[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actual politics board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (342 KB, 624x343) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342 KB, 624x343
Can we have a board purely for discussion of politics? I'm tired of being told to go back to /pol/ whenever the slightest quip from the US election comes up. Actual discussion is frowned upon there.

Also, with the US election really in full swing now, it's time to ease up the rules on Trump posting on other boards
>>
>>521322
You can do that on /news/ as long as you have a related news story. Not that /pol/ won't be there too if you do, but you will get some non-partisans and non-political people to weigh in occasionally in political threads on there like you wouldn't on /pol/.
>>
>>521324
I actually forgot /news/ had even been brought back

As for /pol/, all discussion threads are overrun by ebin maymays and very little discussion. Take a look at Trump General for the best examples.
>>
>>521330
I agree with you. I have abandoned /pol/ recently myself. If I see another Milo and/or Ben Shapiro thread it will be too soon.
>>
Just do /pol/ and /memepol/
>>
>>521322
Make threads on /pol/ and make good posts in them. Do not reply to shitposters in your thread. Do not respond to shit threads on /pol/.

I swear, kids today have forgotten the golden rule of internet discussion.
>>
>>521322
You do realize /pol/ was borne out of this need for hugboxism

>wahh i cant have my free speech in /b/
>give me my own special free speech board where my opinion counts more

/b/ basically used to be the public dialogue of 4chan. If you wanted to talk about shit not on topic, you went there.

Now 4chan is filled with "safe spaces" like /pol/ where they get themselves worked up about boogeymen, and share their boogeymen stories and discuss boogeymen, sometimes pretending to be strawman boogeymen to make themselves feel better about how much better they are. Then, after they've worked themselves up about being so right, they become embolded and venture outside their safe space and shitpost elsewhere.

Now you want to make a new safe space to protect you from another safe space

The answer is delete /pol/ and put politics under /b/.
>>
>>521409
We've stopped calling it trolling. That's how much the rule was forgotten.
>>
>>521431
You seem to be obsessed with an Internet board too much.
>>
>give us a better /pol/
>but let us shitpost about the election on every other board
r u 4 real

/pol/ is what you get when you have a politics-themed board on a site where you don't need to sign up and has lax moderation. if you want "actual" discussion of politics, you would need to go to a heavily-moderated site that had accounts.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.