[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a /v/ for Japanese games? /v/'s catalog is full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1458149877994.jpg (1 MB, 2339x1695) Image search: [Google]
1458149877994.jpg
1 MB, 2339x1695
Can we have a /v/ for Japanese games?
/v/'s catalog is full of memes
>>
That's a boring discussion topic. Instead, let's talk about how Shinoa is perfect.
>>
/v/ really should be split up into like 5 boards.
>>
File: anime girl 103.png (97 KB, 244x223) Image search: [Google]
anime girl 103.png
97 KB, 244x223
>>521603
You're a meme.
>>
>>521603
All actual game discussion is on /vg/, just make a weeaboo game general or something.
>>
>>521671
This. The problem is that on top of that discussion, there's a lot of "general culture" off topic bullshit to sift through. So you have to make a new general and ensure that it does not become a recurring general because then it will draw in "comfyfags" who ruin everything.
>>
>>521603
No.
>>
Make a thread on /jp/.

Everyone always forgets /jp/ exists.
>>
>>521739
Except, ironically, for the /jp/ janitors, who would delete that thread instantly and possibly put in a ban request.
>>
>>521741
There's loads of threads discussing video games on /jp/. I mean right? I admit I've never posted there and only think this because I clicked it on a whim earlier today but I think I remember seeing some vidya threads. Id on't know.
>>
>>521603
>>weebs rping will not spam memes
>>521741
No one gets banned if they make a reasonable thread. Typemoon threads stay up, yume nikki threads stay up, deepseaprisoner threads stay up. The only stuff deleted are blatanrt TRANSLATE IT WEEBS request and /pol/ ridden shit.
>>
>>521746
Only specific types of video games that they decided "belong" on /jp/, like Kantai Collection, visual novels, and that Nutaku crap. If you're looking to discuss a more mainstream genre like JRPG, the janitors won't allow it.
>>
>>521754
Actually, not really. It's because most of the posters don't want to move and the mods are too lazy to enforce it so they just follow the wishes of the majority.
>>
>>521747
>The only stuff deleted are blatanrt TRANSLATE IT WEEBS request

I've actually never seen threads like that deleted, which is annoying because those posts are fucking dumb. How something so stupid was allowed to become a meme without being laughed off the site is beyond me.
>>
>>521776
So you're saying that if the majority wanted JRPG threads, the mods would be okay with it?

Now that I think about it, I do remember /jp/ having Mabinogi threads back in the day. Which is weird because not only is it an MMO but it is Korean. But that was before moderation really started happening. I assume they'd at least try to keep it Japanese nowadays.
>>
>>521779
Another proof that 4chan is a weeb site.

>>521782
Pretty much, yeah. Chances are anything that's enforced is likely to be due to the whims of a mod.
>>
>>521779
They do get deleted, but often after some hapless /jp/sie actually translates it for some god forsaken reason instead of saying some variation of pleasure, coming, inside.

>>521782
>>521786
No, meido does what miedo does. Although if things are kept contained in a general, it's often tolerated.
>>
Personally I think rules on what's considered "on topic" just need to be more relaxed.

You don't want to post your jap games on /v/ because you know none of the people who are interested in it are going to see it right?

You should be able to post the stuff you want on the board you actually want to reach.
>>
>>521603
/v/'s catalog is full of Persona 5 and Overwatch.
>>
>>521813
Persona 5 SHITPOSTING and Overwatch. I'd also like to know what Overwatch has to do with Japanese games.
>>
>>521603
needs more feet
>>
>>522040
>>>/e/
>>>/h/
>>>/b/
>>
>>521798
There are plently of japanese game trheads. Problem is that most of them are just /h/ image dumbs with gay rp.
>>
/v/ has become overrun with western shills begging us to buy Overwatch and Witcher 3. Enough is enough. The board has too much traffic. It has caught the attention of advertising.
>>
File: la battale finale de donte y OP.jpg (104 KB, 692x712) Image search: [Google]
la battale finale de donte y OP.jpg
104 KB, 692x712
>>522154
Shills are the LEAST of /v/'s problems.
>>
File: Untitled.png (749 KB, 1320x587) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
749 KB, 1320x587
>>521739
He can try, but for the love of god when the threads ends LET IT END. I'm so fucking sick of more and more generals popping up.
This pic doesn't even include the other generals like:
dolls
fumo
kigu
Elona
Valkyrie Crusade
mahjong
translated VN

and 8 or so copies of the previous generals because faggots make their general before the old one is even on page 10.
FUCKING CHRIST I HATE GENERALS ASDMASIODMAISKDMASIK
>>
>>522156
They are part of it. And you can't deny /v/ isn't being bombarded by Blizzard employees at the moment spamming Overwatch threads and shitting on the competition. /v/ has too much traffic. It has too much attention. It needs to be divided further to filter communities and make sure people with opposite tastes don't end up shitposting against each other. Best way is to simply split the board west and Asia.
>>
>>522157
Mods really need to move all the games to /vg/ desu
>>
>>522157
>that Fappy VR thread image
sight to smell when?
>>
>>522159
>They are part of it. And you can't deny /v/ isn't being bombarded by Blizzard employees at the moment spamming Overwatch threads and shitting on the competition
You kow what? Can and will deny this because it is bullshit. /v/ is very cappable of spamming, viraling and even raiding themself. The board is that shit.
>>
>>522157
I see some threads in that image that are even worse than generals.
>>
>>522353
The solution is simple: Delete /v/.
>>
>>522199
the whole point of viral marketing is word of mouth. there's no point if blizzard themselves are making the overwatch threads.

blizzard games are typically very high profile and receive a lot of coverage. world of warcraft and all of their expansions, diablo 3, starcraft 2, etc. were discussed EVERYWHERE.

shit like this is why /v/ is unbearable. mods need to take a zero tolerance stance on console wars, shill accusations, and and flaming or delete /v/ and split create separate boards.
>>
>>522159
>It needs to be divided further to filter communities and make sure people with opposite tastes don't end up shitposting against each other.
>fucking implying
Splitting 4chan communities is retarded to start off and second you are brain dead stupid to think splitting boards in attempt to fix a userbase and moderation issue is ever a good idea.
>>
File: 1461857706610.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461857706610.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>522390
The /v/ communities are too divided. For any community to work, there has to be some consensus of interest. If I make a thread about game X and have half the posts be about how shit the game is and how I should feel bad for liking it, then there is a problem. Because it happens in every fucking thread. And at this point, it can't be moderated without having half the board banned. The best course of action is to split the board into two and atleast salvage what can be salvaged from /v/. Right now it's a dark pit of shit. The level of discussion is even lower than GameFaqs. The amount of shitposting, flame bait and so on has reached such levels that not even /a/-tier moderation could save it now. /v/ opened the flood gates to numerous gaming communities and we now have a clusterfuck of different interests all in the same board telling each other how much they hate each other.

/v/ is the joke of 4chan. It's not even the best place to go if you want to talk about videogames. Hell, it's pretty much the worst place on 4chan to talk about videogames, even lower than /b/. And it's a joke simply because it holds too many. And the more it holds, the more divided it's going to be. Look at /a/, /a/ works because there is some consensus among its posters how the board operates. Such consensus does not exist on /v/. It's utter anarchy by now.
>>
>>522845
Why is a flower growing out of Tharja's butt?
>>
Splitting /v/ into eastern and western games is probably the best thing honestly.
West fags are basically muslims who have no respect for 4chan's roots and shit up every thread about japanese games. They need a quarantine board.
>>
Please, make this happen. The board is a mess right now.
>>
>Can we get another /v/ spinnoff board thread # 3672542
>>
>>522878
/vr/ was never needed.
Merge /vp/ and /vr/ back into /v/ and then split /v/ into eastern and western games.
/vg/ can stay
>>
>>522880
Can we just create 42 /v/ boards so you people will quit making threads every 2 seconds? I mean you would still feel like a special little snowflake who deserves their own board and everything.
>>
>>521603
I would welcome it.
>>
>>522845
>/a/-tier moderation
>good
It couldn't even save /a/, let alone /v/.
>>
File: 1459092315043.jpg (187 KB, 730x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459092315043.jpg
187 KB, 730x1000
/v/? more like /blizzard/, I can't believe the amount of people falling for the Overwatch meme.
>>
>>522894
It's the same five shills doing rotation. Another reason to why splitting /v/ would be a good idea. High traffic = higher gain for shills. We spread the traffic among two boards instead and some of them might not consider it worth the effort anymore.
>>
>>522917
That is some hardcore paranoia. Why does it matter so much to you?
>>
>>522917
>shills
>>522894
/v/s taste is just this mainstream. You can bet 00% they will like what is the newest mass marketed and viraled product. Hell they do abig part of the viraling themself like we just saw with the "outcry" about the "censor" of tracers ass.
>>
>>522845
>The /v/ communities are too divided.
They are not. Everyone likes videogames. Problem is that no one thaught those newfags how to behave accordingly by not shitting on everyone 24/7.
>>
>>522924
The worst part is the people ranting against SJWs only make developers feel that SJWs actually are justified in saying stuff like that in games causes sexism, and publicity is publicity so the developers aren't going to stop it. Everyone knows pre-order canceled is a hollow threat.

I remember back when violence in games was a hot button issue, and we just to be able to go lolnope, statistics, and none of us are real life mass murderers.

It used to be the same with feminists. Just because you liked 3d boobs didn't make you a sexist. Now, it seems like there's actually an extremely high correlation between misogyny and 3d boobs if you go by the most vocal people. There people are literally ruining the ability to have the stuff they want in video games, because somehow, their logic is if they cross the line, they'll suddenly look like the more reasonable party and the developers are going to pander to them.
>>
/v/ is a highway with too much traffic. Open up another lane!
>>
I used to think a /v/ vs /vj/ split was a good idea until the Dark Souls PC threads. Turns out the theoretical /vj/ user base is just as awful as the regular /v/ userbase. Nothing would change.
>>
>>521603
If there was a /v/ for non Japanese games that would be a bless.

Well except for the honorary western games such as the ones developed by Kamiya, Kojima and Miyazaki. Those 3 directors would be the exception to the rule.
>>
>>522991
What if we contained Dark Souls shit in one thread on /vj/?
>>
>>522991
That's just because PC fats shitpost everywhere and whenever they want
>>
>>522993
That was just the beginning and most obvious example. The Persona 5 thread shitposting is a more recent example.
>>
>>522993
That's what /vg/ is for, retard. There can't be any containment threads outside of it.
>>
>>522994
>complaining about PC shit
Consoletards confirmed for anti-sjw /pol/shits.
>>
>>523000
no, I mean get mods to crack down on soulsfags if they spam threads
>>
File: 1462620960720.jpg (1 MB, 4433x1075) Image search: [Google]
1462620960720.jpg
1 MB, 4433x1075
>>
>>522356
Or hire more than 2 mods.
>>
>>522992
Why wouldn't you just go to the jap one for those type of threads?
>>
Instead of thinking about a big split, how about we just start by getting mods to actually do their fucking jobs by deleting all fucking 20 threads on the catalog that are /pol/shit?

That would be a nice start.
>>
>>523040
Then /pol/ is going to change the topic to SJWs, and raise a shitstorm about SJW mods
>>
>>523045
And then you delete that shit too. This isn't hard. If it was CP, you know mods would come from out of the woodwork and actually do something. But because it's /pol/ just being shitty and derailing the board with their retardation, the mods are just fine not doing shit. These shit threads have been going on for over 12 hours.
>>
>>523050
How can they delete it when it's still relevant to videogames? Just because it's about opinions you don't like?
>>
>>522154
Witcher 3 hasn't had a serious thread in a long while other than waifufaggotry

>>522159
Blizzard employees have better things to do than shitpost on /v/, every time Blizzard does something the WOW fanbase shits bricks and plasters it everywhere, this has happened forever and just because there is a NEP board only normies leave reeee doesn't mean you will be protected from it

idiot
>>
>>522368
>mods for /v/
>doing anything besides banning barneyfag

the moderation team is so spread as is that adding more boards would just make it worse
>>
File: 1459858468682.png (75 KB, 1825x221) Image search: [Google]
1459858468682.png
75 KB, 1825x221
>>521603
This. It wouldn't get rid of all the problems, but at least it would be a start.
>>
File: 1457442411749.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1457442411749.gif
61 KB, 300x351
Also can someone explain me why those shitposters who laugh at "weebshit" and say it's ruining the board don't want to split?
>>
>>522929
>Everyone likes videogames.

I sure do love those daily threads full of people complaining how vidya is shit or how they're not having fun anymore.
>>
>>523001
>PC WHEN?!?!
>Can't wait to play the superior version on my PC at 4K resolution and 144fps
>You can keep your console scraps, faggots. I'm gonna go play some real games on a platform that matters.

I know most of them are shitposters, but it's still annoying as fuck when you can't even discuss about anything anymore without someone bringing in platform wars.
>>
>>523087
>butthurt over objectively superior platform
>>
>>523096
I don't give a fuck about your platform or any platform at that matter. You could be playing on NES for all I care. As long as the person enjoys playing video games that's fine by me, but you faggots have to bring your platform wars bullshit into every thread. Even fucking Persona and Yakuza threads aren't safe anymore.
>>
>>523100
Look here >>523080 Open the image. Read it. Realize what's actually going on.
>>
>>523135
I know that. I'm the one who posted that pic. I'm just sick of shitposting on /v/. I want to discuss vidya in peace, but I know that won't ever happen.
>>
>>523142
I don't really care anymore. I mean, what's there to discuss really? For specific games you have /vg/. Go there to discuss builds and shit. It's not that bad. Vague concepts, genres? You can get a decent thread going right here. Like the cyberpunk threads started without baiting. You just have to get one going.
Shitposting and memes? It's all placeholders. They're the reason the board is so fast. Do you really think you'd be able to have a board as fast about nothing but actual vidya discussion? Not a chance.
>>
>>523149
I go to some generals on /vg/, but for example xseed general is always on the verge of dying. Yakuza generals wouldn't work there as the games aren't really popular. /jrpg/ is dead. Persona general is full of faggots the last time I visited posting how they want to fuck/be fucked by each character and so on.

There are some good threads on /v/ from time to time and you can actually discuss stuff, but most of them either die off or shitposters roll in and ruin it.
>>
>>523149
>specific games you have /vg/.
The fact is that 99% /vg/ is shit too, albeit for a whole different set of reasons
>>
>>523158
[spoiler]Wanna ERP? ;)[/spoiler]
>>
>>523156
You have to understand that there isn't always something strictly game-related to discuss. When there's nothing to discuss, the place is filled with the aforementioned placeholders.
Pick a general. What do you see? Waifuposting? Avatarfagging? Memes? Probably either or all of them. But if you post something actually worth discussing or simply a question, you're still likely to get replies.
It's all placeholders, and you have to learn to treat them as such. Maybe join, when you're bored. It's impossible to have 150 threads of active video game discussion at all times. Reddit fills the empty space with ebin images, /v/ — with shitposting. Want a slower board? Look elsewhere.
>>
>>523169
If I go to a video game board, I expect to see video games. Just because faggots love to shitpost, it shouldn't be encouraged and accepted. Even if there is a serious discussion going you can expect someone to show up and try to ruin it and most times they succeed since reporting does shit all and mods don't give a fuck.
>>
>>523083
Because it's really Japanese games holding the board together and once the Japanese games are gone and those that play those games, all that's left is Internet drama, dudebro games and politics. Shitposters realize this. They want to have Japanese games on /v/ because they wouldn't be able to spam their "LMAO WEEBSHIT" comments otherwise. The parasite needs a host.
>>
>>523083
Because it's useless

>>523216
lmao not biased at all
>>
>>523084
Even those misguided individuals like videogames. they just are in a phase where they think everything new is shit. Browsing /v/ for too long while also having a hang for depression will do this to you. You will browse /v/ every day and hour and slowly crawl deeper in a hole you just need to step out of to enjoy your life and hobby again.
Whenever I got to talk with only a few anons with one of those OPs it always came very quick down to personal issues in their private life.
>>
>>523169
>You have to understand that there isn't always something strictly game-related to discuss. When there's nothing to discuss, the place is filled with the aforementioned placeholders.
Nigga there are more games than ever out for you to play and talk about? Don't want to talk about that endless wave of videogame goodness? Then get the fuck off the board and swim in your selfpity o /pol/ and /b/.
>>
>>523221
>lmao not biased at all

He's right, you know.
>>
>>521603
You know what the funniest thing about this idea is?

People would have to post Dark Souls on that board.
>>
File: 33797903.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>523087
tbf i do this a lot ever since incendiary remarks towards the wii u became a bannable offense.

it's just fun to derail /v/ threads. in 2006 it was no games, 2008 pc gaming is dead, 2010 it was piracy, in 2013 it was pii poo, 2016 pc master race

>tfw you spent 10 years of your life shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>523752
You should rethink your life dumb frogposter
>>
>>521603
Yea, it's called /jp/
>>
>>524189
You mean unless it's 2hu it's not welcome: the board?
>>
>>523087
I ask for a pc version because it is crytsal clear at this point that sony is paying for exclsuive time. Most of the stuff will be on pc anyway so I rather not have the wait and enjoy the game at the same time on my poverty toaster.
>>
File: rpgmaker.jpg (2 MB, 1360x1814) Image search: [Google]
rpgmaker.jpg
2 MB, 1360x1814
>>524193
All doujin games are welcome.
>>
File: 1362413872614.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1362413872614.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>524198
>>
>>524198
+1
>>
>>521603
Yeah lets have an individual board for video games from every single country on earth
>>
>>523149
>For specific games you have /vg/
Yeah, if you want to wait around for months for your question or input to be part of the thread "edition"
>>
>>524412
>>
>>524413
Kid, do you realize that most countries don't even make video games?
>>
File: 1461862792878.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461862792878.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>"Fucking weebs I wish they would kill themselves for playing such weebshit and posting about it here"
>"N-no, don't split the board. P-please let the weebs stay"

Make up your minds for once. I still haven't seen a good argument for why would anyone be against the split.
>>
>>524424
Really, I think >>523216 nailed it perfectly. That was a really good post.
>>
File: 1461647993357.jpg (95 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1461647993357.jpg
95 KB, 728x546
>mfw overwatch thread #322143 and battlefield/CoD thread #123347
>>
>>523216
>>523555
>>524433
Samefag more dumb weeaboo
>>
>>524767
Go back to r*ddit westacuck.
>>
>>524767
Kill yourself
>>
>>524767
Cuck yourself back to red edit.
>>
>>521606
/v/ /vg/ /vr/ /vp/, all we need is /vn/ - visual novels.
>>
>Stellaris shilling/shitposting
>Battlefield shilling/shitposting
>Overwatch shilling/shitposting

It's getting pretty unbearable lately. Pls split. Nothing good ever comes out of Western game discussion on /v/.
>>
This needs to happen
>>
Japanese games are irrelevenat nowdays.
>>
>>525089
Dark Souls 3 shilling is fine though?
>>
File: everything.jpg (74 KB, 463x372) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
74 KB, 463x372
How about /vig/ - Videogames ?
>>
>>523004
Where would Shantae go?
>>
Video Games Japanese
Video Games Random
>>
>>525274
In the west since Wayforward is western
>>
>>525288
Their studio is located in Japan though.
>>
Because it would just turn into an /a/ colony where people sit around and jerk off about generic animu girl #2779's butt.
>>
>>525358
as opposed to current /v/ where people sit around and jerk off about generic e-celeb #2215 and complain about generic liberal on twitter #5600325
>>
/v/ is shit specifically because of its size. It's unmoderatable, and the catalog is constantly so bloated with whatever two or three topics are current that it's nearly impossible to at any time discuss anything besides them.

All the /v/ boards are unironically large enough to be a new *chan in and of themselves.
>>
File: 1451758626864.png (24 KB, 540x324) Image search: [Google]
1451758626864.png
24 KB, 540x324
I would say delete /vp/ and /vr/ and make a split but fuck that first thing that /v/ needs are some goddamn fucking mods. Seriously purge that board and moderate it for like month and make a big fucking post "/v/ is for videogames not for offtopic shitposting".
>>
>>525362
At least we have the decency to keep our jerking figurative.
>>
>>524773
>>524819
>>524855
Mad weebcucks are mad lmao
>>
>>525218
Its not shilling though, people post their characters, webms, talk about the game, builds, shit they don't like or find hard.

Overshill threads are just vaguely explaining the characters and posting fan art and sfm porn.

Stellaris threads are just 3 guys trying to convince everyone to buy the game.
>>
Hiro pls respond
>>
bampu
>>
Every western game now has unrelated tertiary bullshit about politics in them, Jap games do not, I want a split from /v/, I'm tired of politics in games.
>>
>>521603
PLEASE HIRO SPLIT /v/ !
>>
>>525969
I sure do love /pol/tards flooding the catalog about Battlefield 1 having a black protag.
It's like, who gives a fuck the game is going to be shit anyway
>>
File: ....png (15 KB, 163x312) Image search: [Google]
....png
15 KB, 163x312
>>521603
I would be in favor of this as well. While I hardly ever see fans of Japanese games flood threads related to American games, I see the opposite all of the time, and the threads are always filled with uniformed personal insults. Now, I enjoy shitposting as much as the next guy, but it's gotten to the point where they're not even creative and just spam buzzwords, refusing to respond when asked why they're in a thread for a game they hate in the first place.
>>
File: 1455960476826.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455960476826.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
most boards that pass a particular but undefinable threshold of activity are poor by promoting rapid, low quality, senseless posts. /v/ is the second most active board (afaik) and a split would be beneficial regardless of the criteria

eastern and western games is a good idea because there's severely clashing ideologies between people that like japanese games and those that like western games but don't play or casually play (some) japanese games

think there's some naivete in regards to the ability of the board to self moderate without moderator or janitor intervention. the japanese way seems to be to ignore bad posts which discourages further such posts. doesn't work well in our environment. people are easily rustled and become antagonistic because of pride and personal integrity and are embroiled by being vocal even with the response of silence. basically shitposting continues until something "bites" and it is "downhill" from there

believe it's a problem deeply rooted in english speaking culture and western (european) culture in general and there's little that can be done about it
>>
File: 1456954607502.jpg (90 KB, 720x679) Image search: [Google]
1456954607502.jpg
90 KB, 720x679
Explain 1 thing wrong with dividing between VideoGames/Japanese and VideoGames/Random. Most on-topic discussion on /v/ involves Japanese games or companies. The Random board would allow western games, japanese games like dark souls and metal gear and other "non-anime" jap games (these would, obviously, also be allowed on /vj/. Like how mecha is still allowed on /a/), secondary stuff like speedrunning discussion, tourney discussion, and perhaps even game-related youtube stuff.

I do not think that just increasing moderation, instead of a split, would work, because it would just lead to totalitarian moderation. Most boards NEED a little bit of shitposting. Just a little. On /v/, you would either have oppressive-state or bedlam. 2 boards, and more mods, would allow decent moderation with room for some fun.

Make videogames fun again!
>>
>>526052

don't mind "funposting" (silly, good natured juvenile but on topic posts) but it is depressing when it becomes malicious and openly hostile which appears to be the trend currently

think the moderation priority should be non video game threads before any video game threads. absolute.
>>
>>526024
You don't notice it as much because Western games get universal hate on /v/ yet westacucks are too blind to see. Every thread about an AAA Western game consists of people shitposting massively about it.
>>
>>526095
>Western games get universal hate on /v/
Overwatch threads have been pretty positive.
>>
>>526095
Nah, only AAA games like COD and Battlefield. I think it's dumb that they're lambasted, but popular = bad.
>>
>>526095
>>526102
Oh, you did mention AAA in your post, my mistake. Don't know why I didn't see it.
>>
>>526052
Agreed completely.
As it stands something needs to be done.
/v/ is to big for its own good and discussion of any kind is almost impossible.
>>
The entirety of the /v/ catalog right now is Overwatch, Battlefield 1 and shitting on Uncharted 4.
Something needs to be done.
>>
Where does the line go? Dark Souls, Yakuza, Metal Gear etc would be bannable on western /v/?
>>
>>526113
Those are all Japanese games. They don't count as western just because Americans like them. Is a Fiat not an Italian car just because they are sold in the U.S.? The designers are still Italian.
>>
>>526114
But I've seen plenty of people mentioning western jRPGs and Japanese wRPGs.
>>
>>526129
There's no such thing as a western japanese rpg
>>
>>526129
Also complete nonsense. I think the JRPG/WRPG distinction is silly in the first place, but that aside, claiming that countries own a certain style is quite silly. Just because your game is turn based does not make it Japanese. If anything, the Japanese got that style from games like Wizardry, so I guess that people would count Phantasy Star 1 and Dragon Warrior as WRPGs at the time based on this logic. Conversely, America did not invent action combat, so Souls games and Star Ocean are not western. Rather, they are action RPGs.
>>
>>525089
Have you completely ignored the daily FFXIV, DOAX3, and Persona shilling?

Perfectly fine with having a /vj/ for the shills to go to.
>>
>>526024
>While I hardly ever see fans of Japanese games flood threads related to American games

Have you seen any popular game that has been released in the west? Uncharted, Battlefield, Bioshock, The Witcher, etc.

This >>526095 is proof of it. They make it their job to shitpost western games and create threads like this because they're newfags.
>>
>retards keep making these threads on /qa/ while every time it gets brought up on /v/ it's universally hated
Fuck off. Japanese games in this day and age are made primarily with a western audience in mind anyway, and there's plenty of nip series with more presence in the west than they have in japan. The "two" industries are too inexorably split to split the board.
>>
>>525390
>getting angry about weebs
>in 4chan
Mad normalfag spotted
>>
>>526159
>too inexorably joined*
Fuck
>>
>>526159
>Japanese games in this day and age are made primarily with a western audience in mind anyway
This is false, and just goes to show how self-centred some people can be. Japs make games for japs. A few companies may make for global audience, or, at least, market globally, but most don't. There are more to jap games than Street Fighter, Metal Gear, and Souls.
>>
>>526164
No shit there are, but the biggest and most talked about ones would be those. You would have a board 90% dedicated to Fighting games, Metal Gear, Souls, Final Fantasy and Nintendo games.

There's a definite problem with /v/ getting too muddled with retarded popular shit, but the problem isn't even close to lying along western/eastern lines.
>>
>>526159
For all the complaining I see you people doing about Persona or Neptuina, I don't see how you think it's made for Americans.
>>
Fuck westerncucks. They are ruining /v/ with their CoD/BF drama.
>>
>>526165
>Fighting games, Metal Gear, Souls, Final Fantasy and Nintendo games.
Those threads are still much higher quality than the westernshit threads.
>>
>>526169
I don't complain about them or particularly think they're an example of being made for westerners.
/v/ isn't one person, ect.
>>526179
Keep telling yourself that.
Outside of the big AAA shitposting it's pretty much all the same.
>>
>>526052
>The Random board would allow western games, japanese games like dark souls and metal gear and other "non-anime" jap games
>secondary stuff like speedrunning discussion, tourney discussion, and perhaps even game-related youtube stuff
What the fuck would you even talk about on /vj/ then
>>
>>526186
He's a retard. A Jap board would contain all Jap games. That easy. No grey lines.
>>
>/vj/
>Discusses:
>>Nintendo
>>Sony
>>Sega
>>Bamco
>>Konami
>>Atlus
>>Squeenix
>>Other Japanese developers
>/vw/
>Discusses:
>>Microsoft
>>PC gaming
>>EA
>>Activision
>>Indie "developers"

Do you see a problem here?
>>
File: 360 shootemups.jpg (145 KB, 554x645) Image search: [Google]
360 shootemups.jpg
145 KB, 554x645
>>526201
>japan has no pc games
>japan has no xbox games
Ever heard of doujin?
>implying sony and square arent way more western than japanese these days.
>>
File: 1423607970474.jpg (31 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
1423607970474.jpg
31 KB, 344x291
>nobody complains that /tv/ is mostly filled with hollywood movies
>nobody complains that /mu/ is filled with western music and kpop
>nobody complains when there's a Transformers thread on /m/

>for some reasons, rejects from /a/ need /v/ to splits again because they think it's A-OK for them to waifupost on /v/

who are the shitposters now?
>>
>>526214
I just want a board that isn't plagued with shitposting about e-celebs, which mostly focus on western games, or politics, which again, are mostly focused on western games. People who talk about western games tend to shitpost about offtopic shit, that is a fact.
>>
>>526216
>I just want a board that isn't plagued with shitposting about e-celebs
that's why /v/ needs some sort of self-moderation
drive them out to /trash or /b/

>People who talk about western games tend to shitpost about offtopic shit, that is a fact.
says you, /v/ have the comfiest Dead Space and STALKER threads
>>
>>526165
Sure, they'd take up space, but there'd still be Neptunia, Atelier, Zero Escape, Danganronpa, and probably some kinetic VNs.
>>526186
>>526193
I like how you ignored my parallel to /m/ and /a/.
>>
>>521603
It would never actually happen but sure why not. Anything to divert the shitposting.
>>
>>523752
You are the problem
>>
File: michaelreaction8a.png (399 KB, 699x460) Image search: [Google]
michaelreaction8a.png
399 KB, 699x460
>>521603
>>524424
>>526052

>we need to split /v/ again for the 4th time because the existence of western games trigger me
you faggots are no better than those SJW and nu-males that are """offended""" by T&A in videogames because it hurts their ""feelings""

fuck you and fuck whoever thinks splitting /v/ again is a good idea
and yes, I like both western and japs games
and yes, I am fucking mad
>>
>>526259
/v/ is too fast and flooded way too easily.
Either give us more pages, or split the board
>>
File: 1450275600534.jpg (584 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450275600534.jpg
584 KB, 900x900
>>526259
You assume that /vg/ and /vr/ are bad boards because of the split. They're not. Both boards are successful splits from /v/. There is no argument to why someone who enjoys both west/Japan simply can't browse both boards. Right now there is indeed a huge rift between /v/ posters, where one side hates anything Japanese and the other site is sick and tired of "their" board being hijacked by kids who play MOBAs and CoD wanting to make it Anonymous Reddit with edge. It's gone so far as to that people now believe that shitposting is part of /v/'s board culture. That if you're not shitposting, then you're doing it wrong. In truth, something should've been done to /v/ long ago. But moot forgot about it and Hiro has acted too slowly. And now the board is worse and more hostile to itself than it's ever been. It simply holds too many people of contrasting opinions.

Boards like /a/ work because they've gathered a fairly homogenous group of posters. The same is true for really any successful board. Once you have a board going to war with itself in every thread, then the board is a failure. At the least, /vj/ and /vw/ deserves a trial period. Something MUST change about /v/. The board can't go at this rate. It becomes worse month after month.
>>
File: WILL IT EVER STOP.png (54 KB, 222x330) Image search: [Google]
WILL IT EVER STOP.png
54 KB, 222x330
>>526347
/vg/ was created because there were too much generals that flooded /v/'s front page (still have no idea why moot created /vr/ in the first place)
>/vg/ is successful split for /v/
yeah, for circlejerk maybe

splitting the board would make a vidya that belongs in both region (like racing, horror, and fighting games) more difficult to discuss

hell, from all /v/'s problems from shitpost-fest to e-celebs and twitter drama all you care about is splitting /v/?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
>>
> /vj/ becomes a decent board where people discuss good games
>/vw/ becomes a gamergate twitter normalfag containment board
>>
>>526353
waifuposting is not discussion anon
>>
>>526347
Sounds like a good old case of "I don't like people disagreeing with me."

There's a definite problem, but it's not even close to a split between western/japanese fanbases and splitting along those lines wouldn't solve a single damn thing.
>>
>>526355
talking about your favorite e-celeb masturbating on stream, or why a generic AAA fps is ruined because of a black character is not discussion either anon
>>
Honestly, if useless boards like /qst/ or /film/ got made, then I don't see why another split on the 2nd biggest board is such a big deal.
>>
>>526351
>yeah, for circlejerk maybe
I hate this phrase. Just because everyone isn't in a state of constant shitposting, doesn't mean it's a fucking circlejerk. Some people want to talk about a game without every discussion devolving to my taste>your taste that becomes tiresome after five minutes. /vg/ is successful simply because it does away with retarded teenage-oriented power rankings discussion and instead focuses on what people enjoy. And if you think /v/ is any way better than /vg/, then you're wrong. /v/ is the laughing stock of all of 4chan. And it's probably the worst board on 4chan to talk about videogames on. Simply because the board is so divided and hostile-oriented.
>>
>>526364
>Just because everyone isn't in a state of constant shitposting
That's how you know the average /v/ poster is too far gone to have a serious discussion with. They actually think a civil thread that doesn't devolve into memes or shitposting is a circlejerk. I hate to say this but these people get their idea of 4chan being this contrarian wild west place from somewhere off the site.
>>
Most shitposting comes from japanese games though
Discussion of western games is almost always civilized and relevant
>>
>>526364
>Simply because the board is so divided and hostile-oriented
that's why you change the mindset of users, not the board

honestly, you think by splitting /v/ into two the "west vs jap" problem will go away?
nope, there will be worse. crossboarders will shitpost on each other board

>>526370
now you're just being deluded

>>526362
they canned >>>/film/, anon
>>
>>526372
>nope, there will be worse. crossboarders will shitpost on each other board
This has been said about every split /v/ has gone through, /vg/, /vp/ and /vr/, all had this argument, people thought /pol/ would shit up /lgbt/ or /his/, all of these boards are regularly used and don't have the stink of /pol/ or /v/ ruining them. Moderation and /v/ or /pol/ posters getting bored and leaving those boards alone have disproved this argument many times.
>>
>>526358
exactly, that's why we need to drive these people out of /v/, not just splitting it and hoping the problem will be fixed

if the mods don't do it, the posters should do it
/a/ managed to do it for years, why can't /v/?
>>
>>526376
>all of these boards are regularly used and don't have the stink of /pol/ or /v/ ruining them

do you even forget "Goombaposter"?
>>
>>526370
I have seen a million threads about the black guy in BF1. How often do you see people complaining about Japanese games that actually play them? Have Persona 5 or Xenoblade X caused this much rage yet?
>>
>>526395
Only Nintendo censored games get that kind of shitposting, but its a drop in the bucket compared the politicized nature of western games threads.
>>
>>526396
Is there a particular reason why /pol/-types are attracted to discussion of games developed in the west?
>>
>>526397
Current culture war going on about feminism, minorities and other bullshit that has nothing to do with gaming itself.
>>
Is a "split" necessary (therefore getting rid of /v/) or does it just need another child board?
>>
File: western v.png (992 KB, 1344x2492) Image search: [Google]
western v.png
992 KB, 1344x2492
What a Western-only /v/ would look like.
>>
>>526395
DOAX3 and Xenoblade caused mass shitstorms. You also have avatarfagging and ERPshit coming from FFXIV and weebs always trying to push the westacuck or manjaw meme.

You could make a /vj/ and the week shitposters would still shitpost on /v/ because they don't care about discussing and playing games with their peers they just want to exercise what little power they have on the internet.
>>
>>526680
Awful examples. DOAX3 and Xenoblade X had shitstorms because of, you guessed it, the western gaming scene.
>>
>>526698
It certainly wasn't western devs or the people who play western games causing the shitstorm. Those shitstorms were caused by Japanese devs making shit decisions and their fanbases reacting poorly. Unless you think adopting /vj/ is going to block out any locatization discussions or anyone living in the west from posting then you're still not going to have your perfect little hugbox.
>>
>>526717
>Those shitstorms were caused by Japanese devs making shit decisions and their fanbases reacting poorly.

...No. They weren't. Xenoblade X was all NoA and DoA was Koei Tecmo America. Try that post again.
>>
>>526574
t. 8gagger
>>
>>526737
and they're both japanese games
>>
>>526775
So fucking what, retard?
>>
>>526765
8gag loves to use Western games as a tool for their internet crusades. They wouldn't want to ban discussion of them.
>>
>>526780
oh I don't know
>let's separate /v/ from japanese and western games because western games thread are full of memes and shipostings
>while certain japanese games threads also full of shitposters complaining about censors and localization
>"but those don't count because of western localization" (again, still a thread about JAPANESE game)

hmm?
>>
Every time I ever see a discussion about /v/ on this board I'm reminded of how immensely happy I am that I don't go there anymore.
>>
>>526790
You seem to miss the fact that all of this is inherently rooted in the West, therefore it's a Western problem. It affects Japanaese games sometimes too, but much, much less than Western games obviously.
>>
>>526793
yes, but this thread is about splitting /v/ into japs and west game, and not about why west localization ruined jap games
>>
>>526799
The point is, the issue would not exist on /vj/.
>>
>>526737
#FE and SFV
>>
>>526800
>implying implication
>>
>>526793
So should I go to /vj/ to shitpost about Japanese censoring GoW tits or CoD on Japanese releases?
>>
>>526802
Once again, western changes that didn't affect the Japanese version.
>>
>>526810
those aren't western changes. They happened in Japan.
>>
>>526811
Wrong.
>>
>>526812
#FE and SFV had all their changes in the Japanese version.
>>
>>526813
Wrong.
>>
File: buttslapafter.jpg (100 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
buttslapafter.jpg
100 KB, 720x405
>>526821
It's 100% true though.
>>
>>526821
>>526812
Tell him why he's wrong, or shut the fuck up you argumentative cocksniff.
>>
>>526828
Wrong.
>>
File: GIPXYf1.png (825 KB, 800x446) Image search: [Google]
GIPXYf1.png
825 KB, 800x446
>>526833
this is your average /vj/ poster
>>
>>526836
What the fuck is this picture supposed to prove.
>>
>>526837
that you don't play games
>>
>>526838
What?
>>
>>526840
Americans tend to be prudes so they censor video games when they localize. This started way back in the 90's when proddies threatened to boycott Nintendo and not buy their kids vidyas (back then vidya was for kids not adults, so parents were buying for their kids) video games started self-censoring to not offend delicate Americans. It's a practice that continues to this day.
>>
>>526212
That actually proves my point; /vj/ would be much more active than /vw/ to the point that /vw/ would be a dead board.
>>implying sony and square arent way more western than japanese these days.]
But the thing is, they're JAPANESE companies, no matter how "western" they may feel. Thus, discussion of them would be contained to /vj/. In fact, if only Japanese games were allowed on /vj/ they would include
>dark souls
>mgs
And other western like japanese games.
>>
>>526840
That Japan censored their own game and there was a huge shitstorm about it. #FE has been shitstorm after shitstorm from it's idol theme to the Japanese censoring to the JP sales.
>>
>>526861
Playstation headquarters is in America.
>>
>>526857
>This started way back in the 90's when proddies threatened to boycott Nintendo
>implying it didn't already happen in the 80s, or that it was only related to proddies or prudishness

>video games started self-censoring to not offend delicate Americans.
>implying censorship is limited to America or that it started at that point

>It's a practice that continues to this day.
>implying modern censorship is the same as it was back then

Stop.
>>
>>526880
90's was a typo sorry. Yes, it was due to prudishness, no all of the censorship was America only, but there are many examples of American only censorship.
>>
>>526888
>it was due to prudishness

Sometimes it was removing religious imagery, or blood, or removing Nazi imagery for example, which has nothing to do with prudishness.

And one of the main differences is that rating systems like the ESRB didn't exist, so companies had to be more careful to make sure people didn't buy games with content they didn't want without their knowledge. Nintendo had really strict policies for anyone who wanted to publish games on their systems, but nowadays that's not really justifiable since they don't have a monopoly anymore, you can just look at the rating to know what kind of content the game has, and there's no reason not to let you play the uncensored version as an option.
>>
Why do people think /v/ is fine in its current state? Maybe a split along western/eastern lines isn't the way to go but /v/ is still too fast for its own good.
>>
>>527049
>but /v/ is still too fast for its own good.

No it's not. /v/ is slower than it's been in years. It was way faster in 2010-2013. I sometimes see threads that last 1-2 days, whereas this almost never happened back in the day. It's a hollow shell.

The userbase is shit, that's all there is to it. Stick in your tumblreddit containment zone.
>>
A Japanese /v/ would be worth it simply to be free of the 24/7 Witcher 3/Overwatch/PC indie/Stellaris shilling threads. /v/ has become a magnet for viral marketing due to its popularity.
>>
>>527261
Doesn't Atlus viral some of its releases?
>>
>>527903
You sure would like to think that, wouldn't you?

Any game that people actually like gets accused of "viraling" or "shilling." It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>526899
Fine, puritanical sensibilities

> there's no reason not to let you play the uncensored version as an option.
AO is still bad press, lots of kids get their parents to buy them games, and lots of people feel awkward buying AO games. ESRB still has an impact on marketability
>>
File: 1249777016771.jpg (11 KB, 440x475) Image search: [Google]
1249777016771.jpg
11 KB, 440x475
>>527967

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

AO rated games pretty much don't exist. It's actually hard to get a rating like this (none of Nintendo's games especially would qualify), and the main thing is that AO games usually can't be sold in stores at all because they won't stock them. This is the entire list of games that had an AO rating in the history of gaming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AO-rated_video_games

Second, even if you're talking about M-rated games and not AO games, no one "feels awkward buying them", that's just nonsense. The main thing is that some parents won't buy them for their kids with this rating and kids won't be able at all to buy them. And it has nothing to do with bad press.

Third, it usually has nothing to do with rating either. Some games like (like Fatal Frame 5) are M-rated and still get censored. Most of the censored content even in E-rated and T-rated games isn't enough to change the rating, but they still do it.
>>
I say we make a /vjp/ and leave /v/ as is. If /vr/ is allowed to be a thing, I don't see why /vjp/ can't be.
>>
So where do we put Korean games like Lineage and Maplestory?
>>
>>529718
I'd say /vj/ since they're both Japanese-inspired. See, people are going to whine about "weebshit" no matter what country it comes from, so this board should host Japanese-inspired games too, even if it's stuff like Shantae.
>>
>>526152
nice conspiracy theory you got there
>>
>>527059
Because we have shit mods who can't even do their jobs properly.

Also this /v/ split idea was thrown around last year and it went nowhere
>>
>>525367
A funny story, it was found out via the leaked IRC logs that moot only allowed himself and another head mod called rapeape to moderate /v/. /v/ seriously needs a lot more moderation, but the current crop of mods we have are beyond horrible. Take Troid for instance. A guy who basically sucked mod dick so much that he became one
>>
>>523216
This. Can't sum it up better. If you were to make a thread on /v/ about this very same question it would quickly dissolve into massive amounts of shitposting and nothing would ever get done. Hiro doesn't understand how bad /v/ is, and that is the sad thing.
>>
>>529773
Recently, outdated/incorrect information has been circulating. Here are the facts:

"Haven" hasn't been a 4chan moderator/janitor for more than *two years*. It appears he was briefly a volunteer moderator for an official EA game forum for a few months at the tail-end of being a 4chan moderator. His affiliation with an unofficial OUYA blog (not the company itself) came after he was removed from the 4chan team for being inactive, but it appears his LinkedIn wasn't updated to reflect that. Had we known about either the volunteer EA position or the fact that he outed himself publicly, we would have removed him immediately, however neither came to our attention until well after he had ceased to be a 4chan moderator.

Is he a complete fool for listing "4chan experience" on his LinkedIn resume? Absolutely. Is he some sort of boogieman who has been deleting threads left and right? No.

This is precisely why moderators/janitors are anonymous. Every time one gets outed, they become a board's personal boogieman, with every deletion/ban being attributed to them. And in 99.99% of the cases, it's not true.

Any and all threads deleted about this person were done so by the rest of the team, because they're against our strict "no personal information ("dox") or raids" rule. Plain and simple.

tl;dr: You don't have some EA shill/enlightened human/whatever-stupid-flavor-of-the-month-name-youve-come-up-with/etc moderator on /v/. If you continue to dox them, you will be banned, as you would for doxxing *anyone else*.
>>
File: 1376625834405.jpg (67 KB, 407x482) Image search: [Google]
1376625834405.jpg
67 KB, 407x482
>>529778
>tl;dr: You don't have some EA shill/enlightened human
>enlightened human

I see what you did there Ghazi shill.

Also I love how your pasta has almost nothing to do with what he said, he wasn't talking about "Haven".
>>
>>529778
Butthurt mod shill, possibly Troid detected
>>
>>529794
>>529792
That's literally a post moot made.
>>
>>529796

Yeah, too bad you forgot to turn off your filter that changes "SJW" to "enlightened human", you just gave yourself away. Keep up the damage control.
>>
>>529801
True, but I like that filter.
>>
>>529808

Also that post by moot was made in May 2014 and is about one guy named Haven.That's not what the other poster was talking about.
>>
>>529812
I know, but this part is relevant:
>This is precisely why moderators/janitors are anonymous. Every time one gets outed, they become a board's personal boogieman, with every deletion/ban being attributed to them. And in 99.99% of the cases, it's not true.
>>
>>529718
>>529732
Call the board /ve/ (e for eastern) or something.
>>
>>526791
I would be the same, but I actually like video games
The only other option is reddit
>>
ITT: Cut a turd in half, let both sides grow into two different smelling turds.
Bad idea when you actually understand how people do things.
>>
>>529820
That's because the mods were moot's buddies, of course he was gonna side with them over the users. He knew damn well the mods were corrupted and horrible at their jobs and he still did nothing about it.
>>
>>530404
We basically tried splitting /v/ before last year, and again it didn't go anywhere at all. What makes anyone think Hiro will actually split /v/ when the majority of them don't want it split?
>>
>>521606
/v/ really should be deleted
>>
>>530592
/v/ is fucking huge tho
>>
>>530667
That's exactly why. Let them run rampant on other boards that WON'T tolerate their shit, let them be culled out. No big loss.
>>
>>530685

They will outnumber the users of that board without the chance for them to all be culled out, especially since modern 4chan sucks at self-moderation. It's actually the people on other boards who will be culled out by them. It happened with /b/, /r9k/, MLP, and it happened with other sites like Reddit and Tumblr flooding 4chan.
>>
>>521603
we need a /jv/
VNs, all japanese vidya including things like AA2
NSFW board
>>
>>531098
Ace Attorney 2? What?
>>
>>530697
Wrong. Besides, they still have /vg/ if they want to talk about video games. What this site needs is /v/ removed but the other video game boards left in place.
>>
Quit
Splitting
Boards

It doesn't work, it's never worked. All you do is either make both boards worse or make one really dead board and one board that barely noticed the change.

It's not the boards, it's the userbase. You can't cut them straight down the middle and say 'XFAGS ARE THE PROBLEM' when those xfags are also sometimes yfags and zfags.

What is stopping someone from posting in a PS4 thread, but also in a mustard race thread? Nothing!

Stop splinting the community because of a tiny minority of whiners. This will destroy 4chan eventually and leave it as a graveyard of dead boards and disgruntled shitheads who think the mods bend to their will if they whine enough.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.