[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix 4chan's General problem? The fucknuggets in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1449728103291.jpg (343 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1449728103291.jpg
343 KB, 1095x1195
How do we fix 4chan's General problem? The fucknuggets in them build up their own little community, completely contrary to the point of 4chan, and it just ends up a giant circlejerk. If you have an opinion separate from the others, you're automatically labelled a shitposter. It's almost literally /r/eddit.
>>
>>520716
Lurk moar
>>
make more boards like
/fut/, /bsk/, /cric/, /rug/...
/leftypol/, /center/, /ancap/, /storm/ aka pol
/film/, /kino/, /mov/, /sw/, /cape/, /tv/
/rap/, /ind/, /kpop/, /jpop/, /wpop/, /clas/, /jzz/
>>
I want a board just for me.
>>
>>520716
this "problem" has existed ever since 2ch lmaoo

it's natural for a community with specific rules to develop when a bunch of people are brought together.
>>
>>520716
> If you have an opinion separate from the others, you're automatically labelled a shitposter.

Poor baby. Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all?

Generals aren't going anywhere.
>>
File: cowe.jpg (410 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
cowe.jpg
410 KB, 2304x1728
>>520807
lmoo
>>
>>520716
>people talk about things instead of posting epin maymays and I dont like that

Here's what you do: drink a gallon of bleach
>>
>>520716
Because these people are carrying out their primary social interaction in these circlejerks. People didn't need to do this shit as much in the old days because they had IRL friends.
Today's kiddies spend their whole lives online and never make friends.
>>
>>520716
>If you have an opinion separate from the others, you're automatically labelled a shitposter.

Oh please, that happens on entire BOARDS too and you know it. Especially on /a/.
>>
>>520716
You forgot the issue where if you try to make a thread about the same subject as the general your thread will get deleted.

If you post the same thing in the general it will get swallowed up by the chat room nature, and you will only get shitpost answers from the same 2-3 tripfags.

The best thing you can do right now is make a thread on a completely separate board. /r9k/ is a good place to do that.
>>
>>521486
If anything it's the opposite. More "normal" people are on 4chan now and they naturally like to socialize and so try to build up communities inside generals. The people from the "old days" didn't have many real life friends, they just didn't care as much about socialization period.
>>
I really wish Hiro would comment on this.
Generals are continuing to grow and nothing is being done to stop it.
moot is gone; it's time to try something new.
>>
>>521704
Are you new to 4chan? The administration basically never comments on anything these days. We can only speculate about what they're thinking.
>>
>>521708
Hiro comes around to answer now and then, though.
http://fgts.jp/qa/search/username/hiroyuki/
>>
>>520716
Delete all boards except /b/
>>
>>521761
>Delete all boards
Fixed that for you
>>
How is it even a problem? When topics or IPs fall into a state where they aren't relevant in general but a niche group wants to continue discussing them, isn't it better that they contain themselves to a single thread instead of spreading themselves over multiple threads?

Use the catalog like the rest of us.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.