

A board about exclusive to Japanese games would be pretty high quality.

>>531742
>>531765
>>531791
>>531809
>>532281
Triggered westacucks lmao. Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>532661
>not a new IP
stop samefagging, OP
>>
>>532668
>straight up lying to further your agenda

Wow. I happened to check the thread earlier and I know you're full of shit, the IP count was 23 when >>532622 posted.
>>
>>532668
I'm: >>532622
>>
>>531196
You have my support, anon-sama.
>>
>>532672
I think you're the one with agenda here bozo
>>
Would a hypothetical /vj/ board be sfw or nsfw or sfw with exceptions like /a/ with nipples? I wouldn't care either way, but if its sfw lewd VN's need to be allowed, its annoying that they get deleted on /v/ when nsfw images from them aren't posted.
>>
>it's another thread about insufferable faggots that need their """safe space""" because they don't agree on certain group of people
I have an idea, why don't you people just go to reddit or dead chan and make a new subreddit or new board by yourself?
>>
>>532755
Some people are tired of the same shit about e-celebs, politics in games and other non video games related garbage.
>>
>>532755
>safe-space
You need to go back.
>>
>>532753
VNs aren't allowed on /v/? I saw a thread about VNs reach bump limit and archive there not too long ago. Anyway, they should definitely be allowed on /vj/ if the board ever gets made. /jp/ is too autistic about them with it's trademark elitism and /vg/ is just a giant circlejerk. They need some more exposure. I dunno about the NSFW or SFW thing, maybe allow NSFW images from games but only if they are spoilered.

>>532755
Fuck off with your crab mentality. We're trying to salvage the little worthwhile videogame discussion /v/ has to offer here.
>>
>>532764
>VNs aren't allowed on /v/?

>>532604
>>
>>532762
to /v/? gladly
can't say the same to you where you'd rather complaining why there's lack of japanese games here instead of creating a thread about japanese games on /v/
>>
>>532772
>/a/ - Anime & Manga

Give me something in /v/'s rules that say they are not allowed there. I saw several Stein's Gate, Katawa Shoujo and general VN threads reach the bump limit there before.
>>
>>532781
Officially, they aren't allowed, but they are.
>>
Are WRPGs fags that unbearable?
>>
>>532779
>making a jap game thread on /v/
good fucking luck if it isn't anything recent or doesn't have fanservice in it, the other problem with /v/ is how fast it is, I don't know why people think /v/ is fine it its current state
>>
>>532782
>Officially, they aren't allowed

There would need to be a rule in /v/'s section of rules saying that then. A rule for /a/ is not the same thing as a rule for /v/.
>>
>>532787
Because the majority stick to either shitposting, super popular games, or both.
>>
but reddit goes on /v/ and /vg/
>>
>>532800
They're also the most obsessed about Western garbage. Go to /r/gaming and you'll see nothing but mainstream Western trash for the first ten pages.
>>
File: 1447895106485.png (267 KB, 454x379) Image search: [Google]
1447895106485.png
267 KB, 454x379
>Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king.

>>>/vr/

Look at it. Look at the average quality of posts here, a board whose members are supposed to be in their 20s-40s.
>>
>>532827
I don't know how people can have the same conversation about an old game they've had for the 1 millionth time. How do they do it?
>>
>>532827
Well, it's what this guy here said >>532828 /vr/ has already kind of exhausted the majority of it's topics due to the board being deprived of new content to talk about, and this leads to low quality posts. The same kind of phenomena can be observed in several of /vg/'s generals when people insist on keeping them alive for too long. However, this problem wouldn't exist on /vj/ due to the constant flow of new content to talk about. It would be a high quality board all around.
>>
>>532836
>>532828

It's more than that. It's a small board with no mods, so a handful of people can shit up the entire board. There's one guy who has been making an "Overrated Games General" every week for a year.

Besides, by this logic the GGCX/Doom/retro computer generals would be the worst threads on /vr/, but they're fine.
>>
I like the idea, but its never going to happen. If you were to make this thread on /v/ right now the thread will not only get shitposted to death, but the mods will ban you for "off topic garbage"
>>
>>532870
The westacucks shouldn't have a say on this. Japanese games are literally what's holding that piece of shit board together. Everything else is just shitposting, shilling, memes, e-celebs and political discussion. If there was a way to make a poll about this where only fans of Japanese games would be allowed to vote if they wanted a split or not, I would do that in a heartbeat. So far only butthurt westacucks were against it ITT.
>>
>>532897
yeah, I also don't get the argument about 'splitting up the community', since when did /v/ ever have a community?
>>
What makes weeaboos truly insufferable on 4chan is that they think they're the saviors of the site, when they're just as shit as the rest of us.
>>
>>532914
Why do you have crab mentality and want the fans of Japanese games to suffer just as much as you do?
>>
>>531204
There should be an /mob/ or /mmo/ where multiplayer online games go. MMORPGs, MMOGs in general, MOBAs, Mechwarrior Online/World of Tanks/War Thunder type games, Counterstrike, TF2, maybe even mobile games and Kancolle.
>>
>>532914
Ha, only a pitiful westacuck could think like this. We're confident about it because we ARE in fact the people who will save this site from you newfags who have been dragging it down.
>>
I agree OP
It could serve as a containment board for weebs who will eat up any garbage as long as it has "cute anime girls"
>>
>>532977
And /v/ will serve as a containment board for westfags who want to post about e-celebs, politics and sjws instead of their garbage AAA cinematic games with QTEs
>>
>>531196
t. biased weeb who has never played a western game in his life
>>
Weebs should just migrate to another site purely for weeb stuff. You're just an annoying minority on this site now.
>>
>>531196
But what if the games are made in japan but are almost entirely western in their design?
Just look at silent hill, resident evil, dark souls, and MGS
>>
>>532996
Then only enter those threads. Not a big deal.
>>
>>531196
Fuck off and kill yourself retarded weebcuck
You are extremely biased and your idea is fucking stupid
You are why people hate weeaboos
>>
>>533067
No need to be so aggressive, m8.
>>
>>532996
>blurr hurr western design

They're Japanese games. They go on the Japanese board. Fuck you. Goddamn westerner jealous that we always get the good shit.
>>
>>532897
>>532661
>westacuck
where the fuck are you came from? weeb side of /r9k/?
>>
File: xyOSaCt.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
xyOSaCt.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>532994
>>
>>533160
i only ever see westacuck spammed here

not that other anon
>>
Westfags really get sensistive about this topic because they want /v/ to be a fast board where people reply to your bait/memes quickly

I can see why a split seems like a bad idea to them
>>
File: 1446065428670.jpg (526 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446065428670.jpg
526 KB, 750x1000
>>532992
>>532994
>>533067
>>533160
I see no real argument here, only butthurt. Everything OP said is pretty much factual.

Don't be mad that we don't want to be near your cancer anymore. You're going to have an entire board where you roll in your own shit and we'll have ours, so shut up.
>>
>>533163
oh you should see this kind of thread on /v/ then
>>
>>533171
Create one and prove it.
>>
File: CONFOUNDED.png (509 KB, 795x991) Image search: [Google]
CONFOUNDED.png
509 KB, 795x991
A /vj/ board would be met with the same amount of shitposting /v/ gets from outsider weebs from reddit and shitposters from /a/ and /m/ and gaia fags

creating a new board wouldn't change anything beyond the topic being shitposted about
>>
>>533175
but we wouldnt have to look at western garbage
>>
>>533175
It's much easier to moderate a slower board
>>
where would stupid roosters teeths anime game go
>>
>>533178
Where was it made?
>>
>>533177
This.

>>533178
Probably /vg/, the only place that would care to talk about it.
>>
>>533180
i presume Amerilands
>>
>>533174
why should I? I'm not the one complaining here

>>>/v/336785804

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/westacuck/

you faggots are no better than BF1 WE WUZ KINGZ shitposters
>>
>>533182
Then it would go on west /v/
>>
>>533175
>outsider weebs from reddit

Non-existent compared to redditors who go on /v/ because of memes and discussing the latest flavor of the month Western game.

>and shitposters from /a/ and /m/ and gaia fags

Non-existent compared to the shitposting about Western games and everything related to them.

Try again.
>>
File: chatting.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chatting.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>533177
>It's much easier to moderate a slower board

look at what happened to /g/

or /o/

sure it's easier but eventually the small board will get swarmed with shitposting and the mods and janitors will eventually abandon ship and then it's just filled with incredibly off topic shit that should belong on /a/ or regular /v/ or just shitposting
>>
>>533190
Trial it.
Give /vj/ a chance.
It will be one of the best boards on the site
>>
File: looking at a computer screen.gif (38 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
looking at a computer screen.gif
38 KB, 600x449
>>533188
>Non-existent compared to redditors who go on /v/ because of memes and discussing the latest flavor of the month Western game.

they'll just flock to /vj/ because it's a new /v/ board

>Non-existent compared to the shitposting about Western games and everything related to them.

do you think that won't happen to anime games

>why does everyone have the same face
>lol anime girl jiggle boob physics
>x is best gurl
>LOL
>my waifu is better than your waifu
no fabio, you put the coin in the slot machine and you try again
>>
>>533193
>they'll just flock to /vj/ because it's a new /v/ board

No they won't. They'll stay on the board about Western games because there will be nothing of relevance to them on the other one. They come to /v/ because of dumb memes, the "4chan is for shitposting, reddit is for serious discussion" mentality and of course, the mainstream Western garbage that they love. Don't believe me? Pay a visit to plebbit's /r/gaming subreddit.

>do you think that won't happen to anime games

Seriously, this is the best example of "shitposting" you can come up with? That's fucking nothing compared to the endless piles of shit found on threads related about Western games or the Western industry.

>why does everyone have the same face
>LOL

This is also shitposting coming from them. At least try to research the topic a bit before posting about this.
>>
File: image.png (294 KB, 392x714) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294 KB, 392x714
>>533201
what makes you think that /vj/ is impervious to shitposting
What makes you think that people won't flock to the new board to check it out?
People would probably like it and then proceed to dump their memes on it and shitpost
Hell, the board itself will probably get its own memes to shitpost and then it just becomes another shitty /v/ board all over again
>>
Reminder to make videogames fun again.
>>
>>533209
>what makes you think that /vj/ is impervious to shitposting

It wouldn't be impervious to shitposting, but the amount of shitposting found on it would be quite small compared to the Western gaming board.

>What makes you think that people won't flock to the new board to check it out?

That only happens in the very beginning of the board's creation. After people are done checking it out, the userbase will stabilize. /his/ is a good example of this.

>Hell, the board itself will probably get its own memes to shitpost and then it just becomes another shitty /v/ board all over again

Unlikely. That didn't happen with /vr/ or /vg/. They fulfill their purpose just nicely.
>>
>>531196
> Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king.
>Western videogame fans are mostly 16-18 year old little shits who grew up with Call of Dewritos and Gears of Dudebros

>implying implication

>AAA Western games are the main source of shitposting on /v/, almost all threads about them are shitflinging
and jap game threads aren't? see #FE and DOAX3 threads

>The "/v/ or 4chan is for shitposting" mentality comes mainly from Western game fans. (cough, redditors, cough) as a result
/v/ full is shitposters are because you faggots encourages crossboarders and outsiders with (You)s instead of report and hide them, not because of western game fans

>Most of the on-topic discussion with little to no shitposting on /v/ is usually about Japanese games
confirmed crossboarder. Battlefront sans EA, FTL, Dead Space, STALKER, and RTS threads are the most civil threads I've ever seen on /v/
>>
>>533220
Same stubborn faggot, arguing the same points that have already been refuted, again and again.
>>
>>532787
see? you're just proving my point
you'd rather complain here instead of making a jap games thread there
>>
>>533221
refuted what?
the only point you ""refute"" so far in this thread is "/vj/ will be free of shitposting because japanese games are better than western games" which is just superiority complex towards western games

you don't want a better /v/, you just feel insecure because the existence of western games make you uncomfortable

fuck you. /v/ is the only place I like where I can discuss Project Diva and Dead Space under the same roof
>>
>>533227
Look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhG02AWfoU
>>
File: 1450565237477.png (1 MB, 1832x1538) Image search: [Google]
1450565237477.png
1 MB, 1832x1538
>>533227
Are you really this deluded as to think the modern Western videogame industry isn't everything that's wrong with videogames these days? Go to any thread related to this on /v/ and you'll see nothing but people agreeing with everything we're saying here and shitting on Western devs and Western games. The westacucks quickly run out of arguments.

I don't even want to address the rest of your shitty post, because it's just a strawman.
>>
File: 1463474927354.png (1 MB, 1832x1538) Image search: [Google]
1463474927354.png
1 MB, 1832x1538
>>533235
Enhanced it a bit.
>>
File: 1449226473491.jpg (256 KB, 1634x530) Image search: [Google]
1449226473491.jpg
256 KB, 1634x530
>>533235
>>
File: westacucks btfo.png (80 KB, 1857x283) Image search: [Google]
westacucks btfo.png
80 KB, 1857x283
>>533240
u wot m8.
>>
>>533241
God damn I miss those days.
>>
>>533235

Posting this image on /v/ would get you banned for instigating a flamewar. As would engaging in childish namecalling like "westacuck".

And since you pulled the strawman card I'd also note you're engaging in argumentum ad populum when you claim everyone agrees with you.
>>
File: 1463474927354-2.png (2 MB, 1832x1538) Image search: [Google]
1463474927354-2.png
2 MB, 1832x1538
>>533242
Did a bit more. Little something to use if you're feeling particularly feisty.
>>
>>531196
>Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature
>Western videogame fans are mostly 16-18 year old little shits
>AAA Western games are the main source of shitposting on /v/

Holy fuck, you can't make this shit up, weeaboos shitters are so fucking deluded it's unbelievable.

If you fagots want to suck Japan's cick so much, how about you learn Japanese and fuck off to 2ch instead?
>>
>>533246
Oh shit, you're the guy who made the typo and called us weeabosses.
>>
>>531759
>>532661
>>532803
>>532897
>>532964
You have been forcing this westacuck meme for months, kill yourself you worthless waste.

>>533183
He's fucking pathetic, seriously
>>
Note the language the pro-/vj/ anons use. Then, note the language the anti-/vj/ anons use. Very telling.
>>
>>533250
>You
>He's

Accusing people of samefagging just because you don't like what they're saying. So pathetic it makes me laugh. You want a hugbox or something? 'Cause this place ain't it.
>>
>>533252
>You want a hugbox or something?
LMAO that's exactly what weeaboo scum like you wants.
>>
>>533254
Funny because you're the one begging for it right now.
>>
>>533235
>>533240
>>533245
>weeaboos get BTFO so they resort to making bullshit infographics
You can't make this shit up

>>533251
The first group speaks like smug and passive agressive cunts from reddit, the second one speaks like old 4chan users.
>>
>>533258
Yes, the first group is smug, but the second group acts like they got here yesterday. Unnecessary profanity, memes like cuck, and the great "kill yourself". Notice how emotional they (you) are. Emotional people shouldn't have a say, sorry.
>>
File: we want the SJW audience.png (2 MB, 1397x873) Image search: [Google]
we want the SJW audience.png
2 MB, 1397x873
>>533244
>Posting this image on /v/ would get you banned for instigating a flamewar

We literally had a thread about this yesterday. This image was posted there: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/337760406/

>As would engaging in childish namecalling like "westacuck".

They call me "weeaboo", "weeb" or "weebshit". Why am I not allowed to call them for the cucks that they are? That's the only kind of people who enjoy modern Western games: cuckolds.

>And since you pulled the strawman card I'd also note you're engaging in argumentum ad populum when you claim everyone agrees with you.

It's not ad-populum at all, you imbecile. I'm not claiming the arguments are right because many people believe in them, the arguments speak for themselves, people agree with them because they make sense. It was just an example.

>>533246
Oh look, another westacuck who just gets butthurt and doesn't have any real arguments. Explain how any of this is wrong. You can't. Fans of Western games are obviously younger than fans of Japanese games due to the fact the West only took over the videogame industry less than a decade ago. And if you think most of the shitposting on /v/ doesn't come from the latest flavor of the month shitty Western game you're retarded.

>>533258
No. You don't have any arguments. You're just a butthurt retard calling people names.
>>
>>533258
YOUR
BUTT
IS
FUCKING
OWNED
>>
>>533261
Source of the THICK!!!! anime girl? Is she from Indivisible? Also I legitimately do not see how anyone could find Zarya unattractive.
>>
>>533255
Japanese /v/ is a fucking terrible idea and it would only turn into another retarded cicrlejerk full of waifufags and other cancer like /a/ but with zero awareness.

>>533259
>Unnecessary profanity
You should see how much people swaer at each other

>memes like cuck
You started calling others westacucks you imbecile

>and the great "kill yourself"
Again see how retards on /a/ constantly use it.

I have experience with both boards, /a/utists and /v/irgins are both equally cancer.

>Emotional people shouldn't have a say
Oh and here's your fedora.
>>
>>533267
No, no, westacuck is completely different from cuck. In this context, it has an actual meaning. When the word "cuck" is used, by itself, it's always a shitpost.
>>
>>533261
>>533262
>retarded weeaboo can't make any arguments so he keeps spamming westacuck and calling people butthurt.
The absolute worst scum, every time you challenge, the just keep deflecting and when you show any emotion, they just scream butthurt, you can't win against idiots like these.
>>
>>533267
>Again see how retards on /a/ constantly use it.

I literally never see this. It's always on the westacuck containment boards like /pol/ and /tv/.
>>
>>533261
>No. You don't have any arguments. You're just a butthurt retard calling people names.
Oh, the fucking irony.
>>
>>533268
trying too hard there bud
>>
>>533269
Emotion is a weakness. Discard it if you want to live... kid.
>>
>>533266
>THICK
Fuck off and die stupid hambeast lover
>>
>>533268
>it has an actual meaning
The word cuck also has a meaning

>>533272
So you never actually went to /a/

Fucking cucks.
>>
>>533277
THICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1406204769879.jpg (52 KB, 557x711) Image search: [Google]
1406204769879.jpg
52 KB, 557x711
>>533275
>Emotion is a weakness. Discard it if you want to live...
>>
>>533269
Because you are retarded, butthurt and without any real arguments. I'm calling you for what you are while at the same time providing actual arguments to the conversation.
>>
>>533281
I know what you're doing and I'm not falling for it.
>>
>>533282
>Because you are retarded, butthurt and without any real arguments

So now weeaboo is just shamelessly resorting to as hominems because he got called out.

I don't even need to make any arguments because you're making a complete idiot out of yourself.
>>
>>533286
>I don't even need to make any arguments because you're making a complete idiot out of yourself.
>>
>>533282
And do you really expect people to take you seriously with this passive aggressive tone typical for raging /a/utists?

There are no arguments to make because all your arguments are based on bullshit evidence and wishful thinking.
>>
>>533286
>Explain how any of this is wrong. You can't. Fans of Western games are obviously younger than fans of Japanese games due to the fact the West only took over the videogame industry less than a decade ago. And if you think most of the shitposting on /v/ doesn't come from the latest flavor of the month shitty Western game you're retarded.

It's convenient how you completely ignored this part of my post, isn't it.
>>
>>533290
>Fans of Western games are obviously younger than fans of Japanese games
Nice bullshit claim with no evidence.

>West only took over the videogame industry less than a decade ago
That's again false, west had infuence on games since the 70's.

>And if you think most of the shitposting on /v/ doesn't come from the latest flavor of the month shitty Western game you're retarded
Most shitposting comes from off topic "culture" threads that have been there for years.

It's funny how conveniently you dumb weebs conveniently try to simplify everything.
>>
So go fuck yourself, your stupid idea will never happen.

A second /v/ board for less strict game culture and off topic discussion would be a better idea.
>>
>>533293
>>533295
Man, imagine how mad you are. You're like "You know what, I'm so angry that a single post won't do it. I've got to make another!
>>
>>533295
Nah.
>>
>>533296
>I can't even make a proper response I'll just keep calling him mad

Typical /a/utist response lmao

Seriously learn Japanese and go to one of the Japanese chans if you want board only for weebshit so much.
>>
>>533293
>Nice bullshit claim with no evidence.

The evidence is right under your nose. Almost everyone who likes Japanese games grew up with them in the 90s and early 00s. Japan owned 50% of the global videogame market back in 2002. This number is only 10% in modern times, therefore kids are being more exposed to Western games than Japanese.

>That's again false, west had infuence on games since the 70's.

The West was responsible for causing the great videogame crash of 83 and Japan brought gaming back from the grave and started the golden era of videogames which went from 1983 to 2006 until the West took over and fucked up everything again.

>Most shitposting comes from off topic "culture" threads that have been there for years.

Like what? These threads are usually deleted since they are off-topic. Shitposting about AAA garbage stays up because it's "on-topic".
>>
>>533302
If you continue to be mad, of course I'm going to keep calling you mad. You know why? Because it pisses you off.
>>
>>533295
We don't need another board for cancerous garbage. We need to salvage the little of decency /v/ has to offer. It's been proven that splits can be successful. /vg/ and /vr/ are both way better than /v/.
>>
>>533303
>Almost everyone who likes Japanese games grew up with them in the 90s and early 00s
>us 90's kids XD
lmao I'm really sure all these waifu spammers and nintendo manchildren did

Japanese market is obviously decreasing because modern Japanese games are shit.

Seriously, there is about equal ratio of good do bad games on west and east, but weeaboos only focus on bad Western games and ignore all the Japanese shovel ware.

>>533305
>vg/ is way better than /v/.
Ok so you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>533308
>Almost everyone who likes Japanese games grew up with them in the 90s and early 00s
i still can't believe this makes you relatively old on 4chan these days

why did i squander my youth in this shithole
>>
>>531196
>/a/ board filled with waifu wars, censorship whining, nintoddlers, sonyggers and even more smug anime shitposting

Fucking perfect idea
>>
>>533312
Consoles wouldn't be allowed, to minimise shitposting. It would be handheld and pc only.
>>
>>533311
Perhaps because you're retarded? Get out of here and play some video games. Do you want to know how to get a free Steam copy of a game called Two Brothers? I can hook you up.
>>
>>533316
>Consoles wouldn't be allowed
That's fucking stupid, a majortiy of Japanese games are console exclusive.
>>
>>533320
Unfortunately.
>>
>>533317
that's probably the right answer actually

i've got my own backlog to work through, but thanks for the offer. maybe i'll even hack at it a bit today
>>
>>533308
>lmao I'm really sure all these waifu spammers and nintendo manchildren did

Why wouldn't they? People like Nintendo games because they bring good memories of their childhood and waifufags don't really give me the impression of being underage.

>Japanese market is obviously decreasing because modern Japanese games are shit.

No. It's decreasing because they aren't following the same trend as the Western market. Read this image. And you're still wrong. The best modern games are still Japanese, they're just less popular with retarded hyperactive children and shallow dudebros which comprise the majority of the fanbase of Western games.

>Seriously, there is about equal ratio of good do bad games on west and east, but weeaboos only focus on bad Western games and ignore all the Japanese shovel ware.

Then how do you explain the fact that I haven't enjoyed any Western game since 2007? Jap games are still good sometimes. Western games are all trash.

>Ok so you don't know what you are talking about.

Outside of a few shitty generals which are past their expiration date I don't see why this is untrue.

>>533311
That would put you in the 24-30 year old range, yes. I grew up with Japanese games in the 90s when I was a kid and played them in my adolescence through the early 00s. I'm 24 and a half years old.
>>
>>533258
Did anyone notice that this idiot literally took an infographic with Littlefinger in it seriously? Stop wasting your time on him, he's just trying to troll and doesn't actually care whether or not /vj/ gets created.
>>
File: 1463378717185.png (44 KB, 631x408) Image search: [Google]
1463378717185.png
44 KB, 631x408
>>533326
Forgot the image.
>>
>>533266
Well you fuckers were useless. Yes, she is from Indivisible after all. Her name is Phoebe apparently.
>>
>>533329
Gran
>>
File: asteroids.jpg (18 KB, 622x478) Image search: [Google]
asteroids.jpg
18 KB, 622x478
>>533326
>The best modern games are still Japanese
>Western games are all trash.
this is why people can't take you guys seriously (the same could be said to the other side)
you guys just acting like grade schoolers telling each other "my toy is the best, yours suck"
for 20+ year old dudes, you guys sure aren't acting like one

>>531196
>Fans of Japanese games tend to be older and more mature on average due to them growing up in the golden age of videogames when Japan wuz king

by that logic western game fans are the oldest and most mature because they were born in the creation of modern video games
>>
>>533371
>Asteroids
>good

Imagine seriously believing this.
>>
>>533371
I'm not allowed to have my own opinion now? Sorry, but I just don't see the appeal in modern Western games. They are too casualized and have too much political agenda bullshit in them. I liked some Western games like Doom, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, etc back then, but nowadays they're pretty much all universally trash despite them being way more popular than before.

>by that logic western game fans are the oldest and most mature because they were born in the creation of modern video games

No one remembers that era fondly though. It was too primitive and full of shitty games everywhere to the point the market suffered a crash and Japan intervened bringing numerous innovations and quality control to the field. A similar scenario is developing in modern times. History repeats itself.
>>
File: qt jeonghwa.jpg (894 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
qt jeonghwa.jpg
894 KB, 1365x2048
Why shouldn't there be a split, other than muh feelings?
>>
It's pretty problematic because some games that are originally japanese now got big and cater to shitty western audiences.
>>
It's always funny seeing people trash jap games while also saying in the same sentence that /v/ should never be split again, why do these people even want jap games to stay on /v/ then?
>>
>>533404
They aren't trashing jap games you twit, they are calling the opinions of the board split supporters stupid.
>>
>>533404
Basically this:

>>523216
>>533169

This is why westacucks shouldn't have a say on the matter. Hiro and the mods should only listen to the Japanese side whether they want a split or not.
>>
File: image.png (199 KB, 376x302) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199 KB, 376x302
Could someone please give me a good credible reason for a /vj/ board besides "it won't get shitposted to death" and "I don't want western trash touching my Nippon beauty"
>>
>>533430
OP already outlined most of the good reasons for it.

The tl;dr is that it would be a less underage, less cancerous and less political version of /v/.
>>
>>533427
>westacucks
Shut the fuck up already you fucktard
>>
>>533430
>"it won't get shitposted to death"
Isn't that a good enough reason?
>>
File: how to deal with feminists.png (354 KB, 725x684) Image search: [Google]
how to deal with feminists.png
354 KB, 725x684
>>533438
>triggered
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 296x332) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 296x332
>>533432
>Less Underage
Got statistics to prove that
>less political
/vj/ is gonna have those same Twitter threads any other board has
>"look at what X said about how he's not gonna let some SJW tell home what to do isn't Japan based!!!"

>less cancerous
It's gonna be filled with /a/utist and /v/irgins
The only difference would be thy the user base has been split up
>>
>>533450
>Got statistics to prove that

Read the thread.

>/vj/ is gonna have those same Twitter threads any other board has

That would be a drop in the bucket compared to the extremely political nature of Western games.

>It's gonna be filled with /a/utist and /v/irgins

It's going to be a board for fans of Japanese games who are already on /v/. They wouldn't pop out of nowhere and their behavior and the threads that they like to participate in wouldn't change.

>The only difference would be thy the user base has been split up

Yes, and why is this bad thing? It would be just separating the good from the trash.
>>
>>533443
b-but /v/ will shitpost with all of their might on /vj/, nevermind that this has no basis in reality and places like /vg/, /vr/ and /vp/ get no shitposting from /v/ whatsoever and people will get bored of trolling the freshly made board after a week
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 180x148) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 180x148
>>533455
>vg/, /vr/ and /vp/ get no shitposting from /v/ whatsoever and people will get bored of trolling the freshly made board after a week

/vg/ and /vr/ have their own type of cancer because of how specific their boards are

>/vg/ is nothing but circle jerking
>/vr/ is just shitposting because they have exhausted all topics

/vj/ would be cancer from all the weebshitting and waifu posting

One thread you're talking about FE and then it turns into an image dump of Tifas tits
>>
>>533430
I might sound a bit saddish but I'm genaiually getting into all this weeb shit, leanring jap and I would love to start playing some Jap games

I feel my autism wont be welcomed as much on /v/ as it would be on a /vj/
>>
>>533456
It's clear that you are just a shitposting westacuck at this point. Leave this thread and let the people who are actually interested in discussing the topic in a serious light to post here only.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 569x802
>>533464
>REEEEEE GTFO OUT OF MY THREAD WESTAKEK

I won the argument I guess
>>
>>533468
>westakek
>kek

Nope you lost because you made a mistake. Get owned nerd.
>>
File: 1415885917454.jpg (12 KB, 261x196) Image search: [Google]
1415885917454.jpg
12 KB, 261x196
>>533464
>>533468
>>533473
Let's be honest none of us are winners here
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>533473
>lol you made a typo I win

Wew lad
>>
>>533475
>image.jpg

Dumb phoneposter. *smirk*
>>
>>533456
>>533468
>>533475
>3 image.jpgs in row, all shitposts

when is gook moot gonna ban phone IPs
>>
>>533475
not an argument
>>
>>533266

Fuck off tumblr.
>>
>>533480
When they fully fix LaTeX on /sci/.
>>
File: image.png (230 KB, 316x508) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230 KB, 316x508
>>533489
>lel you made a mistake get owned nerd

Not an argument
>>
>>533494
Shut the fuck up, retard.
>>
>>531196
/jp/, /vr/, and /vg/ already fill all of the niches that a /vj/ board would fill.

There's already no reason to use /v/, actually, Japanese games or not.
>>
File: 1328899422480.jpg (265 KB, 423x590) Image search: [Google]
1328899422480.jpg
265 KB, 423x590
>>533537
>triggered fattyfucker

No, fucking kill yourself with your thick meme and shit taste in women. You spam and force this garbage on every board.
>>
https://www.4chan.org/feedback

Suggest it senpai
>>
>>533542
You mad I called you out, retard? Shut the fuck up, retard.
>>
Look how angry they get when we call them westacucks. They try to pretend it's not catching on to attempt to dissuade us from saying it, but it's clearly working. Keep saying it.
>>
>>533550
They get mad because it makes you look like a retard, and nobody likes arguing with retards. Either it's too easy or the 'tard just shuts them down by not listening to the argument.
>>
>>533550
Diabolical, mate. Our expertly-crafted words will surely sway the unwashed hordes of anime-obsessed manchildren to our machinations.
>>
File: 1429228776235.jpg (118 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1429228776235.jpg
118 KB, 640x718
>>533548
>U MAD
>le "call out" meme

Yep, it's tumblr.
>>
>>533553
This already feels like a /vj/ thread
>>
File: 1299480953384.png (202 KB, 352x374) Image search: [Google]
1299480953384.png
202 KB, 352x374
>>533554

wut? I don't actually care one way or the other about splitting /v/ again, I play both Western and nip games, I just think faggots like this are insufferable.
>>
Awful idea, might as well make boards for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft

>>533972
Fuck off and kill yourself

sage
>>
>>533980
Your posts are awful. Improve yourself, if you're going to make yourself public. Unsage.
>>
>>533980
You're not suppose to annouce sages
>>
File: 1430975474944.gif (124 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
1430975474944.gif
124 KB, 590x333
>>534459
He probably thinks it's a downvote or something
>>
>>534472
Considering he's a trip it doesnt surprise me
>>
>>534472
>>534495
le epic meme
>>
>>534504
Can we keep to the discussion what the OP is suggesting? We shouldn't there be a /vj/ board
>>
>>534505
All the points have already been discussed. All that is left are just the requisite bumping and shitposting from trying to get you to support their side of the argument.
>>
>>534505
No because OP is a raging homosexual
>>
>>534517
Not an argument

>>534509
how do we get hiro to see this
>>
>>531196
DO IT HIRO !
>>
>>534535
>Not an argument

What are you talking about? That is a very strong argument.
>>
>>534540
This is 4chan, everyone is a faggot. Therefore it is never an argument, newfag.
>>
>>534541
What the HELL are you saying? Here on 4chan we discriminate strongly against faggots, as you just demonstrated. Thus, a person being a faggot is good evidence that they should not be listened to. We don't allow faggots to have a say around here.
>>
>>534545
'not an argument' is a forced meme, used in the same way 'u mad?' used to be. Just ignore faggots who think it's funny, it'll die off eventually.
>>
>>534545
>>534553
Both of these are not an argument
>>
>>534535
>>534553
>>534560
Fuck off Stephan Molyneux
>>
>>534566
Oh is he in this thread? That guy's a hero
>>
>>534553
Actually, this thread has given me the idea to start using it to combat shitposters. "Blah blah Undermeme is a shit game go back to tumblr with your bullshit" "Not an argument"

I think it could work really well.
>>
>>534568
>>>>>>>>undertale

Yeha please fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>534570
Not an argument
>>
File: aoWKsYi.png (4 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aoWKsYi.png
4 KB, 640x480
>>534570
>Yeha

yee haw
>>
>>534573
Well it is,
1.because tumblr will put up with your suicide teen shit
2. You have to be over 18 to post on this site
3. you like a game which panders to the SJW sterotype
>>
>>534584
Not an argument
>>
>>534586
yeah no you're a faggot, you can use that once you provide somthing useful and refute the main point but no, you can't

this is a discussion abouut /vj/ not you projecting because you dont know how to deal with your own emotions
>>
>>534589
Not an argument
>>
>>534594
>>534586
>>534573

none of these are arguments
>>
>>534584
>suicide teen shit

This is interesting, because you are clearly shitposting but you are obviously a big fan of the game to say something like this.
>>
>>534617
NOT
AN
ARGUMENT
>>
Why is it that anytime a /v/ split is brought up people go crazy saying /v/ needs to stay the same, or that the other splits were a mistake? Can you imagine how unreadable /v/ would be with pokemon and long term multiplayer game threads like LoL or Dota on /v/ still?
>>
>>534629
Removing games from /v/ was and will always be a bad idea
>>
>>534628
I'm not here to argue. I'm asking you a question.
>>
>>534629
I had a pretty good LoL thread just a couple weeks ago though. People on /v/ are happy to discuss the game as long as it's not a general... although they treat it like a general and pick these threads to discuss random things about the game anyway. But at least it's ABOUT the game and not about "hello how is your morning friends" like the official generals.
>>
>>534629
pfft, I doubt people who /v/ split even play video games
>>
>>534648
*who want
>>
just give /vj/ a chance
>>
>>534656
Yeah. If it's just a trial board, it should be fine. If it really doesn't work out, you can just delete it.
>>
Undertale is indeed a recommendation from me as well. There's a reason why I don't call anything that isn't cancer "cancerous". I've lost close friends and family to the cellular anomaly. That reason explains why I called it "over-zealous" and not "cancerous". Besides, the crazy fans are more akin to a rabid pack of dogs that need to be tranquilized than an abnormal cellular mitosis. The haters are just as bad (if not worse) as most do nothing but complain about them (who for some lack of reason blame the game also, which is innocent in all of this crap). The only people who win are the good sides of the fandom, who are trying their hardest to stay out of the "Hater-Zealot war" going on. I know I am.

Now I'm gonna go listen to a violin/guitar remix of "Snowy" on Youtube. It's a balm for the soul. See you later, Fedexxy! You too commander cool!
>>
File: 1463598967116.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1463598967116.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1044
>>531196
>modern Western games are shit

New DOOM just came out and it kicks ass, it's much better than all of your stupid waifu bait trash
>>
>>534738
>doom
>bethseda
>gutting the game to fit the target audiance of the destiney scene
>thinking this generic garbage is good

baka
>>
>>534738
Call me when Western games can write beautiful bromances like JRPGs do.
>>
File: 1362844881394.png (25 KB, 190x194) Image search: [Google]
1362844881394.png
25 KB, 190x194
>>531196
Yes, your wishful hypotheses that lack any sort of empirical data whatsoever are great reasons to create a new board! Scrolling through this thread, I can already see the high-quality posting from our anti-westacuck community! Keep making this thread every time the last one archives, Hiro is very impressionable!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.