[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REDDIT SHILL / BOOGYMAN MAY MAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Reddit.jpg (67 KB, 1000x1305) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
67 KB, 1000x1305
No, i'm not from reddit. I do not use reddit, i've only used reddit to evaluate reddit.

Hello,
Since this is the closest thing to a meta board, let's talk about the cancer that has spread onto every single board on this chan, and pretty much any other chan.

The word, Reddit.

The amount of shitposting that goes on about this website is unbearable. People accuse you of being from reddit simply because they disagree with your opinion.

People claim that reddit has invaded this chan and is a bogeyman out to get us, are you retarded?

Do you honestly think that reddit has setup some kind of subreddit to come out and get us?

How can you predict what websites an anonymous poster uses?

First, lets take a look at reddit's demographic.
https://a.pomf.cat/kwcxxt.jpg

That throws the 'Feminists are in reddit' away.

Let's continue.

For what reason, does the users of 4chan, consider reddit to be bad?
Is it because of the upvote system? Well, thats not here. So it's not a valid reason to hate users of reddit who post here.

Is it because of the 'sjws'? Look at the demographic.

Is it because of the quality of the redditors posts?
That is a meme. Go take a look at a random redditors user page.

>Reddit is low quality over all
Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/science/

>Reddit is far left
https://www.reddit.com/r/the_donald

IT'S A FUCKING FORUM. A NEWS SITE. NOT AN UNDERCOVER SHILL OPERATION.
So, Why do YOU consider reddit to be bad. I'd honestly like to know. I'll be happy to disprove all of your opinions.
>>
That sure is a lot of words just to say you're pissy when people shit talk reddit OP.
>>
>>519207
It's not the shit talking that pisses me off. I could give two shits about reddit.

It's the constant shitposting about someone being on another website that pisses me off.
>>
>>519203
go back to >>>/r/eddit
and fucking stay there
>>
I have to agree. Calling someone a reddit is perfectly acceptable if criticizing tone or ad hominem attacks based on posting style. That's simply insulting someone, not using it to win an argument about the actual topic. It's cancer when it's simply used to disregard valid opinions, and used in order to claim internet victory in a discussion of a topic.

Stuff like gb2gaia was very specific in what it meant. It wasn't a catch-all term for things you don't like, like newfag. Reddit is actually worse for discussion like newfag, because topics get derailed talking about reddit, no one actually gave a shit what gaia was, and if you were called a newfag, it was implied you should lurk more, rather than leave.

That being said, you post like you're a reddit.
>>
>>519239
I've already said i'm not on reddit.
Why would i go back to some place i haven't been on in months? After hearing so much about a website you kinda want to go check it out.
>>
>>519254
>Why would i go back to some place i haven't been on in months?
So you are from there then. Go back and stay there.
>>
>>519391
No, i went there after hearing about it on 4chan. You still have failed to answer my question:
What is bad about reddit?
>>
>>519203
Hi, reddit
>>
>>519209>>

It would make more sense to say I could*n't* give two shits about reddit.
>>
>>519427
Reddit is like target. 4chan is like walmart. Lower prices.
>>
>>519203
>For what reason, does the users of 4chan, consider reddit to be bad?
>Is it because of the upvote system?
Yes, but also the gold system is a huge part of it too.

>Well, thats not here. So it's not a valid reason to hate users of reddit who post here.
I think there's a whole bunch of different answers to this for different anons. As for me personally here is my answer:
Do you remember the internet before social media sites took over? Take when Myspace first popped up for example. When people looked at that site you had 2 majorly different types of people.
Some of us just took one look at it and said fuck no, I'm staying the hell away from that shit, and then there's everyone else who thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Well the former was like a minority, so much so that even if you tell people why the site was terrible for the internet and why you would never use it they'd give you blank stares and have no idea what the fuck you were talking about.
Then you come onto 4chan and it's like a beacon of sanity. Not only would people understand you if you explained why a site like that was shit, but you didn't even _have to_ explain it in the first place.

Since you have a lot of people like that here they tend to want to defend that homogeneity of that mentality because if not on 4chan then where the hell else would I go in this world to find so many people that understand why I have a natural tendency to avoid sites like that?

Reddit might not be that big of a deal when it comes to sites like that, but it's still one of them, and I still have my guard up against people who don't naturally have the same tendency as me to avoid sites with features like reddits.
If people were openly talking about facebook on 4chan more than reddit then I'm sure we'd probably forget about reddit. But as it stands, reddit is the one site with those "cancerous features" that gets talked about most here.

But, that's just my personal opinion.
>>
>>519203
>Do you honestly think that reddit has setup some kind of subreddit to come out and get us?
To be fair, /r/4chan did invade /r9k/, but to be fair, they were totally justified.
>>
>>519207
>>519239
>>519391
>>519458
Cancer
>>
I would like to see a global filter changing "reddit" to "internet".
>>
>>520883
Good one.
>>
>>520890
I bet you would.
>>
File: 1456012375728.jpg (100 KB, 400x1355) Image search: [Google]
1456012375728.jpg
100 KB, 400x1355
1)
>>
File: 1452376014965.png (56 KB, 1039x269) Image search: [Google]
1452376014965.png
56 KB, 1039x269
>>521071
>>
>>520883
Reddit
>>
People here have such a warped view of reddit. It's kind of sad, but mostly funny.
>>
>>521079
1. Wordfilters were always a thing on /b/ but are unprecedented as a site-wide thing like they are now, desu senpai. THIS is censorship

2. You cannot discuss gamergate on /v/ THIS is censorship

3. /tv/ has Krager and /r9k/ is almost nothing but tripfags. = automatically circlejerk

4. You can not give a fuck about BBC and cunnyposting, but the moment Aushours come around, or the Janitors get a bug up their ass, your thread will vanish.

There's a reason people call this place haIfchan.
>>
>Do you honestly think that reddit has setup some kind of subreddit to come out and get us?
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan
>>
>>521084
Just like how Reddit has a warped view of 4chan. It's like poetry
>>
File: 1450182885711.jpg (65 KB, 591x363) Image search: [Google]
1450182885711.jpg
65 KB, 591x363
>>521087
If you aren't a stupid newfag, you know what the filters mean. That is not censorship, that is just a newfag test.
Gamergate threads had doxes and raids, which are against the rules since 2006. Not only it fucked with 4chan, bringing more braindead redditors like you here, but it also made moot leave, along with fappening and cuck spam.
/tv/ is pure cancer and so is /r9k/, these boards should be nuked. You can't use tripfags as an argument, because everyone in this site hates them.
Janitors are lazy fucks. That is a problem with the staff, bunch of incompetent faggots.

I see that you browse 8gag. Good, go there and never come back. Your admin defends reddit anyway.
>>
>>521114
There are literally words we are not allowed to say on the website because they offend the delicate sensibilities of some. I don't care if you don't like those words, they are censorship. I'm an oldfag. When someone would say shit like 'lol' or whatever we'd just fucking mock them and eventually it stopped. The community filters out newfags, not fucking wordfilters.

How is Moot leaving because he can't handle being called out by fucking /pol/ of all places or the fact that the mods and janitors are shit not an indictment of the site?

At least two of the boards here, by your own admission, are 'pure cancer' and 'should be nuked'. How is that not an indictment of the site?
>>
>>521114
I don't get that screenshot. What is important about the picture of a bulldog?
>>
>>521121
And what are these words? Eightchan? M@st3rchan? on,nimp,org? Because only this kind of "word" is banned. These sites used to spam or were spammed on 4chan.
You know what is really blocked? "Go Back 2 Reddit". I just wonder why.
> I'm an oldfag
And browses reddit? Yeah, right.
>When someone would say shit like 'lol' or whatever we'd just fucking mock them and eventually it stopped.
Funny, nowadays if you do this, they create "How is reddit bad?" threads on /qa/. The community really filters out newfags and cancer, huh?

I don't get what you mean by "indictment of the site".

>>521125
I don't know if you are being ironic or just being a retard. I'm going to consider the first option.
>>
>>521128
T B H
F A M
Cuck a while back. There's others.

I don't browse Reddit. I'm just saying calling Reddit cancer given the current state of this place is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>521133
t b h, s m h and f a m are just wordfiltered, they aren't blocked.

How do you think cancer find about 4chan? Because reddit steals our memes and spread them on the entire fucking internet. Ebaums did this, gaia did this, digg did this. That's why these sites used to be hated. reddit, 9gag and tumblr are the new ebaums, gaia and digg, and that's why they are hated. They are not a boogeyman, they are a real problem to 4chan.
We don't fucking care if a site has feminists or not, just don't fuck up 4chan and it won't be hated,
>>
>>521151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCeOf2q6_TA
>>
>>520883
>reddit calling others cancer
>>
OP your formatting is fucking hideous.

But yeah, Reddit is a convenient boogeyman because it's hard to take responsibility for yourself. There's also the sheep mentality that compounds it. To them, Reddit will always be "liberal hugbox", no matter if /r/the_donald or /r/DarkEnlightenment exist.
>>
>>521265
Found the Redditor.
>>
Would it be possible to implement a script so that anyone visiting the site from Reddit gets automatically banned?
>>
>>521284
Depends. No scripts can see what sites you are browsing right now. However, there's a little thing called the HTTP Referer Header. For example, if you click on a link, a referer is given to the site you've clicked. You can detect this referer through javascript and proceed to ban the user. For example, a ledditor links a 4chan thread on reddit. Another ledditor clicks on this link. If 4chan has this detector, it will read the referer and know that you came here through reddit.
Another inefficient way of doing that would be reading the user's clipboard, searching for the thread's link.
>>
>>521284
>>521295
Or we could just do something like sad panda.
>>
>>521308
Not really, because it would need an account, which completely breaks anonymity.
Here are some options:
- Fake 404 page.
Show up an Apache's HTTP 404 page, but hide on it a checkbox. Checking it would make 4chan load;

- Custom User Agent.
4chan could read the user agent and search for, I don't know, "niggers". If the user agent contains "niggers", load up 4chan.
You can modify the user agent using extensions or via browser. IE and Chrome have an inbuilt user agent overrider. You can override the user agent in Firefox on "about:config", creating a "general.useragent.override" value;

- Make something like: karachan.org/b/
>>
File: 1456944261190.jpg (193 KB, 1125x649) Image search: [Google]
1456944261190.jpg
193 KB, 1125x649
>That throws the 'Feminists are in reddit' away.

Sure thing.

>>492609

It's a fact that most of the politically correct feminists and white knights come from Reddit.

It's also a fact that Redditors come here to shit up the place because they'd rather use Reddit to dicuss things and 4chan to shit all over the place or push an agenda.

Reddit is one of the biggest sites, and even if because of this some of the people on it can make good contributions (Sturgeon's Law) and there's a variety of users, it's fair to say a specific brand of bad posters come from there as well, so saying they're most likely from Reddit and that they should go back there is accurate.

They bring their lack of humor, lack of personality, lack of creativity, lack of original thought, upvote/hugbox mentality, lack of wit, boring, passive PC attitude here until the regular anons are tired of dealing with them and leave and this site turns into just another version of Reddit with the same userbase and same mediocrity. Then they also leave because they've driven away all the good posters that made this site worth browsing in the first place. They also bring normalfaggotry so anything that makes 4chan unique or interesting gets shat on.

They have no attachment to the site because for them 4chan is just another site like Reddit they can shitpost on so they never try to contribute anything, they never learn board cultures. They take memes and plaster them everywhere removing any magic from them instantly.

/r/4chan has over 700k followers.

Not everyone on Reddit is bad, but if you're upset that people say you're from there, you should wonder why that is.
>>
File: 1446999787012.jpg (453 KB, 990x717) Image search: [Google]
1446999787012.jpg
453 KB, 990x717
>>521567
>>
>>519203
Before reddit it was IGN. I'm sure there was something else before that.
>>
>>521567
Wordfilter fact to opinion.
Wordfilter literally to figuratively.
Wordfilter objective to subjective.
>>
>>521567
>upvoting anything
fuck off reddit
>>
>>521601
Well, that's just like, your fact, man.
You are figuratively worse than Hitler.
>>
File: reddit is cancer.png (357 KB, 1106x615) Image search: [Google]
reddit is cancer.png
357 KB, 1106x615
>>521087
>/v/, /tv/ and /r9k/
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.