[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the sudden anti-reddit sentiment on 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1445999193629.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1445999193629.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
What's with the sudden anti-reddit sentiment on 4chan?

The sites complement each other well and most of us who have been on 4chan since the early days (2003-2005) are all redditors and have been for years.

4chan has been very reddit friendly for a long time, but it seems the past 12 months there has been a very active anti-reddit campaign.

Who is behind this?

Obviously it's newfags/underagebans, but where are they from? 9gag, facebook?

And what is their endgame?
>>
>>527796
I think most of the anti-reddit brigade are goober gaymers from Twitter and youtube.
>>
>>527796
irony does not become you, dear
>>
>>527796
The difference between the Reddit boogeyman and the /pol/ boogeyman is the difference between demons and global warming.
>>
>>527808
>not a single person mentions /pol/ itt
>go on a wild 'le fugg le pole' rant anyway
>>
>>527796
Tonight you will meet DEATH
>>
>>527816
The thread is a parody of >>527686.
>>
>>527834
No it isn't you paranoid retard.
>>
>>527796
>What's with the sudden anti-reddit sentiment on 4chan?

>implying sudden

Anons have hated Reddit since 2007 at least.
Before that it was Ebaumsworld. (a site that was exactly like Reddit)
Gaia gets an honorable faggot mention, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>527841
Nice revisionist history.
>>
>>527841
>Before that it was Ebaumsworld. (a site that was exactly like Reddit)

How the fuck is Reddit anything like Ebaumsworld? The only thing Reddit is "like" is Digg.
>>
>>527849
>How the fuck is Reddit anything like Ebaumsworld?

Same type of users that rip content from other sites. Not that I've forgotten that Digg existed, that's just not the site we hated.

>>527845
Nice meme.
>>
>>527861
>we
>>
>>527861
>Same type of users that rip content from other sites.
4chan only became famous because we so successfully ripped content from Japanese sites and thrust them into the western Internet audience without abandon, you fucking newfag. Reddit is a LINK aggregation site; 4chan has always been a CONTENT aggregation site. The only reason why sites like 4chan, SA, etc. shat on sites like Ebaumsworld is because the cunt monetised the content he flogged instead of just having fun and playing around with it like we did.
>>
File: 1415436842814.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1415436842814.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>527796
>4chan has been very reddit friendly for a long time
Uh oh, looks like somebody has been browsing r/4chan all this time thinking he was on 4chan.
>>
>>528094
Think about it this way: If we weren't reddit-friendly, why would we have a 4chan subreddit?
>>
>>527796
this is crude bait but I'll bite.

Reddit and 4chan have overall different userbase, Reddit's covering much more topics and interest meanwhile 4chan hangs at the geek triangle (video games, anime, technology) when we refer to the users of reddit we are referring to the edgy all-star redditors that worship and overuse the word memes that have the complete wrong idea of what 4chan and go on /b/ and start posting immediately without lurking, and shit up other boards as well,

I don't really care if you're from Reddit as long as you care to lurk and understand that 4chan is very different from Reddit and "we" don't want that shit here.
>>528091
This is true but I remember 4chan, SA and EBW being more like rivals rather than "Arch Enemies", but it stopped when SA started focusing more on elitist and dedicated userbase.
>>
>>528153
>deleted a line which fucked up my reply
e: and that have the complete wrong idea of what 4chan is and go in /b/ and start posting immediately without lurking, and shit up other boards as well,
>>
>>528109
If you're talking about [s4s] it's because it was an april fools day joke to make fun of them.
It was going to be deleted after but they kept it around because

Anyways, this thread is total garbage. Even if OP actually was here in 2005, which I have my doubts, that still doesn't make you exempt from being a cancerous faggot.

Make no mistake, contempt for websites is something a lot of people naturally develop that has nothing to do with peer pressure. Some of us have been this way since before 4chan even started, let alone before we started browsing 4chan.
Those people are most likely to end up on 4chan due to the anonymous environment. It's the same type of people who genuinely dislike tripfags and things of that nature.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not real. You're never going to win with these people because you don't understand why they dislike things in the first place.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.