[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't all boards have Webms with sound?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Book_of_Pussy.png (856 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Book_of_Pussy.png
856 KB, 1280x720
Why can't all boards have Webms with sound?
>>
What use would they be on boards like /ck/ or /qa/ OP? But the main reason is because moot didn't want people posting webms with audio spelling out CP sites or some shit.
>>
>>519210

I thought it was because Moot could not afford the bandwidth. Also I thought everyone /b/ used sink or spoon reflections to get away with that. Or so I hear.
>>
>>519199
Clearly you haven't been here long enough to remember the days of people discovering how to embed + autoplay SANIC HEGEHOG and having a 1/20 chance of having your ears destroyed upon opening a thread.
>>
Enter the URL: www.strawpoll.me, but replace the Ls with i's.

There, you will have your answer.
>>
>>519522
>>519565

That's some /b/-tier shit. Mods can easily ban anyone for it and it sounds like a petty excuse more than anything else.
>>
>>519627
Mods have enough to not deal with without this faggotry. I for one hope it never happens. I get enough shit blasted at me generally on the internet, last thing I need is more blasting here.
>>
>>519627
And faggots can evade, and do it again, and evade again etc. Fuck webms with sound. We are why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>519199
>>519210
>>519215
Lurk more.

http://blog.4chan.org/post/81896300203/webm-support-on-4chan
>We decided to disallow WebM files with sound for a few reasons, but mainly because it’s our intention to provide the site with better animated images, and not true video support. To that end, we only accept WebM files with one video stream and no audio streams, that are shorter than 120 seconds long, no larger than 2048x2048 pixels, and less than 3 MB in size.
>>
>>519656
why even bother if you're going to limit it so much and not go all the way?
kind of pathetic
>>
>>519681
just post youtube links
>>
You seem to be on an imageboard, no videoboard.
Bring back textboards.
>>
>>519522
i am orgasim
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.