[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In 2012 the rights to 2ch were given to Jim at Racequeen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x900
>In 2012 the rights to 2ch were given to Jim at Racequeen Inc. Hiroyuki announces he is no longer the admin of 2ch, but still remains the defacto admin behind the curtains .

>2ch ran a service where anons payed approx 35 US dollars so they could post on 2ch if they were banned or couldn’t post because of their ISP (similar to the 4chan pass)-this service helped pay for the server fees

>August 2013, the service gets hacked. Those who registered to the service had their names, address, credit card numbers/security codes leaked. comment info was also leaked, people were able to search the 2ch archives and find out who posted what using the leaked comment info.

>It was also discovered that Hiroyuki was sending other personal info of posters to companies outside of 2ch.net

>After the hacking incident Hiroyuki is unable to pay for the server fees because the 2ch pass service was shutdown.

so what was he doing with all the shekels?

drugs?
>>
>>521063
Planning to buy 4chan.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Nishimura
>>
File: 4chan_-_2016-03-02_04.58.38.png (9 KB, 262x357) Image search: [Google]
4chan_-_2016-03-02_04.58.38.png
9 KB, 262x357
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSszWXkDHa8
>>
>>521063
Cannot believe how many people still believe this bullshit.
>>
>>521111
www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/09/17/digital/accidental-leak-ids-over-30000-anonymous-2channel-users
>>
File: 1462339910180.png (31 KB, 736x588) Image search: [Google]
1462339910180.png
31 KB, 736x588
>>521113
>>
>>521117
I know that but it can't surprise you that people believe the false story when the mainstream media reported the case and spread it around.
>>
>>521113
>>521122
Is it just me or does that article not even say anywhere in it that Hiro was responsible? So what's the point of posting it?

We all know the leak happened, and all the stories seem to agree that it was hacked. So the question is who was responsible for logging information like credit card numbers, and did Hiro really sell posting information to companies.

Personally I might believe that he sold data. But I find it less likely that he was storing credit card numbers because he says it used a service, so usually his servers wouldn't even see the credit card numbers making it impossible for him to log them (unless he lied about using a service for that, but this should be easily verifiable).
>>
>>521111
Stop shilling for Hiro.
>>
>>521111
>japanese media and the entirety of 2ch are wrong because Hiroyuki said so
Try not choking on his dick man.

>>521117
>The lawsuit starts in Nov.
So what happened?
>>
>>521291
>So what happened?
The last thing I heard it was still delayed, but that was back in January.
>>
>>521293
How convenient.
>>
>>521117
I belive gook moot.
>>
>>521063
Who is the guy on the far right in the pic?
>>
I think Jim Watkins is the bad guy here considering that he also took control over 8gag. He fights dirty.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.