[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do oldfags think their opinion matters more? There are many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: m8.jpg (15 KB, 476x260) Image search: [Google]
m8.jpg
15 KB, 476x260
Why do oldfags think their opinion matters more?
There are many oldfags who are still cancerous and ignorant while there are also newfags who are knowledgable about their board's subject.

And it's not like learning about each bord's "culture" is anything hard, you can learn most things by lurking the board and archives for less than a year.

Is it just a way for people to make themselves feel better about wasting the best years of their life on a cartoon board?
>>
>being this anally annihilated because someone called you new

It's OK new friend, you'll get used to it.
>>
Newfag
>>
Real oldfags from 4chans earliest years are cancer. They strongly believe that 4chan isn't a place for serious discussions. They share this view with redditors, and I wonder if they're actually the same people.
>>
freshcunt
>>
>>523679
>this is what newfags actually think
>>
>>521872
bait
>>
It's elitism.
>>
i hate people like that, being someone who's been around the block before.

most people who complain about it don't even fucking remember the mass user immigration from gaia, and a lot of people who claim they're 'oldfags' are actually leftovers from that era from what i figure

if someone's being elitist, you bring up history that's older than them. even if you, yourself, are relatively new, there is no way to distinguish that on the boards with a little badge or star or anything.

take advantage of that. call them out. bring something up from early-ass 4chan history they weren't there for. that might shut them up.
>>
>>523679
4chan isn't a place for _only_ serious discussion.

and that's true in any thread you make on any board. If you can't handle some jokes then don't make your thread on 4chan.
>>
>>523679
4chan isn't for serious discussion. Fuck off. There's a massive difference between not taking yourself seriously (as in not being a narcissistic piece of shit), and treating 4chan like a roadside gas station bathroom.
>>
>>523775
No, you fuck off and stop destroying my site. You're no longer wanted here.
>>
>>523784
>>
>>523794
>>
>>523804
/nrl/ representative here. I just heard someone's been spamming /qa/ with these dumb threads. Please keep in mind that he does not represent us and is in fact one of our thread's most notorious shitposters. He usually gets banned every time he posts but he likes to evade a lot. To be honest, we don't have very many memes. We just like talking about rugby.
>>
Fuck off /sp/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.