[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Word Filters Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65 KB, 800x600
Can I suggest that the word "shill" is automatically filtered to "friend".

I swear, some boards, especially /v/, you can't talk positively about any modern game without being called a shill. I don't know if its because people actually think there are advertisers on /v/, but it leads to and is interpreted as shitposting 100 percent of the time.
>>
File: mpv-shot0017.png (884 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0017.png
884 KB, 1280x720
>>528565
miko
>>
>>528565
Only on /v/.

It makes sense for somebody on, say, /pol/ to call somebody a shill, since they've been under constant barrage by reddit autismos trying to convert them to "muh sanders" (and have you seen /r/4chan?) thus the term applies justly.

On /v/? Over a fucking videogame? Nah, they're even bigger spergs than /pol/.
>>
>inb4 capital I in lieu of lowercase L
>>
>>528565
A lot of people do it to troll with the intention of fostering a lower level of discourse, but the side effect is that also leads quite a few idiots to legitimately believe that there are shills. The word is a problem no matter what.
>>
Degenerate = Haram
Redpill = Halal
Race war = Djihad
Deus Veult = Marshallah
>>
File: 1376662842657.jpg (25 KB, 357x402) Image search: [Google]
1376662842657.jpg
25 KB, 357x402
>>528565
Oh look, it's another word filter request thread.

Let's all pretend the point of word filters was actually to stop people from saying things you don't like, rather than to just be a whimsical prank
>>
>>528958
Have you seen anybody say Tbh Senpai since the filters were put up?
>>
>implying shills don't exist
/v/ has been getting bombed by Bethesda marketers, also that one Andromeda faggot
>>
File: 1461340567786.jpg (636 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1461340567786.jpg
636 KB, 3000x2000
>>529574
Jesus christ, /v/ posters are retarded
>>
are they still up
desu senpai I would still say desu after they take them down just so I can trick people
>>
File: are-you-a-wizard.jpg (37 KB, 200x262) Image search: [Google]
are-you-a-wizard.jpg
37 KB, 200x262
Change "cuck" to size 32 comic sans flashing colors (a la 420chan partytime) "OH GOD I'M A HUGE FUCKING RETARD PLEASE RAPE MY FACE"

Rangeban anyone who says the prefilter baka, desu, or senpai for 20 minutes. Make the filters better so they catch people who post tb.h and so forth. It's really not that difficult. This would actually stop the twitter migrants from posting their bullshit because none of those attention starved retards will wait 20 fuck minutes to post.

Change "kek" to roflcopter or something similarly stupid because it would make me laugh seeing that again.

Change "BTFO" to "pwned" for the above reason.
>>
>>528720
i agree with you but would add that shills also are interested in fostering lower level of discourse
>>
>>528633
this
>>
>>529264
What's your point?
and are you really sure you understood what mine was?
>>
File: TVhat.gif (124 KB, 252x235) Image search: [Google]
TVhat.gif
124 KB, 252x235
Wordfilter "meme"
>>
>>531253
my point was that filters stop people from using the word.
>>
>>531369
reread >>528958
>>
>>531876
Maybe I am retarded. It still seems like you/him is trying to say that word filers don't stop people from using a certain word.

I get that the original reason they came around in the first place was as a joke, but they served a really good purpose when it came to stooping the use of t bh and f am
>>
>>531895
Well that's the point then.
If someone says the purpose of A was never to accomplish X
Then you don't respond with "yeah, but look it accomplishes X"

You could have just said "I don't give a fuck, it does X anyway motherfucker!" and then I would have just said "whoa, alright then please calm down :^)"
>>
Please filter cuck, mods.
>>
>>528565
'shill' is also a huge problem on /g/

Talk about anything that isn't related to Linux or AMD and your instantly called a shill
>>
>>529614
This site is not your safespace, redditor.
>>
>>529578
Is this the newest laughing lesbians.jpg?
>>
>>533204
Anything that is bad on /v/ will be bad on /g/ tomorow. It is one of the connected interest boards that gets the biggest shit first.
>>
Change "kys" to "Soduko", please.
>>
>>533342
*Sudoku. God damn.
>>
"reddit" and all its variants need to be filtered
>>
>>533349
This. 4chan is letting itself become defined by reddit, reducing 4chan to a mere anti-reddit. 4chan is no longer a separate entity that exists independently from reddit. Ironically this attracts more people from reddit, because it just means reddit's cancer that got banned or decides they've had enough with reddit come to 4chan, the supposed anti-reddit.
>>
>>533362

Its just gotten to the point (especially on /tv/) tat "reddit" has lost all meaning and is a pointless insult.
>>
I nominate changing most buzzwords (reddit, tumblr, cuck, meme, anime, desu, senpai, kek, kike, nigger, trump, etc) into 'benis' where it ignores characters before or after the filtered word (so cucked wouldn't be 'benised' but just 'benis') and maybe an algorithm to detect arbitrary spaces in between characters of filtered words (people that can alt text are fine because that preventative algorithm would be harder to make and alt texters are less likely to be from twitter, facebook and reddit so it wouldn't really matter) rather than having different filters for different words. maybe that could help with originality because your post would be unintelligible if you used more than 1 or 2 filtered words
>>
I want "kys" filtered to "kimochi".
>>
File: 1459189659150.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459189659150.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>528950
Yes if every non-image post has a degrading pic of Muh ham head or a burning Whoran.

btw, go back to the desert and get lucky with some goats, or as you call it muslim women.
>>
>>528633
>have you seen /r/4chan?
No. Can't fucking say I have.
Why don't you enlighten us?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.