[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove (You)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: [meme].png (1 KB, 180x100) Image search: [Google]
[meme].png
1 KB, 180x100
What is the purpose of this "feature"? Are we really pandering to autists that can't even tell their own posts apart?

Not to mention it's brought in the worst type of attentionwhoring cancer that do nothing but derail the thread.

Remove (You).
>>
>>525616
>>
File: 1329282107531.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1329282107531.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>525616
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5hCxZ_vr70
>>
>[meme].png
>not "(edit.jpg)"
>>
>>525616
Here's your (You)
>>
>>525621
Enjoy this personally-prepared (You), just for you.
>>
Because if a thread has a lot of replies you can ctrl + f (You) to see which ones actually affect you
>>
>>525644
All the posts should affect you. If all you're posting in the thread for is the implicit subthread that includes you that's just sad.
>>
>>525645
yeah because a conversation is made better when you have no idea when and who is talking to you
>>
>>525616
i think they should remove you instead
>>
>>525653
If that kind of thing is important to you then you can try reading the thread.
>>
>>525656
Hey randomly generated number, here's what I think about your post

Hey (you) here's what I think about your post

(add in him replying 200 comments later to you)
>>
>>525687
Hey, 525687-san, I think you're a self-absorbed cunt who only cares about himself and should fuck off to a place that organizes threads into subthreads for you.
>>
>>525687
>>525690
(You)'s are cancer and one step short of IDs.
There was a time on 4chan when each post was reviewed independently, and you did not necessarily have a reasonable expectation of holding a conversation with another individual. A thread was more like a large gathering of people where people would suddenly interject. This encouraged the abandonment of the self when posting anonymously, instead of bringing your individual ego into the argument as is often the case now.
>>
>>525616
It only exsits because a long-forgotten faggot added a copy of 4chanX to vanilla 4chan, which had that (You) feature. But as you'd expect people are retards and decided to start using it for shitposting.
I agree that it should be removed as well, but by now the damage is already done.
>>
>>525695
(suddenly I interject)
That time never existed
>>
>>525695
https://youtu.be/EJfm71I0OyU?t=5m15s
>>
>hurr (you) is bad
Before we had (you) I would just ctrl+f my post number.
Scripts can add the feature even if the site doesn't have it. Get over it, nerd.
>>
>>525699
Yes it did.
>>
It's just a convenient feature.

The only problem is autists who obsess about it, but that'll happen with everything on this website.

>>525695
>there were never replies or conversations on 4chan
Please, tell me more
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.