[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tripfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1455517110317.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1455517110317.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
Global rule banning tripfags from using trips inappropriately.
>>
>>519198
What is using them appropriately?

When OP uses them to attentionfag in his own thread?

Remove trips and give everyone the name Anonymous, period.
>>
>>519198
Why are you so triggered over someone placing letters and some hashtags and some more letters in the name field?

Download appchan x and enabled forced anonyminity, then wordfilter tripfag so you don't see the shitposts people like you make.

Disposable trip btw, Can't Filter me :^)
>>
File: 1460504435291.png (201 KB, 450x343) Image search: [Google]
1460504435291.png
201 KB, 450x343
whats the fuckin point of tripfags everywhere its like you think they are valuable memebers of the community and have some quality stuff to share
BUT THEY ARE JUST FUCKIN ATTENTION WHORES
>>
>>519226
Do you feel that you are more valuable than the other posters on 4chan?

Do you feel that you have something unique to bring to this board that temporarily requires you to maintain some form of identity?

Do you feel that you are above the very fundamentals of an anonymous image board?
>>
>>519245
1)No.
2)Perhaps.
3)Yes.

I usually post anon, just figured I'd post with a trip for the bantz.
>>
>>519231
post of the year desu
>>
I've been on 4chan for 6 years and I don't think I've seen a tripfag using a trip for anything worthwhile literally ever.

Ban the use of them completely.
>>
Trips are as old as imageboards are. They have always been around, so they'll never be removed.
However I have always fucking hated them during the 8 years that I've been here. I have only ever seen 3 or so decent tripfags. The rest are all just fags who want attention.
If I were god of 4chan you would be able to get a randomly assigned name and trip when starting a thread. You would be able to post in your own thread with this trip until it 404s. Nobody would be able to go around posting with their special snowflake name and tripcode all the fucking time.
Vote for me.
>>
>make it harder to filter the biggest attentionwhores
no
>>
>>519231
this desu
>>
>>519231
Spoken like someone who didn't use 4chan pre-2005.
>>
But then how would I make people like you needlessly upset before going back to being anon?
>>
>>519245
as someone who posted anonymously for ages, then used a trip, then stopped using a trip for like 18 months, then started using a trip again, I feel like I enjoy 4chan a lot more when I'm using my trip. I think it's because:

>people give you more attention, and I like attention. This is the biggest reason and tripfags who pretend otherwise are lying and nobody's buying it. But most of the attention is abusive, so there are other reasons
>Secondly, because I like browsing the archive, it makes it easier to track posts you've made months and years previously and revisit entertaining threads
>Thirdly, there's a sense of continuity and community among people who have tripcodes. This isn't as prevalent anymore, at least not on the boards I use, but it used to be a beautiful thing.

Reasons two and three are offensive to 4chan purists, who want everything to be temporary and anonymous. After a while, a thread goes away, and the people you shared a discussion or a laugh or an argument with, in effect, completely vanish. That's supposed to be the feature that makes 4chan relatively unique and tripcodes and archives undermine that.

But I think the option should be exerciseable regardless, and given that it's so easy to pretend the option isn't present (anonymizers, not clicking on archives), it makes no sense to get upset at people who do exercise the option.

tl;dr cry more
>>
Why do people shitpost? For attention and the sweet (You)s. But some shitposters want even more attention so they put on a trip in hopes of people recognizing him and giving him even more attention. They should all be permabanned desu.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.