[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How exactly is this against the rules? These kinds of questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: ss+(2016-02-15+at+04.27.36).jpg (100 KB, 780x339) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-15+at+04.27.36).jpg
100 KB, 780x339
How exactly is this against the rules?

These kinds of questions are completely applicable to the board: "What's the James Bond of videogames? Metal Gear Solid."

Now people talk about Metal Gear Solid and games like it.

Or, alternatively, what if someone who's into a specific genre of music and wishes to get the same feelings from another artistic medium such as film, literature, or videogames, then where are they supposed to ask?

You can't ask "What's the vaporwave equivalent of videogames" on /mu/ because /mu/ isn't for videogames. You can't ask it on /v/ either because ?????????

As a result of this specific thread, I've now found been able to play god-tier videogames such as Space Funeral and OFF.

So let me get this straight:

>Make a thread asking what is the VIDEOGAME equivalent of a music genre.
>Get VIDEOGAMES as a result.
>Play said VIDEOGAMES
>All on a VIDEOGAME board.
>get banned for posting NOT VIDEOGAMES
Why?
>>
>>444555
You know, I don't actually know much about that image other than the fact that a lot of people seem to get banned for it. Does anyone know what the deal with that image is?
>>
>>444565
I don't know why people get banned for it, but it's the album cover for Macintosh Plus's "Floral Shoppe" album. The album is considered to be the first big Vaporwave album.
>>
I would say the moderator is tired of "WHAT IS THE X OF Y" threads. I am too, so boo-hoo you got nix'd.

Want to make a thread on /v/ about food... even thought it is a game about video games?

>What do you eat when gamin', bros?
Or
>What is the Steakwrap Supreme of vidya?"
Or, posting a picture of three kinds of food, with equal signs, then different consoles, or different games in a series, or different game companies, and ass "Need I say more?" or "This pretty much speaks for itself," or wait wait, "Prove me wrong you can't."

I'd say you fell to any rule against shitposting.
The image doesn't help.
>>
>>444573
That makes sense. I guess it's not just about the image, but the question as well.
>>
>>444555
the faggot moderation on /v/ sucks cock in general
its some german faggot btw
>>
>>444573
>Food is an artistic medium comparable to music, film, literature, and vidya.
Nice false equivalent, faggot. You can't "interpret the meaning" of a dish, nor can you gain anything of value other than pleasure and nutrition.
>>
>>444565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
>>
>>444555
You deserved the ban. It's piling up boards those templated threads.

Also nice trips.
>>
>>444591
>>444573
Regardless of your opinion on them, they're still videogame threads and they still produce videogame content that allows the ability for people who like one thing to find something different but still familiar.

Think of the bigger picture.
>>
>>444573
>>444591
>I don't like it so you can't like it too.
When will millennials stop destroying art and discussion of art?
>>
>>444594
>>444595
>mad at fair bans
>>
>>444555
Again, you're not smarter than the mods and the fact you think you are only annoys them more.

You're clearly trying to post off-topic shit by riding a fine line. Not only that but that shit topic has been posted countless times. You're annoying and partially to blame for why /v/ is so shitty.
>>
>>444606
/thread
>>
>>444606
>You're clearly trying to post off-topic shit by riding a fine line.

Or or or

Just think about this for a moment

Maybe, just maybe

I was listening to vaporware one night

and I thought

"I want to play a videogame like this"

so I went to a videogame board

and asked

what's the "videogame equivalent"

of this thing I'm listening to

because I want a videogame thread about videogames like this music genre because I want to play videogames

Why do you assume the worst in everyone, and why are you stating I think I'm smarter than mods?
>>
lemme just...
>>444444
...there
>>
File: 800px-NevarForget.png (146 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
800px-NevarForget.png
146 KB, 248x249
>>444555
also checked
>>
>>444614
I'd even give you the benefit of the doubt but when you go check /v/ there were an unpleasant amount of "What's the X of vidya", filled with shitposting.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-15+at+05.08.17).jpg (503 KB, 1585x751) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-15+at+05.08.17).jpg
503 KB, 1585x751
>>444618
Where is the shitposting in this thread?

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/327620415/

Where are the "What is the x of vidya" threads here?
>>
In addition to this, a loli thread hit bump limit yesterday.

A fucking loli thread.

And let me just rephrase:

>A thread about asking what the VIDEOGAME equivalent of a MUSIC genre is, in which posts about VIDEOGAMES are contributed, and allowed one who likes said MUSIC to find and play such VIDEOGAMES, get's banned on a VIDEOGAME BOARD
>But a thread dedicated to DRAWN LITTLE GIRLS stays up.

ok
>>
>>444614
But you weren't, and the fact you think a modis supposed to believe that this shitpost is genuine only makes them want to ban you more.

"hurdur it's up to da mods to prove I'm not a shitter" = essentially what you're saying.
>>
That thread is just a shitposting thread anyway
>>
>>444630
Who. Fucking. Cares?

Guess what? It was deleted because threads like that are spammed 24/7 and contribute nothing.
>>
>>444644
>But you weren't
But I did.

And I got videogames from it.

>>444654
>contribute nothing.
But it did. I got videogames and videogame related humor from it.

>Who fucking cares?
I do, because I got banned and can not post there.
>>
>>444555
It's because you want to take about Vaporwave, not about video games. I report those shitty kinds of threads and I'm glad you got banned.
>>
>>444675
But I most clearly explicitly wanted to talk about videogames, got videogames, played videogames, on a videogame board, and got banned.

If I wanted to talk about vaporwave, I'd go on /mu/.

Your conclusion fails to comply with any sort of logic, reason, or rationality.
>>
>>444686
Your thread was shit. Get over it and try harder next time.
>>
>>444689
There were atleast two videogame related jokes in that thread that short, 20 post thread that made me laugh.

There were atleast two videogames I played that I was able to enjoy because of the thread.

There was videogame related content posted in said thread.

Conclusion: The thread was a videogame thread, produced videogame content, humor and discussion. In many objective ways, it was not shit, and it was not literally shit, either. Was it shit in your opinion? Sure. Then don't participate in it.
>>
I feel like I've wasted my time tho, I somehow assumed that winning the argument would mean an unban.
>>
>>444773
>implying mods will ever admit that they're wrong
>>
Why not make a thread talking about Vaporwave elements and similar techno music used in vidya and encourage people to post games and their OSTs?
Why are you so lazy?
>>
>>444675
>>444689
>X IS SHIT NO FUN ALLOWED
the /v/ mindset, everyone
>>
>>444555
What convinces you that you have to be breaking the rules to get banned from /v/?
>>
>>444595
If he wants to talk about an album, he shouldn't have posted it on /v/.

This isn't complex.
>>
>>444614
You type like a retarded tumblrette.

Don't make thinly-veiled offtopic threads and you won't get banned. Simple as that.

>videogames like this music genre

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? How can a video game be "like" a genre of music? You want videogames that have particular characteristics, then ask what videogames have those characteristics. Don't just make a nonsensical analogy and expect everyone to psychically know what you mean. "The vaporware of videogames" is a phrase that could mean any of a hundred different things.
>>
vaporpleb should have rephrased it like 'what games cater to the vaporpleb aesthetic and not used a memeshit image
>>
>>444555
These kind of offtopic threads are the reason why /v/ is so shit and the whole site hates you.
>>
File: 2016-02-03_00002.jpg (126 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03_00002.jpg
126 KB, 1600x900
>what is the [offtopic] of [boards topic]
I wish I could backtrack your IP to find your parents house and flood their basement with shit and then cement you into that all while you are busy shitting up a place for vieogame dicussions.
>>
hey guise whats the evangelion of anime?? xD
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.