[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nihilism the perfect bait? It pisses off right wingers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 1439336894737.jpg (40 KB, 467x433) Image search: [Google]
1439336894737.jpg
40 KB, 467x433
Why is nihilism the perfect bait?

It pisses off right wingers and leftists alike. Even apolitical types get made when you start spouting off nihilism.
It makes everyone so uncomfortable and irritated, its truly marvelous
>>
>>521542
>Why is nihilism the perfect bait?
Because it's illogical.
>>
>>521543
But why is that?
>>
File: 1432355558250.jpg (92 KB, 676x575) Image search: [Google]
1432355558250.jpg
92 KB, 676x575
>>521543
And thus you can't make a logical argument against it

Nietzsche was the zenith of philosophical shitposting
>>
>>521543
It's perfectly logical, what are talking about?
>you're gonna die anyway
>so why even try
>why even pretend
>why delude yourself
It's only illogical because your pathetic frightened brain says so.
>>
>>521542
Who cares? It doesn't matter either way.
>>
>>521542
>nihilism
Fedora in philosophy form
>>
I have no idea what nihilism is supposed to even sound like. Give me an example of doing this in a /pol/ discussion.
>>
File: christina_facinating.png (144 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
christina_facinating.png
144 KB, 500x500
>>521551
Then why haven't you killed yourself? Nothing you do matters, never will and your life will amount to nothing but suffering regardless of how much you try to keep it at bay with endless distractions.
>>521762
Also this. Born out of babby's first existential crisis.
>why do I exist?
>I have no purpose in life
>wow nothing matters
shiggy
>>
>>521810
>why haven't you killed yourself
Because I don't feel like it
>>
>>521765
Tell them there is no inherent meaning to their lives so X political issue doesn't matter and they should focus on themselves

works every time

Its also good to bait the Christian larpers
>>
it invalidates their arguments
>>
>>521810
I'm going to die eventually anyway, why go to the effort of killing myself?
>>
>>521810
It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late.
>>
Every kiddy reads The Stranger at some point in their life and goes "wow this is really deep existentialism is so real and edgy I'm way more aware of my life than all these sheep around me". Nietzsche, Sarte, Camus- they're all fine thinkers, but they attract entry level lit-fags like no other. It's why people say "babby's first existential crisis".

Also, people don't seem to understand the meanings of absurdism, existentialism and nihilism- I see the terms get confused and conflated all the time.
>>
You know, for some reason people seem to think that every person that recognizes the reality of nihilism wants chaos and anarchy and all that nonsense.
I want everyone to live lives that they want that don't get in the way of other people's lives, not because of a deeper meaning, but because it just seems to make sense as how things would work out.
>>
>>522766
Bush read it really late in his life, during his presidency. Which was really bad.

By the way, considering how bad a president Bush was, why does anyone on this site want another Republican in office ever again?
>>
>>522766
Do you have a better idea?
>>
>>523006
there are literally thousands of different commonly held philosophies and viewpoints out there. Once people grow a little more intellectually, they grow out of existentialism, or start to better understand what existentialism actually means.

I'm of the firm belief that no one can be total nihilist- in fact, I don't think half of the people who claim they believe in an idealist philosophy actually follow through with what they're saying, or even fully comprehend their own concepts. I feel as though for people to suddenly say "lol I'm a nihilist", don't seem to understand the weight of a system which does away concepts of life, death, physicality and consciousness. You can say you're a nihilist, sure, but when push comes to shove, and your beliefs (or non-beliefs) are tested, then we'll see just how nihilist you really are. You aren't what you say, you are what you are. It's not easy to change beliefs.

As for me personally, I wouldn't say I'm well-read in philosophy in the slightest, but I think a healthy dose of respecting notions of Aristotelian virtue would do most people well. I'm also a materialist, and I bet you are too.
>>
>>523148
For a full disclaimer I am not a nihilist. I've done a decent amount of reading yet I still fail to establish any sort of conscious ideology, despite experimenting with many.

That being said, nihilism seems to be one of the most rational options.
Absurdism seems to be the best, but I can neither accept or confidently reject them
>>
File: heh.....png (1 MB, 1520x1080) Image search: [Google]
heh.....png
1 MB, 1520x1080
>>521810
>not living solely to make everyone else's existence as miserable as yours

the amateurs itt...
>>
>>521542
Perfect bait for normalfags maybe.
>>
>>522775

Most people browsing here are either underage or weren't otherwise politically aware during the Bush years, so they don't appreciate how bad his presidency was.
>>
>>521543
What is more illogical is attaching meaning to pointless things so you're life feels purposeful when humans are nothing but insignificant in the eye of the universe.
If we have a chance to survive various problems facing our own planet like internal cooling causing a dwindling magnetic field, solar flares and black holes even before we manage to escape it, we still face the fact that our Sun will wipe the planet out and explode.
>>
>>521542
Because nihilism is a fucking spook.
>>
>>521542
It's babby's first school of philosophy, home to edgy teenagers and degenerates that use it to justify their poor life choices.
>>
>>523385
Calling something infantile isn't a refutation, maybe you should work on logical thinking and communicating your thoughts clearly rather than memorizing schools of thought.
>>
>>523385
But what if it has nothing to do with self expression. My depression cab get bad at times because it's effective by my thoughts on the future.
>>
Antinatalism is the only thing that comes close in its bait power
>>
>>523452
Please kill yourself then
Depression is code for "lazy fuck in denial"
>>
>>523385
>>523529
Just because you choose your worldview based on what you want it to be doesn't mean everyone does.
>>
>>523385
>>522766
>>521810
not an argument

Do you have anything better than "itz fer tha kidz XD" or is that as far as your minds can go?
>>
>>522775
>>523366
poors detected
>>
>>523529
You clearly know nothing about depression.
>>
>>523577
It means you're lazy and unmotivated but want a sympathetic excuse for it.
>>
>>523596
I'm not really lazy.
This counter argument is always a clear sign you don't know a thing about it.
Don't worry about the "kill yourself" insult.
I plan on doing it if I feel the same why by 40.
>>
So, what do nihilists do ? Are they still nihilist when their parents force them to move out ?
>>
>>523608
Then just get over it now or stop procrastinating your suicide you pussy. Lazy maggot
>>
>>523596
nope
>>
>>523622
Then you're either lazy or a pussy.
>>
>>523619
I finished three years of college and you're an angry NEET telling people to kill themselves online because you don't like a thing.
Still wouldn't call myself lazy.
I'm procrastinating because the people who tell me my suicide would effect them would be too caught up in their own lives to worry about me as much as they do now.
Plus it's enough time for finite possibilities.
I could have some sort of epiphany if I took Ayahuasca or something.
>>
>>523628
So what if I'm lazy.
I can still achieve more than you while being lazy and depressed.
I like being lazy.
>>
>>523630
Lel I don't need to work since I inherited half a million. You're just a lazy druggie.
>>523633
Then you're not depressed, you're just lazy
>>
File: Michel_de_Montaigne_1.jpg (86 KB, 616x672) Image search: [Google]
Michel_de_Montaigne_1.jpg
86 KB, 616x672
>>523698
>>
File: 1281234462854.jpg (53 KB, 544x517) Image search: [Google]
1281234462854.jpg
53 KB, 544x517
This is a self-demonstrating topic.

Clever.
>>
>>521542
Everything is pointless and there is a beauty in that.

Shit matters but doesn't really matter either. When I suffer what motivates me is that it will end some day regardless if I succeed in my trials or not so as long as I experience closure that's good.
>>
>>523366

>Hillary
>better

shiggy
Vote third-party, all the Berniefags who aren't Trumping must agree on one, you'll get that party more funding and make them something the bigger parties have to spend more effort to move around
>>
>>523919
Is that actually true? Simply voting for third parties increases their funding? Is there anyone interesting running in the third parties?
>>
Because most people have not only been brought up with a worldview which presents them with a narrative in which they matter, but they also have vested interest in preserving that worldview, because it strokes their ego.

When they are not only brought up to think a certain way, but they also recoil in fear when they are presented with an alternative, this clouds their mind and prevents them from seeing the truth of nihilism.
>>
File: 1459888300547.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459888300547.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>524016
I think you're presenting the wrong view about it. The main point people seem to see and spout "Nothing matters lel" when it's really "It's okay not to be important"
>>
>>524016
The only real truth you need to know is that the truth sucks dick and you're better off pursuing anything else.
>>
>>523919
>Trump
>better
shiggy
Vote third-party, all the Cruzfags who aren't Trumping must agree on one, you'll get that party more funding and make them something the bigger parties have to spend more effort to move around
>>
File: 1439150147682.png (400 KB, 450x720) Image search: [Google]
1439150147682.png
400 KB, 450x720
>>524175
>>524188
You're as important as you decide you are

I can decide what I am and what exists to me because I can control my perception of reality

So can everyone else, but what I decide is real is real and what I decide doesn't exist doesn't exist

Obviously tangible objects are one thing but concepts are mine to control, and things like homosexuality or god don't exist because I say they don't exist. They can come back in an instant but as long as I keep my own perspective I have my own reality.

I rely on myself to determine reality which makes reality an extension of me

The truth sucks or doesn't suck and I am important or unimportant because I decide my own viewpoint
>>
>>524219
K that's cool now do something you like
>>
>>524224
I am

Are you?
>>
>>524226
I always am because I'm happy 24/7
>>
>>524228
Thats nice

I think its good to seek out melancholy from time to time though
>>
>>524230
No because I know God is there for me.
>>
>i don't like it therefore it's edgy and fedora that only kids like
I like this meme.
>>
>>524252
>dumb nihilist mad at truth
>>
>>521542
Was this supposed to go in /his/
>>
>>524254
>truth
>delusion
Pick one.
>>
>>521551
Agnostic here
Can you prove anything you say?
>>
File: 1462800584777.png (34 KB, 732x606) Image search: [Google]
1462800584777.png
34 KB, 732x606
>>521542
>>
>>525399
>>>/funnyjunk/
>>
Cuz like who even cares even
>>
File: krit-car-nazi-member-pin.jpg (99 KB, 321x318) Image search: [Google]
krit-car-nazi-member-pin.jpg
99 KB, 321x318
nazi
>>
>>525399
me on the left
>>
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7VrIurKhs8
>>
>>522766
I do now
thanks pal~
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.