[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw "normie" has almost fully replaced "normalfag"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1461024059210.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461024059210.png
7 KB, 420x420
>mfw "normie" has almost fully replaced "normalfag" now
>>
>>520340
Easter?
>>
>>520340
Hello Alfonse.
>>
>>520340
Plz start spamming again.
>>
>>520352
Jews.
>>
>>520340
Good. Calling people fags is offensive. I'm glad to see 4chan has moved in a less offensive direction.
>>
>>520367
Fagfag
>>
Easter?
>>
>>520375
Yes this is Easter
>>
File: 1456764886236.png (275 KB, 596x505) Image search: [Google]
1456764886236.png
275 KB, 596x505
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G6F0pyaT7c
>>
>>520382
Hello, Easter
>>
kys normalfag
>>
No it hasn't, not for anyone that matters at least.
>>
Why did people care about which term was used in the first place?

I like how "normie" sounds. It's cute.
>>
>>520479
Kill yourself underage nigger.
>>
>>520340
Thanks r9k.
>>
File: 1451373869966.jpg (252 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451373869966.jpg
252 KB, 960x1280
>>520340
>mfw /a/utists don't realise the word normie is older than normalfag
>>
File: im a girl btw.png (2 MB, 1907x4549) Image search: [Google]
im a girl btw.png
2 MB, 1907x4549
>>
>>520340
>>
>>520768
t. someone who's been here since last summer
>>
>>520864
>Funimation subs

It's like you're TRYING to kill anime.
>>
>>521042
You can't kill what was already dead, Anon.
>>
>>521045
>hurr durr
>>
>>520915
There are uses of normalfag dating back to 2005, retard. He's still a newfag but so are you.
>>
>>520915
>t.
Spotted the cancer
>>
>>520340
This is partially true. Of all the boards I browse, I have only noticed this for the shitty boards, in my case /v/, /vg/, /pol/, and /r9k/.
>>
Why the fuck does anybody care?

The most insufferable thing on 4chan today is people who direct all their anger at the most trivial shit.

Seriously, do you have to have an I.Q. of 50 to actually think that starting up a witch hunt against a word is going to make your problem go away?

If you had ignored things like this from the start they would have just blended in with the rest of 4chan nobody would give them a second thought and the people you dislike would be a virtually unknown minority on most boards.
Yet you keep drawing lines in the sand and basically announcing to everyone that "these people I don't like exist, everyone look at them". All that's going to do is make more people act that way.

You people really do create your own boogiemen.
>>
>>521126
Using the word "normie" instead of normalfag made /r9k/ content much more palatable on facebook and other places. This was a small part of why /r9k/ went to shit in late 2014 and early 2015.
>>
About 8 years ago now, I called someone I e-met on 4chan a "fag" at the very end of our first email correspondence.

Basically, that ended it right there. I was like "bye fag," the way any lurker might call any other lurker a -fag. He e-blew up at me. My inbox was inundated with a hurt butt.

That was so long ago, he seemed like such an out-of-place maniac. Now, though, I suspect his type of person is becoming the norm. Especially on boards other than /pol/. Not even saying /pol/ is the standard bearer for 4chan, it's just so far away from such whinery, that that's the contrast in my mind.

To think, we're in a time where things like newfag and gayfag and aidsfag and so on and so forth have fallen out of use, but not because of natural lingual mutation... but through an ideology becoming more and more normal.

Tangential: I think we'll have to dump the term "millennial" soon. People born after 4chan was created can no reasonably be expected to post here, even if they're technically too young to do exactly that. We'll have to start calling these people the "meme generation."
>>
>>521158
>"meme generation.
I like that. I bet they'll actually take it as a compliment too.
>>
>>521052
So you mean normie is older than that?
>>
>>521209
It goes back to the 1980s.
>>
>>521158
Most people who complain about retarded millennials are retarded millennials themselves. Millennial is basically just a fancy new term for gen Y. If you were born between ~1980 and ~2000, you're a millennial.
>>
>>521211
I can confirm this, my grandpa created 1chan which was the first pigeonboard of the world, and every so often a faggot would mail him an angry frog that screamed and called him a normie. RIPIP grandpa you were a fag ;_;7
>>
>>521231
Los Angeles Times, November 19, 1987:
http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-19/news/hl-22426_1_barbara-kammerer

>"When people can restore features that most of society has, then it's much easier to enter society and not have people staring," Kammerer said.

>It is a simple concept most "normies" don't think much about, but it's one Kammerer lives with every day.
>>
>>521248
/thread
>>
>>520340
Just another step towards the complete transformation of 4chan towards being a haven for normalfags.
>>
>>520768
It isn't about which one is older. Normalfag is more offensive and follows 4chan -fag nomenclature.
>>
>>521158
>e-met
>e-blew
>rest of this post
You can't be younger than 35
>>
>>521211
Even farther back than that. At least to the 60s.
>>
>>520340
too long
>>
Normie is the normalfags version of normalfag
you see Facebook shit using it like hehe just played video games all day! ;333 no normies allowed ~rawr lol
>>
>>521915
Interesting.

I have no problem with the word "normie" and I had no idea it was used on facebook because I don't use it.
You have a problem with "normie" and are aware that it's all over facebook.

Why does 4chan's culture always get dictated by faggots like this?
>Stop using this thing because website X is cancer and the people over at website X have started using it. I know because I use website X. I-I'm not cancer though, h-honest.
>>
>>520340

>what a person who uses word normalfag unironically looks like
Imagine being so pathetic that you would believe being normal on some stupid arbitrary standards is a bad thing

There is literally nothing wrong with normalfags, they are much cooler and easier to talk with than raging /a/ manchildren.
>>
>>521216
This wouldn't been an issue if Americans didn't create memeterms to categorize everything
>>
>>522290
You're right if you take normalfag to mean normal person.
A lot of people have something else in mind though, where a normalfag is a person who strives for social success, because those are the people who can be truly insufferable here.

I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while now that a lot of people using 4chan today actually want 4chan to achieve some particular persona that would make them look cool if anyone found out they browsed 4chan. That's the real normalfag cancer in my opinion. It's probably why there's so many people complaining about crap that doesn't affect them at all.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.