[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing out of anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: usagi_drop-.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
usagi_drop-.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else used to be a huge anime fan and came to 4chan because of /a/ but slowly stopped enjoying it or even started despising it?

I just can't enjoy anymore and got tired of it because there are barely any original ideas, I tried taking breaks, but nothing new worthwhile came out.

I also started despising the medium after seeing what kind of fans I share the medium with, call me stupid, but I find it harder to enjoy medium after knowing average anime fans who jack off to everything and have awful taste in most other media.

I recently got into western TV and film again and the level of writing is simply much better without all needless stereotypes.

The same thing would happen to me with video games if I didn't leave /v/ soon enough.
>>
haha fagger
>>
Your tastes changes as you get older. It's perfectly natural progress.
>>
Anime taught me how to get a girlfriend
>>
File: big lip frog meme.png (262 KB, 680x661) Image search: [Google]
big lip frog meme.png
262 KB, 680x661
le frog
>>
/a/ is to anime as /v/ is to video games.
>>
I actually grew into liking anime because I thought it was ``gay'' when I was a teenager and now that I'm mature I've learned to appreciate and enjoy anime
>>
>>529160
>I recently got into western TV and film again and the level of writing is simply much better without all needless stereotypes.
You could've fooled me if you omitted this part.
>>
I got into anime around 2006 and stopped watching it on the regular around 2013-4. The thing that triggers me the most though is when I say /a/ is a shit board and they typically all respond with "you probably tried to ask us for recommendations and got banned lol". They genuinely believe nobody who knows enough about the board can not like them, and dislike them because of something which isn't personal.

>I recently got into western TV and film again and the level of writing is simply much better without all needless stereotypes.
For me direction and cinematography are more important. Current weebs will try to deny this but anime as a medium is hugely limited in those aspects it really fucks with your engagement. I have to force myself to finish a typical 20 minute episode with a dozen breaks and seek -5s yet when it comes to western shit I can breeze through a two-hour long movie and I'll only remember that I've been sitting on my ass in my bedroom the whole time when it starts rolling the credits.

>>529191
Let's not kid ourselves. Western media share a lot of common tropes and cliches with each other but anime gets their entire fucking premise via cookie cutters.
>>
>>529191
It's true though
>>
File: pingpong.jpg (7 KB, 156x159) Image search: [Google]
pingpong.jpg
7 KB, 156x159
it's a /mlp/ thread
>>
>>529227
an
>>
>>529228
>not pronouncing it mulp
>>
>>529227
retard
>>
I just don't watch seasonal anime anymore

If I find out about a show I'm interested in I watch it and thats that, its the same with western tv
>>
>>529244
>Anonymous
>05/13/16(Fri)12:42:59 No.529244 Anonymous 05/13/16(Fri)10:42:59 No.5292
>44
>forty-four
>dubs
>>
>>529261
>>529227
>>529168
>>529165
>>529162
ITT: triggered weebs
>>
>>529262
pennis and also dicke and balls
>>
>>529266
slippery wet dog poop
>>
>>529227
Bronies are always butthurt.
>>
>>529269
Why didn't you check my dubs you smelly nerd
>>
>>529160
Try scifi and not moeshit, and accept that you're going to have to live with a younger protagonist. Also yeah nothing good has been coming out apart from the new JJBA season and G no Reconguista.
>>
>>529160
Same
>>
>>529290
>G no Reconguista.
Epic :^)
>>
>>529703
What a stupid response. G-Reco actually did well in Japan because they weren't fucking stupid like you /a/ morons and they actually understood it.

>>529290
You're retarded too though. There's a good show that came out recently with a protagonist in his 30s that you probably never even heard about.
>>
>>529290
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was good
>>
>>529212
My main board is /a/ and has been for years, but I definitely agree with what you're saying here. I think there are a lot of people who come to /qa/ and bitch about the recommendations thing and obviously they're dumb, but unfortunately this leads to a lot of /a/ users to think people who dislike the board simply don't get it. I think the attitude of /a/ users in this respect comes from the fact many of them are /a/-only fags and don't really venture outside of /a/ particularly often, and thus can't see /a/ in the larger context of 4chan as a whole. There's an idea (or at least an attitude) that I've seen pop up every now and again over the years that /a/ has some kind of elevated status because moot created 4chan as an "anime website" or something. At this point in time, it's just another board and it doesn't have any higher quality discussion than /tg/ or /vr/ or /lit/ or whatever. I doubt many of the /a/ posters who come here and proclaim /a/ to be the best have even used most of the other boards. The point I'm making isn't that I think /a/ is a shit board - if I thought so, I wouldn't use it - but that I don't think it's intrinsically better than any other board on here. It's just a board that discusses something I'm interested in, and the board culture is entertaining as well.

I think the reason cinematography has so little variation within most contemporary anime is because a great deal of them are adapted from manga. It's just easy to copy the manga, and unfortunately, that's what a lot of directors choose to do. Just watch more original works; I swear it helps. The complaint that a lot of anime is cliched is a valid one to the same extent that the complaint that a lot of music is simplistic. It's true, but if you look for more artsy stuff, you can find it. No medium is defined by its worst examples.
>>
Yes. I used to like moe slice of life anime, but now I just feel fed up with it. And the worst part is that the anime shitposting is all done by people who like the same genre.
/qa/ just makes me hate anime even more, the weebs here are really unpleasant.
>>
>>529799
great dubs
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.