[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jp/ mods a shit Stop moving /v/ threads onto /jp/ and babysitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (118 KB, 792x307) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
118 KB, 792x307
/jp/ mods a shit
Stop moving /v/ threads onto /jp/ and babysitting their shit threads.
This post was deleted and I received the ban within 3m of the posting. This is ludicrous speed for anything other than mod call-outs for shit behavior.

Shouldn't you be monitoring your generals?
Once again: /jp/ mods a shit
>>
>>530077
>Otaku Culture
Eastern trash
>Trash
Western trash
>>
>>530077
>off-topic ban
>3 days
Holy shit what.
>>
>>530112
Lucky it wasn't longer. I've been given hundreds of longer bans over the years for calling out the bullshit mods pull on /a/. They always hand out harsher bans when they are personally involved. It's a means of spiteful damage control.
>>
Once again it's proven that /jp/ has the worst moderation in all of 4chan.
>>
>>530077
Actually, /v/ mods are the ones moving shit to /jp/ instead of deleting it.
Quite telling about why /v/ is so bad when the mods don't delete obvious shit.
>>
>>530241
That's true, although my ban and another guy's (who made a similar comment to mine about moderation) were both on /jp/.

Here's the recently-archived /vjp/ thread where you can see all the deletions done on /jp/ itself:
http://arch.b4k.co/jp/thread/15165956/
Note the multiple mod call-outs getting deleted while the thread itself received blatant "bump" posts so the thread could survive far longer than it should have.
I like our meido most of the time, but this mod trolling with /v/ threads is fucking awful.
>>
Just fyi I've gotten bans extended before (ostensibly from the same mod) for complaining about them here, it was extended from 3 to 30 days for global 8, granted, it didn't mean much since the place I posted from has dynamic IP, but just warning you at least one of them is petty enough to do it.

>getting global 8'd
>on the board expressly made for complaining about 4chan, it's policies, and moderation

wew lad
>>
>>530263
Thanks for the info, anon. I still need to call my ISP about getting a dynamic IP.
>>
nobody from pre-neo-/jp/ still browses the jay anyway dude. it's all 2012+ newfags from /a/ and /vg/. everyone else left for the spinoffs

the mods won dude, they forced a shift in culture and turned it into /jp/ - anime/random generals
>>
File: wtf.png (79 KB, 774x305) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
79 KB, 774x305
>>530127
Agreed.
Just look at this shit, it's fucking insane.
>>
>>530343
They started banning for DUDE WEED LMAO? Based mods.
>>
>>530346
Hello mod
>>
>on the board expressly made for complaining about 4chan, it's policies, and moderation
you should work on your reading comprehension; this is /qa/, not /q/.
>>
>>530351
Talk shit, get hit, butthurt boy.
>>
>>530354
DUDE
>>
>>530354
WEED
>>
>>530354
LMAO
>>
>>530355
>>530357
>>530358
You won't do it on /jp/ because you're a coward.
>>
>>530363
/jp/ is a touhou containment board and I'd never go there in the first place
>>
>>530077
I don't get it.
Yout post was both off topic and complaining about the moderation. How are you any surprised that you got banned?
If i were you i'd have excepted a global ban instead of a /jp/ one. Consider yourself lucky. If you want to break rules, do so in a board that doesn't have a strict moderation.

>>530343
/jp/ is not into those kinds of catchphrases meme, in fact they hate it. Nothing surprising to see, the same way you'd get at least your post deleted if you post a /v/ meme in /a/.
>>
File: mods.jpg (40 KB, 474x960) Image search: [Google]
mods.jpg
40 KB, 474x960
>>530263
I've been saying it a lot, and I'll say it again. Hiro needs to completely purge all mods and hire new blood. The current ones are complacent, lazy, corrupted assholes that only ever do anything if it fits their current whims.
>>
>>530077
>>530119
>>530127
>>530241
>>530246

Have you considered that complaining about touhou threads on /jp/ is kind of retarded, and shitting up an otherwise on-topic thread is basically begging to be banned?
>>
>>530378
Have you considered that regardless of the complain, "meta" bans should never be that long? It's call an abuse of power.
>>
>>530385
3 days is the normal length for that off-topic copypaste ban reason. All of them are 3 days.

Consider not being off topic?
>>
>>530385
>"meta" bans should never be that long
according to the advertising page, 4chan has between 900 000 and one million post per day.
Do you realise how hard that is to moderate?

So why would they be kind? People that get banned have higher chance to break the rule a second time than anyone else. If you were able to break to off topic and complain about moderation on a normal board, even though there are two rules that specify that it is not allowed, then moderators have every reason to think that you would do it again.

So they put harsh sanctions. But that way, they know you won't do that again or you'll be fucking banned. Is not breaking rules and not being an annoying fucker both for mods and users that hard?
>>
is using the tripcode #trevor still an instant 30 day? lol
>>
I got really sad one time. I posted a video about old people that like the japanese zen garden aesthetic on /jp/ and started the thread saying, "What kind of weebs will you be when you're in your 60's, /jp/?" and I got a three day ban.
>>
>>530378
Who said I was complaining about Touhou threads you RETAAAAAARD
>>
/jp/ has been dead for at least three years, dude, and its moderation has only gotten worse.
>>
>>530755
Because both of the threads he's complaining about being banned shitting up from are touhou threads.
>>
>>530759
I didn't notice. That's dumb.

Janny is still shit though.
>>
Another funny /jp/ moderation fact is regarding those borderline /e/ threads they have every so often, sometimes a mod or janitor hangs around in them and randomly deletes images while leaving similar-looking ones intact. It's just... what. Why?
>>
>>530369
The bulk of the posts in that thread would be deleted on /jp/ if they were posted on it rather than /v/. The whole point of this complaint is that these /v/ threads are moved to /jp/ out of spite and then are protected by presumably the same mod.
If you want to know what /jp/ thinks of the threads then you can look at the archive link here: >>530246

>>530352
The name is /qa/ but it has become /q/ due to hiro and mods both posting here, although usually under the swaglord alias.

>>530378
Your post is the first time touhou was mentioned in this thread. If you don't understand the situation please don't comment on it.
>>
>>530804
Because I looked up his post and sure enough

http://arch.b4k.co/jp/thread/15226910/#15227737

Look, a touhou thread!

And don't forget >>530246 also linking to another touhou thread full of the same "waa crossies get out reeeee" in a touhou thread.

So take your own advice. If you don't understand the situation please don't comment on it.
>>
>>530759
I didn't even post in the other thread. You're seeing other anons react to mods dumping shit on the board. But you must know better than them, right?

>>530812
Both those posts are mine and I'm also OP.
The purpose of those threads on /v/ is to shitpost to spite the mods - they scatter like rats when the thread is moved and they're no longer rallying against "the man". /jp/'s moderation is quite draconian except when it comes to these /v/ threads and it really irks me. Why is every other off-topic thread deleted? Why aren't anime threads moved to /a/ or video game threads moved to /v/?
When the thread is moved the /v/ users abandon it, /jp/ users voice their displeasure and get banned, and trolls bump it every few days. This process repeats 1-2 times each week and /trash/ sits there unused.
Again: you don't seem to understand the situation, but it was cute of you to parrot my words.
>>
>>530853
>/jp/ users voice their displeasure and get banned
So don't shitpost in explicitly on-topic threads, genius.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.